You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0449.JPG
hulksmile.gif
hulk.gif
#1 11 years ago

Had big Avengers plans for this weekend. Confirmed with the shipper that my new Avengers LE would at the terminal Thursday. Setup a delivery appointment for Friday, and convinced some friends to come by Saturday to help me get it in the basement and set up. Friday rolls around, and I start waiting. And waiting. More waiting.

Finally called the shipper, and they have no idea where the machine is. Turns out the paperwork came in on a truck, but not the pin, so now they have to start a truck/warehouse search for it. Of course their person who deals with this left early on Friday, so they probably won't even get the ball rolling until Monday.

With my luck, when it does finally show up, it will look like it got dumped on the highway or something.

First world problems, I know, but still p*sses me off. Especially as they didn't even bother to call me once they realized that they didn't have the pin and that they wouldn't be able to make the scheduled delivery.

#2 11 years ago

That SUCKS!!! I hope this has a happy ending. Stay warm up there!

#3 11 years ago

Bummer man.

#4 11 years ago

Damn dude, I know the feeling.

STI/NAVL stood me up for 2 days when delivering my TSPP/FGY

You should cook up a few lbs of bacon, get a keg of beer & play your pins with buddy's anyway.

#5 11 years ago

Wow what a bummer your set to get the game then BAM you get the rug pull
Your only option now may be 6 pack of beer

#6 11 years ago

Not to spook you, but the longer they have it, the greater the chance they have damaged it.

If the game is damaged, do not accept it. Do not let them "note the damage on the bill of lading" and hand it off to your custody.

#7 11 years ago

That makes a bummer weekend! You think you got the whole weekend planned with your new toy, got all the friends pumped up to see the "newest and greatest" from Stern, and it doesnt show up.
I know the feeling. Hasnt happened on a pin yet, but it has on other new toys that I have bought.

#8 11 years ago

R&L did the same thing to me......no AV's for christmas weekend........It sucked !

And they didnt even know where it was....DEE da DEE !

But at least they didnt have a Ham-Fisted F%$#TARD ruin my game .. LOL

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not to spook you, but the longer they have it, the greater the chance they have damaged it.

If the game is damaged, do not accept it. Do not let them "note the damage on the bill of lading" and hand it off to your custody.

I will be checking. Everytime they have to unload and load it is a chance for more damage, so this will definitely not help.

Looking forward to the forklift holes...

#10 11 years ago

You guys are so paranoid. Hundreds of machines get shipped each week. Hardly any are damaged. Of course the few that are report it so it seems like some sort of epidemic. I'm sure the machine will show up and be fine. Forklift drivers spend all day loading and unloading freight. It's not like they hire some drunk from under the bridge to move just your machine. Stuff hardly ever gets damaged.

As for getting stood up, I always go to the terminal and pick the thing up. They even let me unpack it and they dispose of the packing materials for me. Several different carriers and they always let me do this. Saves a day of waiting around. If your freight is damaged, ask them if you can open it up and they'll probably let you.

#11 11 years ago

Let us know how this saga ends.

#12 11 years ago

Sucks, I know

I had a LOTR lost in transit. I kept ringing the depot to see if my machine had arrived, they kept saying 'no'
it ended up the guy at the depot was lookning for a pinball machine size box, still on its legs
what he had was a box that was well wrapped with the legs in the wraping, it had sat at the depot for 2 weeks

I put it down to Xmas, the 'A' team is away, Paul the cleaner is left in charge

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You guys are so paranoid. Hundreds of machines get shipped each week. Hardly any are damaged. Of course the few that are report it so it seems like some sort of epidemic. I'm sure the machine will show up and be fine. Forklift drivers spend all day loading and unloading freight. It's not like they hire some drunk from under the bridge to move just your machine. Stuff hardly ever gets damaged.

As for getting stood up, I always go to the terminal and pick the thing up. They even let me unpack it and they dispose of the packing materials for me. Several different carriers and they always let me do this. Saves a day of waiting around. If your freight is damaged, ask them if you can open it up and they'll probably let you.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised. However losing the pin in the first place hasn't given me a warm fuzzy as to their competence, and having one NIB delivered with box damage already hasn't added to it.

I have considered picking it up at the terminal, as it is cheaper. Maybe I will try that next time. My main problem would be figuring out how to get it out of my truck by myself.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Same here. NAVL especially was super easy and I found out not that far from my house. So, I saved myself a day+ getting whitewater straight from them. They are super helpful too when I get them.

#15 11 years ago

Good news, they found it, and will be delivering it at some point tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives and is in good shape.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Good news, they found it, and will be delivering it at some point tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives and is in good shape.

keep us posted!

#17 11 years ago

Some clown on a hi-lo is probably using it for target practice for his forks as we speak (:

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Some clown on a hi-lo is probably using it for target practice for his forks as we speak (:

lol, thanks for that image...

#19 11 years ago

All will be good and you'll be HULK SMASHING before you know it!

hulk.gifhulk.gif

#20 11 years ago

So did it come? Pics? Hope it arrives aok.

#21 11 years ago

It arrived today, is in my garage. Some minor dings/scrapes in the box, but nothing that looks like it made it through the cardboard, so should be okay. I hope to get it in the house, setup and get some pictures posted tonight

#22 11 years ago

Great news. Nothing like opening up a NIB. Hope you have only minor to no tweaking required.

Need me to make the three hour drive to come and help you set it up? I would have to bring my 2 and 4 year old kids...

#23 11 years ago

Congrats!

hulksmile.gifhulksmile.gif

#24 11 years ago

So got Avengers LE #63 (matches my Wolverine #63) unpacked and setup last night, only had time for a few games. Thankfully, the game was perfect, not a scratch on it anywhere. First impressions:

- Glad I went with Avengers Blue. I think Hulk LE looks cool, and it was a tough decision cuz I knew all the cool kids were going Hulk, but really wanted all the Avengers represented. In person, the blue Avengers is a very striking machine. The metallic trim, the colors and detail of the cab graphics and the translite all look amazing. It does look pretty similar to my Wolvie LE, but I will stick Tron in between them to break things up a bit.

- Gameplay wise I only have a dozen games on it so far, but very smooth satisfying shots. Overall seems to play a bit slower than my X-men LE, definitely slower than Tron, but still pretty speedy. I haven't had any ball hangups on Hulk, shots to Black widow flow very smooth. I haven't had enough time to determine how much the Loki positioning will bother me as I was still in flail fest mode rather than figuring out exactly what shots to make when.

Not a lot of pics yet, but here is a crappy iPhone one from when I was just getting it setup. Tonight I will get it into the lineup and make sure I have pitch and level perfect then put some serious games on it this weekend.

IMG_0449.JPGIMG_0449.JPG

#25 11 years ago

Congrats! Great game!

#26 11 years ago

Glad to hear it worked out ok

Enjoy the new game, I too like how the whole team is on the blue version.

#27 11 years ago

Wolverine, Tron, Avengers Blue...wow, I guess you like the color BLUE! You might as well powder the Tron blue to complete the tri-fecta.

#28 11 years ago

Congrats! great game enjoy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengersdenied and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.