View topic image gallery

K0EQ7BVv7Qw3HBwCYhMz3Dpt0fV4tgvAxp10wh3edYE (resized).png
Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
men-without-hats-i-got-the-message (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
aea5e85390c42f38eba732414168b9e787cb4872 (resized).jpg
avengers-compare.jpg
Screenshot 2020-10-13 103034 (resized).png

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I think we should all be very thankful and appreciative of the beautiful artwork these guys are doing. Seriously look at how gorgeous tmnt, gnr, and avengers look. Great color packages on all models.

Yes, compared to those, Rick And Morty looks like it was done by a real amateur.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, compared to those, Rick And Morty looks like it was done by a real amateur.

Agreed Imagine if Rick and Morty were done by Zombie Yeti! He could have made that machine worthy of the 9k price point! I love the gameplay because of the call outs and episode oriented modes but the art and rather funky design flow made it hard for me to want it in my collection of only a few machines based on current space limits. The side art was just a freaking joke as well! My kid could have done a better job with it.

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

But Rick's space ship is on a spring!

I'd like to own one, one day, but it is similar to how I'd like to own a family guy. I feel the machine itself is sorta bland, but love the theme.

#104 1 year ago

For a thread that was Avengers vs GnR Rick & Morty is doing terribly!!

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, so far 2020 has been an all around great year... until you brought that up.
How do you top two already old and outdated themes? Let's do one even older.

I'd love to see the Ink Spots music pin. Oh baby that would be awesome. Or the 1920s depression based theme. Soup Kitchen multiball is gonna be fucking amazing. Day one buy, sight unseen, for me!

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

GnR has RGB LED light strips. Lots of them. INNOVATION!!! How could anyone possibly argue with that kind of ground breaking innovation????

Why, you trolling son of a biiiiiiitch!!!!!!

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:Agreed Imagine if Rick and Morty were done by Zombie Yeti! He could have made that machine worthy of the 9k price point! I love the gameplay because of the call outs and episode oriented modes but the art and rather funky design flow made it hard for me to want it in my collection of only a few machines based on current space limits. The side art was just a freaking joke as well! My kid could have done a better job with it.

I disagree that R&M side art is a joke. It’s very much in keeping with the show art and has different images on both sides something not all games do. If I’m not mistaken GnR CE has same art on both sides.

R&M is not a big budget game and doesn’t sell because of the art but more because it’s a great theme, humor and assets with more modes being added will only get better.

#107 1 year ago

Gnr is brilliant, probably game of the year. but if you can only afford a pro then avengers is game off the year for me. Because it feals more complete as a pro.
There is to many left out in the GNR "pro".
Multiball was always one off the goals in a pinball machine between the modes and for a wizzard mode.
ALL DAY LONG multibal can get repetitive in GNR.
What i say before apples and oranges they both are delicious you need them both

#108 1 year ago

no votes for Stranger things?!

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Agreed Imagine if Rick and Morty were done by Zombie Yeti!

Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
#110 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

For a thread that was Avengers vs GnR Rick & Morty is doing terribly!!

Not here. It is the only one of the three I care to own, and it is simply gorgeous. The whole package. A masterpiece!

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not here. It is the only one of the three I care to own, and it is simply gorgeous. The whole package. A masterpiece!

me so happy for you!

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

no votes for Stranger things?!

I’ve got a vote for Stranger Things. It has its adjustments that needed to be made but the projection mapping IS innovative. So is the black light ink on the playfield. It is a brutal and addicting game. I had to force myself to stop playing it and play my other games. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I’ll literally never sell mine.

#113 1 year ago

I love it too. Yet to play AIQ, R&M or GNR, they all due to arrive before xmas!

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Agreed Imagine if Rick and Morty were done by Zombie Yeti! He could have made that machine worthy of the 9k price point! I love the gameplay because of the call outs and episode oriented modes but the art and rather funky design flow made it hard for me to want it in my collection of only a few machines based on current space limits. The side art was just a freaking joke as well! My kid could have done a better job with it.

Funky layouts are usually some of the best layouts and R&M is no exception.

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballsaversunite:

GNR if they used footage from all their concerts and not just the latest tour but most likely out of JJP's control.

Axl is way too controlling of what is exposed re: former members. Izzy is obviously on his shit list and then if you think about the literal revolving door of other members (Steven, Matt, Buckethead, etc etc.) I think given the constraints, JJP did the right thing by using the album-recorded music with the current tour concert footage. They did a damn good job syncing things up. Got to play one yesterday and my mind was officially blown. Objective of the in-concert feeling was definitely achieved.

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I’ve got a vote for Stranger Things. It has its adjustments that needed to be made but the projection mapping IS innovative. So is the black light ink on the playfield. It is a brutal and addicting game. I had to force myself to stop playing it and play my other games. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I’ll literally never sell mine.

I’ll put Stranger things up there as well

Very addictive!

Let’s give it to GNR and JJP because “the experience” will never be duplicated again

Why? Slash

“Hey let me call McCartney and clear the path for Live and Let die”. Etc etc etc

Stern is still the dominant 800 pound gorilla.

JJP has a huge bar to meet for the next pin

Or will they revert back to Wonkas, Dialed Ins and pins that don’t sell well?

While Stern continues to crush them sales wise?

Let’s hope JJP finally learned the “fun factor” secret sauce

It’s not good enough to cram a bunch of stuff in a game and say “look here boys compared to Stern”

That formula has been a total failure for the most part to now with the exception of Woz

And then there is the theme! Lesson learned, ditch the all family friendly themes

#117 1 year ago

Oh btw, Avengers LE is phenomenal!

Thx again to Elwin. Another awesome creative layout

#118 1 year ago

Where are you putting all these pins buddy. Not one comes along that you don’t buy. Have fun with them.

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Where are you putting all these pins buddy. Not one comes along that you don’t buy. Have fun with them.

It was a pass on TMNT Wes.

They just keep pumping out great games brother. Need to cull a few older ones out.

#120 1 year ago

If I ever happen to be in Texas again, I will not only sample TexMex food and take the 72 ounce steak challenge, but will also have to look up Iceman and check out his display of pumped out and pumped up games.

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I ever happen to be in Texas again, I will not only sample TexMex food and take the 72 ounce steak challenge, but will also have to look up Iceman and check out his display of pumped out and pumped up games.

Thanks dude. Love you too

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Top hat from Pinball Magic.
2d fighting gfx from DP
spinning table from...well Avengers/planets/zodiac...
etc, etc

Hey, hey, now, that's an insult to pinball magic!

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Thanks dude. Love you too

K0EQ7BVv7Qw3HBwCYhMz3Dpt0fV4tgvAxp10wh3edYE (resized).png
#124 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

IS innovative. So is the black light ink on the playfield.

Predator did it first

#125 1 year ago

I think Twilight Zone actually.

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside