You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0449.PNG
CEAE132A-B382-4C67-8561-2DD574CC7AD9.JPG
amc-ultimate-marvel-marathon-image1.jpg
RMK1741SCS_Avengers_Wall_Decals_Produc.jpg
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 11 years ago

Feel relieved I don't feel the need to add this to my wishlist.

For the increased price, nothing revolutionary and I suspect ACDC and XM will be considered to be better once dust settles.

Doing a movie pin and yet no genuine voices doesn't sit well with me. The cube looks cheap - surely for 7k they could have done better?

Yes, it is great Stern are making pins but I got a TAF in my house for the first time. 1991 - roll on 20 years and it knocks spots off this - add fancy lighting to TAF and it would look like a 2013 pin.

No wonder the 1990 classics are so popular - they are still better!!

#102 11 years ago

I thought the moving ramp over Hulk was going to be a lot better than what the video showed. I thought it would do more. So with that being said nothing excites me about the LE over the Pro on this one at all.

#103 11 years ago

Thought the game was going to be much better, But to me it's no where near the 8,500 plus here in Australia. Will be passing on this one for sure.

#104 11 years ago

Due to circumstances with holding my hulk order was cancelled. Thank-You! 7,000.00 with out Robert Downey Jr and the original voices???? Doesn't mater what they do. It may be a good game....It will never be an amazing game with out the voices. I just won't happen. I could even see a mod to save the cube. The premium buyers may be the lucky ones. I hope I am wrong. The bubble looks to be near. Tron has Jeff B....How much more would it really have cost?? Iron man is lost..... I'll wait and hope I am wrong.

#105 11 years ago

Wow, i find it amazing that most of you guys can tell this game will suck or even play good. Really? On a 2 minute movie, that didn't really focus on anything, let alone on gameplay. The camera went all over the place, from dots to playfield and back.
Personally i will wait until more gameplay is shown before i make any judgement. But i have a feeling a lot have made there "judgement" already. I only wonder what it's really based on? And i'm talking about how the game plays, not how it looks or if it's your theme or not. Because that i could understand.
I Don't like (and didn't buy) WOZ based on theme, but i'm holding my judgement on actual gameplay until i really played it. It wouldn't be the first time that a theme turned me off, but when i played it the game really kicked ass!

And one more thing i'm really dying to find out is that awesome build quality that WOZ is seemed to be made of. And no that isn't a sarcastic remark or sneer toward JJP.
I'm really curious, because everybody who saw it is raving about that, And i'm dying to make that assessment myself.
Because now it seems the difference between buildquality in JJP & Stern is like comparing diamonds to common glass. Or so many make it seem to be. And because of that my expectations are fairly high to say the least.

Back to Avengers, i'm glad i bought a Hulk, because the theme is really speaking to me as a Comic and movie buff. If it's proves to be a dud later on, so be it. Then i will sell it down the road and get something else. But so far i for one can't really say which way it will go.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Wow, i find it amazing that most of you guys can tell this game will suck or even play good. Really? On a 2 minute movie, that didn't really focus on anything, let alone on gameplay.

Indeed! And even with a better gameplay-video it's still hard to say if I'll like a game or not. I don't think WOZ looks fun just by gameplayvideos, but, besides the code nowhere near finished, the same goes for a lot more games: I think some games look really boring just looking at amateurs playing it on video, and often the same games I enjoy playing myself. I play in a football/soccer team I hope I'll never have to watch an entire 90 minute-game on video of a match... I would probably be bored to death just looking at it, but I still really enjoy playing in the team myself.
Sure, you can make 'some' judgements by video's, but I think a real judgement takes playing yourself (and probably more than a few games). Just an example: I thought ACDC gameplay didn't look anything special at all, and I really liked that game when I played it some times.

So no judgement by me yet about gameplay of the new games (not for WOZ, not for Avengers, not for X-Men (I haven't played that yet either)).

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Xmen has a so much better lay out than this game. Storm ramp is awesome as well as the Cyclopes shot. All we need is new code and it's on the way!

Says the guy selling XMEN.

#108 11 years ago

Theme matters a lot to me.

I absolutely loved the Avengers movie...it is my favorite superhero movie ever.

I am incredibly disappointed that the pin does not have a single real quote or clip from the film. (Even Batman, which has a sound package I hate, still manages to throw in a real quote/clip or two).

This game was super-high on my list, now I'm just bummed.

Pete

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Says the guy selling XMEN.

He is getting out of the hobby completely. Nothing to do with xmen really.

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think it looks awesome. But everyone has an agenda. If you held onto XM, you want XM to be better. If you held out for WOZ, you have your JJP jersey on. But I think this machine looks like it has features and shots unlike anything we have seen. That's a plus. Stern has upped their game, and that is good for everyone.
Anyone complaining about not liking the shots from a super edited promo video has already made up thier mind before even hitting play.

Agreed. Whining, complaining, spazzing about a game that isn't even out yet is pathetic. If you're this negative about any pinball machine - let alone one you haven't played or seen live - you really need to de-emphasize pinball in your life. Something's missing, and pinball will never be an ample substitute.

That'll be $.05 please.

#111 11 years ago

No audio clips from the movie, which was a blockbuster hit? Why?

This is a huge letdown IMO. One of the things I love about IM is the movie cuts and actual callouts.. I couldn't imagine the same machine with voice actors.

And there's nothing better than getting used to a movie based pin and going back and watching the movie... and hearing exactly where all those voice callouts and clips came from! SM is another game I can think of like this.

Not really sure what to think about Avengers at this point, but it's not grabbing me at the moment.

#112 11 years ago

The only thing I am really confused about is the Black Widow ramp??? This is almost a 90 degree turn??? Based on all of the video I have seen, it is slow and "clunky"? I don't think I ca recall a ramp ever being shaped in such a way............and for good reason, the ball doesn't flow? Am I missing something?

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from nicholson12345:

Due to circumstances with holding my hulk order was cancelled. Thank-You! 7,000.00 with out Robert Downey Jr and the original voices???? Doesn't mater what they do. It may be a good game....It will never be an amazing game with out the voices. I just won't happen. I could even see a mod to save the cube. The premium buyers may be the lucky ones. I hope I am wrong. The bubble looks to be near. Tron has Jeff B....How much more would it really have cost?? Iron Man is lost..... I'll wait and hope I am wrong.

If I had $5,500 dollars and could buy a mint, pimped out IM right now, or get a paper route to make $1,500 in order to buy an Avengers I'd get the route. IM is fun, but its a cheaply made shallow game way overpriced at $5,500 for a nice Powdercoat and LEDs. The Stern LEs are all awesome in their own way. Tron LE, another basic game that's pretty sparse, is worth $11K to some but Avengers is overpriced at $7k? Uh-huh.

#114 11 years ago

If i collect all of these cups from 7-11 maybe i can build my own playfield?...

CEAE132A-B382-4C67-8561-2DD574CC7AD9.JPGCEAE132A-B382-4C67-8561-2DD574CC7AD9.JPG

#115 11 years ago

BTW, George and Lonnie, in the match sequence, if they're not already sitting around eating Shwarma..CHANGE it NOW.

#116 11 years ago

I played the pro at Gameworks last night. I don't like to bash Stern but the whole sound package is terrible. X-Men sound doesn't bother me. This was bad. Much worse than Indiana Jones and Dark knight, but at least they had movie quotes to go with them. I don't see how a game based on a movie can have no sound or video from the movie. Game play was pretty fun. I had very little time to play. It is hard to hear what is going on in Gameworks, so hopefully I missed stuff that will sound better. The Hulk talks a lot and sounds childish like it is from the Super Hero Squad Show. I am starting to regret my pre-order a little.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I played the pro at Gameworks last night. I don't like to bash Stern but the whole sound package is terrible.

Yes the sound on their games is almost always sub-par.Even the recording of Gomez describing the game is distorted.They basically recorded the promo video "too hot".
Gameplay don't look half bad though,will have to play it before grading it.I agree with others who say this should cost 4K.There 's no justification for the price tag,especially if you can't give us decent,circa 2013,sound package.Scott

#118 11 years ago

BTW, George and Lonnie, in the match sequence, if they're not already sitting around eating Shwarma..CHANGE it NOW.

Unless that's Wizard Mode... then we're cool.

#119 11 years ago

Looking forward to HULK arriving in the next 3 weeks. It will be placed beside XMEN LE. This seems 100k better. Not very impressed with XMEN. My TRON is more fun as well as IM, AvaterLE , TFLE, as much fun as XMEN.

#120 11 years ago

And one more thing i'm really dying to find out is that awesome build quality that WOZ is seemed to be made of. And no that isn't a sarcastic remark or sneer toward JJP.
I'm really curious, because everybody who saw it is raving about that, And i'm dying to make that assessment myself.
Because now it seems the difference between buildquality in JJP & Stern is like comparing diamonds to common glass. Or so many make it seem to be. And because of that my expectations are fairly high to say the least.

We all have different tastes on art and theme.
Play, we need to see, yet we all have different tastes in flow/action.
Personally, I love magnets, and for me, this makes Xmen excel.
But, within reason, we can all see build quality.
Having spent a couple hours inside WOZ, and diagnostic software, build, cabinet, etc. Indeed there is a substantial difference. How much this matters???
Dont know.

BTW, my business is Diamonds and Glass production, and fabrication in finished product.

#121 11 years ago

Can someone tell me about the music lenght from 0:04-0:20.Where can I get it from?

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

He is getting out of the hobby completely. Nothing to do with xmen really.

We've heard that before.

#123 11 years ago

Wow, i find it amazing that most of you guys can tell this game will suck or even play good. Really?

I'm not seeing many people say it will suck. I'm seeing a lot of people say "Glad I waited and didn't preorder!" That's very different.

The criticisms so far are the voices, the clip art package, and the toys.

I mean, Gomez is supposed to be a toy guy. That's his thing, and he loves reminding everyone of it when he speaks, is interviewed, etc. So in turn, we keep hoping to see toy designs that bowl us over the way the Glove/Matrix did when we first played it! The way we felt when Frank first came alive and Igor lowered him onto the playfield.

And we get the Tesseract (which was just released on the Transformers *Home Edition*), and a Hulk that is just sort of a predictable moving action figure, reminding me of the CP with less fluid movement.

The game could shoot like a dream, have wonderful feeling shots and kinetics, with an amazingly engaging ruleset. It could be the most addictive pin to play ever made! And I hope it is! Who knows?

We can only discuss what we see. And I see a phoned-in toy design in the center of the playfield that I just saw in the center of the home edition Transformers (not to mention TOTAN, and pins from the 70's). And I was let down seeing the Hulk in action.

Voices don't actually seem that bad to me, and the lighting looks good. But it's a Gomez game, and speaking for myself, I expected more from the toys...

#124 11 years ago

Mechslave totally agree with post. See my similar commentary in other thread....you stated it better.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-is-on-test-at-gameworks-video-pics/page/2#post-545327

#125 11 years ago

Looks fun to me.

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

No audio clips from the movie, which was a blockbuster hit? Why?
This is a huge letdown IMO. One of the things I love about IM is the movie cuts and actual callouts.. I couldn't imagine the same machine with voice actors.
And there's nothing better than getting used to a movie based pin and going back and watching the movie... and hearing exactly where all those voice callouts and clips came from! SM is another game I can think of like this.
Not really sure what to think about Avengers at this point, but it's not grabbing me at the moment.

Exactly why I love SM, IM, Tron. Awesome music, call outs, etc from the movie. Now Xmen was based off comics so I'm not comparing. Avengers based off movie and no call outs, music, voices, etc from the movie. Big let down.
Everyone wanted Stern to do a Star Wars pin with all 6 movies combined. Do you honestly think it would sell if they didn't license the music score? The whole point to buying a themed pin is to have what you love about the movies in a pin. TFs was a huge let down in that dept.
TFs had both movie and custom animation but the voice call outs were all over the place. Cut audio from the movie using Peter C., others from some voice actor, then you have Lonnie R. calling out Super Spinner and Super Pops through what sounded like his empty coffee mug. Totally unacceptable.

If S.R. does Star Trek I hope he does it justice and works his magic based on the movies, including call outs, score, etc.

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

then you have Lonnie R. calling out Super Spinner and Super Pops through what sounded like his empty coffee mug.

Some people dont know how true this is.....thanks for sharing :0 Knee slap.

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Some people dont know how true this is.....thanks for sharing :0 Knee slap.

Believe me, when I owned the game and put the power pack on that included that option, I was thinking about going back to the old code without it. That is how horrible I thought it sounded.

#129 11 years ago

Hey, it's a new pin and as long as they keep making them (stern & JJP) it's good for pinball as a whole.

Having said that, it looks kind of cheap in the vid. By cheap I mean low build quality.

Unless the camera is playing tricks, the playfield looks less than perfect - check out the pic...

IMG_0449.PNGIMG_0449.PNG

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Looks fun to me.

Agreed, looks fresh/fun. If I had unlimited space/money I'd totally get one.

But... I think the $7,000.00 price tag is why people are so negative. IMHO the Pro should RETAIL @ $3750, Premium $4,750 & LE $5,500. If that were the case a lot more would be on the bandwagon.

If we take money out of the equation the game looks dope.

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I played the pro at Gameworks last night. I don't like to bash Stern but the whole sound package is terrible. X-Men sound doesn't bother me. This was bad. Much worse than Indiana Jones and Dark knight, but at least they had movie quotes to go with them. I don't see how a game based on a movie can have no sound or video from the movie.

This is best point made in this thread... this half/half thing is the worst of both worlds. With the movie theme they were forced to use promo action shots instead of comic art, and then used "Marvel approved" actors instead of movie clips? Odd..

On the positive side the lighting is very well done, and kudos to them for the custom DMD animations.... even so-so custom images are better than movie clips.

#132 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

$3750, Premium $4,750 & LE $5,500

Nailed it. Sales would double or triple. Those are the perfect price points.

#133 11 years ago

I'd like them to implement sound bar technology, to have surround sound on pins. Seems so easy and inexpensive.

#134 11 years ago

looks great. glad i passed on xmen

#135 11 years ago

I want to play this thing in the wild before making any judgments. I like the looks of the layout, but I really need to play it to get a feel for the flow.

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Theme matters a lot to me.
I absolutely loved the Avengers movie...it is my favorite superhero movie ever.
I am incredibly disappointed that the pin does not have a single real quote or clip from the film. (Even Batman, which has a sound package I hate, still manages to throw in a real quote/clip or two).
This game was super-high on my list, now I'm just bummed.
Pete

I am feeling the same way Pete. Almost exactly. Actually strongly considering a TF LE combo instead and saving some $.

#137 11 years ago

I'd like them to implement sound bar technology, to have surround sound on pins. Seems so easy and inexpensive.

I thought we were going to see this with WOZ, but it never materialized. WOZ still has an amazing sound system, but simulated surround would have been even cooler.

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I am feeling the same way Pete. Almost exactly. Actually strongly considering a TF LE combo instead and saving some $.

You won't regret TFLE. Price is very fair and under value now, and it will regain some value with code update. It's a solid game with great sound, lights and challenges.

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Agreed, looks fresh/fun. If I had unlimited space/money I'd totally get one.
But... I think the $7,000.00 price tag is why people are so negative. IMHO the Pro should RETAIL @ $3750, Premium $4,750 & LE $5,500. If that were the case a lot more would be on the bandwagon.
If we take money out of the equation the game looks dope.

+1 exactly, but it wont happen, stern is there to make money.

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

+1 exactly, but it wont happen, stern is there to make money.

Well they're making $0 from me at current pricing, how is that profitable?

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Well they're making $0 from me at current pricing, how is that profitable?

They sold out of Hulks, even without you. They somehow managed to turn a profit without you. It was probably magic.

#142 11 years ago

Good sound gets lost in the wild. At home, yeah I can see desire for great sound but in a noisy bar/arcade or other location, it gets lost in the "mix" so to speak.

A headphone jack would be a better way to go.

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

They sold out of Hulks, even without you. They somehow managed to turn a profit without you. It was probably magic.

Cmon, that was funny!

#144 11 years ago

So confused am I?

IM and TRON were pins based on movies so they had voices and sounds from movies.

XM was comic based so custom music and voices.

Avengers is based on the movie, artwork from the movie.......but no sound/voices from the movie???

Some custom would be fine but NOTHING from the movie.......I don't get it!

#145 11 years ago

I already sent S.R. a message asking him to please do Star Trek (if the rumors hold true) the justice it deserves by using Score, Sounds, Voice Clips, etc. from the movie. (Crossing fingers)

I passed on Avengers. Glad I waited to see what was in the game or should I say what is missing from the game.

#146 11 years ago

For my part I will give chance to the game before to give my judgement,remember Spiderman,nobody said nothing abouth this game good or bad,the game was only very nice and cool,after the new software the same game was totaly changed,more scene from the movie,beter game play...we can say the samething with AC/DC,Transformer and X-men will be next with the new software as soon...Funny to say but Stern make better game when the software is done than the traditional "90" William's and Bally
I will go with the pro

#147 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I guess an established manufacturing company selling what 500pcs, half to NIB sandbagging distributors is a magical unheard of success according to you? Meanwhile the world saw 20,000 AF's... perhaps those were built & priced right?

#148 11 years ago

I'm glad I didn't buy all the games I don't like and didn't buy. I really like the games I own. Glad I bought them!! Clearly magic at work!

#149 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I guess an established manufacturing company selling what 500pcs, half to NIB sandbagging distributors is a magical unheard of success according to you? Meanwhile the world saw 20,000 AF's... perhaps those were built & priced right?

Or perhaps that was 20 years ago and there was a thriving arcade industry at the time? Not necessarily defending Stern's prices but I don't think this is a fair argument.

#150 11 years ago

Looks like a winner to me. And I applaud STERN for getting the video commentary for us to check out.....very respectable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-video-from-stern/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.