You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0449.PNG
CEAE132A-B382-4C67-8561-2DD574CC7AD9.JPG
amc-ultimate-marvel-marathon-image1.jpg
RMK1741SCS_Avengers_Wall_Decals_Produc.jpg

There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 11 years ago

I'm sure it will be a fun pin. But as everyone has said, $7k? Doesn't seem like it from first glance.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Im not seeing 6500-7000.00?? Maybe after playing?

agree

One thing that stands out to me as just being absolutely cheap is the spinning cube.. for a $7K game, they should have done something better than a riveted up flat plastic P.O.S. My humble opinion, of course.

#53 11 years ago

I love the GI and look of the game, other then the cube.

I hope hulk interacts more then limited, slightly confined, magnet area.

It does look like a good challenge.

Are they shipping soon for some player reviews?

#54 11 years ago

I bet within a month, someone will be selling a replacement cube that doesn't look so cheap. Gameplay didn't look too appealing to me, from the little clips posted so far. Of course I'd still love to try it.

I really hate how Hulk spazzes out in an epileptic seizure, looks really stupid.

#55 11 years ago

I'm scheduled for this year delivery, on HULK, #10 in line from what i understand....

Guess it ships SOON !

Looks very promising to me, and i'm thinkin there's alot more to it than just what little the vid had to offer...

I did notice the ramps do looks flow'y if you hit them good and solid...

Looks like it could be a very solid game so far.... at least i hope !

#56 11 years ago

EZ info
pkp: 4,518 Deltona, FL 6 1

I really hate how Hulk spazzes out in an epileptic seizure, looks really stupid.

He spazzes in the movie. looks like the movement is right on the money to me...

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I bet within a month, someone will be selling a replacement cube that doesn't look so cheap. Gameplay didn't look too appealing to me, from the little clips posted so far. Of course I'd still love to try it.

I agree. That cube is an after market dream waiting to happen.

#58 11 years ago

I could only make out one custom voice from the gameworks vid. "Last time Hulk in New York, Hulk break Harlem" was the line. Looking forward to owners getting some vids uploaded for a real sampling of voice work.

#59 11 years ago

I agree with you. For $7k I exspect more.

Quoted from dav8515:

I have a tough time seeing what u guys are seeing. The only positive i see is the hulk toy looks much better than the wolverine. The game looks boring and repetitive. Spining cube wow, looks cheap and flimsy, the ramps look blah and look like they take flow away from the game. What else is their. The dots look crappy and the artwork on the playfield looks like photoshopped and not appealing. To each their own.

#60 11 years ago

I think it looks awesome. But everyone has an agenda. If you held onto XM, you want XM to be better. If you held out for WOZ, you have your JJP jersey on. But I think this machine looks like it has features and shots unlike anything we have seen. That's a plus. Stern has upped their game, and that is good for everyone.

Anyone complaining about not liking the shots from a super edited promo video has already made up thier mind before even hitting play.

#61 11 years ago

Wow, I am so glad I didn't order this one. I'll look forward to playing it, same as any new pin, but it really looks terrible.

And the Tesseract? That thing is a phoned-in toy design if I've ever seen one. Gag! It just screams cheap. Hulk doesn't look as good in action as I'd imagined either. Drops don't seem enough to save this one.

We'll see how it plays, but from the video? Yuck

#62 11 years ago

Use the movie actor images on the cabinet and playfield, but use comic book images in the DMD? Too much miss mosh IMO and I bought a HULK LE.

I'm on the fence now more than ever.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think it looks awesome. But everyone has an agenda. If you held onto XM, you want XM to be better. If you held out for WOZ, you have your JJP jersey on. But I think this machine looks like it has features and shots unlike anything we have seen. That's a plus. Stern has upped their game, and that is good for everyone.

I agree that the game looks to play and flow nicely. Just hoping the voicework is good. I think the movie in the back of your mind could psychologically make the custom voices sound inferior. I'm certain that's why they went with the artistic renderings of the heroes instead of straight movie stills.

#64 11 years ago

The playfield lighting looks fantastic to me. Sorry that is all the positive I can come up with. Going to go do the happy dance that I passed and don't have to beg for a refund. I am sure it will be great for those that loved the theme or movie or love the color green. Nothing revolutionary and I look forward to there next game and all the new owners feedback. /danceofjoy

#65 11 years ago

Honestly, the voices can't be as bad as XM.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Stern has upped their game, and that is good for everyone.

If this is stern upping their game i am scared of the future of stern pinball, seems to me its the same quality 3 or 4 years ago at 3000 more per game.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

If this is stern upping their game i am scared of the future of stern pinball, seems to me its the same quality 3 or 4 years ago at 3000 more per game.

You can tell that from the video above? Ready to make a "quality" call already, huh? I call bullshit. Sorry. You can see the difference between this and XM vs. the low-rent crap coming out 4 years ago from Stern, and if you don't admit it, you have an agenda.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You can tell that from the video above? Ready to make a "quality" call already, huh? I call bullshit. Sorry. You can see the difference between this and XM vs. the low-rent crap coming out 4 years ago from Stern, and if you don't admit it, you have an agenda.

I have no agenda, if u mean can i see the difference between xmen and avengers and lets say csi, nba, and avatar of course i can. What i am saying this seems like the same quality as a their run of games before those at 3000 more per game. I play WOZ almost everyday and when i get home to my xmen i feel like i should just dump it. I like the game but the quality is not their for the price. If this was a 4500 game i would say great but its not, its over priced and lacks $7000 quality. I love how people are saying lets mod this cube. For 7000 a mod should be a personal choice not a necessity for this expensive game

#69 11 years ago

I actually like what I see so far. Looks to have good flow, mb rules, like the drop target and the hulk area. Going to go pay it tomorrow.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Quoted from gambit3113:

You can tell that from the video above? Ready to make a "quality" call already, huh? I call bullshit.

BS it is.

Just playin.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

BS it is.
Just playin.

Well, to be fair, XM is a quality, nice game. But the Storm voice is awful, the Magneto voice is silly, and Beast is.......

#72 11 years ago

Dear Stern, I'm liking the begining dots of the team and the movement on the DMD. I heard some cool sounds when the ball was in the right lane. Hope you can stack on this game. Once I'm satisfied with the code on X-men LE then I'll start wanting new pins again, but not before.
Gary Stern, you need to say to yourself every morning when you wake up, "What would Steve Jobs do." Get those codes complete and the people will buy pins again. I'm tired of hearing "three peg stool", "horse and buggy", and "garage door" analogies. I want to have a good feeling towards Avengers, but after the hold up on the X-Men LE code my eyes are blurry.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am in for a WOZ. But I don't think I have an agenda or a JJP jersey on. I could just speak for my self. I love playing good pinball machines and it's so unimportant for me which company built those games.
I hoped to like the Avengers, I think it's a great theme. But do you believe me that I have no agenda when I write here my honest opinion that nothing in this video hooked me to buy this game. That has absolute nothing to do with me getting a WOZ.
The game in this video and I don't know how it will play but it looks to me cheap.
I am no STERN hater. It's just an opinion. And from the videos I would prefer to play X-Men.

Do you have an agenda gambit? Is that why you bash something or praise the other? I just want to know because in that case I can't take your postings seriously in future.
Don't get me wrong this should not be an attack on you. It's just that I read this forum and I think it would be tedious if everybody here has an agenda.
I would like to see, that STERN and JJP outdo each other with everygame that is comming. But sry I can't see it in this video. Don't be mad at me, I just don't get why you all think it looks awesome. I think that cube is a joke, sry. All I can say so far is that noway I would trade my SM for the game I see in this video.
I am just not impressed.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

I have no agenda, if u mean can i see the difference between xmen and Avengers and lets say csi, nba, and Avatar of course i can. What i am saying this seems like the same quality as a their run of games before those at 3000 more per game. I play WOZ almost everyday and when i get home to my xmen i feel like i should just dump it. I like the game but the quality is not their for the price. If this was a 4500 game i would say great but its not, its over priced and lacks $7000 quality. I love how people are saying lets mod this cube. For 7000 a mod should be a personal choice not a necessity for this expensive game

You play the 25% complete code WOZ almost every day, and you want to dump XM? That just tells me that you want Stern to focus on build quality and don't care about ruleset, shots, etc.... You can't tell what WOZ is going to be yet, because the game isn't even there as of now. Sure, it will be well built - that is the sole thing we have heard so far. I can show you a HEP restored Shaq Attack, and it will be super high quality. But that doesn't say anything about the game itself. So what? For $8000, the trees on WOZ should have lighted apples. But they don't. Where's the line?

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Well, to be fair, XM is a quality, nice game. But the Storm voice is awful, the Magneto voice is silly, and Beast is.......

I agree. I do enjoy my Xmen but will acknowledge the voices and script need work.

#76 11 years ago

Looks pretty interesting..... can't wait to play it

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Would have been cool to hear some tracks from the game but at least we have a video now with some explanation

They've been releasing tracks on youtube for the past week or 2. Check out their youtube channel

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You play the 25% complete code WOZ almost every day, and you want to dump XM? That just tells me that you want Stern to focus on build quality and don't care about ruleset, shots, etc.... You can't tell what WOZ is going to be yet, because the game isn't even there as of now. Sure, it will be well built - that is the sole thing we have heard so far. I can show you a HEP restored Shaq Attack, and it will be super high quality. But that doesn't say anything about the game itself. So what? For $8000, the trees on WOZ should have lighted apples. But they don't. Where's the line?

First i do like jersey jack, and yes i play it with an incomplete code, 3 or 4 days a week i take my son or my nephews to iplay america. I stop and play the game, its right in front of me ( i have not bought one yet.) I also used to like stern. My first 5 games were stern. They have lost me. I will buy a Star Trek, bc i am a huge fan, but after that i am done with them. Every game i buy has incomplete code, defective opto-swiches, clear coating over a playfield with imperfections, and several other problems.. I cannot tell you what the finished product of WOZ will be like, but what i can tell u the quality is there. U put a stern le and a WOZ next to each other with same price tag and any person can tell which is a better quality machine. I enjoy x-men, i like the shots, but when i look at the quality for the price its no comparison. Stern needs to finish one game before they sell another. I mean for 7000 u think stern could maybe clear coat the side art so when i get it in my house it will be in decent shape without any marks or blemishes. And back to game play, i have enjoyed it on WOZ. I like the shots, some flaws need tweaking, but i am not giving my hard earned money anymore to someone who just takes it and doesn't put the type of quality a 7000 machine deserves. Plus i am tired of waiting 4 months after i get a game to see a finished code.

#79 11 years ago

I'm certain that's why they went with the artistic renderings of the heroes instead of straight movie stills.

Every piece of character art on this game is from the Disney/Marvel Avengers "Style Guide" for products. Just Google Avengers toys and products...you'll see these same exact images on them. There's no psychological reason for using these "artistic renderings" ...they were used because they were provided.

Here are some Avengers wall decals...look familiar?

RMK1741SCS_Avengers_Wall_Decals_Produc.jpgRMK1741SCS_Avengers_Wall_Decals_Produc.jpg

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every piece of character art on this game is from the Disney/Marvel Avengers "Style Guide" for products. Just Google Avengers toys and products...you'll see these same exact images on them. There's no psychological reason for using these "artistic renderings" ...they were used because they were provided.

Good post. That's a damn shame. For $7K some original art or better than style guide is warranted. Supports why the game was able to come out so quick. Artwork was done for them. Don't know if this was mandated by Marvel but seriously doubt it.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

First i do like jersey jack, and yes i play it with an incomplete code, 3 or 4 days a week i take my son or my nephews to iplay america. I stop and play the game, its right in front of me ( i have not bought one yet.) I also used to like stern. My first 5 games were stern. They have lost me. I will buy a Star Trek, bc i am a huge fan, but after that i am done with them. Every game i buy has incomplete code, defective opto-swiches, clear coating over a playfield with imperfections, and several other problems.. I cannot tell you what the finished product of WOZ will be like, but what i can tell u the quality is there. U put a stern le and a WOZ next to each other with same price tag and any person can tell which is a better quality machine. I enjoy x-men, i like the shots, but when i look at the quality for the price its no comparison. Stern needs to finish one game before they sell another. I mean for 7000 u think stern could maybe clear coat the side art so when i get it in my house it will be in decent shape without any marks or blemishes. And back to game play, i have enjoyed it on WOZ. I like the shots, some flaws need tweaking, but i am not giving my hard earned money anymore to someone who just takes it and doesn't put the type of quality a 7000 machine deserves. Plus i am tired of waiting 4 months after i get a game to see a finished code.

There are so many holes in this argument. But I shan't get any more involved. Quality to you is a well built cabinet and PF. Quality to me is a fun game that I can rely to play when I hit Start. I have luckily never had any issue with a Stern machine I have bought. I understand that others have, and that would clearly and understandably taint one's opinion. Se la vie.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

They've been releasing tracks on youtube for the past week or 2. Check out their youtube channel

Thanks for the tip. I should have said voice call outs instead of tracks, that's my big interest.

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Good post. That's a damn shame. For $7K some original art or better than style guide is warranted. Supports why the game was able to come out so quick. Artwork was done for them. Don't know if this was mandated by Marvel but seriously doubt it.

With themed machines these days, long gone are the days of artistic liberties. Every corporate behemoth parent company is going to protect their brand this way. XM, WOZ, Star Trek, WOZ, Hobbit, etc....they will all be using art that was pre-approved.

#84 11 years ago

Looks like a really fun game with 6 ball multi=wow

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Leave it up to you Greg to find that, lol

After seeing the video I am glad I didn't pre-order. I know it's hard to judge a game based on 2 videos but I actually watch a lot of videos of pinball gameplay when I am considering pickup up a game I never really played before and there are none around me on location to try out. While you don't get the full feeling of the game I still feel you can get a good idea of what it's like and what to expect. Hopefully I am wrong and maybe once I play Avengers I will think differently. Good thing is if I decide I want one the Premium will be there if the LE's are sold out.

#86 11 years ago

long gone are the days of artistic liberties

You're probably right. We could have ended up with....

amc-ultimate-marvel-marathon-image1.jpgamc-ultimate-marvel-marathon-image1.jpg

#87 11 years ago

After watching both videos a few times it looks like a cool pin. My problem is the pro's lighting is completely different from the LE. The LE does look cool. Does the LE have color changers in it?

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

With themed machines these days, long gone are the days of artistic liberties. Every corporate behemoth parent company is going to protect their brand this way. XM, WOZ, Star Trek, WOZ, Hobbit, etc....they will all be using art that was pre-approved.

Are you seriously saying original pinball art a la WOZ (and STTNG, and TAF, and a million other games), approved by the licensor, is the same thing as using clip art from a style guide?

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Are you seriously saying original pinball art a la WOZ (and STTNG, and TAF, and a million other games), approved by the licensor, is the same thing as using clip art from a style guide?

The images used on WOZ are the same thing. There aren't any hand drawn depictions of those characters. Those are well implemented photos, which would have been approved by Warner Brothers for use, that are laid into hand drawn elements surrounding them. STTNG and TAF are from an entirely different time. It's just the way that brand protection goes these days.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

As bad as XM? We'll see. But from the little bit from the gameworks cell phone video things don't look good.

Near the end, Hulk says in his hulk voice something like "Last time Hulk was in New York, Hulk break Harlem".

Hooray. Lets crib a mildly funny line from the movie, do it badly, and just make us miss having the actual actors doing the voices even more (forget it was Banner and not Hulk saying the line in the movie, that is mostly not the point...).

I hope there is not a lot of Avengers movie lines lifted, otherwise the voicework might end up more like a parody.

#91 11 years ago

Still with the split screen. Ugh.

#92 11 years ago

To be honest it looks cool, but I'm not liking the playfield. Looks very similar to a lot of other games on the market with nothing new, the LED's look cool and a bash toy has been done too many times before. I'm gonna pass on this one. Looks cool but for the $$ I'm gonna hunt down a classic title or 3 for the same $$.

#93 11 years ago

Impossible to me to judge how it feels from this video. Will have to play it again and again. All I can say is that LOTR and ACDC are still higher on my wishlist...

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I'm just happy they are doing a premium.

you talking about the price?

#95 11 years ago

Can't get a great feel for the game with these videos, but can't say I'm excited.

#96 11 years ago

I hate to say this, but to all the woz lovers on here. Have you actually played the game yet? That is all I will say. I am a player and have collected for over 12 years who cares what is on some stupid display. What is most important is what is on the table and not on some display. Just my opinion. I put a lot of play time in on woz anyone who wants my opinon pm me. Avengers will be fatser and flow for sure. Gomez vs balcer I am taking gomez anyday of the week

#97 11 years ago

I like the unique features. Overall I will need to play this title but more intersted now than I was at first screen shot.

6 ball. hulk toy. physical locks. ramps and diverters are just some of the things I like as of now.

#98 11 years ago

It's a stunning table. Tough to get a feel for the gameplay still, but I don't see anything bad sticking out from the video that would turn me away.

I don't think Marvel is going to give much leeway when it comes to art. Other licensors might, but Marvel is a comic and their artwork is everything. Without knowing the details behind the license, I don't think it's fair to criticize them for that. The theme is also based on the movie and not the interpretation of the Avengers from someone working at a pinball factory.

#99 11 years ago

The Avengers animated series had some really good voice work, and was actually a pretty good series. Only iconic voice work from the movie Jackson and Downey. Hulk's voice could be done well as it just needs to be deep, angry and caveman like. Jackman voice wasn't used for X-men and I thought the Wolverine voice was alright.

Took a gamble and bought a Xmen over Avengers even though I am a bigger Avengers fan because the X-men was based on the comics.

Initial thoughts-
Love drop targets in games.
Like the Hulk toy a lot.
Different type layout is good.
Art- Too bad they went the "Style Guide" could have been better.
Cap and Iron man- wish there was something cool representing them.
Cosmic Cube - Not a toy I wanted to see.
I like custom dots over movie cut scenes, but would like to see more. Didn't like the Thor scene, but the other ones looked okay.
No voices in the video, so hopefully they are an improvement over the X-men pin.
6 ball multiball is different.
Rules, call outs and how it plays is something I won't even guess on until I play it.

Hope it sells well.

#100 11 years ago

yep that cube scream ''mod me''. i can already see a lot of mods coming out for this cube.
not sure i like the way hulk moves, is it me or i saw the ball stuck behing the hulk drop targets.
don't like the voice of hulk.

happy i saw this, sorry but not a $7000 game, i bet the pro will be a lot faster, that moving ramps doesn't justify the price and drop targets are cool but it will also slow the game.

light show is cool on le but some leds on the pro will fix that.

right now its the pro for me and with the right mods at the right place it can be a great game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-video-from-stern/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.