IMG_2618.jpg
2013-02-10_10.50.04.jpg
2photo.JPG
1photo.JPG
avengphoto.JPG
sternphoto.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcfly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 11 years ago

getting hard to find this and its very good . so bump

1 week later
#55 11 years ago

anyone know what the blue target to the left of the hulk saucer eject does

#60 11 years ago

yeah shots to bw when the bridge is up is wierd . they do nothing i guess. i have a lot of zero's in my feature audits .

#61 11 years ago

ball seems to get stuck on thor drop targets a lot . is this just a levelling thing

#63 11 years ago

just put one side up a fraction and yep that fixed it . still have a few pop outs from hulk though. does the nail polish thing work?

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Mine gets stuck too. Sometimes slowly wiggles down the row. What rubber ring should I be looking for?
Thanks...again : )

Quoted from markmon:

Does your game have a rubber ring behind the drops? Some didn't. Make sure you have one.

There is a long black rubber in there yes. I think it was just a level thing . Such a hard game.

#73 11 years ago

Thanks eggbert , good to know.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I got to Attack the Helocarrier tonight and choked pretty quick, but I did get video of it. I also got Thor Vs Hulk mode taped and will post some video tomorrow when it's done uploading. My final score was 104 Mil with factory settings and post positions.
This game has such an adrenaline rush when playing, it kind of reminds me of Ironman.. lots of games with getting my ass kicked, with the occasional game where everything comes together and I complete most or all of the modes (Avengers).
I do have the Pro version, and played Eggbert's Hulk LE tonight, and I must say that both versions of this game are great!! I can honestly say that I'd be happy owning either one, as each has it's benefits and a slightly different feel. I feel that the Pro is a little faster, like AC/DC pro vs premium is, due to the stand-ups vs drops and the return to the right flipper is much faster than the diverter exchange on the LE. This is not a bash to either game, just an observation of differences... you may prefer one over the other, but they both feel great when playing. I personally don't care for the crossover ramp, however, I didn't like it in X-men and since I've put over 400 plays on my pro, I think I'm used to the open palyfield w/o the ramp and kind of partial to it now. I'm sure if I had purchased the LE, I'd feel the opposite though. I'd bet if Eggbert played my pro, he'd prefer his LE since he's used to it. Kind of like how I prefer my TRON LE over a Tron Pro. Again, both killer games!
One thing about this title, it has to be set up correctly, leveled, and the BW ramp should flow with minimal kick-backs (a problem on the early pros, I will be posting some info on this) in order to really get the intended experience of this game. When I set mine up quick and didn't do this, it played like crap. What a difference setting this game up makes! And I was getting about an 80% kickback rate on the Black widow ramp and fixing that made a world of difference to the fun factor.
I'll be posting a review and pics this weekend.
Eggbert and all, here's a pic of the piece before I installed it on my Pro. The ramp is a little different on the Premium, and I found that the pop-outs were not as prevalent on the Pro as they were on the premium in stock format. Call stern and get them to send you this to help fix the problem:

spoiler alert . i don't want to watch it but how do i stop myself

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What pitch did you guys set it at? Last I checked, I got mine at 6.7 and hitting BW all day. Been getting to her vs mode 1 in 5 games approximately.
I made two setting adjustments to make the game easier. Since I'm always lured to the BW shot, I set ironman on medium. Huge difference! The other setting is switching Loki mb from medium to hard. This allows more control of the inlane ball locks and gives me more time to assemble Avengers before starting Loki. I usually have 3-4 Avengers assembled now whereas before I'd only have 1 or 2 when I started Loki.
I really hope they don't feel the code is complete and revisit and dial it in more. The vs modes can get lame at times in its current state. Only 2 shots active at the MOST, sometimes only one shot. And when that one shot is active they're not utilizing the control gates or HE ramp properly. Also, tesserect mode seems to overpower important call outs - like "avengers assemble" or "vs mode" call outs. I know it sounds minor but it sucks when you have BW or IM lit as the only shot and HE keeps returning the ball to the right flipper.
On a side note; how are you guys at the hulk super JP? It's such a sweet super JP to nail, and for some reason I've been getting pretty good at it - hope I didn't just jinx myself lol

i still have mine at 3 ball and all hard . it seems like cheating if i change them but maybe i should . also the super jackpot hulk shot his arms block that so i've gotten it once , whats the trick to that?

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I got to Attack the Helocarrier tonight and choked pretty quick, but I did get video of it. I also got Thor Vs Hulk mode taped and will post some video tomorrow when it's done uploading. My final score was 104 Mil with factory settings and post positions.
This game has such an adrenaline rush when playing, it kind of reminds me of Ironman.. lots of games with getting my ass kicked, with the occasional game where everything comes together and I complete most or all of the modes (Avengers).
I do have the Pro version, and played Eggbert's Hulk LE tonight, and I must say that both versions of this game are great!! I can honestly say that I'd be happy owning either one, as each has it's benefits and a slightly different feel. I feel that the Pro is a little faster, like AC/DC pro vs premium is, due to the stand-ups vs drops and the return to the right flipper is much faster than the diverter exchange on the LE. This is not a bash to either game, just an observation of differences... you may prefer one over the other, but they both feel great when playing. I personally don't care for the crossover ramp, however, I didn't like it in X-men and since I've put over 400 plays on my pro, I think I'm used to the open palyfield w/o the ramp and kind of partial to it now. I'm sure if I had purchased the LE, I'd feel the opposite though. I'd bet if Eggbert played my pro, he'd prefer his LE since he's used to it. Kind of like how I prefer my TRON LE over a Tron Pro. Again, both killer games!
One thing about this title, it has to be set up correctly, leveled, and the BW ramp should flow with minimal kick-backs (a problem on the early pros, I will be posting some info on this) in order to really get the intended experience of this game. When I set mine up quick and didn't do this, it played like crap. What a difference setting this game up makes! And I was getting about an 80% kickback rate on the Black widow ramp and fixing that made a world of difference to the fun factor.
I'll be posting a review and pics this weekend.
Eggbert and all, here's a pic of the piece before I installed it on my Pro. The ramp is a little different on the Premium, and I found that the pop-outs were not as prevalent on the Pro as they were on the premium in stock format. Call stern and get them to send you this to help fix the problem:

Any vid yet

#112 11 years ago

Found the you tube and had to watch it after another member khabbi said it was a bit dissapointing and while i have not got close to it , it did sound pretty cool on the video and i was not dissapointed watching it . Now i cant wait to get to it . Didn't spoil anything , just made it more exciting.

#119 11 years ago

Thanks Khabbi for the video . Maybe they will add animation to it later , but the sound effects sounded different at least, and yes you did get a whipping there.

#120 11 years ago

eskaybee you were going to post the hulk rules , have you learnt them yet . i presume you mean the many different jackpots . I was wondering if Destruction jackpot and monster jackpot were random or in some kind of order. still cant work out why i get double jackpots .

1 week later
#135 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

OK, im reporting back on the BW ramp plastic protector removal that markmon suggested.
Started off awesome. I thought i had my ramp dialed in; but without the plastics the ball whizzes! But...and there's always a BUTT. I go for BW on missed HE ramp return shots and shots that come at the left flipper from CA. My very first missed HE ramp shot I hit BW CLEAN and the ball went flying into the side wood. A few more shots later i got one that flew into the helicarrier plastic.
Overall im not feeling the removal of the plastics...but here comes another BUTT...I put just the bridge plastic protector on and added 2 washers to each screw to raise it a little higher. I kept the BW protector off. So far so good, I only had one crisp hard shot and the protector kept the ball from flying and the shot made it all the way around. I havent hit a shot like i did in the first trial run from a missed HE ramp return, so im gonna play a few more games and try and make that shot and see if anything breaks
Thanks markmon for the idea!

Keen to find out about this. My bw plastic is broke so i only have the bridge plastic on and nearly everthing gets rejected.

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Do you have an LE or pro. On the Pro you can raise the plastic up more but on the LE you have to watch the plastic may hit the glass when the ramp lifts up.

Le . Once i get the replacement plastic for the spot above the entrance to bw , i should be right.

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

OK, here's what i got for Black Widow:
-No plastics (as markmon suggested) definately has the least amount of rejections and felt the best; but i had two wild shots where one hit the side wood (good thing i havent installed my mirror blades yet lol) and the other shot nailed the helicarrier plastic.
-One plastic on hulk bridge = a lot of rejects...similar to what mcfly said.
-The final one which is the one im sticking with for now is with Both plastics on, and raising them with 4 washers under each screw along with the factory spacer. This whips the ball around fast as if there was no plastic, yet the super hard shots that would normally fly off the ramp will either make it across slowly or get rejected.
-I did not try just one plastic on the ramp with no bridge. maybe should have tried this. perhaps another day.
Its rare, but once in awhile i'll get a crisp clean shot on bw and get rejected at the end of the bridge - kind of where its spaced out a bit. I heard someone put a washer on that side to fix it. Anyone get these or have an idea where to place the spacer?

Does the extra height on the plastic make it hit the glass when the bridge is raised . Did you test this ? Curious

#146 11 years ago

Ok , so is there any negative to changing coil pulse power to soft. Can you still get he ramp. Loki lock. Stupid question but does it hurt the machine to change factory coil settings. Its just that ive never done it

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Sorry to interrupt, did the latest update make any changes to the rules that were posted on page 1?

Unless someone proves me wrong , i dont think so. Not the fundementals

#151 11 years ago

Cool i,ll try it later tonight . Ps got the tesseract super last night . WoW
I was wondering when page 4 would start

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcfly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-v12-rudimentary-rules?tu=mcfly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.