IMG_2618.jpg
2013-02-10_10.50.04.jpg
2photo.JPG
1photo.JPG
avengphoto.JPG
sternphoto.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 11 years ago

Glad to hear everyone is struggling with this game, makes me feel better . It is the hardest game I have for certain.

I love that they gave the newbies something big (Hulk) to trigger easily, get the money shot, lots of excitement, but there is SOOO much game left to explore. Awesome stuff.

1 week later
#56 11 years ago

I was playing tonight and scored a "Hawkeye Trick Shot" but I have no idea what I did to get it. Anyone see it? Its the first I've seen it out of hundreds of games.

#85 11 years ago

I made the game easier, and then have been making the settings harder as I've gotten better at it. Reducing the outlanes probably made the biggest difference in my game.

I did change to 5 ball for a while, but now on 3 ball I can still have a good game. I've also started to develop some strategies (work on specific Avengers first, like Hawkeye and get CA started so every time the ball ends in the pops his mode is worked on), which helps with having a good game.

Depending on the shots, I've adjusted the difficulty settings for each one. For my skill level I think I've found a good balance.

#96 11 years ago

yeah I wondered as well why "factory" = "hard". Shouldn't "factory" be "medium" and let people toughen it up or make it easier?

We're adjusting parameters that they've allowed us to. It is their programming. So I don't considering it cheating.

The only thing about easing up on the difficulty is you aren't training for PAPA level tournament, but I don't think any of us that are doing that are.

1 week later
#126 11 years ago

the levelling on avengers has to be perfect. Otherwise it's missed shot city. My basement floor is uneven, so I've seen the game both ways.

#142 11 years ago

The one thing I noticed when testing the BW ramp by throwing balls at it with my hand is it actually takes very little power to get up and around the ramp. If I gently rolled the ball with some reasonable strength, it was very smooth. So it's almost for that tight shot, the flippers are too powerful for it and that is the source of the rejects.

I guess that all ties back to it hitting the plastic from too much power.

Anyhow, I don't have any suggestions, just some info.

1 month later
#154 11 years ago

I haven't lowered my coil strength. the BW bridge plastics raised made the difference I needed.

Are you saying they are shipping from the factory higher now? That is good.

1 week later
#158 11 years ago

I get very little rejects now with my game. It's a shame more people haven't given it a chance. It is a big license though, there will be many more movies with this same cast so I think the game will be relevant for a while and might find it's appreciation as time goes on.

#159 11 years ago

Wrote this in another thread but adding it to this one for future reference:

Here's the logic of the Hawkeye right-ramp diverter setting:

1) Normal - Hawkeye shots are sent over the hawkeye ramp to left flipper until Hawkeye mode is started. Then balls are sent to right flipper until Hawkeye mode is completed (collected) or Loki lock is lit and Loki takes the ball.

2) Override - The player can select to send the ball to left or right flipper by holding left/right flipper down while the ball goes up the hawkeye ramp, unless Loki is lit, then Loki lock takes the ball.

3) Competition - All balls sent up Hawkeye ramp get sent to left flipper, unless Loki lock is lit. This shuts down "Loki all day" exploit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-v12-rudimentary-rules?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.