IMG_2618.jpg
2013-02-10_10.50.04.jpg
2photo.JPG
1photo.JPG
avengphoto.JPG
sternphoto.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 years ago

So after you complete an Avenger....do you start qualifying them again when you hit their shot after that? Do you re-collect them if they have already been collected when other characters still haven't been collected?

Basically what I'm asking is do you play their modes over and over after beating them or would you first go through the mini wizard or wizard mode before re-qualifying them?

1 month later
#121 11 years ago

I hate to butt in any Avengers thread, but this one seems like the hot one and varying off topic a bit anyway.

I see people posting about small differences between Avengers pro and LE. I have to say I could not tell what the differences were (besides big feature difference) but I know there is something about it. I went to a tourney in Indy this weekend and Avengers pro was by far the fastest games going (fastest meaning short ball times). There had to be something wrong with that game, but I don't know what it was. Keep in mind it was pulled out of the box for the tourney. The highest game the whole day was 12,000,000. There would maybe be a person get Hulk multiball one out of 10 games. I never saw anyone lock enough balls for Loki multiball all day. The game played like it had a brick wall halfway up the playfield. All shots to the center ramp would spin the hell out of the spinner but then stop suddenly halfway up the ramp and roll back. Clean shots to Ironman would get part way up the lane and rattle and come back down. I actually looked to see if it had a post or something obstructing the lane the way it made the ball stop and rattle on a clean shot.

I'm not a good player, but all I could do was hit Hulk. I think I had 2 Captain America shots and 2 Hawkeye shots total in my 3 games played. I have played the LE a few times and almost always got Hulk multiball and a couple of Loki multiballs. I also never felt like it was a hard game after playing the LE...I just can't figure out what was wrong with that pro.

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Nope. On default settings, you only need to complete the Loki letters once to light all 3 locks. Replay is only 20M, which is very doable. Sounds more like it was steep AND they set everything to hard. If they opened the outlanes too, that would make it a damb hard game.
Play another one. Whatever they did to that one, they went too far.

I'm sure extra balls were turned off (it was a tourney). The game was just pulled out of the box and I don't think the outlanes were moved and it didn't seem steep. The outlanes and drains weren't the problem. The shots were just crazy to make. It was pretty much impossible to see if any of the settings were set to hard because shots were pretty much impossible to make (for me anyway). The only modes I saw started all day were a few Hulk multi-balls and even fewer Captain America modes...that was it. Like I said, 12 mill was the high with a top 10 ranked player that was familiar with the game playing at least a couple of games on it. Many of the other players were no slouches either. The default scores were untouched and seemed untouchable. It seemed a little whack, especially since I never got that impression from playing the LE at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-v12-rudimentary-rules?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.