IMG_2618.jpg
2013-02-10_10.50.04.jpg
2photo.JPG
1photo.JPG
avengphoto.JPG
sternphoto.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 11 years ago

Here's a photo of the spacers for the Avengers Pro, the short one is the factory one I had on my machine when it arrived (mine was from the first batch sent to the U.S. from Stern)... with a freshly waxed playfield, the ball would travel too fast up the ramp and the low spacer on the plastic was causing the ball to stop/lose momentum, to the point that I was getting about 80% of clean shots to the ramp rejected. This was super frustrating.

I replaced the short spacers with the taller spacers, and the problem is solved, for the most part... while I still get occasional rejects, the ramp flows 80% of the time, a huge improvement.

For those with Avenger Pro Machines, replace those short spacers of the game will not be very much fun, the ramp rejects will piss you off and ruin the game!! Initially I went to Home Depot and bought some round rubber spacers until I got these.. you will need longer screws also.

With looking at Eggbert's LE, the ramp plastic is a little higher than the Pro's and the ramp that flips backwards has a plastic that is even higher than the first clear plastic.. which IMO is the reason the LE ramp flows better than the Pro ramp out of the box.

I sent this info to Gomez, and he advised that all of the new Avenger Pro machines will have the correct spacers on them to correct this problem.

avengphoto.JPGavengphoto.JPG

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from screen:

I'd love some tips for less BW ramp rejects on my LE. I've already added a washer to even out the bridge transition but still get rejected > 50% of the time at 6.5°.

Wax your playfield with a good carnuba paste wax. After this is can make the shot also with a stopped ball backhand from the right flipper. Might have to regap your left flipper. See vids flipper rebuild guide for how to use the flipper gap tool.

#103 11 years ago

So on a side note, I finally got around to taking out the green filter on my hulk. Big difference and I really like it so far. Doesn't look so dim next to my other pins now.

#104 11 years ago

Can someone post a pic of where these spacers are supposed to go? I have no issues with the BW ramp on my pro, other than not being able to hit it well.

#105 11 years ago

Pro doesn't need spacers. The ramp is on piece

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I thought so too til I read khabbis post who owns a pro. The biggest problem pros have is the ramp entrance and the ball hitting the top plastic protector with high velocity shots.

#107 11 years ago

I'm curious if LE owners get bounce outs at the end of the bridge where there's a space between the end of the bridge and the next transitional part of it? I do - not often, but when it happens it sucks.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm curious if LE owners get bounce outs at the end of the bridge where there's a space between the end of the bridge and the next transitional part of it? I do - not often, but when it happens it sucks.

It should be fairly easy to stick something in that little gap with adhesive like a piece of lexan. It just has to be the same or less thickness as the ramp.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Oh yes it does! Look at the clear plastic that's screwed down to near the curve on a few inches in from the entry of the ramp.... the spacer goes in between the ramp and the clear plastic. The ball travels up the sharp entry angle at a high rate of speed and becomes airborne, and with the stock/short spacer the ball binds up and loses momentum. The bigger spacer give the ball more clearance and while it still loses some of its momentum, it usually has enough to complete the shot.

On the contrary, the clear plastics on the LE are two pieces, and the second piece is higher, so the fix is not needed on the LE- as far as I know.

Keep in mind that I talked to Gomez about this fix and he advised that all new pros will have it.

1photo.JPG1photo.JPG 2photo.JPG2photo.JPG

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I got to Attack the Helocarrier tonight and choked pretty quick, but I did get video of it. I also got Thor Vs Hulk mode taped and will post some video tomorrow when it's done uploading. My final score was 104 Mil with factory settings and post positions.
This game has such an adrenaline rush when playing, it kind of reminds me of Ironman.. lots of games with getting my ass kicked, with the occasional game where everything comes together and I complete most or all of the modes (Avengers).
I do have the Pro version, and played Eggbert's Hulk LE tonight, and I must say that both versions of this game are great!! I can honestly say that I'd be happy owning either one, as each has it's benefits and a slightly different feel. I feel that the Pro is a little faster, like AC/DC pro vs premium is, due to the stand-ups vs drops and the return to the right flipper is much faster than the diverter exchange on the LE. This is not a bash to either game, just an observation of differences... you may prefer one over the other, but they both feel great when playing. I personally don't care for the crossover ramp, however, I didn't like it in X-men and since I've put over 400 plays on my pro, I think I'm used to the open palyfield w/o the ramp and kind of partial to it now. I'm sure if I had purchased the LE, I'd feel the opposite though. I'd bet if Eggbert played my pro, he'd prefer his LE since he's used to it. Kind of like how I prefer my TRON LE over a Tron Pro. Again, both killer games!
One thing about this title, it has to be set up correctly, leveled, and the BW ramp should flow with minimal kick-backs (a problem on the early pros, I will be posting some info on this) in order to really get the intended experience of this game. When I set mine up quick and didn't do this, it played like crap. What a difference setting this game up makes! And I was getting about an 80% kickback rate on the Black widow ramp and fixing that made a world of difference to the fun factor.
I'll be posting a review and pics this weekend.
Eggbert and all, here's a pic of the piece before I installed it on my Pro. The ramp is a little different on the Premium, and I found that the pop-outs were not as prevalent on the Pro as they were on the premium in stock format. Call stern and get them to send you this to help fix the problem:

Any vid yet

#111 11 years ago

Added some spacers to the first BW ramp (LE) plastic and I'm definitely making more shots, not all of them but I'll take whatever I can get!

#112 11 years ago

Found the you tube and had to watch it after another member khabbi said it was a bit dissapointing and while i have not got close to it , it did sound pretty cool on the video and i was not dissapointed watching it . Now i cant wait to get to it . Didn't spoil anything , just made it more exciting.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Found the you tube and had to watch it after another member khabbi said it was a bit dissapointing and while i have not got close to it , it did sound pretty cool on the video and i was not dissapointed watching it . Now i cant wait to get to it . Didn't spoil anything , just made it more exciting.

Yeah I got my ass kicked on the Assault on the Helocarrier mode! LOL. But at least I got to it and managed to get video of it. Here's the vid:

#114 11 years ago

To start the assult was it a Loki lock shot to begin it?

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

To start the assult was it a Loki lock shot to begin it?

Yes. I've had the mode lit in previous games and had no idea on how to start it, but that's the shot that does it.

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Yeah I got my ass kicked on the Assault on the Helocarrier mode! LOL. But at least I got to it and managed to get video of it. Here's the vid:
» YouTube video

Nice vid khabbi. Pro looks sweet did it come with LEDs or did you add them?

#117 11 years ago

Looks like mine came from the factory with the wider spacers, I received machine several weeks ago direct from Stern. Sorry for the bad pic, too lazy to take the glass off.

2013-02-10_10.50.04.jpg2013-02-10_10.50.04.jpg

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice vid khabbi. Pro looks sweet did it come with LEDs or did you add them?

Thanks! I added all of the LED's, including the multi-color to the center Avenger inserts to match the flasher color that represents them. The game did have some red incandescent bulbs on the right side near the shooter lane and in a few other place though.

The LED's really make this game pop!

#119 11 years ago

Thanks Khabbi for the video . Maybe they will add animation to it later , but the sound effects sounded different at least, and yes you did get a whipping there.

#120 11 years ago

eskaybee you were going to post the hulk rules , have you learnt them yet . i presume you mean the many different jackpots . I was wondering if Destruction jackpot and monster jackpot were random or in some kind of order. still cant work out why i get double jackpots .

1 week later
#121 11 years ago

I hate to butt in any Avengers thread, but this one seems like the hot one and varying off topic a bit anyway.

I see people posting about small differences between Avengers pro and LE. I have to say I could not tell what the differences were (besides big feature difference) but I know there is something about it. I went to a tourney in Indy this weekend and Avengers pro was by far the fastest games going (fastest meaning short ball times). There had to be something wrong with that game, but I don't know what it was. Keep in mind it was pulled out of the box for the tourney. The highest game the whole day was 12,000,000. There would maybe be a person get Hulk multiball one out of 10 games. I never saw anyone lock enough balls for Loki multiball all day. The game played like it had a brick wall halfway up the playfield. All shots to the center ramp would spin the hell out of the spinner but then stop suddenly halfway up the ramp and roll back. Clean shots to Ironman would get part way up the lane and rattle and come back down. I actually looked to see if it had a post or something obstructing the lane the way it made the ball stop and rattle on a clean shot.

I'm not a good player, but all I could do was hit Hulk. I think I had 2 Captain America shots and 2 Hawkeye shots total in my 3 games played. I have played the LE a few times and almost always got Hulk multiball and a couple of Loki multiballs. I also never felt like it was a hard game after playing the LE...I just can't figure out what was wrong with that pro.

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

here would maybe be a person get Hulk multiball one out of 10 games. I never saw anyone lock enough balls for Loki multiball all day.

Sounds like they had the game on the default settings for the pro, which is probably all modes set to hard. I have mine on easy/medium on my LE, depending on the shot.

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

Sounds like they had the game on the default settings for the pro, which is probably all modes set to hard.

Nope. On default settings, you only need to complete the Loki letters once to light all 3 locks. Replay is only 20M, which is very doable. Sounds more like it was steep AND they set everything to hard. If they opened the outlanes too, that would make it a damb hard game.

Play another one. Whatever they did to that one, they went too far.

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The only bounce out I get is the Hulk saucer..

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Nope. On default settings, you only need to complete the Loki letters once to light all 3 locks. Replay is only 20M, which is very doable. Sounds more like it was steep AND they set everything to hard. If they opened the outlanes too, that would make it a damb hard game.
Play another one. Whatever they did to that one, they went too far.

I'm sure extra balls were turned off (it was a tourney). The game was just pulled out of the box and I don't think the outlanes were moved and it didn't seem steep. The outlanes and drains weren't the problem. The shots were just crazy to make. It was pretty much impossible to see if any of the settings were set to hard because shots were pretty much impossible to make (for me anyway). The only modes I saw started all day were a few Hulk multi-balls and even fewer Captain America modes...that was it. Like I said, 12 mill was the high with a top 10 ranked player that was familiar with the game playing at least a couple of games on it. Many of the other players were no slouches either. The default scores were untouched and seemed untouchable. It seemed a little whack, especially since I never got that impression from playing the LE at all.

#126 11 years ago

the levelling on avengers has to be perfect. Otherwise it's missed shot city. My basement floor is uneven, so I've seen the game both ways.

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks like mine came from the factory with the wider spacers, I received machine several weeks ago direct from Stern. Sorry for the bad pic, too lazy to take the glass off.

I took the plastics off entirely. With the spacers even really long, it still ramp rejected a little (like fell into the hulk hole without triggering black widow rather than came back down the ramp). But with the plastics off, the ball flies around that ramp like a mofo. A couple times it's gotten air born and flown off, but this happens less than the rejects happened with tall spacers. So in the end, it's a net win.

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I took the plastics off entirely.

Cool , plastics coming off!

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Cool , plastics coming off!

wouldnt it be more ideal to just raise them up with a few washers or spacer? I did to mine and it flies! but i do get a hang up once in a blue moon which i dont think is from the plastic...it whips up the bridge then hits that dead space where the bridge meets 2nd part of the ramp and then falls in the vuk. you get that too?

#130 11 years ago

Try taking it off and compare. It would have to be spaces up about 3/4" at least to compare. The plastic doesn't really seem helpful and it looks better off.

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Try taking it off and compare. It would have to be spaces up about 3/4" at least to compare. The plastic doesn't really seem helpful and it looks better off.

The airballs concern me though. I'll give it a shot though and report back.

#132 11 years ago

btw, since this is a rules thread. Not sure if this question was asked or answered previously. But, does anyone know the tesserect super jackpot shot? Its not very clear in the gameplay. One time i hit BW and got it. another time i think i got it from ironman. Did i read somewhere that when super jp is lit you have to hit all 6 avengers to collect?

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The airballs concern me though. I'll give it a shot though and report back.

They're not really air balls. It more falls into hulk area. But this happens less often than the rejects with plastic on and raised. Definitely try it and see. You can even backhand the ramp.

#134 11 years ago

OK, im reporting back on the BW ramp plastic protector removal that markmon suggested.

Started off awesome. I thought i had my ramp dialed in; but without the plastics the ball whizzes! But...and there's always a BUTT. I go for BW on missed HE ramp return shots and shots that come at the left flipper from CA. My very first missed HE ramp shot I hit BW CLEAN and the ball went flying into the side wood. A few more shots later i got one that flew into the helicarrier plastic.

Overall im not feeling the removal of the plastics...but here comes another BUTT...I put just the bridge plastic protector on and added 2 washers to each screw to raise it a little higher. I kept the BW protector off. So far so good, I only had one crisp hard shot and the protector kept the ball from flying and the shot made it all the way around. I havent hit a shot like i did in the first trial run from a missed HE ramp return, so im gonna play a few more games and try and make that shot and see if anything breaks

Thanks markmon for the idea!

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

OK, im reporting back on the BW ramp plastic protector removal that markmon suggested.
Started off awesome. I thought i had my ramp dialed in; but without the plastics the ball whizzes! But...and there's always a BUTT. I go for BW on missed HE ramp return shots and shots that come at the left flipper from CA. My very first missed HE ramp shot I hit BW CLEAN and the ball went flying into the side wood. A few more shots later i got one that flew into the helicarrier plastic.
Overall im not feeling the removal of the plastics...but here comes another BUTT...I put just the bridge plastic protector on and added 2 washers to each screw to raise it a little higher. I kept the BW protector off. So far so good, I only had one crisp hard shot and the protector kept the ball from flying and the shot made it all the way around. I havent hit a shot like i did in the first trial run from a missed HE ramp return, so im gonna play a few more games and try and make that shot and see if anything breaks
Thanks markmon for the idea!

Keen to find out about this. My bw plastic is broke so i only have the bridge plastic on and nearly everthing gets rejected.

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Keen to find out about this. My bw plastic is broke so i only have the bridge plastic on and nearly everthing gets rejected.

Do you have an LE or pro. On the Pro you can raise the plastic up more but on the LE you have to watch the plastic may hit the glass when the ramp lifts up.

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Do you have an LE or pro. On the Pro you can raise the plastic up more but on the LE you have to watch the plastic may hit the glass when the ramp lifts up.

Le . Once i get the replacement plastic for the spot above the entrance to bw , i should be right.

#138 11 years ago

OK, here's what i got for Black Widow:

-No plastics (as markmon suggested) definately has the least amount of rejections and felt the best; but i had two wild shots where one hit the side wood (good thing i havent installed my mirror blades yet lol) and the other shot nailed the helicarrier plastic.

-One plastic on hulk bridge = a lot of rejects...similar to what mcfly said.

-The final one which is the one im sticking with for now is with Both plastics on, and raising them with 4 washers under each screw along with the factory spacer. This whips the ball around fast as if there was no plastic, yet the super hard shots that would normally fly off the ramp will either make it across slowly or get rejected.

-I did not try just one plastic on the ramp with no bridge. maybe should have tried this. perhaps another day.

Its rare, but once in awhile i'll get a crisp clean shot on bw and get rejected at the end of the bridge - kind of where its spaced out a bit. I heard someone put a washer on that side to fix it. Anyone get these or have an idea where to place the spacer?

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the levelling on Avengers has to be perfect. Otherwise it's missed shot city. My basement floor is uneven, so I've seen the game both ways.

Better leveling seems to have helped my Hulk saucer bounce outs also...

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

OK, here's what i got for Black Widow:
-No plastics (as markmon suggested) definately has the least amount of rejections and felt the best; but i had two wild shots where one hit the side wood (good thing i havent installed my mirror blades yet lol) and the other shot nailed the helicarrier plastic.
-One plastic on hulk bridge = a lot of rejects...similar to what mcfly said.
-The final one which is the one im sticking with for now is with Both plastics on, and raising them with 4 washers under each screw along with the factory spacer. This whips the ball around fast as if there was no plastic, yet the super hard shots that would normally fly off the ramp will either make it across slowly or get rejected.
-I did not try just one plastic on the ramp with no bridge. maybe should have tried this. perhaps another day.
Its rare, but once in awhile i'll get a crisp clean shot on bw and get rejected at the end of the bridge - kind of where its spaced out a bit. I heard someone put a washer on that side to fix it. Anyone get these or have an idea where to place the spacer?

Does the extra height on the plastic make it hit the glass when the bridge is raised . Did you test this ? Curious

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Does the extra height on the plastic make it hit the glass when the bridge is raised . Did you test this ? Curious

I got hulk mb a few times and didn't notice it. I'll look for it next time I play.

#142 11 years ago

The one thing I noticed when testing the BW ramp by throwing balls at it with my hand is it actually takes very little power to get up and around the ramp. If I gently rolled the ball with some reasonable strength, it was very smooth. So it's almost for that tight shot, the flippers are too powerful for it and that is the source of the rejects.

I guess that all ties back to it hitting the plastic from too much power.

Anyhow, I don't have any suggestions, just some info.

#143 11 years ago

Don't know if I missed this in an earlier post but there is a Captain America skill shot also. If you short plunge it & hit him right away his Bonus starts at 500,000..

#144 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The one thing I noticed when testing the BW ramp by throwing balls at it with my hand is it actually takes very little power to get up and around the ramp. If I gently rolled the ball with some reasonable strength, it was very smooth. So it's almost for that tight shot, the flippers are too powerful for it and that is the source of the rejects.
I guess that all ties back to it hitting the plastic from too much power.
Anyhow, I don't have any suggestions, just some info.

Great post! I just changed my coil pulse power in the adjustments menu from medium (factory) to soft and made a huge difference. That coupled with the raised plastics = I was nailing BW much better. Even got to AotHC and got to do BW vs hulk.

#145 11 years ago

I also recommend setting the coil pulse power to soft, especially if you are having airballs off of the Hulk drop targets.

#146 11 years ago

Ok , so is there any negative to changing coil pulse power to soft. Can you still get he ramp. Loki lock. Stupid question but does it hurt the machine to change factory coil settings. Its just that ive never done it

#147 11 years ago

Sorry to interrupt, did the latest update make any changes to the rules that were posted on page 1?

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Sorry to interrupt, did the latest update make any changes to the rules that were posted on page 1?

Unless someone proves me wrong , i dont think so. Not the fundementals

#149 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Unless someone proves me wrong , i dont think so.

Thanks!

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Ok , so is there any negative to changing coil pulse power to soft. Can you still get he ramp. Loki lock. Stupid question but does it hurt the machine to change factory coil settings. Its just that ive never done it

It just mildly reduces the power. Mine was getting a lot of airballs off the targets so I decided to try it out, and overall I feel that I have better control with about 70 to 90 % less airballs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-v12-rudimentary-rules/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.