• Latest reply 11 years ago by coasterguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

avengers_side.JPG
avengersbuttons.JPG
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

does this solve the problem of the ball disappearing behind Hulk ...down into basement where the wiring is? has happened multiple times. we can't figure it out. suddenly it just vanishes up there and we pull the board, and well, there it is. odd.

#102 11 years ago

I absolutely agree. AC/DC and Avengers Le being tops right now.

#103 11 years ago

Coaster guy, how come you hate avengers?

#104 11 years ago

I dunno.... Wait. Ok I'll shut it sorry.
Now I know how Mccune feels.

#105 11 years ago

I really want to try an le now. I don't get it cause I really didn't like the test game at game works. But with everyone loving the le, i really want to try the le now.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It seems the b/w ramp is even harder than usual when the game is really pitched. I backed mine down a little. But what is everyone finding?

Wax your playfields. I was struggling with this ramp and the rejects. After waxing the playfield, the ball flies around that ramp. I can even backhand the ramp from the right flipper with the ball stopped now. I also regapped the flippers. Stern did a poor job on my flipper gaps. Thanks to the flipper gap tool that helped my right flipper a bit.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Did they remove the 6 ball multiball on v1.2? My hulk mb is only 4 balls consistently and the other two just sit in the trough. Loki mb is 3 ball. Where is the 6 ball?

So no one can answer this? No one on this whole thread has v1.2 and has started hulk multiball?

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So no one can answer this? No one on this whole thread has v1.2 and has started hulk multiball?

I will have to try it with the glass off to count them. It is too hard to count the balls with them flying around all over the place in this game. None ever stay in the top of the playfield for very long.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It should be 6 ball still.

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

It should be 6 ball still.

It should be or it is? I can't imagine what problem could cause the game to only eject 4 balls in a 6 ball mb with no other symptoms. The ball trough test shows all switches working.

#111 11 years ago

Edit, analyzed the rules and posted them here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-v12-rudimentary-rules

After playing some more it's definitely 4 ball. You can verify like this:
- lock two balls in Loki lock
- start hulk mb
- notice the Loki lock balls remain. If it were 6 balls it would have to release them

Loki lock isn't required. It just makes it easier to see what's going on.

I wish it were clearer what the rules are. I shoot some hero and see like "3 more hits" on the screen. Shooting them 3 more times seems to start some mode. But that doesn't seem to be enough to light the character flashing (collected). Also it's awesome how there are two ball multiball character battles but I haven't any idea how those start or if they are totally random.

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Wax your playfields. I was struggling with this ramp and the rejects. After waxing the playfield, the ball flies around that ramp. I can even backhand the ramp from the right flipper with the ball stopped now. I also regapped the flippers. Stern did a poor job on my flipper gaps. Thanks to the flipper gap tool that helped my right flipper a bit.

I have this sense that my flippers are a hair lower in their angle than the should be, is this what you mean? How do you adjust this?

#113 11 years ago

I have this sense that my flippers are a hair lower in their angle than the should be, is this what you mean? How do you adjust this?

Two different issues. Markmon is talking about the amount of space between the flipper bushing and the pawl. If it's too tight, it can cause resistance and weaken the flippers.

Put a straight edge on your inlane guide, extending down the flipper bat. It should be a smooth transition. To change the flipper angle, you have to loosen the pawl, move the flipper bat, and tighten the pawl back up. While doing this, you need to keep what Markmon says in mind or you'll likely end up with improper gaps.

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I've tried to find the fabled flipper gap tool but its more elusive than bigfoot...

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I've tried to find the fabled flipper gap tool but its more elusive than bigfoot...

It's just this isn't it?

http://www.dmspinballs.com/flipper.html

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It should be or it is? I can't imagine what problem could cause the game to only eject 4 balls in a 6 ball mb with no other symptoms. The ball trough test shows all switches working.

I counted 5 balls. once and 4 balls the second time. Guessing the 5 ball came from the add a ball on the shield target. But, was a bit distracted. I think its likely an oversight that will be corrected.

#117 11 years ago

I would definitely like to see the shield award animation stay on the screen longer. It is hard to know what you were awarded when you are busy trying to trap the ball. It does not help that I put the green flipper rubber on my game which makes it extremely hard to get the ball to die on the flipper. I think I am going to go back to black rubber

#118 11 years ago

Yeah, that's what we're talking about. I usually just eyeball them, though. Basically, don't push the pawl all the way up against the bottom of the flipper bushing.

#119 11 years ago

I think that is the site where I bought one. It arrived in the mail within a week.

#121 11 years ago

I still dont get what it does : (

#126 11 years ago

Got it!! When I changed my Tron flippers I dont recall that bushing? The metal just went down in to the playfield to the piece I tightened. Will have to look again.

Thanks

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Two different issues. Markmon is talking about the amount of space between the flipper bushing and the pawl. If it's too tight, it can cause resistance and weaken the flippers.
Put a straight edge on your inlane guide, extending down the flipper bat. It should be a smooth transition. To change the flipper angle, you have to loosen the pawl, move the flipper bat, and tighten the pawl back up. While doing this, you need to keep what Markmon says in mind or you'll likely end up with improper gaps.

Thanks Herg!

#128 11 years ago

I am getting a lot of stuck balls behind or under Hulk's arms and wait until the ball search kicks in to let it release. This happens fairly often.

Also got balls stuck on the Black Widow ramp at the right most side of the Hulk lifting ramp. A ball search did not free it as it was just to the right enough so the lifting ramp does not touch the ball. Will need to look into this to see if everything is lined up right.

Have had the ball get stuck above a dropped Thor target as well. Guess Hulk is correct in "all he gets is tilt".

Otherwise a great game, but the stuck balls is killing it for me.

#129 11 years ago

It seems the b/w ramp is even harder than usual when the game is really pitched. I backed mine down a little. But what is everyone finding?

set your coil pulse to hard, and pitch it back up...

#130 11 years ago

I've played a few dozen games. Had the ball stuck behind hulk only once for about 5 seconds before he started flailing. The black widow ramp is a difficult shot but I made it more than I thought I would. The tesseract rocks IMO. Great/brutal game overall. I am going to find somewhere to put Loki. That's the only real complaint I have.

#131 11 years ago

Mine has gotten stuck under his arm maybe 4 times since day one but search always releases it before I get upset.

#132 11 years ago

I switched back to black flipper rubbers today. I was using the green flipper rubbers and they were just too bouncy and required me to spend too much time trapping the ball and less time lining up shots. I was being forced to flail way too often and the shots in this game are too narrow to get away with much flailing.

With the black stock rubber back on the game I promptly reached the Helicarrier mode for the first time in a 3-ball game (89 million).

#133 11 years ago

Man I have to practice. You guys are killing me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-v12-is-live/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.