(Topic ID: 142545)

Tesseract cube rerun and redesigned Avenger pops.

By HOOKED

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1402_(resized).JPG
    IMG_20160610_214754_1_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160610_214754_1_(resized).jpg
    IMG20160408162114-2_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160324_145303_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160131_193251_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160131_193232_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    AV_pops.jpg
    20151028_183716_resized.jpg
    20151028_183807_resized.jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p91/Avengers_Tesseract_cube_and_Pop_cap_combo.html

New combo pack added to site 5-15-16

Old thread starts here.....

Just a quick note that we will be running the Tesseract replacement cube again (Dec) with availability of cube only or with bracket and spot light.
    The cube has been redesigned based attempting to duplicate this reaction.

The pop bumpers have been redesigned to a single piece version of the star shield we ran before (Nov).
    I will be posting pictures of the shields here in a few weeks and another vid of the redesigned cube within a week.
    Thanks for your support!

Robert
    Hookedonpinball.com

Update 7-4 installed shots of the new cube.
    The lighting now comes with true 555 sockets so that lighting can be changed to match the owners imagination.
    The factory kit comes with blue light for the main lighting and purple that reacts with the blue and red during flash mode.

If you really want a unique look change the purple to red...this creates an almost black cube with red swirl.
    Like I mentioned light combs are limitless.

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p61/Avengers_Tesseract_Cube_Mod_Back_in_stock_2.0v.html

IMG_20160610_214754_1_(resized).jpgIMG_20160610_214754_1_(resized).jpg

IMG_1402_(resized).JPGIMG_1402_(resized).JPG

#2 8 years ago

Res. for Pop pictures

AV_pops.jpgAV_pops.jpg

#3 8 years ago

I have the test cube but I think the resin will not stand up ...exploring another version.
    If they cant take a air ball I cant make them.

Here is the test unit in resin...which will fail. Needs to be stronger like my first run but looks cool.

20151028_183807_resized.jpg20151028_183807_resized.jpg

20151028_183716_resized.jpg20151028_183716_resized.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Looks very cool

#5 8 years ago

Want....

2 weeks later
    1 week later
    #7 8 years ago

brothers , try another cube . the mine broke and do not think in most anywhere. so what comes in your , unique . really wanted to like this up . most do not think . Can anyone help me?

#8 8 years ago

My original cube broke but was replaced without hassle. I would be interested in the new one and have old as a backup. Any chance of just selling the cube? Unless the lighting is different..

#9 8 years ago

Just to be clear none of my cubes have broken. There were two designs...mine which was a solid light blue and PBrefinery which was a clear resin with sparkles. The resin version with sparkles is prone to chips and breaking. If any of mine have broken I am un aware of it.

#10 8 years ago

Looking forward to buying your cube when available Hooked

#11 8 years ago

Thanks Grinder. To get the look I wanted I have a resin core with an acrylic outer. They are trying to dial it in now. Pops will be to me in a week.

#12 8 years ago

I'm sure it'll not only be great looking but also durable like all your mods.

#13 8 years ago

I'll be very interested in seeing this. I had the sparkled one, and it did break. Looking forward to your design. Thanks.

#14 8 years ago

I am also interested in your Tesseract mod, Hooked. I have the other one, which could not take an airball, and is super glued back together for now. Durability is definitely important! Best wishes for success!

Dave

1 month later
    #15 8 years ago

Any update on this Hooked?

My Tesseract has met its demise.

rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Any update on this Hooked?
    My Tesseract has met its demise.
    rd

When I put on the tesseract cube I reinforced the bottom with hot glue and never had an issue, I don't think the new owner had it break on him either.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

When I put on the tesseract cube I reinforced the bottom with hot glue and never had an issue, I don't think the new owner had it break on him either.

My cube flew off a few weeks ago, I glued it with industrial engineering super glue and it lasted about a week I guess. Maybe 20-25 games. I guess the inertia of the large cube spinning on a relatively small contact spot is a little more than it can take.

I lubed my shaft (heh heh) with silicone so the cube spins crazy fast!

rd

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

My cube flew off a few weeks ago, I glued it with industrial engineering super glue and it lasted about a week I guess. Maybe 20-25 games. I guess the inertia of the large cube spinning on a relatively small contact spot is a little more than it can take.
    I lubed my shaft (heh heh) with silicone so the cube spins crazy fast!
    rd

I've found super glue reacts with the plastic and almost makes it more brittle, hot glue or nothing for me......

Edit-----but whatever, the stock cube looks lame anyway, the flashing cube mod is pretty sweet

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I've found super glue reacts with the plastic and almost makes it more brittle, hot glue or nothing for me......
    Edit-----but whatever, the stock cube looks lame anyway, the flashing cube mod is pretty sweet

Agreed!

rd

#20 8 years ago

Replacement cubes are coming but we are refining it.
    I currently on sample 5 others were ok just not what I want.
    It will happen...there are enough broken aftermarket cubes and stock cubes out there to have a demand.

If sample 5 is perfect- they will be a April launch at this point.

#21 8 years ago

Hey, what the hell are those metal washers doing under the sling plastics? Clear washers are what the cool kids are using these days.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

Replacement cubes are coming but we are refining it.
    I currently on sample 5 others were ok just not what I want.
    It will happen...there are enough broken aftermarket cubes and stock cubes out there to have a demand.
    If sample 5 is perfect- they will be a April launch at this point.

Just gotta hope mine last till April. I sold my spare to another pinsider whose cube had broken so he'd have one

#23 8 years ago

I'll definitely order one for backup.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Hey, what the hell are those metal washers doing under the sling plastics? Clear washers are what the cool kids are using these days.

Thats how it came from the factory! Ghetto styles!

rd

#25 8 years ago

The main question. Will it fit the avengers the pin?

2 weeks later
    #26 8 years ago

Few test shots for the fun of it, testing colors still.
    Fine line between clear and too clear...more testing to come.

IMG_20160131_193232_(resized).jpgIMG_20160131_193232_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160131_193251_(resized).jpgIMG_20160131_193251_(resized).jpg

#27 8 years ago

Looking good!

#28 8 years ago

Exciting.

#29 8 years ago

interesting thing is the red does not show till light is passed through.
    Anyway still testing ...top cube was not polished yet just a rough cube color test.

3 weeks later
    #30 8 years ago

Any new updates....very curious,

#31 8 years ago

Paid for just waiting. The color pattern will be similar yet unique to each cube. If anyone wants just a cube that will be offered as well. You can reuse your stock bracket or those with broken cubes (non hooked on pinball cubes) you can swap out.

#32 8 years ago

I'm curious of the cube and lighting... Will wait for final pics, but most likely in for one.

#33 8 years ago

Lighting will be the same as my last tesseract two colors...one with insert one with flasher.

#34 8 years ago

Im all ears on availability.... =D

2 weeks later
    #35 8 years ago

The test cubes were blue on the outside....this one blue throughout like the last lighting shots.
    Getting close to production.

IMG_20160324_145303_(resized).jpgIMG_20160324_145303_(resized).jpg

#36 8 years ago

Sweet!

#37 8 years ago

Hi Robert . How's the weight of these new cubes compared to the original Pinball Refinery modded ones . I have one of Gio's earlier ones and it does weigh slightly more than the stock factory cube and does affect the spinning action slightly .

#38 8 years ago

I can weigh one today (proto).
    My original (solid blue) and Gios (Clear with glitter) both were solid no way around them being heavier.
    Balance and a low center of gravity is key when mounting. I never played a game with Gios so its hard to comment on that.

#39 8 years ago

That looks cool! Nice job!

#40 8 years ago

Cube is 3.58oz without bracket. Stay tuned....

#41 7 years ago

Looking good. NT

1 week later
    #42 7 years ago

Update

IMG20160408162114-2_(resized).jpgIMG20160408162114-2_(resized).jpg

#43 7 years ago

Can I choose which one id like?

#44 7 years ago

That would be like picking a marble ...way too complicated.
    Still about a month out IMO ...taking forever...but like the barn worth it in the end.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

That would be like picking a marble ...way too complicated.
    Still about a month out IMO ...taking forever...but like the barn worth it in the end.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text, lol

But I like your analogy

#46 7 years ago

You would be amazed at some of the requests I get...I.have learned not to dismiss any requests lol.

#47 7 years ago

Looking great! I may have to get one of these to replace my refinery version!

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

Looking great! I may have to get one of these to replace my refinery version!

These will be offered install ready and do it yourself cube only. The do it yourself is what you would want if replacing a broken cube from other vendors.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

These will be offered install ready and do it yourself cube only. The do it yourself is what you would want if replacing a broken cube from other vendors.

When you say "cube only" Robert , will it come with the metal bracket attached ?

Nothing wrong with the cube in my machine now and the screws holding the bracket to the cube are loctited in . Would love to get one of these as a possible replacement . They look so damn good !!

#50 7 years ago

Some guys want just the cube. Others will need full kit and both will be offered.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-tesseract-replacement-and-pop-bumper-caps-gen-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.