Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Just passing this along to anyone having cube issues (not spinning fast enough).
Little background: When watching vids I noted how slow some of the cubes are to respond especially with the added weight of a mod cube .
I received my Pro and it had a mod'd Tesseract on it (not mine) and it was horrible. Clunky -squeaky and just not fun to hit or watch. Test spinning it I noticed it was off center and the top point spun more like an egg....that must be the issue right?

So I took it off added mine and it was a little better, spun true, but not great speed and that pesky squeak didn't go away. After eyeballing it a few times I took out the unit lubed the shaft with 1 lube and from that point I could see the issue.

On two Avengers pins one LE and one Pro I have found that the metal disc that the opto reads sits too high on the shaft causing it to rub the opto or in this case squeak from contact. If the cube is off center it will cause a slight wobble which makes the slow spin or noise even worse.

With a quick turn of the allen wrench I dropped the metal disc on the shaft to be centered in the U shape opto.
Now with the extra clearance and a quick tweak to the Tesseract bracket, it spins like a top. There is a height adjuster screw on the bracket and I lubed that area with the 1 lube also.

The Tesseract is now my second favorite shot on Avengers - second only to the Black widow shot.

Really love this game in Pro form.

Robert
Hooked on Pinball.

#2 5 years ago

Thanks for the tip Robert...

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Really love this game in Pro form.
Robert
Hooked on Pinball.

Robert, I would have to agreed.

My buddy owns a Avengers Pro and it is a dream to play. His stock Tesseract has good action, maybe not
pinwheel-in-a-hurricane fast but nothing to complain about. Played another Avengers Pro at an event this weekend and no matter how hard you hit it I never saw it make a complete 360 rotation . . . that was just sad.

A flip from the right flipper backhanded up the Black Widow ramp is a very sweet shot when completed. Plus the ramp opening is very tight . . . some of the other new game ramp openings seem HUGE compared to this. . . and to complete the mode you have to hit that shot 10 times . . . one word describes this mode . . . challenging.

Play on an Avengers Pro is right up there with Lord of the Rings.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Agtoftne:

Play on an Avengers Pro is right up there with Lord of the Rings.

You can't be serious...

#5 5 years ago

You're right . . . I'm not serious . . . those were just extra keystrokes I had left over from my post.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You can't be serious...

I bet my AV pro stays longer than my LOTR did...its just more "fun".

#7 5 years ago

I love AV. That is all.

#8 5 years ago

I picked up an AV pro a couple weeks ago. Added the cube mod and a few LEDs. It's a fun tough pin. I don't know why it gets so much bad press.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You can't be serious...

Just gotta understand. Different strokes for different blokes.

I myself think LOTR is boring. I've walked away from it many of times leaving credits on the machine.

I love AV Pro and TFLE so my opinion on machines is probably not the best.

#10 5 years ago

why is the pro avengers more fun than the LE ? just curious . Is it down to the bridge lifting? what about all the colour changing on the LE

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

why is the pro Avengers more fun than the LE ? just curious . Is it down to the bridge lifting? what about all the colour changing on the LE

I don't see anyone saying the Pro is more fun than the LE.

I find the pro to be the best value for the $$$ on this title which is gradually changing as the LE's decrease in cost but I would still admit the LE is the better game. The cross over ramp can be helpful and the color changing GI is nice. I don't care for the Hulk ramp lifting though. Cool animation but I like to be able to shoot that ramp during MB. With that in mind I still feel the LE is better but I went with the pro for cost reasons. I'm out of the LE club unless their are some major differences as I just don't see the value anymore in them.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

why is the pro Avengers more fun than the LE ? just curious . Is it down to the bridge lifting? what about all the colour changing on the LE

Different topic but I will answer that having owned and sold Hulk and now building Mini Hulk.

Color changing GI - ah never noticed really.
Moving Bridge - ball trap left side at target and the Pro is open there meaning less ball searches. I was able to weak my bridge to have less ball traps a the seams of the bridge but still not perfect.
Cross ramp - blocks Thor targets harder to play targets. When hitting the "T" or "H" ball trap at times but line of vision much better on Pro.

With the pro I have reached all of the avengers in one game and played Hulk vs Thor - BW-vs Hawk - and I believe IM vs Hulk could have been Hulk vs BW cant remember.

I bought the Hulk for looks on a pre buy....I bought the Pro knowing the base package and issues were well worth it for a Pro version. I would rate the Pro a solid 8 at this point and the LE 7. The game layout is different from all of my other machines and it draws me in - more so than even my newer STLE.

#13 5 years ago

AV is such a sleeper. Sooooooooo great yet so much hate. It's good though, because we never have to take seriously anything an AV hater says, because they're obviously a few French fries short of a happy meal.

Btw, My Tesseract has spun like a top from day one. I've had plenty if other issues though. Which ultimately means the game is that great. Even with all the issues. One of my alltime faves.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hamden, CT
Trade
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chicago, IL
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 399.95
$ 50.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 224.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside