• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
TROLLING.jpg
#2 11 years ago

Awesome review- It is a great game. Only problem as stated..."the ramps built from three plastic pieces at this point...the overall feel is flimsier than a solid one peice-construction." This is right on. Also did you notice huge dimples all over new playfeild in picture?-I did One more thing -at end..."the version of software we reviewed here was incomplete..." was this review performed with version 4.1? If not-it may bump up rating even more? Love mine instead of 80%-I give it a 89.7%(;

#3 11 years ago

Great review, sums up that the game is very fun to play but has some form over function oversights. Considering you get more flash with the LE this is a strong review for the Pro. Gomez knocked it out of the park on this one.

#4 11 years ago

Standard solid review by PBN. They do great work. Also its a great summary of the rules. Too bad there is no review for Xmen, but who can blame them with its current unfinished 7+ month old state.

I had to bitch about Xmen in my post that gave me 10000 karma points!

#5 11 years ago

Sorry double post-meant version 1.4 in previous post

#6 11 years ago

I am no longer a Señor Pinhead. I am now an Addict. Not that I did not already know that...

#7 11 years ago

Nice review. A few things in there I didn't know about. Like using the blue targets to increase tesserect spin values. I always thought those were useless targets. Will be nice to see a cosmic jackpot GC initials in a future update.

#8 11 years ago

Sorry played a bunch on Avengers recently. I have been more impressed with Xmen and even Transformers. But this is still not saying much since Stern's last "great" pin was LOTR.

(PS: Karma points don't really make you anything. Try everything from EM up)

#9 11 years ago

Oh, had to replace a bad switch on Avengers out of the box. That helps to set the mood.

#10 11 years ago

Great review. Worth the time to go through.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Oh, had to replace a bad switch on Avengers out of the box. That helps to set the mood.

Get used to it, games break when they are brand new (infant mortality curve) , when they are in their useful service life, and when they are old.

Now that I think about it, games break all the time...

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

But this is still not saying much since Stern's last "great" pin was LOTR.

Eh, you might have missed Tron (one of the best games of all time) and AC/DC .

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No, most of what I own are considered the "best game of all times". Most of the crap these days is called great for a month or two and then trashed when the next "great game" comes out.

Sorry, but I have been doing this for too long to go for hype. Time tells. Nothing goes to "great" until a few years have past. Everyone thinks the game they sunk $K into is great (until it goes up for sale )

I will admit I will have to get some time on AC/DC (Premium that is). But just the fact that there are versions like Pro, Premium, LE, TP (Toilet Paper : Home Costco) is bad.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

...and Spidey...and FGY...some people might even through POTC in there (sales #'s don't lie)

#15 11 years ago

I had the opportunity to play it once at the APE tournament this past weekend, I really like this machine. It is unique but better than most stern machines. I am not a superhero fan at all but I could definitely drop some quarters in it.

#16 11 years ago

Great! another one coming over to crap on threads…

On topic, thanks to the Op for the post.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Sorry played a bunch on Avengers recently. I have been more impressed with Xmen and even Transformers. But this is still not saying much since Stern's last "great" pin was LOTR.

Your silly comment has already been covered by others - they said it all well enough.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I will admit I will have to get some time on AC/DC (Premium that is). But just the fact that there are versions like Pro, Premium, LE, TP (Toilet Paper : Home Costco) is bad.

Well at least I can take solace in the fact that you will go in and form your opinion without any obvious bias.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and Spidey...and FGY...some people might even through POTC in there (sales #'s don't lie)

It is all opinion. I think Spidey is pretty good. FGY / Shrek I think kinda suck. I do like POTC. I have it in my collection and it is not going anywhere. But I know from experience why it is not a great (or "A" list).

But then what do I know. I might have been doing this for years. But you don't know what you are talking about unless you are a master by karma (LMFAO)

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

Your silly comment has already been covered by others - they said it all well enough.

Then why did you add you quote? That was silly.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Well at least I can take solace in the fact that you will go in and form your opinion without any obvious bias.

Did you play X-men Pro and X-Men LE to see if there is a difference? Did you pick up a Pro playfield by its cute little post legs and work underneath? Do you run your hand across a new out of the box game and feel the edge of every insert like a ridge waiting to be ground down by the ball?

#22 11 years ago

For those that haven't figured out Taxman's goals in this thread:

#23 11 years ago

Along with the plastic apron, this Pro model comes with the lock bar catches and the next-to-useless playfield support posts.

-from the Pinball News review.

#24 11 years ago

Wow that was one of the most detailed reviews I've ever read, very elaborate and all the pictures were a bonus. I need to play this game to see how it stacks up with all the new Stern games.

#25 11 years ago

I know everything even though I admit maybe I should try a game but it sucks because they make multiple version.
On top of that you want to bring your old foggy as on to thread about avengers and you have nothing to offer.
Go away fart bag.
Karma points are worthless. But they are also road markers in a community where folks have gotten to know each other. They are ther because others here appreciated them
Again if the site and the discussion Mean nothing to you the. Just F off .
Now back to my beers : )

#26 11 years ago

Wow, sensitive little boy. When it turns to personal insults I think it is past your bed time (lol)

Just saying. It was put it on location new. Played it and was not impressed with most of it. Out of box bad switch, ball hangs near lock and on back plastic. OK, no game it pefect and leveling and tweaking are a must. Stern was good with sending out switch and decal. Good thing. Hows that?

Bad, little legs and plastic aprons are bad and will never go away with teaking. Shots did not feel so good. Favorite part was animation of Capt. America's sheild in the pops.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Just saying. It was put it on location new. Played it and was not impressed with most of it. Out of box bad switch, ball hangs near lock and on back plastic. OK, no game it pefect and leveling and tweaking are a must. Stern was good with sending out switch and decal. Good thing. Hows that?

Bad, little legs and plastic aprons are bad and will never go away with teaking. Shots did not feel so good. Favorite part was animation of Capt. America's sheild in the pops.

Fair assessment and much different approach then what you started with. I am the first to make fun of Karma points but dude you are new to the group and a forum is just that a group in the same interest. So if you come out of the gate with your forum sucks and my collection says I am the shit what do you expect.
There are plenty of guys who have joined with years of great experience and collections that folks travel to play. They are awesome assets and the only difference is they blended in to the group and added to it.
IOf you just want to come over and argue crap go back. If you want hang and talk pinball of genres its a pretty good group.

#28 11 years ago

Get used to it, games break when they are brand new (infant mortality curve) , when they are in their useful service life, and when they are old.
Now that I think about it, games break all the time...

Note to self. When WOZ comes out and there are problems, reference vids quote.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

So I assume that given my comment about karma points, you are directing this at me. My comment was intended to be lighthearted and self deprecating. You can rest assured that I do not consider myself anything but a big fan of pinside, all of the hard work that Robin and the moderators put in, and the awesome information and communication that others contribute to this site.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Great! another one coming over to crap on threads…
On topic, thanks to the Op for the post.

You are welcome!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

... So if you come out of the game with your forum sucks and my collection says I am the shit what do you expect...

I'll admit I can sound harsh. If you knew me I am sarcastic and when put into "text" it can sound worse then in verbal discussion.

I never said the form sucks. I think sometimes "group think" gets in the way of honest discussion. People get defensive. The "New game" syndrome gets in the way some times. If it "sucked" I would not bother. I have other things to do. But between post I am helping one of your, I'm sorry, our fellow members fix a System-11 problem.

When did I ever say "my collection says I am the shit?" The fact that you brought up means you looked at my collection and made your own judgement call. If my collection gets in the way I will delete it from my profile. I only added it since I thought it was what was expected when I joined as part of the comunity. But I don't want it held against me.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Along with the plastic apron, this Pro model comes with the lock bar catches and the next-to-useless playfield support posts.

Coming from a guy who has collected for years now and worked on machines in the field before that...

I still don't get what this complaint is all about. Yeah, they don't do tons. But they are the exact same types of playfield supports that games had for years before the DMD era. There are very few times where I sit working on a new Stern and think, "Now, if I could only slide it on some metal, it would be easier to work on." I do wish they were mounted back about 6", but other than that, I really don't get the big deal.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

For those that haven't figured out Taxman's goals in this thread:

He does call himself taxman

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Coming from a guy who has collected for years now and worked on machines in the field before that...
I still don't get what this complaint is all about. Yeah, they don't do tons. But they are the exact same types of playfield supports that games had for years before the DMD era. There are very few times where I sit working on a new Stern and think, "Now, if I could only slide it on some metal, it would be easier to work on." I do wish they were mounted back about 6", but other than that, I really don't get the big deal.

But with the metal rails you can get that extra 6" to expose working on the flippers.

With the rails it seemed easier to pull the PF out and lean it against the backglass. I am not tall and with the pro I felt I could not reach. And going around to the side I was worried the standing on edge PF would slip, turn and drop.

And when putting the playfield back I am use to holding the rails with the PF almost level and giving it that quick push over the hump to replace. I did not feel with would work and stood on the side, hand under the back of the PF and lifted over the hump.

I'll admit it may just be me. Maybe I just need to work with it more and get comfortable. Just didn't feel right.

But I actually like the latching Lock-Down Bar. I hate the old pivot latch and trying to line them up when they get a bit old and bent. Good example would be a tight bar on a Data East with the spring in the latch. You are trying to line up the bar with one hand holding the lever with the other. The glass is sliding and you need an extra hand.

#34 11 years ago

I'm glad to see they just did the Pro review.

For me a $7,000.00 LE is flat out unreasonable even though I do well enough (financially). If Stern wants to sell a NIB game to me it will have to be a Pro with complete code & all the bugs worked out (example: where Tron & ACDC are presently). So to see a review on the pro from Pinball News makes me happy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-review-by-pinball-news and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.