(Topic ID: 91957)

Avengers Pros for $3121.13 shipped on Amazon!

By Ed_in_Texas

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_4644.JPG
image.jpg
at-home-quilting.jpg
image-890.jpg
image-515.jpg
th.jpg
avengers.jpg
Capture league picks.JPG
91eYMt2meEL._SL1500_.jpg
928_033-yellow-chicks-5pk.jpg
image-58.jpg
image-651.jpg
image-488.jpg
image-143.jpg
image-758.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Something doesn't smell right here.....

That's because tiki showed up to shit on the thread. That's TeeKee stank you're smelling.

Just kidding TeeKee. I'm still good for that coffee.

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Lol, great deal for those wanting an Avengers as a keeper… if those people actually exist?
I can see it now… couple months from now… marketplace… filled to the gills… FS: Avengers Pro… make offer… get this sumbitch outta here…
Still good with coffee?

Absolutely. I'll bring some Tasters Choice Packets and a thermos of hot water. Based on your lack of taste you shouldn't mind!

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Tasteless Choice… my absolute favorite!

Unless you prefer Folgers Crystals (def think you're on the crystal sometimes...)? I once substituted it for the normal coffee in a fine, upscale restaurant and no one knew the difference...

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I almost pulled the trigger then I did the math. What's a HUO Avengers pro worth? $3,800? Once I open the box and get board of it, I might have a few hundred extra bucks in my pocket, but not worth the hassle at all. I believe Amazons customer protection is limited, but the credit card company would probably step in to help.
I dunno, I think it's a good deal IF Avengers pro is a keeper for you, which can't be that many people as it was a particularly bad pro. If you want it to play a while then dump for profit, not worth your time I don't think. If you just want to profit, again, I don't think anyone is paying much over $4K and with all the money being the shipping charge, that's the red flag.

Just curious, but you've played TAV pro how many times? I've never played one. I've seen one at PAPA but it was during Pinburgh and I never got to it. Are you judging this game on your own experience?

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I've played this game twice, for about 45 minutes each time single player. It was a low play game that was leveled correctly and fully working.
90 minutes with a pin is enough for me to know if I like it or not.

Must be nice to have such great instincts! I had my Avengers in my house for a week wondering if I'd made a mistake. And then another learning its charms. Then I started to enjoy it, and after a couple of months it became one of my favorite games ever.

Life must be easier for you.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You want to tell me about any other aspects of my life I enjoy that I didn't know about? I'm glad you like it, but I think it sucks. I'm sorry it takes you months to start liking certain games.

And your track record is what, 100%? Because I'll bet you don't second guess yourself.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This is the last post I'll make on it because its off-topic, but it's laughable that you think you know what's best for me; A stranger, who I've never met, who doesn't know me, thinks I should play games longer and that I am too quick to judge
Worry about yourself buddy, enjoy your crappy Avengers Pro

I think its laughable that you make decisions on new pins in 90 minutes, during 2 sessions of play. You're confident you even know the rules at that point? The objectives?

I'm sure that people that know you well also question your judgement.

Whatever.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I find it laughable that you , of all people here, would try to tell anyone how to do anything. Let alone coming to Pinside and trying to tell pinheads what games they should like or how they should evaluate. Hahahahahahah! There , a good laugh was had! AV is worse than TF IMHO, making it the "least strong" of all the Sterns made since 2012. Unless they change the playfield around , it is not for me. Seriously - that should be OK with you.
Having said that, AV is still pinball and I would much rather play AV than mow the lawn.

Everybody on Pinside comments on the behavior of other people on Pinside all the time. It's a forum. Duh. Probably the most ridiculous thing anyone can do on Pinside is take umbrage for someone else telling them what they should or shouldn't think about something. Really? The "who are you to tell me what I think" pose is for people that take themselves was too seriously and sadly, probably need a little better self esteem.

Opinions are like a-holes, right? AV haters are entitled to their/your opinions. You're are just wrong that's all.

I'll add this. Taking Pinside as a whole, when the criticism of a game gets ridiculously positive or negative my gut reaction is to do the exact opposite. I was a staunch defender of TF months before I ever acquired one....because I'd played it and liked it. I got a CSI for the same reason. These games were really fun to own, but if I followed the opinions of mostly uninformed people I'd never know that.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

it's okay, he has a difference in opinion... it happens, let it go man....
To be fair though, if I am not having any fun on a pin after 90 minutes, I will most likely never purchase that pin. 90 minutes should be plenty of time to at least figure out the basics of a game. If don't enjoy even the basics, why would I put even more time on it to learn the nuances?

Because the nuances are what matter! The "basics" of a game are "shoot here, and here". If I'm just flailing around on a game, every game is going to be boring after 90 minutes. Most games have the same shots. That's one of the cool things about avengers in that some shots are actually a little different. But either way...its usually ramps and orbits and a bash toy up the middle so it's the rules that make one game different from the next.

I just love the gang mentality of this place. There are 500 AVLEs on the planet, yet everyone's an expert. I defend TF and AV because they are fun games. But in the case of TF, or ST, you may not even understand how workmanlike those games are after only 90 minutes. It took me many games on route to decide that ST was more sizzle than steak and that Mustang is just as fun.

WOZ probably really suffers by the 90 minute measure. Takes a long time to figure out what you're doing, some shots can be a little clunky, it can be a drain monster....but I'll bet after 4 or 5 hours of play it starts to really shine.

I will always take shots at people "judging" (issuing definitive opinions) games after limited play. It strikes me as narrow minded. I could be wrong. But I think people should justify negative comments with some true context, and let the masses decide based on that.

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I agree with TFA. Avengers is a good game. Very challenging. Once you know what you have to do, you have to make A LOT of very tight shots to get to mini wiz. If you want an easy game to get MB started, Avengers isn't for you, probably.
I also agree on Mustang. I enjoy playing it more than ST at this stage. At IFPA at GEX in the weekend there was a Freeplay Mustang pro next to a Freeplay ST premium. I played ST twice and Mustang 10 times plus. ST certainly looks better. But I enjoy playing Mustang more. The modes are better. IMO.
AND! I hope everyone gets their AV Pros they ordered. Good on you!!
rd.

That's my KIWI right there! Get that Hearse out to NewYawk! And see what all the fuss is about!

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I looked for Avengers Pro in the Pinside Top100..Hmmmm...it wasn't in there but the Avengers Premium is...
Looked in the 100-200 range..Are you kidding me? Not in there either?
Looked in the 200-300 range. Found it at #208!
My first impressions of the AP when it first came out must have been spot on!
However, I do see some pins in the 200-250 ranking that I do like and enjoy!

With all due respect, "Pinside" has its head up its ass with regard to this title.

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

With all due respect, you cant blame pinside for Avengers' problems. I for one love Avengers - you should already know that. But, it has its problems. Its an extremely hard game to dial in, and once you have it dialed in, its difficult to keep it that way, Its so delicate. Ive played 2 pinsiders' AVLE's who swore they had theirs dialed in. What happened in the first game of each - stuck ball on hulk, bricked BW ramp, poor CA & IM loop returns into the slingers. I still love me some AVLE though. I had mine dialed in and had those 3 main issues resolved, unfortunately i had to re-tune it to keep it that way every other day.

Buy mine, and never touch a dial again.

It took me a long time to get mine right. I had my moments wanting to kill it. But you know as well as I do that when the game is on it is some seriously excellent pinball. I find it a little aggravating that most people will never know. Or think they know better based on two longish sessions of play. But hey, that's pinball.

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Actually it seems that you are more upset that more people don't agree with your love of the pin than anything else when you keep going on and on and on about it.
It's not a hugely popular pin. That's ok. If you like it that's all that matters.

You're right! It irritates me that people don't see this my way.

I think the bigger truth is 1) that I defend underdogs that I feel have been mistreated. I defended TF months before I actually bought one, because I'd played it on route and found it quite good....and so much of the Pinside criticism was just complete pile on BS from people that didn't know jack but flapped their gums anyway. So, truth 2) I also have a problem with people that broadcast ignorant opinions under the pretense of experience, and thereby unfairly perpetuate malformed reputations.

As to going on and on....I feel compelled to respond to the critics. Especially the trolls. I believe I'm within my rights to do this.

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Please tell me you are kidding. I am only reading this via the inflectionless internet, but you are just having fun with us right?

?
Yes, I find it galling that TAV is so unloved. Isn't that obvious?

#374 9 years ago

I'm not defending the pro as much as deflating those that scorn the pro - or ANY game, Mustang anyone?- without giving it a fair shake. I haven't played the pro. I defend the LE for the same reason AND because I love the gameplay.

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

OMG, can't you get over it? I think Avengers sucks, and so do a lot of people. I'm sorry this deal didn't work out for them, but I couldn't even pull the trigger at $3,000.
You are WRONG about Avengers being a good game, it's terrible! There, are you happy now?

My goodness, so insistent about the things you DON'T LIKE. Wheras i'm insistent about the things I do like. I think that makes me a better person. Than you.

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Let me know when it happens. I will take 3.

Hellz yes. One would suffice for me. Cool game that 90% of Pinside hasn't played but that half say sucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pros-for-312113-shipped-on-amazon?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.