(Topic ID: 91957)

Avengers Pros for $3121.13 shipped on Amazon!

By Ed_in_Texas

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_4644.JPG
image.jpg
at-home-quilting.jpg
image-890.jpg
image-515.jpg
th.jpg
avengers.jpg
Capture league picks.JPG
91eYMt2meEL._SL1500_.jpg
928_033-yellow-chicks-5pk.jpg
image-58.jpg
image-651.jpg
image-488.jpg
image-143.jpg
image-758.jpg

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 9 years ago

Anybody hoping that these don't go through, you might want to re-evaluate what makes you happy and what makes you upset in life. Something isn't right there. Someone else getting a big score is always awesome.

This is very well put, some people are just inclined to feed off the misery of others. Life is way too short to be an asshole. To quote Dean Wermer: "Son...... fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life".

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I looked for Avengers Pro in the Pinside Top100..Hmmmm...it wasn't in there but the Avengers Premium is...
Looked in the 100-200 range..Are you kidding me? Not in there either?
Looked in the 200-300 range. Found it at #208!
My first impressions of the AP when it first came out must have been spot on!
However, I do see some pins in the 200-250 ranking that I do like and enjoy!

Pinside rankings, to me, are more about collectability than whether the game is any fun or not. Case in point, Jurassic Park, #64 in the rankings, vs JP Lost World, 4th from the bottom at #295. Many collectors own JP in part due to its tie in to the iconic blockbuster, but for my money JP:LW is a lot more fun.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from generica:

Pinside rankings, to me, are more about collectability than whether the game is any fun or not. Case in point, Jurassic Park, #64 in the rankings, vs JP Lost World, 4th from the bottom at #295. Many collectors own JP in part due to its tie in to the iconic blockbuster, but for my money JP:LW is a lot more fun.

Kingpin is #89. Wonder how many have actually seen and played a KingPin? What are there? Ten even out there.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

With all due respect "Pinside", it has its head up its ass with regard to this title.

You would know, you spend most of your time up there.

#305 9 years ago

I bought a WPT on closeout for 2300+200 for shipping. Had a hard time selling it for what I paid. The playfield layout was cool but the software left me cold. Not blaming it on keith since it was probably hard to come up with cool rules in such a confined theme.

The moral of the story is closeouts usually closeout for good reason =)

#306 9 years ago

I don't see many people pulling against anyone. I was very tempted to do this, but decided not to because I didn't want my funds held during what I perceived to be an inevitable chargeback.

Yes, games occasionally get blown out at ridiculous prices. Just not by companies called "Quilts in a Day". If this works out for the 11 brave ones I will never listen to my gut feeling again, lol

#307 9 years ago

I bought WOF for $2600 NIB from Playdium in Toronto. They had WPT for the same price at the time and the supply lasted close to 45 days so they had a decent stock.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if these $3100 Avengers are a legit deal.

Liquidation like this takes place all of the time.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Kingpin is #89. Wonder how many have actually seen and played a Kingpin? What are there? Ten even out there.

There were 9 made, not sure how many of them survived.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I bought a WPT on closeout for 2300+200 for shipping. Had a hard time selling it for what I paid. The playfield layout was cool but the software left me cold. Not blaming it on keith since it was probably hard to come up with cool rules in such a confined theme.
The moral of the story is closeouts usually closeout for good reason =)

I think i remember reading in a woz or lotr thread that keith said WPT is his best programmed game or something to that matter. Its a seriously deep and complex ruleset. If you ever get the chance to play WPT again, i suggest you read up on the ruleset. A lot going on than meets the eye.

What blew it for me on WPT was the theme and call outs (and im a poker player....err was) lol.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Kingpin is #89. Wonder how many have actually seen and played a Kingpin? What are there? Ten even out there.

Yeah, that's an odd one. I love the game, personally. It would definitely sit higher than 89 in my top 100, but I guess I should defer to the consensus on most things. Like, I hate Fish Tales, but given its consistent higher ratings, I know I'm just the odd man out.

#311 9 years ago

With all due respect "Pinside", it has its head up its ass with regard to this title.

With all due respect, you cant blame pinside for avengers' problems. I for one love avengers - you should already know that. But, it has its problems. Its an extremely hard game to dial in, and once you have it dialed in, its difficult to keep it that way, Its so delicate. Ive played 2 pinsiders' AVLE's who swore they had theirs dialed in. What happened in the first game of each - stuck ball on hulk, bricked BW ramp, poor CA & IM loop returns into the slingers. I still love me some AVLE though. I had mine dialed in and had those 3 main issues resolved, unfortunately i had to re-tune it to keep it that way every other day.

#312 9 years ago

you could have stopped at the word ass and it still would have been relative.

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

To quote Dean Wermer: "Son...... fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life".

To quote Meatloaf...."2 outta 3 ain't bad."

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think i remember reading in a woz or lotr thread that keith said WPT is his best programmed game or something to that matter. Its a seriously deep and complex ruleset. If you ever get the chance to play WPT again, i suggest you read up on the ruleset. A lot going on than meets the eye.
What blew it for me on WPT was the theme and call outs (and im a poker player....err was) lol.

I think WPT is a spectacular game. It was definitely a neighborhood favorite. I would be happy to take an HUO WPT or WOF in trade in the future. Both games left my house a bit too early.

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

With all due respect, you cant blame pinside for Avengers' problems. I for one love Avengers - you should already know that. But, it has its problems. Its an extremely hard game to dial in, and once you have it dialed in, its difficult to keep it that way, Its so delicate. Ive played 2 pinsiders' AVLE's who swore they had theirs dialed in. What happened in the first game of each - stuck ball on hulk, bricked BW ramp, poor CA & IM loop returns into the slingers. I still love me some AVLE though. I had mine dialed in and had those 3 main issues resolved, unfortunately i had to re-tune it to keep it that way every other day.

Interesting, I bought mine 'dialed in' and have been playing it nonstop for the last couple of months. The only thing I find myself needing to do is spraying down the BW ramp with some Plexus. Otherwise, plays great.

#316 9 years ago

Hopefully it is not the home version of the avengers. Saw them making it at Stern last year for expo.
http://tinyurl.com/kbszdea

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from drgnlair:

Hopefully it is not the home version of the Avengers. Saw them making it at Stern last year for expo.
http://tinyurl.com/kbszdea

I thought Stern abandoned the misery that was the "Pin".

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I thought Stern abandoned the misery that was the "Pin".

I am guessing they did. I was searching for it on their website over the weekend, and they don't even make mention (asides from an old blog post/update) that it exists. So much for the newer models with the re-designed backbox, huh?

#319 9 years ago

No pin for me.

image-515.jpgimage-515.jpg
#320 9 years ago

Well crap. Just got the "Your order has been cancelled" email. Oh well, it was a fun weekend and discussion thread.

image-890.jpgimage-890.jpg
#321 9 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

No pin for me.

image-515.jpg 82 KB

Me neither. Mine was just canceled for the same reason. I am not disappointed though. At least I don't have to deal with my CC company.

#322 9 years ago

Boo, canceled here as well. I was getting hopeful!

#323 9 years ago

Too bad. Seemed very fishy, but I had my fingers crossed for you guys anyway.

#324 9 years ago

BOOOOOO! I refuse to support that company any more. I will be taking my future quilt business to "Quilt in Two Days". The extra day quilt-less may be an inconvenience for me, but I refuse to support these shenanigans.

#325 9 years ago

better cancelled than taken thru the fraud process.
I was tempted for a millisecond... then saw the "seller" and said - thanks but no thanks.

#326 9 years ago

NOOooo...... sorry to hear that guys. I was hoping it would work out for everyone.

#327 9 years ago

Queue the "told you so's" in 3, 2, 1....

I'm bummed these didn't pan out, I had been hoping for a market crash on future AV pro sales! (not out of spite, I LOVE AV and hope to pick one up soon)

#328 9 years ago

Can you guys complain and at least get a free quilt? It looks like everyone's order will be cancelled meaning one was never in stock.

#329 9 years ago

WOW! I was pulling for you all that ordered them.

#330 9 years ago

Well that was marketing at it's best! Get the sales and not have the stock. Nobody got hurt anyway! THIS TIME!

#331 9 years ago

So you think it was a typo or they realized they were giving them away?

#332 9 years ago

just checked and mine said shipped

okay i got the same dam email saying cancelled - oh well - it was worth a try - thanks ed

#333 9 years ago

Dang, that sucks.

#334 9 years ago

Amazon's quality control when it comes to allowing certain buyers to sell things is a bit suspect don't you think?

#335 9 years ago

Like they say in the quilt business, "a stitch in time saves nine".

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

No pin for me.

image-515.jpg 82 KB

It's ok I got more games coming in next week for ya

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

So you think it was a typo or they realized they were giving them away?

i persoannly think amazon stepped in because of the shipping price - these games will be sold a different way - somebody has the inventory to unload - and now they know what price is good to have them go quick.

there have been other situations where companies had pin inventory to unload and they did not want to let people know they reduced prices because then people knew they sold them for a lower price

a good example - town and country snowmobile in new hampshire used to always have a buy 2 snowmobiles and get the third free - yes it was exactly as i stated

so we waited and did this deal twice - what a great deal it was - the last time i did it i sold two of them and kept the third for peanuts

well they realized people were always waiting for the buy 2 get one free and they haven't had it for a few years now

so i'm sure they still blow snowmobiles out - but they do it where people don't know anymore

thanks ed

#338 9 years ago

is there anyway to negatively effect the seller so that they don't do this again? i am pissed and i wasn't in the deal.

#339 9 years ago

Anybody hoping that these don't go through, you might want to re-evaluate what makes you happy and what makes you upset in life. Something isn't right there. Someone else getting a big score is always awesome.
This is very well put, some people are just inclined to feed off the misery of others. Life is way too short to be an asshole. To quote Dean Wermer: "Son...... fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life".

I haven't really read any posts HOPING that people who ordered don't get a game. We just don't think it's that likely that it's a LEGIT sale. There are too many red flags. I personally hope that everyone who orders one, gets what they were expecting (a NIB Avengers Pro). I don't care for the game, but that's just my own stupid opinion on it.

EDIT: I guess it was too good to be true.

at-home-quilting.jpgat-home-quilting.jpg
#340 9 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

is there anyway to negatively effect the seller so that they don't do this again? i am pissed and i wasn't in the deal.

Everyone can leave negative feedback for a cancelled sale.

#341 9 years ago

Quilt in a Day has become the letdown of the year.

#342 9 years ago

I was curious and emailed Quilt In A Day re: the validity of the Avengers sale a few days ago.
I just received this response from them.

Date: May 27, 2014 5:41 PM
Subject: RE: QIADWEB: Stern Avengers Pro
To: "Quiltinaday.com" <[email protected]> (edited email address)
Cc:

Hello,
Thank you for your email. That is not an item we carry. It was put on the
site in error.

Thank You!
Jennifer
Customer Service
800-777-4852 Ext. 127
International 001-760-591-0082 Ext. 127
8am - 4pm PST

#343 9 years ago

Email I just received from "Quilt in a Day":

RE: Inquiry from Amazon customer Edward R VanderVeen (Order: 111-5251161-6004232)

Hi Edward,
I am sorry for the inconvenience and the bad news. I do not have this
product. I just started selling on Amazon this Friday at 4:00 PM and the Amazon customer support loaded 1000's of my products on the site just before the weekend. The item was loaded using an excel spreadsheet from my website.
I do not know how they did it, however the error was made and I did not go through it before the site went live. The Sku for this item must be the same as a quilt related product. I still need to do some investigating to find
out the product. I contacted Amazon about the error and Sterns the pinball machine supplier. Sterns no longer makes these machines, otherwise I would have done my best to get these machines for all 10 people that purchased
them.
I Cancelled your order. Amazon customer Service informed me that you would not be charged. I know you are disappointed, I know I would be. I am so sorry for the inconvenience.
Orion

#344 9 years ago

human error happens all the time. Sounds to good to be true it is. Wait until next time. NOT

#345 9 years ago

Meh, I don't fault them. Sounds like an honest mistake

#346 9 years ago

Well the good news was that anybody lost any money ....

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Who here was actually *hoping* that these didn't go through??

You know there is a difference between pointing out actual facts in terms of why this was very unlikely to go through, and actually *hoping* that it didn't, which is what I did, right?

Why do so many things on Pinside turn into a big drama? Why do people have to try and turn things into an "us vs them" (those who ordered AV at a great price vs. those who didn't get in and are jealous haters who hope those who ordered get screwed)?

There were lots of facts that led a lot of us to believe that this wasn't legit. Pointing out those facts doesn't mean we were actively hoping that people wouldn't get a the deal.

#348 9 years ago

At least they gave you an informative response. Pretty good customer service for something that, by all accounts, wasn't their fault.

Guess I know who I'll hit up when I need a quilt.

Sorry you all missed out.

#349 9 years ago

Damn guys I was in your corner...better luck next time? That was an interesting weekend, think Robin set this up to keep us glued to pinside?

#350 9 years ago

Huh. Reputable business makes honest mistake. I was sure it was a scam of some sort... should I be feeling a restored sense of faith in humanity right now or something?

Unfortunate how it got everybody excited by the prospect of cheap NiB pros, though. Everybody loves a blowout price, maybe someday we'll have a title (like Mustang Pro?) that does end up overstocked and selling in the low three thousands new in box.

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pros-for-312113-shipped-on-amazon/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.