(Topic ID: 91957)

Avengers Pros for $3121.13 shipped on Amazon!

By Ed_in_Texas

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_4644.JPG
image.jpg
at-home-quilting.jpg
image-890.jpg
image-515.jpg
th.jpg
avengers.jpg
Capture league picks.JPG
91eYMt2meEL._SL1500_.jpg
928_033-yellow-chicks-5pk.jpg
image-58.jpg
image-651.jpg
image-488.jpg
image-143.jpg
image-758.jpg
There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 9 years ago

In nj, amazon purchases are subject to sales tax because they have operations here.

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I will always take shots at people "judging" (issuing definitive opinions) games after limited play. It strikes me as narrow minded. I could be wrong. But I think people should justify negative comments with some true context, and let the masses decide based on that

Well, you are missing what the definition of opinion is, but you certainly have a firm grasp on narrow minded.... LOL

Good luck on your fight to bring Avengers into the limelight, we need more just causes like this...

Just having some fun with ya, glad you like Avengers. I had this one in my shopping cart for a few minutes and then couldn't justify the 3 large for this title. I have put some time on this game (only the LE) and don't mind it, but don't love it. Regardless of rules, I simply didn't have fun hitting the shots.

Cant wait to see how this thread turns out, it is always cool to see others getting a deal on a machine.

#253 9 years ago

Well that odd phone call about order confirmation has not been brought back up.
Did everyone get this call?? And someone posted a link to a same or similar incident which i started to read but did not really understand. Scam, phishing, No it is legit, amazon does this, No amazon will never call etc.. very confusing.

Epic holiday thread.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh my lord. Miss the point much??

So you are saying it was good marketing because the shipping cost is $3100.00? Are you frigging kidding me?

They sold quick because the overall price is cheap. Not because of the $3100.00 shipping.

Good lord.

Exactly right.

If anything, selling the pin for $3100 with $11.00 shipping would have eased many minds and people would not be worried so much that it is a scam.

Whenever I see something on sale with a sly gimmick, or red flags, that is not good marketing. The only reason these sold like they did was the price and price alone. In fact, the price was so good, people took a chance to purchase this in spite of the marketing gimmick.

To the buyers, I hope this turns out to be a score for you.

#255 9 years ago

Now a clever fella would of bought 10 of them to qualify for the site's free shipping on orders over $100. That's 10 NIB pins for $110 shipped.
Seriously, hope this all works out.

#256 9 years ago

i'm sure that the listing wasn't listed under the free shipping for $100 category. You have to list your items specifically for that.

#257 9 years ago

I hope you guys get these. Just to be able to get a brand new game at that price is pretty sweet in and of itself. I had one in my cart when Amazon (not a 3rd party) had these as a Lightning Deal for $3750 or something a while back. I wimped out.

#258 9 years ago

I am just posting to follow this to see how it plays out, I almost pulled the trigger, but honestly Avengers isn't worth $3300 to me

#259 9 years ago

I've never played one - or even seen one that I can recall. I pulled the trigger because at 3100 total its a pretty safe bet, unless we start seeing massive clearouts of several titles... and in that case, oh well. The little boys who come through my house will love it.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

I am just posting to follow this to see how it plays out, I almost pulled the trigger, but honestly Avengers isn't worth $3300 to me

I don't think I would have done 3300 either - 3120 or whatever it was it just seem like it was safe to recoup my money if I don't like it - or as I stated above I could trade it, or maybe even flip it for a little more

thanks ed

#261 9 years ago

Yea you really cant go wrong if the deal works out

#262 9 years ago

A bit off topic, but AMAZON 101:

What a lot of people seem to not know is that many items sold ON Amazon are not sold BY Amazon. This item was one of those cases. There are still other items that are not SOLD by Amazon, but they are SHIPPED by Amazon. So it's a really strange mix of what and how things are sold on there.

If you search for an item on Amazon, they usually list the lowest priced item on the first page. It's actually pretty strange that they don't always list the item they are selling first IF they are selling that item.....but in the cases of an item being sold my multiple sellers you can always click the "more buying choices" link. I have found that is it always best to do this, just to see what is available....through it seems that the "default" first one listed us usually the best choice.

Sometimes I am really puzzled as to why one item shows up on the first main buying page instead on another. It seem to usually go by price, but after that stipulation...I don't know. I was buying something recently and was about to order, but decided to look at the "more buying choices". The item on the main page was the same price as the first few items listed on the "more buying choices" page.....except the seller had a worse feedback rating than the next 2 or 3 on the list (all the same prices). So I took the item out of my cart and added one from the seller with the better feedback score. It really made me wonder why one seller was listed on the main page when other sellers were the same price and had a better rating? I suspect some behind the scenes "pay offs" or something to promote certain sellers over others.

I contacted Amazon via chat and voiced my concern about that example....and they gave me a $5 credit and a lesson learned to always look at the "more buying choices" before ordering.

Edit: While nosing around at the Amazon pinball prices...I noticed X-Men Pro is priced $1000 higher than any of the other Pro models (even newer games).

#263 9 years ago

So many opinions! Thanks for the positive ones. I'm not worried. I've had good and bad experiences with amazon and continue to buy there because they always resove the issues, even from outside sellers. Maybe I'll have an avengers pro by the end of the week or maybe I won't. If i get the game I'll be happy. I've been wanting to add a stern to my small collection and this seems like a good deal. I like pinball and don't know all of the titles. I like judge dredd and that gets bashed all the time. Oh well. I'm sure it will be fun.
Thanks for the post ed in texas.

#264 9 years ago

This thread is awesome.

#265 9 years ago

So have any of the purchasers credit card(s) been fully charged yet or is it still in pending or temporary transactions?
It's been over 55 hours since all this started and all this is still a big guess at this point? CrAzY!
I guess tomorrow, a regular business day in the good ole' USA, will probably be "verdict" day!

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I guess tomorrow, a regular business day in the good ole' USA, will probably be "verdict" day!

I'm so excited! And I'm not even in on it!

#267 9 years ago

Pending for me.

#268 9 years ago

I really want an Avengers pin to go with my IM in my Iron Man game room. Good luck to the buyers. Maybe one of y'all gets the game and doesn't like it and will want to sell it to me? Keep me in mind.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

What a lot of people seem to not know is that many items sold ON Amazon are not sold BY Amazon. This item was one of those cases. There are still other items that are not SOLD by Amazon, but they are SHIPPED by Amazon. So it's a really strange mix of what and how things are sold on there.

Actually I think the vast majority of people who shop on Amazon are very aware of this.

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I agree with TFA. Avengers is a good game. Very challenging. Once you know what you have to do, you have to make A LOT of very tight shots to get to mini wiz. If you want an easy game to get MB started, Avengers isn't for you, probably.
I also agree on Mustang. I enjoy playing it more than ST at this stage. At IFPA at GEX in the weekend there was a Freeplay Mustang pro next to a Freeplay ST premium. I played ST twice and Mustang 10 times plus. ST certainly looks better. But I enjoy playing Mustang more. The modes are better. IMO.
AND! I hope everyone gets their AV Pros they ordered. Good on you!!
rd.

That's my KIWI right there! Get that Hearse out to NewYawk! And see what all the fuss is about!

#271 9 years ago

I'd move to Oregon and not worry about tax. Problem solved

#272 9 years ago

Would anyone who ordered one be really disappointed if a super cool Avengers quilt showed up instead?

avengers.jpgavengers.jpg
#273 9 years ago

Flaming skull is tragically awesome

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

If you search for an item on Amazon, they usually list the lowest priced item on the first page. It's actually pretty strange that they don't always list the item they are selling first IF they are selling that item....

It might be because they make more money off retailer listing/sales fees.

I looked into setting up a "store" with a friend on Amazon, and I was surprised on how much money they take.

It's anywhere from 8% to 20% depending on the item type.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html

Item price
+ Shipping charges paid by the buyer
+ Gift wrap charges paid by the buyer
- Referral fee (calculated on the item price and any gift wrap charges paid by the buyer)
- Variable closing fee
- $0.99 per item fee (waived for sellers who pay a subscription fee)
-------------------------------------
= Total deposited to seller account

It's not 100% clear on this page whether or not the referral fee includes shipping costs, but I've seen a couple of forum posts that indicate that it does.

For example:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/message.jspa

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Would anyone who ordered one be really disappointed if a super cool Avengers quilt showed up instead?

avengers.jpg 119 KB

HAHAHAHAHAHA

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

So have any of the purchasers credit card(s) been fully charged yet or is it still in pending or temporary transactions?
It's been over 55 hours since all this started and all this is still a big guess at this point? CrAzY!

I believe Ed In TX had his card fully charged.

Marcus

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

avengers.jpg 119 KB

Hey! Who let you in my room!?!?

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh my lord. Miss the point much??
So you are saying it was good marketing because the shipping cost is $3100.00? Are you frigging kidding me?
They sold quick because the overall price is cheap. Not because of the $3100.00 shipping.
Good lord.

I guess you missed my point. And that is, it caught everyone's eye real quick the way it was done. You know like " What the hell is this!" It did exactly what it was suppose to do...

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hey! Who let you in my room!?!?

Your mom! Sorry, couldn't resist.

#280 9 years ago

i don't think if it was 3100 in either place, the price alone would catch anyone's attention. the shipping just threw "code red" in the air. imo shady business is shady business. folks willing to take a risk for a good price it happens all the time.
all i can think is maybe they were hoping to save some fees somehow, evade tax, or well maybe an error? maybe a scam and hoping someone uses a debit card?

i actually only purchased one item from amazon listing, i was to get a free 25 dollar visa gift card with purchase, it was for a drill battery pack well i got the item at a good price but i got email or something stupid that indicated i was not to receive the gift card. i never pursued and never purchased anything since. Lost a customer forever.

#281 9 years ago

I almost caught myself buying it just for the sheer novelty factor of paying way less than face value for it. However, "quilt for a day" seemed too suspicious to me. I hope it works out though because that'd be a hell of a deal.

#282 9 years ago

Good luck pinsiders.. I think there will be a lot of calls to CC companies looking to get chargebacks

#283 9 years ago

Good luck on this guys!! These days it's fantastic to get ANY title N.I.B. for that price. It's disappointing how many people seem to want this to fail so they can have an "I told you so" post.

#284 9 years ago

After pin arrives---receipt will be suitable for framing!

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from J_Cutler:

I guess you missed my point. And that is, it caught everyone's eye real quick the way it was done. You know like " What the hell is this!" It did exactly what it was suppose to do...

But don't you think it was the overall price including shipping being under $3200 for something that would normally cost $4500 that really caught people's eye? If the price/shipping had been split differently for the same total wouldn't all of these people still have bought them just as quickly?

BTW - I agree with the sentiment about this thread, great drama, and the good kind for once.. mostly anyway. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

#286 9 years ago

Has anyone that ordered these found out anything today?

#287 9 years ago

Been refreshing like crazy. Still just says 'Preparing to Ship'

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Been refreshing like crazy. Still just says 'Preparing to Ship'

Once the seller goes into Amazon and uploads the tracking information showing that it is shipped then you will automatically get an email giving you the shipping information. Until that happens it will continue to say "Preparing To Ship".

#289 9 years ago

No responses yet from seller or follow up from Amazon's investigation (I asked Amazon to verify the legitimacy of the transaction). Amex is still pending.

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I believe Ed In TX had his card fully charged.
Marcus

No, I was mistaken. My card just has an authorization with a hold on the purchase amount, but has not actually been charged yet. I also sent a message to the seller with no response yet.

#291 9 years ago

Hmmph...Come on 7!!! Everyone here is pulling for y'all.

#292 9 years ago

I also sent message with no response to seller. Says on Amazon ships today or tomorrow. We will see.

#293 9 years ago

Just jumping into this thread,
I've got to see how this works out. Luck all!

#294 9 years ago

What would the next step be if a scam? Seller get the funds from CC prior to shipping and then make excuses for delaying shipping to a time frame that makes things harder to dispute? Heck that sounds like JJP Just kidding.

Rooting for ya all the way!

#295 9 years ago

Please post a picture when you guys receive them to shut all the avengers hatters......

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Please post a picture when you guys receive them to shut all the Avengers hatters......

th.jpgth.jpg
#297 9 years ago

I so hope that these go through. If this is some weird sort of blowout, and it turns out to be successful, maybe end of run pins could be sold in similar fashion going forward. Sure, you're not going to see something like AC/DC at that price, but maybe X-Men could appear.

Anybody hoping that these don't go through, you might want to re-evaluate what makes you happy and what makes you upset in life. Something isn't right there. Someone else getting a big score is always awesome.

#298 9 years ago

I looked for Avengers Pro in the Pinside Top100..Hmmmm...it wasn't in there but the Avengers Premium is...
Looked in the 100-200 range..Are you kidding me? Not in there either?
Looked in the 200-300 range. Found it at #208!
My first impressions of the AP when it first came out must have been spot on!

However, I do see some pins in the 200-250 ranking that I do like and enjoy!

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I looked for Avengers Pro in the Pinside Top100..Hmmmm...it wasn't in there but the Avengers Premium is...

No wonder they are selling for $3121.13 NIB!

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

With all due respect, "Pinside" has its head up its ass with regard to this title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pros-for-312113-shipped-on-amazon/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.