(Topic ID: 91957)

Avengers Pros for $3121.13 shipped on Amazon!

By Ed_in_Texas

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ChevelleSSguy
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_4644.JPG
image.jpg
at-home-quilting.jpg
image-890.jpg
image-515.jpg
th.jpg
avengers.jpg
Capture league picks.JPG
91eYMt2meEL._SL1500_.jpg
928_033-yellow-chicks-5pk.jpg
image-58.jpg
image-651.jpg
image-488.jpg
image-143.jpg
image-758.jpg

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Lol, great deal for those wanting an Avengers as a keeper… if those people actually exist?
I can see it now… couple months from now… marketplace… filled to the gills… FS: Avengers Pro… make offer… get this sumbitch outta here…
Still good with coffee?

Absolutely. I'll bring some Tasters Choice Packets and a thermos of hot water. Based on your lack of taste you shouldn't mind!

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Umm... really guys? You actually believe you are buying a legit pin? Sometimes we want to believe something so bad we overlook all of the red flags. So, someone name one legit thing about this ad someone can hang their hat on?
Is it...
The too good to be true price?
Could it be the how its priced with shipping?
Maybe its the quilt shop that has been and really could be a distributor that got caught holding too much nib pins and needs to blow them out?
its priced the way it is because its a scam in motion. If they send you anything they will claim you entitled to a full refund less shipping. Not sure how they plan to make this work and maybe hoped some would pay with some form that provides no protection.
When have you ever even seen a quilt shop? China or the Philippines?
Damn, I hope I am wrong here or at least no one gets taken for money.

The buyers are probably not going to get the pin.(however i hope they do)...if it was an unknown website i would imagine there is a chance of being ripped off but i doubt amazon would not protect their buyers

#103 5 years ago

Hi there, Quilt In a Day (1-800-777-4852), I'm just inquiring whether or not you guys are selling NIB stern pinball machines on Amazon?

You are, great! thank you

You're not thanks anyway... (calls credit card company ASAP)

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

I've seen several in Indonesia.

I'm interested to see how this pans out.

Smells like a scam so far.

#106 5 years ago

BTW - A legit stern dealer cannot advertise at this price without getting their pee pee slapped.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

BTW - A legit stern dealer cannot advertise at this price without getting their pee pee slapped.

That's a punishment?

#108 5 years ago

WPT and WoF were closed out at $2495 CAN and were advertised at that price. If you were willing to let them photocopy your drivers license they wouldn't charge you the tax...and the exchange rate was about 10%

So $2250ish got ya a NIB pin...so I'd say it's very possible

#109 5 years ago

I hope you guys get your pins. I don't see how this could be scam, maybe a website mixup for Amazon. They've got a huge website, I can just imagine all of the programming that goes into it on a daily basis. If nothing else you'll get a credit as others have mentioned.

Maybe they can quilt you up a customer Avengers dust cover and add it to the order.

#110 5 years ago

This is by far the most interesting thread going on today.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

WPT and WoF were closed out at $2495 CAN and were advertised at that price. If you were willing to let them photocopy your drivers license they wouldn't charge you the tax...and the exchange rate was about 10%
So $2250ish got ya a NIB pin...so I'd say it's very possible

Seller was a dealer or...?

#112 5 years ago

You'll probably get a quilt with a picture of a pinball on the front!

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Umm... really guys? You actually believe you are buying a legit pin? Sometimes we want to believe something so bad we overlook all of the red flags. So, someone name one legit thing about this ad someone can hang their hat on?
Is it...
The too good to be true price?
Could it be the how its priced with shipping?
Maybe its the quilt shop that has been and really could be a distributor that got caught holding too much nib pins and needs to blow them out?
its priced the way it is because its a scam in motion. If they send you anything they will claim you entitled to a full refund less shipping. Not sure how they plan to make this work and maybe hoped some would pay with some form that provides no protection.
Damn, I hope I am wrong here or at least no one gets taken for money.

I bought a stern batman from sears through the bing program and it was slightly under 2900 delivered - so these deals are legit some times.

thanks ed

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I bought a Stern Batman from sears through the bing program and it was slightly under 2900 delivered - so these deals are legit some times.
thanks ed

Which version of Batman? Did it have coin slots in the door?

#115 5 years ago

On occasion retailers make mistakes and usually honor them.

#116 5 years ago

I got a call from this number. The guy said he worked for amazon and wanted to confirm my purchase. Asked if I knew the price and was aware of the unusually high shipping charge. I said 'yes'. He said 'ok, then I'll go ahead and process your order'.

Oh boy.

image-488.jpg

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I got a call from this number. The guy said he worked for amazon and wanted to confirm my purchase. Asked if I knew the price and was aware of the unusually high shipping charge. I said 'yes'. He said 'ok, then I'll go ahead and process your order'.
Oh boy.

Interesting. What are the odds that "process your order" in this case means passing the order to the seller?

#118 5 years ago

Phone number is from India, does Amazon have a call centre there??

http://in.wowsome.com/mobile/8067873000-mobile-number-tracking/

#119 5 years ago

Not sure, but my amazon order status says 'preparing to ship'.

image-651.jpg

#120 5 years ago

Sure, all legit companies have staff following up late Saturday night on Memorial weekend. Right? Maybe they hired someone out of the country to process the orders by the look of that number too? Can anyone still believe this is real.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Sure, all legit companies have staff following up late Saturday night on Memorial weekend. Right? Maybe they hired someone out of the country to process the orders by the look of that number too? Can anyone still believe this is real.

Hmmm...Seeing your point. The timing is suspicious....

#123 5 years ago

Here's a Quilt shop...

http://www.bjsfabricsquilts.com/

BJ's, Fabrics and Quilts

I'm not interested in Fabrics and Quilts tho

#124 5 years ago

I dont' know why you guys think that a game with blowout prices at $3100 is a scam. It could very well be. most people don't buy Pro's. Least you guys don't. Don't you think that there are probably a shitload of Pro versions of every game piled up in places? They have to closeout sooner or later.

Not saying is or isn't a scam, but you guys act like $3100 for a pro is just so insanely unrealistic that's it's totally inconceivable. It's not. And I think your going to start seeing it more and more.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Here's a Quilt shop...
http://www.bjsfabricsquilts.com/
BJ's, Fabrics and Quilts
I'm not interested in Fabrics and Quilts tho

No pinball machines?

Damn...

#126 5 years ago

This is interesting, I am an Amazon preferred Seller, and I could make this ad up and post.
Of course, Id lose my account, but it is possible someone hacked the account?
Everyone is protected, I never see your CC, but I do see your phone number, if filled in,

I do hope you guys get your game, but creating the ad, and it getting flagged is much slower on Amazon.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

It's not Memorial Day weekend in India. Most companies have call centers in India. So yes, if the deal was found by searching amazon directly it is real.

#128 5 years ago

If it would have been a different game I would have given it a shot. You have both Amazon and your credit card company as a safety net. I would guess worst case scenario is the order gets canceled.

Transformers...I probably would have snatched up even though I would prefer a combo LE. Maybe even an X-Men Pro even though I have an LE and I'm not in love with it. It would pretty much have to be a game I like, but don't love enough to wait for a premium or an LE. Anyway.... a nice price if the deal goes through and your interested in an Avengers Pro.

#129 5 years ago

So why the price of 11 at the beginning then change? So folks in same state would save on sales tax? and seller save on listing fees? My buddy bought a grandfather clock off of ebay maybe first year or so of ebay. the clock was new 1.00 and 150. shipping. but i am thinking it was still like 60-80 to ship so WtF. it came fine and for the price one hell of a clock. i told him that same year i picked up a small mantel clock from brand names for 89.

Good luck with those machines.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

It's not Memorial Day weekend in India. Most companies have call centers in India. So yes, if the deal was found by searching amazon directly it is real.

Even if it was, people would still get screwed having to work it. Amazon runs such a large and popular service that they probably can't afford to cut off their phone support. I'm betting it would be a 24/7, 365 operation even if the call center was based in the US.

#131 5 years ago

There should be a real or fake poll added lol.

#132 5 years ago

This is about when some jerk comes along and ruins the thread with a 'the lucky quilt eleven are more likely to get their games than people who pre-ordered BLANK" joke.

#133 5 years ago

My Amazon order status has changed from "Processing" to "Preparing to ship" and my credit card has now been charged the full amount. Ok... here we go...

image-58.jpg

#134 5 years ago

The wait until Friday is going to kill me

#135 5 years ago

One way or another, it's really happening. Good luck guys!

#136 5 years ago

I can't believe I've been buying quilts from them for years and had no idea they sold pinball machines. Crazy!

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

This is by far the most interesting thread going on today.

Agreed. I could feel the excitement for those who had ordered. Wanting it to be real for them.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

And I think your going to start seeing it more and more.

Let's hope so!

#138 5 years ago

i want it to be real but you know the saying:" if it to good to be true chances are it is"

some things just seemed not right. like maybe they know the rules for item sell price and shipping while flagged was called and OK'd.

friday to wednesday will be interesting for sure.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Which version of Batman? Did it have coin slots in the door?

the real version - same one everybody owns - it was through the bing program - the thread is on rgp - I wasn't the only one who grabbed them. thanks ed

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

My Amazon order status has changed from "Processing" to "Preparing to ship" and my credit card has now been charged the full amount. Ok... here we go...

image-58.jpg 55 KB

Pulling for you, but I think Amazon responses are based on seller preset details. Basically they say they process orders within 24 hours and ship within 2-3 business days. Responses are automated. I have had Amazon tell me items have shipped and should be received on xx day, when in fact I was contacted by seller to tell me order had an issue and had not been shipped.

I would have jumped on this if this was a vendor that sold games, but red flag # 1 for me was "quilts in a day" red flag #2 was a $ 11 pin with $3100 s/h.

I think it will work out either way, more than likely a full refund to your CC. I would be very careful for any type of phishing scam though.

#141 5 years ago

Heh, I can't get over how many people will send $3k so quickly to someone just because they sell on Amazon? Crazy...

Imho, these will never ship and refunds are going to be had via CC claims.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Absolutely. I'll bring some Tasters Choice Packets and a thermos of hot water. Based on your lack of taste you shouldn't mind!

Tasteless Choice… my absolute favorite!

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Imho, these will never ship and refunds are going to be had via CC claims.

Hopefully, nobody was dumb enough to use their debit card.

#144 5 years ago

I think the fact that its amazon is probably reassuring to some degree if there is a problem. If it were a craigslist ad it would be a whole different ball game.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

'I just got an email that says please verify......'

Amazon will never e-mail you, asking for personal information

Read it for yourself:

amazon.com link »

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I dont' know why you guys think that a game with blowout prices at $3100 is a scam. It could very well be. most people don't buy Pro's. Least you guys don't. Don't you think that there are probably a shitload of Pro versions of every game piled up in places? They have to closeout sooner or later.
Not saying is or isn't a scam, but you guys act like $3100 for a pro is just so insanely unrealistic that's it's totally inconceivable. It's not. And I think your going to start seeing it more and more.

I agree its nice price but not insane. Good luck.

Quoted from generica:

This is about when some jerk comes along and ruins the thread with a 'the lucky quilt eleven are more likely to get their games than people who pre-ordered WOZ" joke.

Does this mean avengers pro is a 3k pin and LE 4k?

#147 5 years ago

Couldn't an authorized Stern dealer sell these games through the quilt company for any price they like?

The company would then not have to worry about any backlash fom Stern for advertising/selling the games at a price which Stern deems to be too low and jeopardize their dealer status.

I hope everyone who made the purchase gets a game. I may be in the minority, but I think Avengers Pro is a blast to play and beautiful to look at.

#148 5 years ago

Could be exported pins coming back to the states.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from trudert9:

I think the fact that its amazon is probably reassuring to some degree if there is a problem. If it were a craigslist ad it would be a whole different ball game.

See... this is what I'm saying. Amazon is not the company that is selling these pins. They are just the broker.

In NYS we needed the Attorney General to recoup funds in an Amazon scam. I fell for the "it's Amazon" mentality 6 or 7 years ago purchasing wood pellets through Amazon from a company that was sold to a person that had no intention of continuing the previous company's "good will".

Good luck to all those involved.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Hopefully, nobody was dumb enough to use their debit card.

You'd be silly not to. CC provide needed protection for a risk like this, called a "charge back".

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside