Avengers pro vs Tron pro, which one to buy ? Need advice

By pinball_erie

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Looks like I am getting one of these. I have never played either so I have no basis to make an educated decision. I prefer faster games and have fun modding them if that helps at all. Current line up is JM, SWEP1, SWDE, TFLE Combo, and ES, what/why would one or the other fit in better?
Thanks for any input from the knowledgable people here.

#2 11 years ago

Last week I would have said TRON pro. But after yesterday's awesome avengers update, I'd say avengers easily. However, ball times can be longer on avengers than TRON but there's more to do so that makes up for it. If you want a faster game with shorter ball times and less to do, TRON. If you want longer'ish ball times with more to do, avengers. Can't go wrong with either at this point.

#3 11 years ago

TRON is pretty proven at this point. Your collection is also missing a Lawlor 3 flipper style layout.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Last week I would have said TRON pro. But after yesterday's awesome Avengers update, I'd say Avengers easily. However, ball times can be longer on Avengers than TRON but there's more to do so that makes up for it. If you want a faster game with shorter ball times and less to do, TRON. If you want longer'ish ball times with more to do, Avengers. Can't go wrong with either at this point.

Must be one hell of an update if it made the choice that easy.

#5 11 years ago

Star Wars Episode One is where it is at

Go play them yourself and then decide...
Dont depend on some random person to tell you what you like.

#6 11 years ago

On Tron, if I play 3-5 minutes, i feel like I had a good game.

on Avengers if I play 3-5 minutes I feel like I got screwed.

Avengers plays far longer. So I'd make that part of the equation. Tron is an great quick fix.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Must be one hell of an update if it made the choice that easy.

It was. But I followed that statement with taking into consideration of ball times. You want to have a good mix of games in a collection, some short, some long. I think frolic said it best and that's what it's going to come down to when deciding game x vs game y.

#8 11 years ago

To add on to my statement. You're probably better off hearing from Pro owners as I've only played LE versions of this game. So what I'm basically saying is take my opinion with a grain of salt

#9 11 years ago

I've played Tron LE, Tron Pro, and Avengers LE. The only one I haven't had a chance on is Avengers Pro. Of those three, however, I'd say that Tron is a much, much better game than Avengers. It's a personal preference, but if you can find a way to try them, I would. I didn't care too much for Avengers, actually, but I could see how it would be appealing.

#10 11 years ago

I asked this same question the other week as I also was undecided between these two pins. After reading through everyone's thoughts and trying both games a few times I went with Tron Pro. I've had it for less than a week now and it's an awesome game that is very fast but also extremely challenging which is what keeps me coming back for more. I'd base your decision on theme at this point and type of game you like. Either game you should be really happy with.

#11 11 years ago

It's a win/win. You can't go wrong with either title.

#12 11 years ago

I have not played Avengers Pro. I like Tron Pro more than the LE. I found the ramp lights distracting and excessive on the LE. The light show on the Pro is awesome enough without lit ramps. The Pro version I owned had LED lights added, lighted recognizer, upgraded plastics making it very close to the LE but obviously not the same.

Having said that, I think Avengers LE is twice the game as a Tron Pro. On Tron, I love the light show and it has awesome music. The game play itself? Slightly above average.

Avengers LE, I love the lights, I love the music, the call outs are hugely better and I have never seen a layout anywhere similar to it. The game play is quite original.

Both games are rather fast with the edge slightly going to Tron. I found the Avengers table more entertaining though with better variety of shot selection. Plus, HULK makes this game for me. He is well integrated and rather amusing.

Avengers Pro is missing a few features that probably cannot be aftermarket upgraded so I don't know how it would compare in game play.

I realize that comparing AVLE with Tron Pro is not answering your question directly, I am only trying to relate my similar experience having played both Trons and AVLE.

These are, of course, MY opinions. Others may disagree and I will agree that they are wrong.

#13 11 years ago

For dinner, you should have steak instead of chicken.

#14 11 years ago

I think the key here is that you're in a position to get one of two games that are highly regarded around here. Whichever way you go, it would probably be no problem unloading it for the other if you feel like you should have made the opposite decision.

#15 11 years ago

Tron Pro just had a sick update drop, so....the game has changed! Tron Pro is rad. I hope to obtain an Avengers Pro this year, too. You probably can't go wrong with either.

#16 11 years ago

I agree with pinballmike, you can't go wrong with either. I own the LE versions of both and love them both. If I could only take one with me in a natural disaster evacuation though, it would be Tron. Game play is simpler and faster. If you like major deep games like LOTR and TSPP, Avengers might be your call though. Either way, you should be happy.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

TRON is pretty proven at this point. Your collection is also missing a Lawlor 3 flipper style layout.

I just sold my RBION, found it to be boring with 1/2 hour games. Don't mind longer ball times, just not marathons

#18 11 years ago

WOW !!! There is a lot of love on Valentine's Day for both pins. I am hoping there is a Tron at the Ohio show this year so I could at least try one, there will be several Avengers there so trying that won't be a problem. There are next to no new pins on location here, so that's not even a remote chance for me. Thanks for all the opinions, keep em coming !!!

#19 11 years ago

I think both are good, although I haven't had much time playing the Tron Pro (just the LE). I would probably just go by what theme you connect with the most. Are you a fan of Tron or the Avengers outside of pinball?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I think both are good, although I haven't had much time playing the Tron Pro (just the LE). I would probably just go by what theme you connect with the most. Are you a fan of Tron or the Avengers outside of pinball?

Neither in a big way. Tron would get the nod in this contest though. I wish I had the will power to just hang on to the $$$ for what I think is inevitable........STAR WARS DISNEY PIN !!!!!!!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think the key here is that you're in a position to get one of two games that are highly regarded around here. Whichever way you go, it would probably be no problem unloading it for the other if you feel like you should have made the opposite decision.

Well said...

#22 11 years ago

Tron is a great game. And I can't wait to get home tonight to install the code updates. I've only played the Avengers LE, so that is a knock on this opinion.

I just like the shots in Tron better. There are combinations leading to the End Of Line jackpots, and when you hit them for big points it is pure bliss, and if you brick a shot along the way, nothing. Someone said on Tron the ball just glides around, and if you are playing well, that is so true.

Avengers is also a great game. From my understanding (limited plays) it gets pretty deep. And getting everyone is a challenge. But I was honestly left wanting. It felt a little cheap, like it wouldn't stand the test of time as thousands of games were played.

So for my money, Tron. But like Mike said above, win/win. They are both good games.

#23 11 years ago

I would say Avengers. Have only had Tron a week and just updated both machines code. Both seem to be good updates. Avengers has harder shots and seems to me like it would hold my interest longer. Tron has been fun and is a good game also though.

#24 11 years ago

for me i had a tron pro and loved it but it frustrated the hell out of me. Gem shot especially. With avengers LE i have a lot more fun for longer. Yeah some games on avengers can be over quite quick but it just feels more satisfying and there is sooo much more to do than tron. I love Tron music better though.

#25 11 years ago

Not sure about avengers pro but the Hulk has taken and continues to take some adjustments/tweaking. Tron I took out of the box and actually don't think I've removed the glass yet. Tron seems much less complicated and it appears will be less work to keep dialed in. Just a thought.

#26 11 years ago

One thing to consider is that this is definately the last run of Trons. Avengers will keep being made for quite awhile. I'd be glad to shoot you a quote for them if you PM me your email address. I have a couple Trons left.

Mike
http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pro-vs-tron-pro-which-one-to-buy-need-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.