Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RDReynolds
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I just played the LE Hulk, and really loved the game was surprised at how much I enjoyed it..

Question is, how is the pro vs the premium/le?

What are the differences, I am trying to find a comparison chart but no luck.

Thanks
Steve

#2 3 years ago

never played the LE but the pro for me is one of the worst pins I've ever played. Maybe it's the set up on the game I played but that's how I felt. I'm a big marvel fan too and have a decent collection of marvel comics.

#3 3 years ago

Differences I've noticed: Thor is drop targets on the premium/LE versus standups on the Pro. The ramp segment in front of Hulk lifts up at the start of Hulk multiball on the LE. The Hawkeye orbit/ramp thing can divert to the left inlane on the LE, versus always going to the right on the pro.

There might be some other changes that I'm not familiar with, but those are the main ones that I know for sure.

#4 3 years ago

The pro is a great game, owned one for three years. I never liked the hulk ramp lifting on the LE, slows things down too much. Ball hang ups much more common on the LE. If you can get an LE for under 5, might be ok. Pros go for 3300-4200 depending on condition and mods. Also, pros did not have LEDs so had to be added by owner.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I just played the LE Hulk, and really loved the game was surprised at how much I enjoyed it..
Question is, how is the pro vs the premium/le?
What are the differences, I am trying to find a comparison chart but no luck.

One of the biggest visual difference is the LE uses color changing GI lights. So depending on the Avenger you are collecting, the game will change color. Hulk turns the game all green, Black Widow changes it all red, Tesseract mode changes it all blue, etc. Make the game much more dynamic and that can't be recreated on a pro with added leds.

Then you have the crossover ramp and diverter, fed from the Hawkeye shot.

Thor drops instead of stand ups.

The "bridge out" effect which is just a fun little thing but newbies especially really dig it and it opens up the view of Hulk for Hulk multiball.

Colored armor

#6 3 years ago

If you are set on Avengers, the LE is the only way to go in my opinion. Given the price difference between Pro, Prem and LE, the LE is the best value and the best looking. I personally like the Blue LE. I think it looks the best. Hulk definitely looks good as well.

Besides the bling, the LE and Prem have one feature missing from the Pro and it's important.

On the LE, you get the Hawkeye ramp and that improves the game play immensely. It lines up shots for you depending on what shots are lit. So it will either feed the left or right flipper. This is completely missing from the Pro. I really think it improves the game.

That said, I had an LE and I've sold it. I still think it's a fun game and you won't lose money. You can buy one at the discounted price they are selling for, enjoy it, and sell it down the road.

#7 3 years ago

Don't forget you get 5 and 6 ball multiballs on the LE too. Makes for some great fun!

#8 3 years ago

Ok, now to find a LE or Premium. The pro is out.

Thanks guys

#9 3 years ago

If you were closer, you could play mine as much as you wanted. You'd be hard pressed to find a more pimped out one than mine.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

One of the biggest visual difference is the LE uses color changing GI lights. So depending on the Avenger you are collecting, the game will change color. Hulk turns the game all green, Black Widow changes it all red, Tesseract mode changes it all blue, etc. Make the game much more dynamic and that can't be recreated on a pro with added leds.
Then you have the crossover ramp and diverter, fed from the Hawkeye shot.
Thor drops instead of stand ups.
The "bridge out" effect which is just a fun little thing but newbies especially really dig it and it opens up the view of Hulk for Hulk multiball.
Colored armor

Actually the colour changing GI CAN be recreated on the pro with Timebandit's new colour changing GI mod that exactly replicates an LE's GI colour changing sequence on a pro machine. It can be done for any machine except those that don't have colour changing GI like ST and GOT.

#11 3 years ago

Thank you Grinder.. I just need to sell my Batman Forever and then find a good deal on a LE.. Seems like 5500 is average asking, so I am figuring there has to be some around under 5K

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Thank you Grinder.. I just need to sell my Batman Forever and then find a good deal on a LE.. Seems like 5500 is average asking, so I am figuring there has to be some around under 5K

Ya never know. With all that I've done to mine (I have a color DMD, a badass topper, pinnovator headphone kit, cube mod (and a spare), Quinjet mod, pop bumper mod, purple powder coated cross ramp and EL light kit, spare hulk parts, slingshot mod, led back box, Loki lock fix, speaker acrylics, speaker lights, external sub, custom pingulp, mirror blades and a few more) I wouldn't sell it under $5700

I'm hoping ColorDMD releases colorization for my color display soon as well as some minor tweaks by Stern.

#13 3 years ago

Someone did a comparison between the two with some pics:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-and-pro-playfield-differences

#14 3 years ago

The Pro sucks because you can just shoot Hawkeye over and over and over... Loki MB FTL...

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ya never know. With all that I've done to mine (I have a color DMD, a badass topper, pinnovator headphone kit, cube mod (and a spare), Quinjet mod, pop bumper mod, purple powder coated cross ramp and EL light kit, spare hulk parts, slingshot mod, led back box, Loki lock fix, speaker acrylics, speaker lights, external sub, custom pingulp, mirror blades and a few more) I wouldn't sell it under $5700

I like the game a lot, but I don't think you ever have to worry about missing it.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The Pro sucks because you can just shoot Hawkeye over and over and over... Loki MB FTL...

Uhn, you can do the same thing on the LE/Prem too.

The drop targets on Thorn are not a big advantage and the raising bridge actually hurts your game play during Hulk MB. With the pro you can continue to collect BW during Hulk MB. In the prem/LE you can't do that as the bridge is gone.

The GI and cross ramp are the only real advantages to the prem/LE.

Granted I'm a pro owner but I do love my pro. Would like the cross over ramp but would much prefer the extra $1500 in my pocket vs that added feature. And just for the record, it's not hard to set up your shot on the left flipper off a ramp shot if you want to. Just hold the flipper up when the ball comes out of the ramp. Once it hits the tip just tap the flipper button and you now have successfully passed the ball to the left. One of the easier games to transfer the ball on, IMHO.

On a side note, what shots are you all "setting up for" by having the cross ramp move the ball to the left flipper? This game is all about shooting the same shot over and over to collect an avenger. Their isn't any advantage to having the ball go through HE and then go down the left lane forcing you to shoot BW or IM. I've never really understood that argument. With the ball on the right flipper it opens up one more shot than that on the left flipper. You have HE, CA and Thor vs just BW and IM. Both flippers can easily hit Hulk and the tesseract.

#17 3 years ago

I would argue that BW and iron man are harder shots so you should focus on them more often. The crossover ramp is user controlled (shoot hawkeye and hold left flipper to go left, shoot hawkeye and hold right flipper to go right) so it's your choice how to play it.

#18 3 years ago

go with the LE, you will love it. Got mine a few months ago and I will never sell it.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Uhn, you can do the same thing on the LE/Prem too.

From my experience, the LE games start diverting Hawkeye shots to the left flipper, so you cannot do the same thing. Tap passes can work on some games, but not all (depends on steepness, flipper rubber type, etc). The Pro has no diverter to block the exploit. It's also harder to shoot Hawkeye on the LE, since the ramp is steeper... as the right flipper invariably gets tired and limp, you have to hit the shot perfectly to get it up and around. That's the one saving grace for the Pro exploit.. by the 2nd Loki multiball, the right flipper is pretty pooped and Hawkeye becomes harder to make,even on the Pro.

Quoted from 85vett:

Their isn't any advantage to having the ball go through HE and then go down the left lane forcing you to shoot BW or IM.

The advantage is that the game doesn't suck due to exploits. Hell, look at the old DE Batman game... loop that center ramp a few times and the game dumps it off the ramp into the playfield. SWep1 ramps are easy to loop, but you can enable drops to block loops after a while. No Good Gofers will block the center ramp with Buzz to stop loops. On Avengers Pro, Hawkeye is safe and lucrative, and makes the rest of the game pretty irrelevant.

#20 3 years ago

Pretty sure the diverter is user controlled. HE is also triggered by the switch in the lane so you don't have to make the ramp to progress with HE. Only thing a full ramp shot is needed for is LOKI. I've got tons of time on the LE as well as my pro and I find both to be the same as it relates to the exploit. I've also found that not to many people can achieve the exploit as well, except for some of the stronger players as that's a pretty tight shot and a miss can be dangerous.

In the grand scheme of things I'd much rather have the ability to progress through collecting BW during Hulk MB than having the slimmest of differences as it relates to the HE shot. Not having the ability to complete a BW ramp shot during Hulk MB is a major miss IMHO in the game, especially when you consider the number of shots needed to collect her.

I wont argue that the Prem/LE is the better version but I just don't see it being as big of a difference as most seem to feel it is.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Pretty sure the diverter is user controlled. HE is also triggered by the switch in the lane so you don't have to make the ramp to progress with HE. Only thing a full ramp shot is needed for is LOKI. I've got tons of time on the LE as well as my pro

If you have tons of time, then can you tell me (us) how exactly is the diverter user-controlled? Seriously... I've heard of an adjustment to change it's behavior in-game, but not anything like Shadow's control. If it IS possible, that's very important info to have if anyone runs across an Avengers LE in competition.

#22 3 years ago

I started with hulk le sold to get a pro. Pro is faster and imo best bang for buck. Many les are in the mid 4 range sitting pros are harder to find. Pro you can actually see the thor targets and the bridge is a non issue. Other than that it is a great sound and code combo.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I started with hulk le sold to get a pro. Pro is faster and imo best bang for buck. Many les are in the mid 4 range sitting pros are harder to find. Pro you can actually see the thor targets and the bridge is a non issue. Other than that it is a great sound and code combo.

Hooked brings up a great point, I played my LE with the bridge disabled......it played better that way. I still say get the Blue LE, I like the color changing GI. Do not pay over $5000.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If you have tons of time, then can you tell me (us) how exactly is the diverter user-controlled? Seriously... I've heard of an adjustment to change it's behavior in-game, but not anything like Shadow's control. If it IS possible, that's very important info to have if anyone runs across an Avengers LE in competition.

It's not like the Shadow where you press an alternative flipper button to switch it's orientation and it stays in that position. Depending on the settings it will either be automatic or can be over written by holding the flipper when you shoot the HE lane. Left flipper diverts to the left side. Right flipper diverts to the right side. Standard setting will have the ball go to the left side when trying to activate HE (the first 4 shots) but it will then go to the right flipper when you need to collect him (spell HE).

I could be wrong but that is my understanding on how it works and my experience when playing it on the newest code.

It's the last part of the code excerpt below that I'm talking about:

V1.4 - February 11, 2013
=======================

- First pass of the redemption system.
see http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/Stern_Pinball_Redemption_System_Software_Manual.pdf
for details.
- added logic to stop inadvertent hulk movement during hulk multiball start.
- Added up and down movement to the jet in the background of Thor VS Hulk background display effect.
- renamed the VS timer adjustments.
- added installs.
- VS completion and award sounds can now co-exist.
- fixed Avenger mode difficulty. i.e. easy/medium settings were not working properly.
- added a right ramp diverter adjustment to control when the ball will be diverted.
WEIGHTED = game decides, WEIGHTED + OVERRIDE = game decision can be overridden by player, COMPETITION.

#25 3 years ago

Whatever you get, plexus the heck out of the BW ramp. Went from being impossible to complete to being achievable and a lot of fun!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside