(Topic ID: 192059)

Avengers pro or GOT pro or GB pro or KISS pro ?

By IBARAKURO

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I want a new pinball machine”

• Take a pinball avengers pro, it is not very expensive 9 votes
    6%
  • Take a pinball games of thrones pro ... you like the missions, even if you do not know the show 79 votes
    49%
  • Take the ghostbuster pro pinball ... even if the code is not finished 34 votes
    21%
  • Take a KISS pro pinball machine, even if you already have a metallica 17 votes
    10%
  • Wait a bit, and take a pinball star wars pro ... it will be great to customize 23 votes
    14%

(162 votes)

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

I'd just like to take a moment to enjoy the fact that for once it wasn't me that got the thread eject...

...and a moment to enjoy the silence.

It's a beautiful day.

#52 6 years ago

I would go
1. GOT if you like show and it has deeper gameplay.
2. GB Im a fan and the pin ins't as liner as i thought.

Have you considered ST or TWD?

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

I would go
Have you considered ST or TWD?

I already have a WD. (This is a great game)
And I already had the ST, which I did not like (annoying)

#54 6 years ago

For me it's GOT easy.

The rules are pretty interesting and diff'rent which is the biggest draw. The show fits into the game but you don't need to be a fan or have seen the show to understand what's happening in the game at all.

Wow...I might have to say Avengers in 2nd which is hard to say It has some good ideas in it but it's just a little bit of a mess to me.

#55 6 years ago

Out of those 4 pro pins, I'd go in this order:

1. Ghostbusters
2. Game of Thrones
3. Kiss
4. Avengers

I own a GB pro. I love it. Some people will beg to differ...but GB is one of those pins that you really love...or really hate. It's hard as nails...but has that one more game feeling.

I've played a GOT pro. I actually enjoyed it (aside from the artwork) and wouldn't mind adding one to the lineup in the future. I enjoyed the flow on this one and I'd gladly pick a Pro over a Premium.

Enjoyed Kiss too. The only thing that hold me back from ever getting one is that I'd rather own an Aerosmith or Metallica Pro in my limited space as far as a music pin. Especially when priced somewhat evenly.

I didn't care much for Avengers. Wanted to like it but I left playing the game unsatisfied. It doesn't happen often for me. Last time I felt this way about a pin was a Transformers Pro.

#56 6 years ago

You need to play these for yourself but since you're asking...

1. KISS
2. GOT
3. GB
Never played Avengers

I hate GB. Too brutal for me. I hate KISS as a band but loved the game. I like GOT but I find it very hard to understand. I got a feeling that I would love GOT in the home where I could dig into the rules.

#57 6 years ago

As you like Sterns, have you considered a Simpsons Pinball Party ?

1 week later
#58 6 years ago

Interesting thread. I too have been kicking some of the same choices around for a first NIB game. I had been considering Pro models of GB, GOT and SW.

I now think I am more focused down to GB or GOT. I think I would enjoy either one. Tough to decide. The GB is a tougher game as has been mentioned and I really like the theme and Artwork. I have played GOT several times months apart and thought each time it was a smooth playing game with lots of choices in how to play.

Quoted from Gravity:

Out of those 4 pro pins, I'd go in this order:

I own a GB pro. I love it. Some people will beg to differ...but GB is one of those pins that you really love...or really hate. It's hard as nails...but has that one more game feeling.
I've played a GOT pro. I actually enjoyed it (aside from the artwork) and wouldn't mind adding one to the lineup in the future. I enjoyed the flow on this one and I'd gladly pick a Pro over a Premium.

Some have indicated that GB is pretty linear, but I see a comment above that maybe it's not as linear as one might think . Can anybody expand on impressions of how linear GB really is ?

Quoted from flipordie:

I would go

#59 6 years ago

Gb>got>av>kiss

Gb is not that linear, you have 3 ladders of modes to choose, dual skill shot choices (start modes or add multipliers ect at the top) cool mini wizard when you finish a ladder, rewards and modes for collecting ghosts, cool bash toy, vid modes etc, anyways lots going on, code is great just needs some final polish and ballancing but the game is amazing. Sound and art are top notch. Hard, up there with ironman and twd, but makes you want to keep playing imo

Got is a good game, too, good code, but other than that very bland, ugly game, ok sound, nice shooting game saved by the code. Not a compleate package like gb is though. And only the pro, the le/prem upper playfield sucks and really ruins what is a solid game.

Avengers is hard and fun good sounds ok art, although the hulk edition is fantastic looking.

Kiss just isnt very good imo, dont like that layout or playing it really much.

#60 6 years ago

I owned GOT Pro, and it's gone. But out of the list you gave, it's the best game.

If I had to make choices from the remaining, it would be KISS, Avengers, and GB last by a wide margin.

I can't include Star Wars Pro in any list yet, because I haven't played it. The game looks pretty bare, so it will rely 100% on code to be good or not. I'll play it this week at Pintastic though, so I'll give more input after that. I will judge it on the software I play, not any potential it has.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I owned GOT Pro, and it's gone.

I'm still depressed about this.

#62 6 years ago

GoT hands down,not even close.If can afford a bit more go with the premium.You will not be sorry.I have TOTAN,IJ and GoT premium.I have had GoT for a year and a half and still love it.Wife and I had never watched the show before buying it now we have watched all 6 seasons twice.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from lockislit:

GoT hands down,not even close.If can afford a bit more go with the premium.You will not be sorry.I have TOTAN,IJ and GoT premium.I have had GoT for a year and a half and still love it.Wife and I had never watched the show before buying it now we have watched all 6 seasons twice.

Thank God...the voice of reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 49.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pro-or-got-pro-or-gb-pro-or-kiss-pro/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.