(Topic ID: 192059)

Avengers pro or GOT pro or GB pro or KISS pro ?

By IBARAKURO

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I want a new pinball machine”

• Take a pinball avengers pro, it is not very expensive 9 votes
    6%
  • Take a pinball games of thrones pro ... you like the missions, even if you do not know the show 79 votes
    49%
  • Take the ghostbuster pro pinball ... even if the code is not finished 34 votes
    21%
  • Take a KISS pro pinball machine, even if you already have a metallica 17 votes
    10%
  • Wait a bit, and take a pinball star wars pro ... it will be great to customize 23 votes
    14%

(162 votes)

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Hi,

I want to take a new pinball...
I need your opinion ...
Compared to my collection
Compared by price

#3 6 years ago

Ideally, you'd play them and choose.

I have played KISS on location 20 to 30 times. I really like KISS -- I like the flow of the game. The shots feel good. The lighting, music, and visuals are 'fun'. It is getting beat up for incomplete code. I guess it depends on how good a player you are and how much you care about whether the code is never updated.

I have Avengers LE. I like the humorous Hulk callouts. The game is challenging (tight shots) and code is fairly complete. It gets beat up on because the game required some tweaking to 'dial it in' and some people just don't find it fun I guess. I think it's a very good game and has a unique layout.

Ghostbusters is a gorgeous game but known to have some quality issues. I really wanted to like Ghostbusters but find the game to be more difficult than fun (but I'm a so-so player). The biggest issue from what I understand is the modes are linear. I used to have a Pinball Magic and had to sell it because the linear modes got boring. I dislike playing a game where it's like starting a 1980's video game over from level 1 every single time.

I have heard good things about Game of Thrones but haven't ever played it. My best guess is that it would "win" if you posted a poll.

#4 6 years ago

Price comparison

Avengers pro < KISS pro < GOT pro < GB pro < Star Wars pro

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Price comparison
Avengers pro < KISS pro < GOT pro < GB pro < Star Wars pro

get GOT

#6 6 years ago

GOT is the best of the bunch, followed by GB. Star wars is anyones guess at this point and will be at least 500-700 more than any of the others you are considering if that matters to you. I wouldn't bother with Avengers or Kiss

#7 6 years ago

Gb and Got are both great, but are fun and have great rules/code. Gb is obviously way better in the sounds/art/lighting department. avengers is actually really fun and challanging. Kiss isnt very fun but, nice looking game.

#8 6 years ago

I would get Ghostbusters or kiss pro I always felt like got pro was really stripped down and I never have liked avengers to me it is too clunky.

#9 6 years ago

None. Pick a new batch.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Go with the one you like best .

No truer statement than this. It will last longer in your collection.

#11 6 years ago

I have never seen the show of game of thrones ... is it a problem to understand the rule of the GOT?

#12 6 years ago

I think you may like GOT pinball more if you liked the show for sure...knowing the Houses helps a bit. But in the end it won't matter. Besides, just sign up for HBO somehow and then start watching! You will not be disappointed. Well, you may be a little disappointed if you don't believe in dragons... I have GB Pro...love it. It is linear, sure, but it is still a fun game. My end goal is to have the new Star Wars...need to sell GB and Addams Family to make that happen though.

#13 6 years ago

You couldn't have picked a list of worse recent pins, unless you sub out GOT for WWE! Wait for SW out of that list! It can't be as bad as those games are. If you just have to get one of those, GOT easily.

#14 6 years ago

Avengers pro, to each his own. I loved the game, quality aside.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I have never seen the show of game of thrones ... is it a problem to understand the rule of the GOT?

To understand the rules of GOT you have to study the rules. The game barely has anything to do with the show other than the house names.

#16 6 years ago

Great themes... to the OP... Which theme do you like best? This could sway your decision. I have KISS and GB and love the themes, so I don't see them leaving.

#17 6 years ago

No brainer for pinball lovers.
GOT is the one you want in a home environment. I own it for over a year now, all other machines in my 10 machine lineup are neglected since

#18 6 years ago

I wouldn't even consider Avengers. Low chance that you will enjoy it and it's hard to sell without taking a loss. GB and GoT are the best that you listed, but they're very different games and hard to compare.

I would pass on KISS too. Not a good game. Better than Avengers, but almost anything is.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I wouldn't even consider Avengers. Low chance that you will enjoy it and it's hard to sell without taking a loss.

Depends on what you pay for it. I wonder how many people have actually spent time on avengers. On route, it's not a fun game, in a home environment, it's different. I played the game every day for a year when I got it, held it for almost four years before selling it for what I paid.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Depends on what you pay for it. I wonder how many people have actually spent time on avengers. On route, it's not a fun game, in a home environment, it's different. I played the game every day for a year when I got it, held it for almost four years before selling it for what I paid.

Avengers is better than most give it credit for when tweaked - but still has a few fundamental flaws. The second half of the game gets super easy cuz you just go from one Vs. Multiball to the next. The sling design is flawed - the holes for the sling switches are too small, so the switch hits the wood and bends, causing the slings to become less sensitive after very short time.

#21 6 years ago

What about a Star Trek Pro ?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Very nice game, but if you can chose a game for in home, it must be GOT. ST gets too repetitive. GOT keeps you busy for at least one year and provides challenges even after.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I already had a STARTREK LE
I did not like the game, I found it annoying
I did not keep it

#24 6 years ago

Me too, I had a STLE...got bored with it, now I own a GOT prem. Its such a different game, although it did remind me of STLE. It has its similarities. The look and feel, the grandeur of the lightshows. Big inserts leaving no room for ''playfield art''.
There is no reason for playfield art to be a biggy, you got to play the game no? And besides..the inserts on GOT prem are so beautiful in itself. The rule set which is there makes you want to explore the game.
Again, in a home environment this is a game that keeps you busy and you need to be on top of your game to achieve something. Its a big challenge and a guarantee for long lasting joy!

good luck with your decision!

#25 6 years ago

I'm not surprised at all to see GoT winning this poll. The game is exceptional, possibly Ritchie's best game.

I wonder if GoT will get a code update of some sort with the new season. Doesn't really need it but would be awesome.

#26 6 years ago

yes, one more update would make this game the best Stern / Ritchies ever. If not it would still be the second best.

#27 6 years ago

Seems like you have owned a bunch of Stern's. I personally wouldn't go with any that you listed.
To compliment your collection I would add at least one EM. And an older solid state.
Motordome in your collection is OK. But not that great. It's a one shot game.
If you plan on getting any of those listed you could buy two great playing pins and still have money left over.
Pins I would choose over those listed.

Nip it
Earthshaker
Joker poker SS with pascal
Elektra
Fireball
Fireball classic
Phantom of the opera
Centaur if you can find a nice one at a good price.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Seems like you have owned a bunch of Stern's. I personally wouldn't go with any that you listed.
To compliment your collection I would add at least one EM. And an older solid state.
Motordome in your collection is OK. But not that great. It's a one shot game.
If you plan on getting any of those listed you could buy two great playing pins and still have money left over.
Pins I would choose over those listed.

Variety is the spice of life. The above is good advice. If OP doesn't like EM's, a couple early classic Sterns would be great options as well. They play like lightening.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

To understand the rules of GOT you have to study the rules. The game barely has anything to do with the show other than the house names.

The rules really are not that complex. I know you prefer art over gameplay, but the rules are simple with lots of breadth and deep strategies. Perfect for HUO pinball.

As for theme integration, you couldn't be more wrong. I'm a huge fan of the show and well, the world under the glass...

- Houses battling for right to rule the seven kingdoms
- becoming the hand of the king and different ways to achieve it, brilliance!
- winter is coming and winter has come is amazing integration of just winter chills. Perfect for the white walker plot line.
- the hounds call outs are top level for pinball.
- the sound of the horns and battling in wall multiball. Not to mention the wall + winter super stack where it becomes complete pandemonium in winter effects as you're battling at the wall. Great theme integration!
- building the Targaryan modes is epic, and that dragon getting bigger, badder, and more epic with a dramatic feel as you progress. Fits the dragons story line perfect
- and then finally, you get the iron throne and go on a little mini journey through the seven kingdoms.

Just shoving call outs of the show into the game would not work for this pin; it was integrated perfect...this coming from a big fan of the show.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just shoving call outs of the show into the game would not work for this pin; it was integrated perfect...this coming from a big fan of the show.

I couldn't agree more. Theme integration on GoT is a 10. They couldn't have nailed the theme better in the game play.

Star Trek, XMen and Tron are the only recent games that come close to that world under glass feeling that you get with GoT. TWD is an example of a good world under glass feel, but it doesn't draw from the source material for the world under glass the game has...theme inigration on TWD would be a 5 in my eyes (it is more of a random zombie game, wonderful game and is a world under glass, but very little theme integration from the show).

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The rules really are not that complex. I know you prefer art over gameplay, but the rules are simple with lots of breadth and deep strategies. Perfect for HUO pinball.
As for theme integration, you couldn't be more wrong. I'm a huge fan of the show and well, the world under the glass...
- Houses battling for right to rule the seven kingdoms
- becoming the hand of the king and different ways to achieve it, brilliance!
- winter is coming and winter has come is amazing integration of just winter chills. Perfect for the white walker plot line.
- the hounds call outs are top level for pinball.
- the sound of the horns and battling in wall multiball. Not to mention the wall + winter super stack where it becomes complete pandemonium in winter effects as you're battling at the wall. Great theme integration!
- building the Targaryan modes is epic, and that dragon getting bigger, badder, and more epic with a dramatic feel as you progress. Fits the dragons story line perfect
- and then finally, you get the iron throne and go on a little mini journey through the seven kingdoms.

Dude loves the Hobbit...no need trying to explain things to him. Some people are hopeless.

#32 6 years ago

I never saw any episode of the show. It doesnt matter, the game is great on its own You will probably, like me, get interested in the series after playing this pin, not the other way around.

#33 6 years ago

Out of your choices i would GOT but that's only because we haven't seen any gameplay footage of Star Wars or played it yet.

I would wait to see if you can play one before making a decision.

#34 6 years ago

Got or GB Pro

followed by Kiss

and Avengers waaaay down here in 4th place....

#35 6 years ago

I voted for star wars pro. But if Metallica or ac dc was on the shortlist i might have picked them.

Star wars is a dreamtheme for pinball. The shots look nice, and the lack of toys, which i do regret, will be covered up by mods.

Hope the code will be fine, and finished in time. Than this pin will compete to be the best stern pro ever.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I know you prefer art over gameplay, but the rules are simple with lots of breadth and deep strategies. Perfect for HUO pinball.

Don't slander me. That's not true.

I'm just not going to spend $5k-$8k for something that looks like a homebrew made by someone who just took their first Photoshop class, has zero interesting features, and chess rules I find uninteresting.

Quoted from smassa:

Dude loves the Hobbit...no need trying to explain things to him. Some people are hopeless.

Why do you have to make it personal? (edited by mod team).

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Star Trek, XMen and Tron are the only recent games that come close to that world under glass feeling that you get with GoT

Iron Man and Avatar too

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm just not going to spend $5k-$8k for something that looks like a homebrew made by someone who just took their first Photoshop class, has zero interesting features, and chess rules I find uninteresting.

Why do you assholes have to make it personal? Fuck you both.

Like I text you. The art comment was supposed to be funny cause you hate GB and the art on that is phenomenal and the gameplay isn't. Polar opposite of GOT. Anyway, wasn't trying to take a stab at ya, just pointing out how easy and well integrated GOT is.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why do you assholes have to make it personal? (edited by mod team).

lol sensitive much??? (edited by mod team)

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

But you'll get a Family Guy?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But you'll get a Family Guy?

This retort doesn't even make sense.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

lol sensitive much??? (edited)

(edited by mod team)

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This retort doesn't even make sense.

You know what? I'm changing my post. You're not worth my time.

So glad I PM'ed you to let you know how much I missed you on Pinside. So glad you're back.

#48 6 years ago

Except for Avengers
I own all the others in pro
GOT would be my first choice
KISS would be my second, even though I'm not a fan of the music
GB is kinda disappointing, but the pro is definitely better than the premium

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pro-or-got-pro-or-gb-pro-or-kiss-pro/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.