• Latest reply 11 years ago by Jediturtle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Cash was a little tight so I opted for the Avengers Pro instead of the LE. Fellow TPF organizer Paul McKinney got the LE so I've had a good amount of play on both machines. The LE is awesome, but don't hesitate if you are thinking of going Pro. Yes, the LEDs on the LE are way cool, but honestly, I don't "miss" the crossover ramp or the other set of drop targets. Those other post talking about how important the crossover is... it's not. The ball does not seem to favor one flipper over the other at all (or not enough for me to notice). I would never try to talk someone out of getting the LE, but if you are eyeing the Pro, fear not. It's every bit of a "full featured" pin one would expect... except for the recommended button guard side rails, playfield slide rails, and shaker (which I have already added... see pic). I'll LED the playfield inserts when I visit Cointaker at the TPF.
And except for one very minor adjustment by the ball lock (path was a little tight for the ball), my Pro did not have any cosmestic blemishes or quality control issues. Even the plunger did not need any adjustment. I'm only stating because I have seen a few "quality control" issue posts and I just wanted to point out mine was error free.
Congrats George Gomez on a great game. Come play both Avengers LE and Pro at the Texas Pinball Festival (there will be 10-12 or more in the tournament area AND on the floor for everyone to play).
-Ed

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Interesting - part of the beef on Stern quality was wire guage. Your wire looks thicker than my LE. Did they just use lighter guage on the LE's that have LED's??

#3 11 years ago

Congrats, enjoy. It is an awesome pin. It's nice to see a post with compliments and not complaints.

#4 11 years ago

If you set the difficulty of the LE to medium you hardly ever end up using the crossover ramp anyways. On medium the first three avenger targets are lit so the first Hawkeye shot starts Hawkeye and then the diverter keeps the ball from going over the crossover. So the crossover only really comes into play on the second time you do Hawkeye, which is rare.

I felt the X-men suffered the same fate; really enjoyed the Xmen pro more than the LE because the iceman ramp was super lame.

Cool you're having so much fun with the game!

#5 11 years ago

Funny, I don't have those metal bars on my pro to hold the pf up, instead have two rubber ones. Your wires do look thicker too. I'm assuming the pic is that of a pro.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Funny, I don't have those metal bars on my pro to hold the pf up, instead have two rubber ones. Your wires do look thicker too. I'm assuming the pic is that of a pro.

The metal bars are slide rails. I added them to my game.

#7 11 years ago

Looks F*#^ing sideways to me.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Looks F*#^ing sideways to me.

What looks sideways? What was the purpose of dropping an F bomb?

#9 11 years ago

The picture is sideways.

I swear a lot.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The picture is sideways.
I swear a lot.

Gotcha. Straight forward. I like it.

#11 11 years ago

Since the OP added side rail protectors, maybe this is a good F*#^ing time to ask if these clear button protectors are any good? Anybody have experience or an opinion on these versus actual siderail button protectors?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1870&parent=65

PS. swearing is fun

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

Since the OP added side rail protectors, maybe this is a good F*#^ing time to ask if these clear button protectors are any good? Anybody have experience or an opinion on these versus actual siderail button protectors?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1870&parent=65
PS. swearing is fun

Honestly, in a HUO environment, I doubt button protectors are even necessary, but if you look at the Avengers Pro side art, it's obvious they are intended to go there. It looks unfinished without them IMO.

#13 11 years ago

I never noticed the cutout in the artwork until you mentioned it, thanks for ruining my night. Geez, now I need new siderails.

#14 11 years ago

I have no regrets in choosing the pro over the LE.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I never noticed the cutout in the artwork until you mentioned it, thanks for ruining my night. Geez, now I need new siderails.

Sorry buddy. Pinball Life has them for $49/pair.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747
Grab a shaker and playfield support slide rails while you're at it:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1352
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956

#16 11 years ago

I have been thinking a lot about ordering a Pro, thanks for the reinforcement!

#17 11 years ago

I have had my Pro for several days, and I really like it. I am very happy so far. The distributor remedied the shooter issue before delivery, and I have had very few other issues.

I also added the shaker motor and the playfield support rails from Pinballife. Once you get over the thought of drilling holes in the bottom of your brand new playfield, they are easy to install and come with very clear instructions. I would consider these a "must have".....those factory rods are pretty useless.

I also added the clear adhesive mylar button guards just last night. They are very easy to install, and look like they will do the job. However, I did not know the replacement siderails were available and would have considered purchasing those, as well. Maybe on my next order.......

#18 11 years ago

New code 1.4 is now available as well.

#19 11 years ago

I am a Pro owner also and couldn't be happier. Have had my game now for almost 3 weeks and I still play the crap out of it (over 400 plays on it btw since I got it).

I can already say that I am 100X happier with the code/rules on Avengers compared to my X-Men! But I do have hope for x-men.

If you're on the fence on whether or not to buy an Avengers, fear not- the code and gameplay are solid.

#20 11 years ago

Don't buy side armor for a NIB home use pin. Just buy these:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1870

I picked up a routed LOTR, and when I looked at it I was amazed there was no flipper button wear. I didn't even see the protector until he pointed it out.

#21 11 years ago

<<I have no regrets in choosing the pro over the LE.>>

I heard you can't even see the THOR drop targets on the LE anyways, so yet another point goes to the Pro camp.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

<<I have no regrets in choosing the pro over the LE.>>
I heard you can't even see the THOR drop targets on the LE anyways, so yet another point goes to the Pro camp.

Yea...that really stood out to me when playing an LE recently. While I love drop targets, if you can't even see them, why not just have standups? They should give you a somewhat faster rebound even. That one doesn't make sense to me. Seems like a completely wasted feature to have there.

I haven't played a pro yet, but in this case I think the only thing I would really miss would be the color changing GI. That is one of the things that really puts my Wolverine over the top for me...I love the different moods it can create in different modes. Other than that though, I honestly think I'd be ok with the Avenger pro. Granted, the arrow ramp looks friggin cool, but I'm not sure it's worth so much extra $$. Same with the lifting ramp. Cool, but maybe not that cool.

I know that with X-Men many people do not feel the extras are worth it, but I honestly do. The Nightcrawlers, spinning magnet, moving ramp (I am one of the few that really love it, even as currently coded), and GI all really make a TON of difference to me. I played an X-Men pro and felt like it was missing alot and I could never be completely satisfied with it. Avengers on the other hand...I think there are a few "nice-to-haves", but no real "must-have" upgrades. Of course if I had the coin to spend, you can bet I'd go big and order a Hulk!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yea...that really stood out to me when playing an LE recently. While I love drop targets, if you can't even see them, why not just have standups? They should give you a somewhat faster rebound even. That one doesn't make sense to me. Seems like a completely wasted feature to have there.
I haven't played a pro yet, but in this case I think the only thing I would really miss would be the color changing GI. That is one of the things that really puts my Wolverine over the top for me...I love the different moods it can create in different modes. Other than that though, I honestly think I'd be ok with the Avenger pro. Granted, the arrow ramp looks friggin cool, but I'm not sure it's worth so much extra $$. Same with the lifting ramp. Cool, but maybe not that cool.
I know that with X-Men many people do not feel the extras are worth it, but I honestly do. The Nightcrawlers, spinning magnet, moving ramp (I am one of the few that really love it, even as currently coded), and GI all really make a TON of difference to me. I played an X-Men pro and felt like it was missing alot and I could never be completely satisfied with it. Avengers on the other hand...I think there are a few "nice-to-haves", but no real "must-have" upgrades. Of course if I had the coin to spend, you can bet I'd go big and order a Hulk!

I dunno man. Since last update, that crossover ramp has been a gem! Especially in Loki mb, vs modes and AotHC. And 5 ball (hopefully 6 one day) is a freakin blast on this layout. And jumping the bridge out ramp, while super rare, is freakin cool when it happens. But one thing is apparent, LE and pro owners both seem to be happy, so that's a big thumbs up. Wish I could get my hands on a pro to compare.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I dunno man. Since last update, that crossover ramp has been a gem! Especially in Loki mb, vs modes and AotHC. And 5 ball (hopefully 6 one day) is a freakin blast on this layout. And jumping the bridge out ramp, while super rare, is freakin cool when it happens. But one thing is apparent, LE and pro owners both seem to be happy, so that's a big thumbs up. Wish I could get my hands on a pro to compare.

Dammit man...stop confusing the issue! LOL! I do need to play one with new code. The one I played I never even saw the ball on the crossover, but then again I suck.

Since I can't afford either of them right now, and am pretty sure I can't bring myself to part with any of my machines that would afford me one, I guess it's kind of useless for me to worry about anyway! It does sounds like both versions are winners though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pro-is-the-way-to-go and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.