Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-48.jpg
image-188.jpg
image-773.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I've had my Avengers Pro for a while now and I've notice something about the black widow ramp from playing other Avengers Pro's other than my own. On my Pro I can never seem to hit the Black Widow ramp and when I do the ball rarely ever makes it all the way up and usually goes SDTM. On the other Avengers Pro's I've played I can hit the Widow ramp pretty good (its a tough shot) and the ball makes it up the ramp all the way. Is there some sort of adjustment for the Black Widow ramp or is something bent wrong on mine???

#2 4 years ago

More than anything, it's just a poor design.

#3 4 years ago

See if the spinner is interfering. You can take it off and then put a washer under it to raise it just enough to allow for cleaner shots onto the ramp.

#4 4 years ago

I raised my spinner as spidey did. I then raised the plastic cover a bit as well. Check to make sure the transition is smooth as well right where the curve stops and it goes to the straight part of the ramp. On mine the ramp was sticking out a bit so I bent it back just a tad to make it smooth. Doing these items drastically reduced my rejects.

Avengers is a fun game once you get it dialed in but it takes more work than most to accomplish that.

One other thing you may want to look at is to make the hulk switch more sensitive. It will help a lot with the hulk holding the ball behind his arms.

#5 4 years ago

Thanks guys! I'll take a look at it and try some of your tips.

#6 4 years ago

Waxing the ramp will help, but I usually have no issues with the ramp on my pro.

#7 4 years ago

As others have said:

1) Raise the spinner mount 1 or 2 washer thicknesses.

2) Raise both plastic shields a couple washer thicknesses.

AND

3) Clean the BW ramp and shields with Plexus plastic cleaner. This cleaner leaves a protective coating behind that makes ramps glide like butter! I use it on the Hawkeye ramp and all the plastic ramps on all my other machines.

#8 4 years ago

You think Home Depot carries Plexus or it's something only the Internet provides?

amazon.com link »

#9 4 years ago

I got my Plexus from Amazon. Not sure which brick and mortar stores carry it...

#10 4 years ago

I bought a can from Amazon for the ramps.

BW is a tough shot but it's rewardjng and fun when you hit it two or three times in a row.

#11 4 years ago

Turns out BW ramp just needed a good waxing.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

More than anything, it's just a poor design.

Complete nonsense. He said he can clearly hit the ramp well in other peoples avengers so it's obviously an issue with his game not a design problem.

I'd keep the playfield and ramps clean and waxed. You may want to experiment with removing or spacering up the plastic above the ramp. It should be easy to make the widow ramp if you hit it and possible to backhand the ramp as well on a perfectly aimed shot.

#13 4 years ago

Where exactly do you look to put these washers on the spinner and ramp plastics? I am interested in dialing this in as well as I have similar issues with making the shot, and only going partway up the ramp......when it otherwise appears it should go all the way....

#14 4 years ago

Under the post screw in the left and 2 in the right screws that hold the spinner down, effectivly raising the spinner.

#15 4 years ago

Do these help, I didn't take the glass off sorry:

image-773.jpg image-48.jpg image-188.jpg
#16 4 years ago

Yep, I get it...thanks for taking the time to take pix and respond. I will try that this weekend!

#17 4 years ago

Thanks for the washer tips....I tried it and my BW ramp shots are much more successful now!! I hit three BW shots in a row last night, on my way to my all time high score game. Not being able to consistantly hit BW has really hampered my ability to "move on" during a game.....

Thanks for sharing the simple tip.

#18 4 years ago

Glad it worked out for you. That's one of the pitfalls of AV. It's so much fun when playing correctly but if a couple of the major quality issues aren't corrected it really impacts the fun factor of the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Los Angeles, CA
$ 224.99
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside