• Latest reply 11 years ago by NYG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_1.JPG

#1 11 years ago

Has anyone that has the pro version of Avengers had an issue with the ball lock?

It seems the plastic on either side of the ball 1 lock position is tight and after the post stops the ball it does not have enough force to start rolling down after the post goes down to release the ball. In addition the opening in the plastic to access the screws for the ball lock area on a slow rolling ball will cradle the ball.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

#2 11 years ago

picture of ball not even making it to post

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Others have mentioned that they had to unscrew something to make the plastic looser and then retighten the screw. Stern will send you a decal for free that will fix the countersink for the screw cradling the ball.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from itsmarkda:

Others have mentioned that they had to unscrew something to make the plastic looser and then retighten the screw. Stern will send you a decal for free that will fix the countersink for the screw cradling the ball.

Yes, I got one of the early LEs and had that problem. I loosened the screws on the blue plastic that is next to the lock area and gently pushed it to the left and then re-tightened the screws. You probably have to hold the locknuts that are under the plastics with needle nose pliers to re-tighten the screws.

This adjustment will give a bigger gap for the ball to pass. I have not been having the problem with the ball getting stuck in the plastic grooves since I did the adjustment.
Stern did send me a decal that covers the grooves, but I have not used it since the adjustment solved the problem.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from NYG:

picture of ball not even making it to post

Directly under the ball in your pic is where the screw is. Turn it counterclockwise 1/2 a turn and you should be good to go.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Directly under the ball in your pic is where the screw is. Turn it counterclockwise 1/2 a turn and you should be good to go.

Actually, his problem is that the plastics are up against the sides of the ball.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Actually, his problem is that the plastics are up against the sides of the ball.

Yea. Loosening that screw a half turn will open the plastics a fraction of a shaven butt hair. Just enough to allow the ball through. At least that's what fixed it for mine.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from itsmarkda:

Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, I got one of the early LEs and had that problem. I loosened the screws on the blue plastic that is next to the lock area and gently pushed it to the left and then re-tightened the screws. You probably have to hold the locknuts that are under the plastics with needle nose pliers to re-tighten the screws.
This adjustment will give a bigger gap for the ball to pass. I have not been having the problem with the ball getting stuck in the plastic grooves since I did the adjustment.
Stern did send me a decal that covers the grooves, but I have not used it since the adjustment solved the problem.

I will unscrew the plastic and try and move it a little. I thought about taking it off and shaving it some. I will also give Stern a call next week and ask for one of the decals.

Thank you everybody for the responses.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pro-ball-lock-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.