• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

All,
I added the Stern shaker motor to my Avengers Pro today. I have the setting on maximal use and compared to my other games (Tron LE, SM) it seems pretty weak to the point where to you can barely feel it. Any advice?

Thanks.

BSL

#2 11 years ago

BSL,

I know this won't help solve your problem, but it seems kind of weak on the LE, too.

#3 11 years ago

Yeah... I think that is the answer. All looks good with the install, Stern just needs to up its use / power.
thx

#4 11 years ago

Which part seems weak? My LE during gameplay could be better but when it does a Loki Lock or MB start the whole thing really vibrates...I haven't played many other games with a shaker though to be honest..

#5 11 years ago

In comparison to SM and Tron LE, the shake is pretty light. I agree, in Loki lock I feel it the most. Just hope in future software updates they "up" the shake.

#6 11 years ago

I agree that the TAVLE does not shake as much as compared to LOTR LE or SM.
I would like to see them program more shaker action

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

In comparison to SM and TRON LE,

Those are the 2 examples of comparison I was also thinking of. Especially SM. That game shakes pictures off of the wall when you defeat Sandman...

#9 11 years ago

On my Tron Pro, it shakes and you feel it.
On my Avengers LE, it shakes and you barely notice it.

Part of it might be you're involved with the playfield more due to a multiball.
But I would imagine Hulk shaking the whole cabinet versus Tron.

On a TILT today, "Stop... Shaking... Hullllk!!!"

#10 11 years ago

I am hoping the shaker is not used as much because the code is still early on.

#11 11 years ago

Hope so... I need more shake for the money. Those damn shakers are expensive.

10 months later
#12 10 years ago

Thinking of putting a shaker in my pro...any updates on the performance of the shaker. Has it become more active or is it still retry weak?

Thx

#13 10 years ago

It's still pretty weak. I do think it's a nice upgrade but I would go with a speaker upgrade first. Then the shaker as if I had to give up one it would be the shaker. Does good in MB and some other modes but not incorporated nearly as well as AC/DC or Transformers. Still a good addition though so don't get me wrong.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I agree that the TAVLE does not shake as much as compared to LOTR LE or SM.
I would like to see them program more shaker action

It is not integrated as well on The Avengers. You are not alone. If you ever play X-Men during the STORM mode if you hit the POPs it will shack the damn floor.

#15 10 years ago

I've recommended bigger shaker FX (especially for Hulk) to the Stern guys. It would be great if they were longer, like when you start Multiball on AC/DC. Here's hoping for more shakey shakes in an update!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

It is not integrated as well on The Avengers. You are not alone. If you ever play X-Men during the STORM mode if you hit the POPs it will shack the damn floor.

Yeah, I have a shaker in my xmen, it's really sweet, that's why I wanted to put in the avengers, sound like not a good idea.

Quoted from 85vett:

I do think it's a nice upgrade but I would go with a speaker upgrade first. Then the shaker as if I had to give up one it would be the shaker.

I never considered a sound upgrade, sound seems pretty good as stock.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I never considered a sound upgrade, sound seems pretty good as stock.

I thought the same thing until I got my FF kit. The sub makes a big difference. Almost give you a bit of the shaker feel as well. I put a kit in TF, AV and AC/DC and I'm the happiest with AV as far as FF kits go. Was a nice addition to TF as well. AC/DC I would have preferred to save the $160.

#18 10 years ago

So, I forgot I had an old sub lying around in my workshop. Made by acoustic research. Its not a crappy plug and play sub that comes with most stereo in a box home theaters these days. it has high level inputs so you can run speaker wire from it. I just hooked it up and all i can say is WOW, what a difference! The sound is so much more vibrant and deep, you can feel it in your feet. Really nice effects when you hit the hulk letters and the pops, and the music just sounds better. I should have thought about this and doe it a while ago.

Now i definitely dont need a $170 for a shaker or a $140 for speaker upgrades. Just waiting for my cube from zdoor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pro-added-shaker-motor-but-it-seems-weak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.