photo_1.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0463.JPG
IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_0466.JPG
IMG_0465.JPG
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I found this quinjet that I think may be a worthy replacement for the 2D flat plastic.
I would like to get other's opinions on this:

IMG_0445.JPGIMG_0445.JPG

I could probably even add a couple small red LEDs at the exhaust.

#2 11 years ago

I will see if I can make a mounting bracket quickly tonight and take a picture on the game.
I may even be able to put some LEDs on the jet if it goes well.

#3 11 years ago

Sweet, Id paint it black too! good luck!

#4 11 years ago

I built/wired quick prototype. It looks fairly good in person. The pictures below do not do it justice.
Ignore the wires, I have not tied them down yet and they will be run with the wires from the diverter coil.

#5 11 years ago

I'd add more detail via paint. Looks good though

#6 11 years ago

Finally pictures properly rotated: IMG_0447.JPGIMG_0447.JPG IMG_0448.JPGIMG_0448.JPG

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I'd add more detail via paint. Looks good though

What kind of paint do you recommend? Thanks.
I would like to get it to this color:
Avengers-Movie-Helicarrier-With-Quinje.jpgAvengers-Movie-Helicarrier-With-Quinje.jpg

#8 11 years ago

I looked that up today, a flash drive too, you can update the code too, best mod ever!

#9 11 years ago

Testors enamels and I'd use metallics. Graphite black with silver highlights.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I looked that up today, a flash drive too, you can update the code too, best mod ever!

Yep. I just searched the net for something that may work and that was the only thing I could find of similar scale. The LEDs for the exhaust definitely add that little something extra it needed. It looks much better in person than in pictures IMO.
I have the LEDs (red color) tied to a red GI so they will stay on most of the time except I think when Thors music is playing and maybe a couple other times. I was thinking about also possibly adding some 2-LED orange behind the red ones and then connecting them to the Iron Man triangle insert to get a special lighting effect when he is qualified (I think that is the right terminology).

Quoted from Zdoor:

Testors enamels and I'd use metallics.

Thanks. I will give it a try in a few days.

1 week later
#11 11 years ago

Finally got my Quinjet mod finished:
IMG_0454.JPGIMG_0454.JPG

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Finally got my Quinjet mod finished:

Looks good DC! Did you put LEDs in the jets?

Also, your Loki lock lights...are those frosted blues? I put the frosted greens in. Have frosted blues too but decided on the greens.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Quinjet mod finished:

Nicely done DC!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looks good DC! Did you put LEDs in the jets?
Also, your Loki lock lights...are those frosted blues? I put the frosted greens in. Have frosted blues too but decided on the greens.

I put frosted Ablaze LED's in light sockets right behind the exhausts of the jet to make it look like the heat coming out. In the picture they are red, but I may try orange. I noticed while watching the Avengers movie on Epix last night that the exhaust looked more orange like fire. I was also thinking about possibly putting in an orange flasher behind the jet that could be tied into the Capt. America Shield insert that is between the pop bumpers and lights each time the pops are hit.

I chose the blue for the Loki locks because Loki's staff has a blue glow like the Tesseract. Has anybody tried taking a highlighter to the white frosted LED caps? I was thinking of trying it with a blue highlighter. In the picture, I think I had a green frosted LED on the top Loki lock light, just playing around with it.

#15 11 years ago

Looks awesome. Great job.

#16 11 years ago

Amazing!! I think this opens up a LOT of mod choices for Avengers in the future.

#17 11 years ago

I wish there was a helicarrier toy of the right scale that could be put in instead of the large plastic on the left.

#18 11 years ago

Have a helicarrier possibly in the works. Hoping my guy can pull it off. Will let you know. Great job, just ordered my jet looks great

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from ryster88:

Have a helicarrier possibly in the works. Hoping my guy can pull it off. Will let you know. Great job, just ordered my jet looks great

Cool. Please keep us updated.

#20 11 years ago

Looks great. I'd be interested in a helicarrier too. If you don't mind sharing, where did you get the quinjet at?

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Looks great. I'd be interested in a helicarrier too. If you don't mind sharing, where did you get the quinjet at?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12763903&prodFindSrc=search

#22 11 years ago

A flashdrive. Now isn't that cool. You can keep your pins code updates on it and kill 2 birds with one stone. Thanks for sharing.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

A flashdrive. Now isn't that cool. You can keep your pins code updates on it and kill 2 birds with one stone. Thanks for sharing.

I was just gonna say that lmao

#24 11 years ago

I'm picking one of these up locally today. Anyone mount this or add the LEDs? If so, any advice before I go it alone? Thanks in advance.

BSL

#25 11 years ago

I believe I will also jump on board and get this in my machine...I had a thread going for avenger mods, there will be a helicarrier and quinjet build-a-model coming out soon but they werent going to be small enough

#26 11 years ago

I used these sockets for the lights but I am sure others may do something different:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=299

I made a small mounting bracket out of aluminum bar that the hardware store sells. I cut the bar with a hack saw and drilled the screw holes. I also used twist ties to hold the wires together, and the wires are tied onto the mounting bracket with twist ties. The light sockets have holes in them so I put screws through the holes and screwed the screws into the back of the jet (which I predrilled) to mount the jet.
I still plan on making a small plastic with decal to put on top of the bracket behind the jet.

Also, as ZDoor mentioned above, Testors enamel paint works well. I used a dark blue (I think Sea Blue) and silver for the trim. Michaels craft stores sell the paint.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I used these sockets for the lights but I am sure others may do something different:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=299
I made a small mounting bracket out of aluminum bar that the hardware store sells. I cut the bar with a hack saw and drilled the screw holes. I also used twist ties to hold the wires together, and the wires are tied onto the mounting bracket with twist ties. The light sockets have holes in them so I put screws through the holes and screwed the screws into the back of the jet (which I predrilled) to mount the jet.
I still plan on making a small plastic with decal to put on top of the bracket behind the jet.

Thanks for the info... if you have a chance, could you take a couple close up pics and I'll try to replicate. Really appreciate it!
BSL

#28 11 years ago

last question as I'm about to get some paint for it... what colors did you end up using?

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

last question as I'm about to get some paint for it... what colors did you end up using?

testors flat sea blue and metallic silver enamels

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

testors flat sea blue and metallic silver enamels

Thanks!

#31 11 years ago

I will try to get some pics of the bracket later.

#32 11 years ago

Just a shout out to others, but notice in the picture is the pop bumper mods by Hooked, and also soon I will be receiving one of ZDoor's awesome version 2 cubes.

#33 11 years ago

Those pops are awesome... have Gio's cube... also awesome.

#34 11 years ago

I almost forgot, I tied the Jet LEDs to one of the Red GI LEDs. The red GI stay on most of the time except when certain modes are active like Thor and maybe Hulk. If someone comes up with a better idea for the light connection, please share because it can be easily changed.

I also need to mention that I had to extend the length of the light socket wires to connect them to a GI light.

#35 11 years ago

Here are some pictures of mounting parts. This example in the pictures is only a quickly roughed out version so I could take pictures for you all:

IMG_0464.JPGIMG_0464.JPG IMG_0465.JPGIMG_0465.JPG IMG_0466.JPGIMG_0466.JPG

Parts: screw, locknut, and aluminum bar

#36 11 years ago

More of the actual finished one showing the top of the mount and the wires running past the diverter coil and twist ties. Also included is a picture showing a light socket and screw that can be used through the hole in the light socket to screw into a pre-drilled hole in the Jet.

IMG_0462.JPGIMG_0462.JPG IMG_0463.JPGIMG_0463.JPG IMG_0467.JPGIMG_0467.JPG

#37 11 years ago

Thanks for the pics... I have paint, and some LEDS... mounting project will be next.

#38 11 years ago

I just finished up my new Nick Fury/SHIELD plastic for the top of the diverter:

IMG_0469.JPGIMG_0469.JPG IMG_0468.JPGIMG_0468.JPG

#39 11 years ago

Dang man. You keep pulling cool stuff out for this pin. Keep it coming, just don't get to mad if I plagiarizer your pin a bit when mine comes in

#40 11 years ago

I acquired a jet and painted it. I put together some tiny orange LED's for it as well. If someone out there builds a bracket (that will fit the Pro version) let me know. That's the part I'm going to have trouble with. I'll post some pics later showing what I've done so far.
Thanks
BSL

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

I acquired a jet and painted it. I put together some tiny orange LED's for it as well. If someone out there builds a bracket (that will fit the Pro version) let me know. That's the part I'm going to have trouble with. I'll post some pics later showing what I've done so far.
Thanks
BSL

Is the jet plastic mounted differently in the pro than it is in in the LE?
For the LE there are two screws into the blue plastic that is riveted onto the jet plastic.

#42 11 years ago

just one screw on the Pro... I have a mount build and the jet is almost done. Hoping to post pics later today.

#43 11 years ago

Jet in progress pictures... any opinions?
BSL

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_4.JPGphoto_4.JPG photo_5.JPGphoto_5.JPG

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

Jet in progress pictures... any opinions?
BSL

Looking good!

#45 11 years ago

Thanks... just about ready to mount... last bit of drying in process.

#46 11 years ago

Wow you guys got some cool shit going on in this thread. Love the nick fury shield too!

#47 11 years ago

So you just splice in the new light wires with existing GI wire?

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

So you just splice in the new light wires with existing GI wire?

I soldered in the new wires to a GI bulb at the back of the cabinet. You can use any GI. I found the tiny LEDs at Hobby Town.

#49 11 years ago

Final pictures installed!

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG photo_4.JPGphoto_4.JPG

#50 11 years ago

sorry for sideways pics... ugh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-potential-quinjet-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.