Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

114478-18236-108930-1-marvel-zombies-v.jpg
    Avengers_2_CGC_9.2_OWP.jpg
    Avengers_57_CGC_9.6_OW-WP.jpg
    There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I've heard promises that the code will be finished when shipped (not for AvGs but hopefully WOF)

LMAO!!!! I nearly spit out my coffee!!!

#52 11 years ago

If it's Avengers and done well, I'd be in. Like everyone else, I'm a little skeptical, but if they put Scarlett Johansen's @ss all over the game, and some good Hulk, Iron Man, Thor action, it could be interesting. I think Gomez needs to break from his usual fan layout mode though. That would generate a lot of buzz if he could do this in three flippers.

#53 11 years ago

Yawn. I hope they depart from comic book theme for a few months. Zombies would be a home run.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

If it's Avengers and done well, I'd be in. Like everyone else, I'm a little skeptical, but if they put Scarlett Johansen's @ss all over the game, and some good Hulk, Iron Man, Thor action, it could be interesting. I think Gomez needs to break from his usual fan layout mode though. That would generate a lot of buzz if he could do this in three flippers.

3 flippers? Screw that Avengers needs 4 flippers! 3 flippers is nearly as common as 2 flippers, be nice to see some games with 4 or more flippers occasionally just to keep mixing things up, plus Gomez "really" needs to make his next game (Avengers!?) something really special after the shit he delivered with TF.

#55 11 years ago

5 or 6 flippers.. come on.. one for each avenger

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

3 flippers? Screw that Avengers needs 4 flippers! 3 flippers is nearly as common as 2 flippers, be nice to see some games with 4 or more flippers occasionally just to keep mixing things up, plus Gomez "really" needs to make his next game (Avengers!?) something really special after the shit he delivered with TF.

WOZ has 5

#58 11 years ago

If it is Avengers, I'd LOVE to have it NIB, but I'm going to pass, here's why:

1) I bit the bullet on XMLE, and with the software and QC issues its had, I'm probably going to let someone ELSE fix that before I buy one HUO.
    2) I don't have a spare 7k lying around for this one (unless I sell XMLE)
    3) Gomez and Lopp did NOT do great things with TFLE (sorry guys, just IMO), so I'm going to want to play this one before I buy it.
    4) It seems that all LEs remain available for purchase at least for the first 2-4 months after release, either as NIB or HUO, at pretty near the preorder price. Look at these XMLEs that are out there.
    5) I'm actually hoping that Stern fixes this whole LE mentality. I think it might be GREAT for business in the short term, but it's bad for the consumers and the hobby in the long term. Go back to the BSM model of LE.

-Wes

#59 11 years ago

You realize that Transformers needs software tweaking. ACDC has a promised major update to software in the pipeline. X-Men really needs significant software update. Plus there is at least one significant mechanical soluiton needed for the last two titles. Clear cloated window on LE's and Wolverine figure too big.

Once Stern answers the mail on the above issues, it will be time to look forward.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Once Stern answers the mail on the above issues, it will be time to look forward.

Tell stern that and they will laugh as hard as I just did, do you really think stern will address these issues before releasing another game? I wouldn't be surprised if 2 or 3 games are released before the fixes you mention are addressed. Xmen will get another code update soon I hear TF I won't hold my breath. Might aswell look forward with stern at what's next instead of worrying about what they should/are going to fix.

#61 11 years ago

I hope Garfield or Family Circus is after that. I WILL NOT be pre-ordering a Marmaduke though!

#62 11 years ago

I have so many more ideas for an Avengers pin, I hope they make it awesome.

For me personally, an Avengers pin has a lot to live up to.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

Go back to the BSM model of LE.

I think your on to something here..The LE only needs to be shinier and spruced up,as opposed to a more featured pin.

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

I think your on to something here..The LE only needs to be shinier and spruced up,as opposed to a more featured pin.

+1000000...

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

3 flippers is nearly as common as 2 flippers, be nice to see some games with 4 or more flippers occasionally just to keep mixing things up, plus Gomez "really" needs to make his next game

100% agree with the above comment. I am really hoping that this is a 3 flipper or more game. I do not think we need anymore fan layouts with 2 flips. I also think Gomez has a ton of personal pressure to make this game great after TF. I have faith it will be a fantastic game.

#66 11 years ago

It would be nice to see a modern pin with 4 flippers and two of them are across from each other (but not aligned) in the upper side areas of the playfield. You could have a ramp or toy next to each flipper for the opposite flipper to shoot at.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

It would be nice to see a modern pin with 4 flippers and two of the them are across from each other (but not aligned) in the upper side areas of the playfield. You could have a ramp or toy next to each flipper for the opposite flipper to shoot at.

I 100% agree with this post.

#68 11 years ago

Sounds like Radical. I like it!

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I'm really glad I bought ACDC. How many super hero themes do we need

As many as possible!
    For me it's better than band pinballs any day.

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Hot Wheels or bust.

man. if they get hot wheels as the next pin, it better have some Soundgarden, Judas Priest, or something for a licensed soundtrack.

"I'M BREAK MYYYYYYYYYYYYYY........"

*little hot wheels toy does a barrel roll ala Burnout Paradise, blinding light show, along to explosion sound effect, and shaker motor rumble*

----DOUBLE JACKPOT-----

".....I'M GONNA BREAK MY RUSTY CAGE, AND RUUUUUUN!!!!"

#71 11 years ago

what if for something a bit different that both the 3rd and 4th flipper are certain characters in the game and only come alive once a goal is achieved by rounding up the team but until the goals are achieved they are like rubbers, static and a rebound feature - adds some variety to the game.

I hope it's not like transformers (sorry) was not a fan.

Or like towards the end of the movie a heap of balls emerge from the top of the playfield to simulate the creatures coming from that worm hole to turn the last major game mission in that you have to combat 10 creatures (10 balls).

#72 11 years ago

That's a great point apart from Sterns IJ have any of their recent games had more than 4 balls in them? A 5th or 6th ball 1 for every Avenger would be great and another nice change of pace from the stern norm of 4.

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Tell stern that and they will laugh as hard as I just did, do you really think stern will address these issues before releasing another game? I wouldn't be surprised if 2 or 3 games are released before the fixes you mention are addressed. Xmen will get another code update soon I hear TF I won't hold my breath. Might aswell look forward with stern at what's next instead of worrying about what they should/are going to fix.

I know Stern won't, especially if people continue buying their newest pins - sight unseen and without demanding completed software, but they should. Guess I was daydreaming at work again. I held off buying my 6 Sterns until this occurred. Three were NIB, but the others were out of production so Stern did not get my money. Sounds like a cruddy business model.

#74 11 years ago

Is Avengers going to use the DMD or will this be the first of the new board set I heard rumors about last spring?

#75 11 years ago

I have heard that KISS will be the first LCD. Avengers will be last DMD.

#76 11 years ago

Wouldn't it be cool if Stern jumped in and beat JJP to having the first delivered LCD games?

#77 11 years ago

It will be close.

#78 11 years ago

Does Stern have a ballpark date for the first LCD pin? I would think the next pin (rumored Avengers) would tie them up until at least March for the release of the 1st pin of 2013. If the 1st of 2013 for Stern is an LCD I would expect delays.

#79 11 years ago

SHIELD Heli-carrier Upper Playfield!

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I have heard that KISS will be the first LCD. Avengers will be last DMD.

I remember a few months ago people were saying the same thing about XMEN being the last DMD

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

I remember a few months ago people were saying the same thing about XMEN being the last DMD

I was thinking that as well. It is actually all over the early parts of the xmen giant thread. This was one of the reasons people expected a quick vallue bump (which should never be expected in any hobby).

2 weeks later
    #82 11 years ago

bump - any news on avengers as was said that around this time something would be let out of the bag

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Sounds like Radical. I like it!

Radical + IM + 1/4 MB = Avengers!

#85 11 years ago

Heck Gary said at Expo last October that Transformers was the last DMD game. I think what he meant though, that it was going to be the last pinball with a plasma display...as AC/DC and moving forward have been LED displays.

I could be wrong.
    But following suit, typically a new pinball comes out around late fall in time for Christmas delivery. Last year it was Transformers and the launch party was held at Pinball Expo in Chicago. Will there be a new pinball at Pinball Expo in Chicago this year? We've still got a few weeks until Expo and Gomez hasn't had a game since last year's Transformers. ...just sayin'?

#86 11 years ago

From a market standpoint I dont think Avengers would be a good move. Xmen and Avengers are very similar themes. Talk about beating the same drum and killing your Xmen sales!

They should branch out. I figured the Zombie clue on there Facebook would bring a horror theme. And big money to Stern. The first one to make a Zombie pin will get me money. Or Star Trek.

#87 11 years ago

I just can't imagine putting out two similarly themed pins in a row, but I'm too new to the hobby to know if it's commonplace or not.

#88 11 years ago

Fat train was in Jody's office the day he posted ZOMBIES On FB. It was a ploy to mess with people and was confirmed as such.

#89 11 years ago

Maybe the next Stern pin will be the Nordman melons pin.
    It just seems to me that the Avengers should be Stern's first LCD pin, especially with all the great movie content they could use.

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Fat train was in Jody's office the day he posted ZOMBIES On FB. It was a ploy to mess with people and was confirmed as such.

Jody working hard as usual

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Xmen and Avengers are very similar themes.

Except the Avengers are about a billion* times cooler than the X-Men, even though I love both.

*A relative factor that I am completely overexaggerating.

#92 11 years ago

Well, since we are pretty sure it is Avengers, I'll put down a request to have Agent Coleson be the voice over guy. Stern could afford him and he would be legit like J Jona for Spidey or that Avatar dude (name escapes me).

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'll put down a request to have Agent Coleson be the voice over guy

That would be pretty cool. I just we get some callouts, no matter what the game is. Jackpot!, 3 more shots to go! SUPER JACKPOT! Hulk SMASH mode ready!

IMHO audio feedback is really lacking from some of the last stern games.

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

The first one to make a Zombie pin will get me money

Ben Heck Zombie Adventureland?

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Ben Heck Zombie Adventureland?

viable pin

#96 11 years ago

avengers assemble ! please no stupid zombies in pinball thanks . just my humble opinion

#97 11 years ago

They already did a zombie pin called Rolling Stones, you gotta shoot for the moving zombie on the playfield

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

They already did a zombie pin called Rolling Stones, you gotta shoot for the moving zombie on the playfield

....and then when you hit the central zombie you rip his head off and he keeps on moving just like the movies.

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

Nice one!

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

It just seems to me that the Avengers should be Stern's first LCD pin, especially with all the great movie content they could use.

I agree with everything, but if it's still a DMD, I personally think Futurama would be another theme that can have an advantage with the LCD content-wise.

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pinball-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.