Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

114478-18236-108930-1-marvel-zombies-v.jpg
    Avengers_2_CGC_9.2_OWP.jpg
    Avengers_57_CGC_9.6_OW-WP.jpg
    There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

A little bird just landed on my shoulder and it said something like "tweet,tweet, Avengers,tweet." this can only mean one thing. ANOTHER SUPERHERO PINBALL MACHINE!!! Ugh.

Okay, in reality I figure its time to get the hype train rolling. If GS catches wind of this thread AvGs will easily be in the 9k range by shipping time. I've heard promises that the code will be finished when shipped(not for AvGs but hopefully WOF) so get those check books out and dial up those dist.
    LEs won't ship until WOZ gets done so will probably be out sometime in 2013 or 14.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

#2 11 years ago

That little bird sure took its time. Thats bird has been the word for months. And don't you know that the bird is the word?

#3 11 years ago

I started a avengers thread some time ago Not a fan layout!

#4 11 years ago

I also heard the game will have 5 bash toys and 15 stand-up targets

Oh, and in honor of TF, the Hulk will not transform

#6 11 years ago

I blew all my semi-witty one-liners in the x-men hype thread so now I must watch from the sidelines

#7 11 years ago

Best game ever

#8 11 years ago

I heard it will be at Chicagos Expo this year! I can't wait!

#9 11 years ago

I bet they will sell more Pros than LEs this time…...

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinWiz17:

I heard it will be at Chicagos Expo this year! I can't wait!

This would make me really happy

#11 11 years ago

Bad threads are everywhere. We needed another Avengers thread with a snide tone to it, more than anything. Oh, and look! Another shot at Stern! And one aimed at price, all while ignoring JJP's unnecessary price increases on a machine that isn't even out yet! Well played!!! Low hanging fruit tastes awesome, don't it???

#12 11 years ago

Not a fan layout!</blockquote

Too bad, I like fan layouts if done correctly.

Stop and Go = boring for me. I realize some people like that, but I like fast games. Because Avengers fan ever- maybe I should post some of my books. Here is the one that got my MM for me after I sold it:

Avengers_57_CGC_9.6_OW-WP.jpgAvengers_57_CGC_9.6_OW-WP.jpg

#13 11 years ago

Here is another one that was a favorite of mine, came back graded higher than I thought it would- Before Captain America joined. Most people don't realize that he wasn't an original Avenger, irregardless what the tagline says on his movie. Had the first 100 graded, and scanned minus #1, and #4. (The 2 most valuable)

Avengers_2_CGC_9.2_OWP.jpgAvengers_2_CGC_9.2_OWP.jpg

#14 11 years ago

I'm determined to convert all speculation threads into a request for a zombies pin to Stern since they read this:

Braaaaaaainsssss!!!!!

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Bad threads are everywhere. We needed another Avengers thread with a snide tone to it, more than anything. Oh, and look! Another shot at Stern! And one aimed at price, all while ignoring JJP's unnecessary price increases on a machine that isn't even out yet! Well played!!! Low hanging fruit tastes awesome, don't it???

Figs taste awesome and they're a low lying fruit. So.......

I took my swipe at JJP but you'd have to have the attention span greater than a 2 yr old to read that far.

#16 11 years ago

Hot Wheels or bust.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I bet they will sell more Pros than LEs this time…...

Sorry Gambit I meant to be sarcastic. JJ knows mine is ordered the day he can get it ; )

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Figs taste awesome and they're a low lying fruit. So.......
    I took my swipe at JJP but you'd have to have the attention span greater than a 2 yr old to read that far.

Oh, I didn't see the swipe at JJP. The truth was in the way.

#19 11 years ago

If/when they do announce this, I will be all for it. I know people are frustrated that pins aren't as cool and intricate as they were in the heyday. Stern designers would probably like to see that too, you know? But I just don't harbor the hate. If it weren't for Stern hanging in there, there'd be no audience for JJP and others to market to. We have 3 Sterns now and I love them.

I am counting the days to a Stern Avengers announcement so THERE! :p

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rabscuttle:

But I just don't harbor the hate.

Agreed. There are just a few very bitter people stoking a variety of fires every day. Seems like they are never happy. Most of us are here because we love pinball, not because we want to prove that someone else is foolish. It seems to me that we can have fun, disagree and debate without treating each other poorly.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Here is another one that was a favorite of mine, came back graded higher than I thought it would- Before Captain America joined. Most people don't realize that he wasn't an original Avenger, irregardless what the tagline says on his movie. Had the first 100 graded, and scanned minus #1, and #4. (The 2 most valuable)

JimJiim is it worth it to send a collector comic to CGC or just sell with lots of photos on Ebay - would you know? one of these days need to sell my Hulk 181 and looking for the advice..

PS - love the orignal vision stuff..need to break those out and read them again - loved the story line with him and wonder man duking it out...

Loved Kang storylines, Ultron, but Favorite story all time though in Avengers was with Korvak. I think it was only 2 issues but epic...and the follow up in What if?... great stuff.

#22 11 years ago

Jack played it. He likes it.

#23 11 years ago

At this point I only care about pins that I'd enjoy/can operate well.
    Spider-Man & Iron Man would do well.
    ACDC would do well.
    Hmmm, 2/3 of the Sterns from the past 5 years that I'd be happy to operate are comic themes?
    Batman Dark Knight is a so so game, it would probably do ok on route.
    I've yet to play Xmen, it could be fun and do well on route?

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm determined to convert all speculation threads into a request for a zombies pin to Stern since they read this:
    Braaaaaaainsssss!!!!!

Or you can just call JPOP and get on his BHZA waiting list.
    A this rate a Stern LE is going to cost you almost as much

#25 11 years ago

Blahh, I'll be for sure saving my $$ for a classic instead. X-men is cool but no more comic book and movie titles please. Be creative for 1 time then go back to the hollywood stuff.

#26 11 years ago

how cool would it be to have rotating 'cube' upper playfield (like BOP) for 4 different Avenger characters? Each mini playfield square could have different targets, loops, scoops (etc..) four totally different playfields for each character mode?

#27 11 years ago

Wicked another another BS thread, sweet!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

A little bird just landed on my shoulder and it said something like "tweet,tweet, Avengers,tweet." this can only mean one thing. ANOTHER SUPERHERO PINBALL MACHINE!!! Ugh.
    Okay, in reality I figure its time to get the hype train rolling. If GS catches wind of this thread AvGs will easily be in the 9k range by shipping time. I've heard promises that the code will be finished when shipped(not for AvGs but hopefully WOF) so get those check books out and dial up those dist.
    LEs won't ship until WOZ gets done so will probably be out sometime in 2013 or 14.
    Discuss amongst yourselves.

You complain about woz trolls and you create a stern troll thread?

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

Or you can just call JPOP and get on his BHZA waiting list.
    A this rate a Stern LE is going to cost you almost as much

I actually was going to do this, but got too nervous about it being made.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

nervous about it being made.

you mean, nervous about it not being made?

The way you worded it, you were nervous about it being made (as though the zombies would come out the game and attack you).

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

You complain about woz trolls and you create a stern troll thread?

Actually I was poking fun at a thread not wanting people to hype up games. In doing so I did poke some fun at Stern and JJP but I forgot the serious nature of some pinheads here.

Sheesh.

#32 11 years ago

No wonder pin prices are so dumb. No pic, don't know how it will play, and people will still be preordering $9k product site unseen

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

No wonder pin prices are so dumb. No pic, don't know how it will play, and people will still be preordering $9k product site unseen

That won't happen

#34 11 years ago

I heard the entire game will be subways with little to no playfield play.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

you mean, nervous about it not being made?
    The way you worded it, you were nervous about it being made (as though the zombies would come out the game and attack you).

Haha! I could see how you read it that way!

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

JimJiim is it worth it to send a collector comic to CGC or just sell with lots of photos on Ebay - would you know? one of these days need to sell my Hulk 181 and looking for the advice..

If your selling, YES, you can get a lot more money by sending to CGC. CGC books sell on the order of about 4x the amount of an ungraded book. Heritage Auctions, Metropolis Comics, and other high end sellers will send all of their high end books to CGC because they can get a lot more money when they go to sell them.

Here is a not graded book, Hulk 181 8.5 graded by owner sold on Ebay for $831 dollars, seller has perfect feedback:

ebay.com link: Incredible Hulk 181 High Grade 1st Wolverine

While there are 7-8 completed sales of CGC graded Hulk 181 going for $1200 - 1400. This difference will even be bigger if your book comes back a higher grade.

Here's why. Independent 3rd grader takes the subjectivity out of the grading. When you sell it the buyer can't come back and say you over-graded, or over-hyped it. All grades are final because CGC graded it. 10 years from now, it will still be the same grade. They also give you the page color on the label + keep grading notes.

Guarantees the book is not restored. Biggest fear of a buyer is paying top dollar for a book and sending it in to CGC to have it come back restored. You lose 80% of the value. Some of these restores are so good, even the best companies have had books come back tampered.

CGC puts the books in a tamper proof, sealed case that is ultra UV ray protected, with an absorbent carbon paper to keep the pages nice. Better protection than just keeping them in a mylar bag and board. They are also easier to ship. If plastic cracks, re-casing fee is reasonable as they are not regrading the book.

Personally, 90% of all my books I have sold are CGC. The ones I just want to keep, I haven't sent in because of cost.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Actually I was poking fun at a thread not wanting people to hype up games. In doing so I did poke some fun at Stern and JJP but I forgot the serious nature of some pinheads here.
    Sheesh.

That's fair enough, all serious and no play makes for NO FUN forums.

I'm not saying you specifically when I say Stern haters, and I would totally understand the ire of some people given what has gone down with X-Men code and the delays with that. So I'm not judging. Just saying that while I do love the classics, I really appreciate Stern and I don't think people say that enough.

#38 11 years ago

Shut the bird up, it's the reason for these crazy NIB prices.

/pointlessthread

#39 11 years ago

If Avengers is next from Stern I'm there,I hate Kiss,Star trek and zombie

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I thinking hyping games is a really good idea. In my view, our hype is "hyping up Stern" to keep spending more on their games making a better product and making them in larger numbers. Keep the buzz high, it is good for the manufacturers and the consumers . . . it becomes a self fullfiling profeacy.

#41 11 years ago

I agree with tiger

in fact, I actually agree with buying a NIB from Stern and JJP (etc.) as a way of:

1) made in USA (jobs)
    2) support the new pinall machines being made (if Stern doesn't sell enough XM or Tron or ACDC etc.. it will be worse off and is not getting a bail out)

3) if the machines does not live up to the sale price then Stern has a problem (therefore Stern is trying to make machines deserve the price), a pre-sale price of $6600 (including shipping so really more like $6200 for a LE or around $4K for a pro does not seem like a lot when a LOTR or SM would set you back in that neighborhood anyway).

4) Stern has seen the market demand higher price (ie people are throwing out the Tron arcade and replacing it with $250 mod, people are paying $200 for LEDs or shakers or whatever) so Stern may say let us add value (bling whatever) and let us take the higher profit rather than sell a super cut rate $3000 pin which no one would be happy with, they could sell a sub-$4K pin but that was Costco and didn't work, we want the filet mignon not the flank steak and the filet costs more money

5) if people are fed up with high NIB prices, and would rather spend under $4K there are a million pins in the wild they can pick up second hand.

6) don't blame Stern for selling $6K pins when at the same time routed MB or MM are selling for more and Tron LEs are selling for more. If no one wants to pay the price no one is forcing you. But people cry when Stern cuts cost to Costco but cry when they sell high cost LEs can't win either way.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

If your selling, YES, you can get a lot more money by sending to CGC. CGC books sell on the order of about 4x the amount of an ungraded book.

thanks!

#43 11 years ago

I hope this is not the same birdie who showed us preliminary Borg pictures and said it was Avengers. We all know that turned out to be x-men.
    I would be very excited for Avengers also I have always loved comic story lines and characters.

Thanks for the chirp

#44 11 years ago

I'm really glad I bought ACDC. How many super hero themes do we need?

#45 11 years ago

Everyone knows they'll be trying to please everyone with the Avengers, zombies, and army of darkness all in one.

114478-18236-108930-1-marvel-zombies-v.jpg114478-18236-108930-1-marvel-zombies-v.jpg

#46 11 years ago

I guess that will make the wait for Star Trek and a Zombies pin for me a little longer.....not doing Avengers....

#47 11 years ago

The Zen Pinball Avengers table (ps3/xbox) has a cool element where you have different balls for each member of the avengers which scores differently and completes different tasks.

ie.. need hulk ball out to hit certain shot then go and switch to another to do x then y and z.. etc

would be cool if some element of that virtual table made its way to the real one.

#48 11 years ago

I am probably in the minority, but I am really hoping for an Avengers pin that is similar in gameplay to Monster Bash.

I want to recruit and assemble the avengers, then fight some bad guys. There has to be an insane battle type multiball. Magnets as stark's repulsors, gimme a kickback for thor's hammer, a "shield" toy for the captain that blocks the middle drain, or the outlanes. We can just leave hawkeye off of it, yeah....

#49 11 years ago

That would be a good update to the original.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I am probably in the minority, but I am really hoping for an Avengers pin that is similar in gameplay to Monster Bash.
    I want to recruit and assemble the avengers, then fight some bad guys. There has to be an insane battle type multiball. Magnets as stark's repulsors, gimme a kickback for thor's hammer, a "shield" toy for the captain that blocks the middle drain, or the outlanes. We can just leave hawkeye off of it, yeah....

Sounds ideal to me

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pinball-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.