(Topic ID: 15920)

AVENGERS pinball!

By mummite

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NP.jpg
    TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #2 11 years ago

Looks fun. Seems to have a very similar layout to AFM.

#3 11 years ago

All I can say is I saw the movie today and it rocked!! Someone has to make a pinball machine after this movie. Some really cool moments, not overdone action, and great humor. I was afraid Hulk would be a letdown boy was I wrong. Wow. Please make this pinball machine.

#4 11 years ago

Cool. I'll probably get it. Though, I hope they put more thought into some of the quotes. I play with most of the sound off on that Iron Man table.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

All I can say is I saw the movie today and it rocked!!

Dare I say it...
    Best Superhero movie EVER!*
    Saw it at midnight and man was I blown away. It might have been from the lack of sleep or possibly from the whole box of Hot Tamales I consumed but, I was sure amped after lights came back up at 3AM...
    If Stern used half of the Avengers "one-liners", I'd be a very happy camper with the pin.
    Big props to Joss Whedon for spearheading such an epic film.
    Robert Downey Jr. should be nominated for "Best Actor in a Superhero Movie"...
    I can't wait for the Blu-Ray!

*So far... (And YES, I have seen The Dark Knight... It's THAT good! )

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Saw it at midnight

NimblePin, did you see it in 3D? If so, did they do a good job of it?

#7 11 years ago

Yes, even though the film wasn't shot in true "3D" fashion, they did a fantastic job with the effects.
    No after-headache either! (Surprised me too!)
    'Prometheus' in 3D will be a must for sure!
    (I saw the film in "RealD", btw...)

Edit: Like all the newer Marvel films, you'll want to stay seated until ALL the credits are finished.

#8 11 years ago

Excellent! I'm going to the 3D version tomorrow with my wife.

#9 11 years ago

I rented Thor today, and I'm going to start watching it in a few minutes. It's the only Avengers movie I haven't seen yet. I watched Captain America a few nights ago. I thought it was just OK. I'm not surprised that Avengers is so awesome. Joss Whedon is simply brilliant!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Loved it. Up to this point, I thought the last Batman was the best ever. Heath Ledger had the best villain ever. This was the best SUPER HERO movie ever. The other tie in movies helped with the character development, so the movie did not have to spend time on origins.

Finally go the Hulk right. The humor was done just right, and the action kept things moving.

BIG thumbs up. Stern missed a huge opportunity on this. Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor

When people clap at the end of a movie, you know it was well received.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #12 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

NimblePin said:Best Superhero movie EVER!*
    Loved it. Up to this point, I thought the last Batman was the best ever. Heath Ledger had the best villain ever. This was the best SUPER HERO movie ever. The other tie in movies helped with the character development, so the movie did not have to spend time on origins.
    Finally go the Hulk right. The humor was done just right, and the action kept things moving.
    BIG thumbs up. Stern missed a huge opportunity on this. Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor
    When people clap at the end of a movie, you know it was well received.

Nobody missed anything, Stern makes pins on a theme "after" release. Would you rather have a pin based in movie clips of 2 min trailers, or after the blu-ray is out to get the full meal deal ?

Rumor is Gomez has it late this year but it's just rumor. The recent Gomez video interview that was posted a few weeks ago hinted Hulk shaking a playfield

#13 11 years ago

Nice to see more Pinball FX2 tables coming down the pipe to wash away the dissapointing taste of The Pinball Arcade out of my mouth.

I was so looking forward to The Pinball Arcade. I imagined Pinball FX2s DLC format, interface and connectivity, but with real pinball tables. What it eneded up being was a cut rate version of a 2 year old game with some new real tables. Such a wasted opportunity.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Nobody missed anything, Stern makes pins on a theme "after" release. Would you rather have a pin based in movie clips of 2 min trailers, or after the blu-ray is out to get the full meal deal ?

Neither-

There were many pins in the past licensed after movies that sold very well that did not use video clips from the movie: Ex: Addams Family (Art tied it in, Raul Julia did the call outs) Movie clips are a more recent thing and seem like they are more geared towards the LCD technology coming out.

Really understand and know Stern is NOT going to do this, and I can be the only pinball collector in the world that would like to see this, but there were "rumors" that the X-men pin is not going to be movie based, and figured if they were going to experiment with that, at least catch the free promotion/publicity that comes with a new release of the movie and do the Avengers theme first. Just use animation and not rely on video footage.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

badbilly27 said:All I can say is I saw the movie today and it rocked!!

Dare I say it...
    Saw it at midnight and man was I blown away. It might have been from the lack of sleep or possibly from the whole box of Hot Tamales I consumed but, I was sure amped after lights came back up at 3AM...
    If Stern used half of the Avengers "one-liners", I'd be a very happy camper with the pin.
    Robert Downey Jr. should be nominated for "Best Actor in a Superhero Movie"...
    *So far... (And YES, I have seen The Dark Knight... It's THAT good! )

Same here.

I left that movie wanting to buy an Avengers pin.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

whole box of Hot Tamales I consumed

Nimble too funny. I keep a box next to my bedside some times while watching TV shows. Love em!! If you ever come to Chicago Expo I'll play you a friendly game of pinball with the winner getting a box of Hot Tamales.

I watched it in 3D and while some scenes definitely felt like they had more depth to them, there were no special effects I could call out to say "wow definitely do 3D". Just another opinion.

As Nimble, Jim and HighProtein all stated I walked out wanting to buy an Avengers pin, the movie was that good and the possibilities just crazy. JimJim is also right, they got the Hulk so right.

Marvel and Joss just did this movie so right. The tie in's were also masterful. Now, if Warner Brothers could get their head out of their #@! maybe the DC universe could enjoy some great film adaptions besides recent Batman.

ps - As nimble stated, stay ALL the way to the very end until lights go on. There are 2 surprise clips.

pss - I'm not a fan of spiderman redo so close to the other movies. However, latest clip has me going to see the movie.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I agree with you Jason in principle and even if it takes until next year I would still be in. However, I would then expect a much more finished product in first release. I'm not trying to bash Stern, I'm a fan for sure, but can't defend them both ways. I'm all for waiting then to get it right - then please, get it closer to right first run. Just honest opinion.

#18 11 years ago

So I watched Thor last night and really enjoyed it. I'm now ready to see The Avengers. For those of you who have already seen it, would you definitely recommend seeing it in 3D, or does it not really matter. I generally prefer 2D, unless it is something like Hugo or Avatar that simply must be seen in 3D to fully appreciate it.

#19 11 years ago

Downey Jr. would start to rival Arnold for King of the pin title if Avengers comes out.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

So I watched Thor last night and really enjoyed it. I'm now ready to see The Avengers.

Brian you've been on the super hero marathon - good for you. My wife and I did not notice any difference in 3D besides occasional depth - so not like Avatar. IMO.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

Nice to see more Pinball FX2 tables coming down the pipe to wash away the dissapointing taste of The Pinball Arcade out of my mouth.
    I was so looking forward to The Pinball Arcade. I imagined Pinball FX2s DLC format, interface and connectivity, but with real pinball tables. What it eneded up being was a cut rate version of a 2 year old game with some new real tables. Such a wasted opportunity.

Very true. They really overstretched themselves witht the multiple releases and have been sending out broken, underdeveloped releases. They promise more features but I think they are destroying the reputation of the brand right now and I doubt they'll be able to restore it.

That said, I still play them way more than PFX2 because their tables are dull to play.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm not a fan of spiderman redo so close to the other movies.

+1 I thought the Raimi trilogy was fine IMHO.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

badbilly27 said:I'm not a fan of spiderman redo so close to the other movies.
    +1 I thought the Raimi trilogy was fine IMHO.

The Raimi movies were good but this new one looks better and closer to the original comic book. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how good it will be.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Dare I say it...
    Saw it at midnight and man was I blown away. It might have been from the lack of sleep or possibly from the whole box of Hot Tamales I consumed but, I was sure amped after lights came back up at 3AM... []
    Robert Downey Jr. should be nominated for "Best Actor in a Superhero Movie"... []

*So far... (And YES, I have seen The Dark Knight... It's THAT good! [8)] )

Man,I am getting excited to see if Stern does Avengers either the next one or more likely the one after next and possible before the new operating system and LCD that is in the works!! Exciting times to be a pinhead! I like all these pinball companies ( new and old)that are coming up with new pins,competition makes for innovation and better quality and value too.

#25 11 years ago

Avengers was good. Catch it in 3D if possible. Stay till after credits. At least 3 Laugh Out Loud scenes...

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

At least 3 Laugh Out Loud scenes... []

Loki being humiliated by The Hulk was the absolute highlight!!

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Good Gweem,
    It needs to be seen to get the full spectrum of what's going down in 'The Avengers'...
    Plus, who doesn't love Natalie Portman?!?

I agree Jim,
    This was the best Hulk in ages. Mark Ruffalo nailed it!

Attachments NP.jpg (44.1 KB, 0 downloads) 1 day old

Scarlett Johansson I think you mean.......

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from dangermouse007:

spfxted said:At least 3 Laugh Out Loud scenes... []
    Loki being humiliated by he Hulk was the absolute highlight!!

Hulk and thor was another good one - the whole cinema erupted with laughter in these 2 scenes.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

So I watched Thor last night and really enjoyed it. I'm now ready to see The Avengers. For those of you who have already seen it, would you definitely recommend seeing it in 3D, or does it not really matter. I generally prefer 2D, unless it is something like Hugo or Avatar that simply must be seen in 3D to fully appreciate it.

I'd recommend avoiding the 3D. It is another of these post conversion 3D films that Hollywood keeps shoveling out these days. In other words it wasn't filmed in 3D. Whereas a movie such as Avatar was actually filmed in 3D, hence the difference in the quality of the 3D.

There really needs to be a disclaimer on post converted 3D movies so the consumer actually knows what they're buying into.

Save your 3D money for Prometheus. That was actually filmed in 3D and it will show.

#30 11 years ago

spfxted said:At least 3 Laugh Out Loud scenes... []

Yes, that one got the biggest laugh of the film. It was just so funny-violent!

#31 11 years ago

SPOILER ALERT !!

#32 11 years ago

On topic, I'll happily wait on Stern's Avengers/X-Men/Whatever with Zen Avengers, the table looks great, having the member themed balls could make the game very interesting as far as rules and scoring opportunities. What I like most about the console pin sims is the things they do with pinball that you can't do with a real machine. Say with gravity ala the Mars table in Zen. Adding themed balls is hella innovative and could just take rulesets to the next level.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.