320538_10151278251839244_1428583736_n..jpg
photo.PNG
avLE4.jpg
avLE1.jpg
georgeblue.jpg
ruh-ROH.jpg
AvengersLE-Playfield.jpeg
Multi3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider khabbi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#699 11 years ago

I am totally a "LE" kind of guy, I own LOTR LE, X-men LE, Tron LE, but I'm definitely out on the LE version of this game. Pricing and lack of confidence in Stern are two major factors for me. I am still a little sour on the X-men code, and would rather wait this one out and see how it plays and how interesting the code is. If it's a great playing game, I'll spring for a Premium or Pro.

Also, when I look at the premium/LE I just don't get that "WOW" factor for the extras you get over the pro. Anyone else feel that way?

#708 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

Premium = Don't want to take chance on an unproven game and don't want to wait a year for completed code but still want all the features of the LE if the game turns out great.
IMO LE's are for the flippers and those who love the theme enough to jump in without playing first.

+1.

I was in on Tron LE long before any pics or gameplay hit, because I loved the theme. There are certain themes that I would spring for the LE's on no matter what also. If Tron LE ended up being a flop, I wouldn't have cared.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of speculators or flippers that think they are going to get BIBLE or Tron LE prices out of the Hulk later on. Good for them for wanting to take the gamble, but they are buying for the wrong reason. Buying into a pinball machine for an investment is foolish.

But lots of people have the taste of TFLE's, X-MEN LE's, and Avatar LE's left in their mouth and are still approaching with caution. $7K is getting up in the high end pricing range, and is too much to gamble with for me- especially when there will be a premium available with all the same features.

#717 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

If I read one more person lump these three games together I'm going to explode. They are not comparable in art, gameplay, code, or features.

That's not why I lumped them together I lumped them together becuase they are examples of LE's that lost value over time vs ones that increased in value (Tron LE, BIBLE, LTBR, BSM).

#725 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Yep! I liked IM right away though.

+1. I played it at another collectors house and made an offer on the spot.

#726 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The extra orbit gate is a big gameplay change. Changes the whole speed and flow of the game. The same was true on TFLE. Don't forget the light show differences on LE vs pro. You can't just stick in LEDs to the pro to get that either.

So, the question is, do you think it's worth the $2600 or so extra?

#778 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

My gut tells me that AV is gonna be incredible...
Gomez got his ass kicked with TF's...people questioning if he "still has it" etc...
and the bitching about code on TF's as well...
Not to mention the bitching about code with Sten machines in general, which is certailny deserved..
I think Gomez and Stern realize that this previous business model, cant be the norm anymore....
Looks to me Gomez went above and beyond as far as thinking out of the box on this PF...
I would be willing to bet that code is far more finished than previous attemps by Stern...
Gomez has somthing to prove over the TF's fiasco, and stern has something to prove about this code shit...
I feel you will see a pretty complete, and innovative product in this release...
I bet the PF does more cool shit than you can shkle a stick at.....and i think the ruleset possibilities are monumental....
Not to mention the theme ROCKS !
And I for one, am super glad it is based off the movie, as IM is...
If it was based off the comic book, i woulda passed...
Cant wait for the green dude to get here...Yeee Haaa !

So you don't think that Gomez had his hands full as V.P. of development with everything going on with "the pin", X-men problems, and other responsibilities at Stern that are above and beyond designing his own game? Borg and Ritchie only have to worry about designing. I'm just not convinced this is going to be a killer game.. nor do I think it's going to be a flop either... I just prefer to see for myself once the game is released, the initial honeymoon/hype phase is over- and how the game stands then before I jump.

I hear you on thinking the code will be more complete than other recent games, but I'm just not convinced it will be.

1 week later
#901 11 years ago

They started boxing them up yesterday (monday) according to someone I talked to at Stern. Also confirmed that video was being shot today and tomorrow and we will get video at the end of the week if everything goes as planned. I guess we'll see!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider khabbi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pics?tu=khabbi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.