320538_10151278251839244_1428583736_n..jpg
photo.PNG
avLE4.jpg
avLE1.jpg
georgeblue.jpg
ruh-ROH.jpg
AvengersLE-Playfield.jpeg
Multi3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#369 11 years ago

I'm bummed. HUGE comic book fan and own BDK, SM, XMEN, IM, and TRON (I think he's a hero). So excited for Avengers as I loved the movie and the way Marvel built up by introducing most in their own movie. Bit bummed because:

- Hulk cabinet looks cool. However, last I checked, the game is called "Avengers". I also liked the Magneto cabinet but the game was called "Xmen". Comic purist - yes - good grief.
- Backboard with each character and their own flasher looks TF light version IMO.
- Hulk bash toy looks very detailed. But alas, another bash the superhero? Who am I - Loki playing the game? Been there done that.
- All spark making a return because it was soo cooool in the last game. Now we bring back TOTAN lamp toy. Been there sold that.
- Playfield looks meh. And this pains me. As a comparison - first time I saw IM (theme I also love) with Monger, whiplash magnet, two ramps - in like flynn. The "all spark" in me lit up and said buy, buy, buy. What am I shooting for in this? Hulk target to smash the hero? a cosmic spinner? The outlanes look the coolest. BUT - you really have to see video or play to tell for sure. Some elements look cool like ramp that goes up, Hulk hits back, right outlane with gate that allows up ramp - back into shooter lane or outer loop I think.
- Ramps look cool with arrow look and Hulk toy well done - but overall it looks cheap to me. I'm sorry, I said it. Look at WOZ toys - Witch, crystal, dancing trees, house, flying monkey, LCD - screams attention to detail. At least it looks like it could be worth 8K. One nice hulk toy and metal ramps does not a ~$8K game make.
- No voice from movies. Really? Such a great movie and tracks. I'm not sold entirely on voice actors, could go cool and could go terribly wrong. So much of a gamble with a licensed theme. I was looking forward to the voice clips from the movie by the original actors. Just sends up caution flag.

I likely will bow out of the LE and wait til next year for possibly a premium based on gameplay. I'm not into bling but want all the features if I were to go in. Right now, I feel like when I saw TF (love theme there too) playfield, I backed out after I was certain I would buy. Glad I pulled out. I still don't care for that game. My gut just doesn't feel right on this one. Not pissing on anyone's leg, but so far color me disappointed.

#432 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There is already a HULK pinball machine (as you probably know).

Yup, but thank you. My comment was intended to convey "Avengers" is about well, all the Avengers not just Hulk. While visually cool, I don't like the signaling out of one character with cabinet art and colors. Otherwise, just make a Hulk pinball machine (number 2) and put Avengers on the shelf. Comic purist.

#444 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

They did that with X-men. It worked then or was that bad as a purist as well? I don't follow comics so I really don't know.

As a purist, I was bummed then too. I own a XMen LE Wolverine (I enjoy it) but really prefer the Pro cabinet and translite treatment. Magento and Wolverine both look cool visually but it's an "Xmen" machine not Magneto/Wolverine. I would have bought a Rogue version though.

Same with TF. Decepticon and Autobot. Blah. It's a "Transformers" pin. The combo I would accept but not each one separately. That's just me - I know others enjoyed that twist.

I still debate every time I play my Xmen Wolverine LE if I should call a distributor and order a Pro Xmen translite.

#496 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You are a "comic purist" complaining about Jim Lee Wolverine art? Okeedokie.

Missed the point. Jim Lee rocks - game is not about Wolverine or Magneto but XMen. If there was a Charles Xavier backglass and side art - you'd be pumped about that?

#497 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I was a kid that followed cartoons between 1972 and 1980 and don't remember anything substantial with Capt. America. From TV clearly remember the Justice League and all their characters, Spider-Man, the Hulk, and that is about it for TV. I also watched the old Batman and Robin TV series and Hulk TV series.

You don't remember Capt America TV show with the motor bike in the back of the van?

#590 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I guess others have noticed that the Avengers in the hexagon on the lower area of the playfield appear to be a holographic/3D image of some sort.

It does look like a holographic image. I hope it's better than the Tron backglass. Loved the idea but mine had imperfections that ruined the effect.

3 weeks later
#921 11 years ago

Oops wrong pic. The Tesserex and outlane through me off - sorry. Pin-Transformers-Top-01a.JPGPin-Transformers-Top-01a.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pics?tu=badbilly27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.