320538_10151278251839244_1428583736_n..jpg
photo.PNG
avLE4.jpg
avLE1.jpg
georgeblue.jpg
ruh-ROH.jpg
AvengersLE-Playfield.jpeg
Multi3.jpeg
There are 940 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.
#401 11 years ago

i like that the pro has drop targets.its been some time since stern put drop targets on a pro model game. other than a single drop target like on bdk.

#402 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thank goodness for Jpop and BHZA...

...if you want games in 2016 for $10k-$16k ...kind of a false comparison...lol ...some people want new games now, whatchagonna do...

#403 11 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

But Gary, at SPF, repeated to no end, "....we are not designers, we are manufacturers"

Funny, I watched Gary at SPF and I don't remember him saying anything remotely like that even once let alone repeating it!

#404 11 years ago

I think I am in on a Hulk. For 2 reasons.

1. My son's favorite entity on Earth is Hulk. I was always and still am a big Hulk fan, myself. But my kid will shit a brick if I can put a Hulk machine in the gameroom for Christmas.

2. I dig the PF layout, even though I don't quite get it yet. All I know is that it doesn't look like anything Stern has produced in years. A little IM, a little TF, a little XM, a little LOTR. Long shots. Won't be clunky, for sure. I got nothing in the gameroom like it, that is for sure. I like that.

#405 11 years ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

Bottom-line not enough bang for my buck with Stern. Jersey Jack has opened the door to new pinball innovation . $8000.00 + FOR A LE Avengers ...........WHY ?

It is not even near that expensive from the good distributors like Gexchange. I know that from personal experience.

#406 11 years ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

MSRP FOR ECLEWOZ Early buy-in 6500.00 REG PRICE 7500.00.

Apples and Oranges.

#407 11 years ago

The only chance now of me buying a stern is a Star Trek (rumored to be next imoh) or a star wars now that disney owns them. I live 20 minutes from Jack and I am going to go with a WOZ. I refuse to pay top dollar for a cheap product. I bought an x-men pro which i enjoy but it just feels so cheap. Stern if u built a good product i would buy every game, but i am done. Charge more money for a cheaper product. You are not fooling me again. I really hope WOZ is a great game, because it looks amazing and the time was put into from a development and financial perspective.

#408 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

1. My son's favorite entity on Earth is Hulk. I was always and still am a big Hulk fan, myself. But my kid will shit a brick if I can put a Hulk machine in the gameroom for Christmas.
2. I dig the PF layout, even though I don't quite get it yet. All I know is that it doesn't look like anything Stern has produced in years. A little IM, a little TF, a little XM, a little LOTR. Long shots. Won't be clunky, for sure. I got nothing in the gameroom like it, that is for sure. I like that.

Great analysis considering just being able to see certain parts of the game and not yet knowing all of the functionality of the different sections of the game.
I am also observing how different it will be from my games (LOTR and SM, plus WOZ eventually).
I also went with the HULK and think it will sell out quickly with the exception of the distributors that hoard them like Automated.

#409 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Funny, I watched Gary at SPF and I don't remember him saying anything remotely like that even once let alone repeating it!

I was there and he did say that. Maybe you are thinking of Jack's speak.

#410 11 years ago

I'm in for Hulk as well. Looks gorgeous to me.

I am concerned about the code. Very concerned.

#411 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Could not agree more! I basically said the same to Gary at IAAPA. They should go a small screen with the same aspect ratio as a normal wide laptop to take advantage of industry standard/mass production pricing. Basically the same width as a DMD but a little taller. The huge screen in JJP pins is a major turn off to me. I want a translite/backglass!!
Small screens on or in the playfield is also a great idea!

Only time will tell. Our generation is not use to playing pinball and watching movie cutscenes but the next generation (30 and younger) are use to elaborate cutscenes (mini movies) between levels or in this case rule accomplishment. It might not be for us but the future of pinball will depend on it if it is going to tap into the newer generation.

#412 11 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I'm in for Hulk as well. Looks gorgeous to me.
I am concerned about the code. Very concerned.

I think they have learned from the XM debacle. Talked to a few people that have played Avengers already, and they have all confirmed that Avengers is further along on code now than XM, even before the release.

#413 11 years ago

Speaking of Automated, they have a bargain price on the "last Lotr Le" for $9245....how about that, and the final SM NIB for $7999 that's been advertised as such for the last year....

And looks like all the models of recent Sterns have made their way onto the showroom floor at a bargain price of 6995 to 7295....

#414 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think they have learned from the XM debacle. Talked to a few people that have played Avengers already, and they have all confirmed that Avengers is further along on code now than XM, even before the release.

I don't think anyone has answered this- who is doing the code for Avengers?

#415 11 years ago

I'm bored. JPOP, do not let us down.

#416 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

So what are the players thought of the game.

#417 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If that's the case, then it just goes to show that Stern does not give a shit about it's customers, period. It's all about keeping the cash flow coming in, but they forget that the ones they burn are the ones looking to buy their next pin. Just a bad business model IMO.

#418 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I don't think anyone has answered this- who is doing the code for Avengers?

Lonnie

#419 11 years ago

It looks like the Pro will be a damn good game as it is.

The main differences in the higher model:
Arrow cross over ramp++ No biggie.
Thor drop targets++ You get the HULK main drop targets.
Hulk smash ramp++ Again no biggie you still get the ragging mechanical/moving hulk and magnet action.

The Pro will support a shaker as they all do.
I'd go Pro.

#420 11 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Only time will tell. Our generation is not use to playing pinball and watching movie cutscenes but the next generation (30 and younger) are use to elaborate cutscenes (mini movies) between levels or in this case rule accomplishment. It might not be for us but the future of pinball will depend on it if it is going to tap into the newer generation.

You can still do that on a moderate size LCD. No need for the big dorky LCD that takes up most of the backbox and eliminates a translite or backglass...

#421 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

If that's the case, then it just goes to show that Stern does not give a shit about it's customers, period. It's all about keeping the cash flow coming in, but they forget that the ones they burn are the ones looking to buy their next pin. Just a bad business model IMO.

I disagree. They put the kids on XM, and that game is a monster, code-wise. It was ambitious and they probably should have had Lyman on that code. But they wanted the entusiastic video game kids on it, and it will end up right. XM was the biggest project, as far as rules, that Stern took on since LOTR. Keith was seasoned. Waison and Co. aren't. Be patient.

#422 11 years ago

6 ball multiball also

#423 11 years ago

Maybe I will trade down my XMLE for XM Pro + Avengers Pro... Hrm...

But first, I will wait for XMLE code update.

#424 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think they have learned from the XM debacle.

You mean they didn't learn their lesson with AC/DC?
Or Tron?
Or Transformers?
Or Batman?
Or WOF?
Or Spider-Man?
Or WPT?

#425 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I ordered one as well. Yes, just a few days ago I did say I was tired of superhero pins, but I do things on a whim from time to time. Currently I have no interest in Metallica,Hobbit,WOZ or Star Trek so ... what the hell. Besides, I'll bet it will look nice next to Predator.

#426 11 years ago

And LED's.

#427 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

- Hulk cabinet looks cool. However, last I checked, the game is called "Avengers".

There is already a HULK pinball machine (as you probably know). hulk.jpghulk.jpg

#428 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I disagree. They put the kids on XM, and that game is a monster, code-wise. It was ambitious and they probably should have had Lyman on that code. But they wanted the entusiastic video game kids on it, and it will end up right. XM was the biggest project, as far as rules, that Stern took on since LOTR. Keith was seasoned. Waison and Co. aren't. Be patient.

So with that reasoning we should expect Avengers and WOZ to have a near complete code. Sounds like sound logic to me. I like it.

#429 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Can't promise that you'll get 6500, but try Trent, Gexchange, etc. None of those guys are going to charge 8k if you preorder an LE. Anyone spouting off about that is just wrong.

Seems like $7,000 is the lowest cost getting thrown around for Avengers, $7,500 for Hobbit.

#430 11 years ago

Given the fact that there will be a premium model, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to pre-order an LE unless:

A) Money is no object.

or

B) You are a huge comic fan and want to splurge on something collectible.

To me, it is much more logical to wait and see how the game plays. If it turns out to be awesome, then you can grab a premium for substantially less money. If you end up absolutely loving the game, you can always pick up an LE later down the road. It's not like they won't be available. You'll just have to pay up.

#431 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

So with that reasoning we should expect Avengers and WOZ to have a near complete code. Sounds like sound logic to me. I like it.

Well, Keith has had enough time, now hasn't he?

#432 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There is already a HULK pinball machine (as you probably know).

Yup, but thank you. My comment was intended to convey "Avengers" is about well, all the Avengers not just Hulk. While visually cool, I don't like the signaling out of one character with cabinet art and colors. Otherwise, just make a Hulk pinball machine (number 2) and put Avengers on the shelf. Comic purist.

#433 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

He said it. There is a video on Youtube.

#434 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Keeping the cash coming in is the only business model that matters.

Otherwise .... You are buggered.

Dave.

#435 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Why must you drag every post down. I agreed with you and you have to say anything negative you can?

#436 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

WOZ will be done before WOF.

#437 11 years ago

Another thing to consider is that probably half of the LE's will be shipped off to Europe which leaves very few chances to play one here in the wild.

#438 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Yup, but thank you. My comment was intended to convey "Avengers" is about well, all the Avengers not just Hulk. While visually cool, I don't like the signaling out of one character with cabinet art and colors. Otherwise, just make a Hulk pinball machine (number 2) and put Avengers on the shelf. Comic purist.

They did that with X-men. It worked then or was that bad as a purist as well? I don't follow comics so I really don't know.

#439 11 years ago

Why must you drag every post down. I agreed with you and you have to say anything negative you can?

Because he's a Stern fanboy that slings mud any chance he gets at JJP.

#440 11 years ago

To be quite honest, when you consider that a Black Spiderman was several thousand dollars less just a few years ago, it seems almost absurd to keep asking for more cash??? The trim level and back-glass is the same.... The components are a regurgitation of the same ten parts used for the past decade +.... The technology / quality has not evolved unless I am missing something....
I have purchased SEVERAL NIB Stern pins.... The excitement is due to the infusion of new tables to a product hungry hobby... I love getting new games but this sh*t is pissing me off... Jersey Jack wants a boat load of our money to sit on for years, however, it seems like he is attempting to advance technology. Then Stern just keeps doing drive by shootings looking each time for a bigger score... Sad thing is that I will probably end up buying one just the same...

Sorry for the rant.... I just feel like there has to be a cap on what you charge for a sand dial....

#441 11 years ago

Seems like $7,000 is the lowest cost getting thrown around for Avengers, $7,500 for Hobbit.

Remember when WOZ was announced years ago with pricing of $6500. People were frantic. Now it's a bargain. Same will go with Hobbit in July 2014 when Hobbit gets released.

I do miss the days of NIB Sterns shipped $3850. TSPP, Spidey, FGY, BDK, IM those were the days.

#442 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

My comment was intended to convey "Avengers" is about well, all the Avengers not just Hulk. While visually cool, I don't like the signaling out of one character with cabinet art and colors. Otherwise, just make a Hulk pinball machine (number 2) and put Avengers on the shelf. Comic purist.

It is probably something along the lines of :

a. having some legal entanglement with the old game name (if you can't make money, sue somebody).
b. the licensee would have charged for a full extra license to just do HULK.
c. the design team just loves the HULK more than any other character.
d. while there are more Avenger movies on the horizon, there are no further HULK movies announced.
e. .......

#443 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Because he's a Stern fanboy that slings mud any chance he gets at JJP.

There's the blind leading the blind. That's what I pay my admission to see. Step right up, folks.

#444 11 years ago

They did that with X-men. It worked then or was that bad as a purist as well? I don't follow comics so I really don't know.

As a purist, I was bummed then too. I own a XMen LE Wolverine (I enjoy it) but really prefer the Pro cabinet and translite treatment. Magento and Wolverine both look cool visually but it's an "Xmen" machine not Magneto/Wolverine. I would have bought a Rogue version though.

Same with TF. Decepticon and Autobot. Blah. It's a "Transformers" pin. The combo I would accept but not each one separately. That's just me - I know others enjoyed that twist.

I still debate every time I play my Xmen Wolverine LE if I should call a distributor and order a Pro Xmen translite.

#445 11 years ago

Grabbed a Hulk from JJ at game exchange. I'm pretty new to the hobby only owning a scared stiff and have WOZ on order. I personally wanted a movie themed game room since it goes with my basement theater. So i was awaiting to see this pin since it fit the bill. At 8k I decided not to pull the trigger but got a much better price so figured why not. Figured worse case scenario if I dont like it I can probally sell it a year from now for most all that i have in it if not a bit more. Worst case IMO is maybe i lose 500 bucks on the deal but id rent a pin for a year for 500 its 10 bucks a week. I know they seem to be going quickly. Hulk is definately selling faster.

#446 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

As a purist, I was bummed then too. I own a XMen LE Wolverine (I enjoy it) but really prefer the Pro cabinet and translite treatment. Magento and Wolverine both look cool visually but it's an "Xmen" machine not Magneto/Wolverine. I would have bought a Rogue version though.

You are a "comic purist" complaining about Jim Lee Wolverine art? Okeedokie.

#447 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It is probably something along the lines of :
a. having some legal entanglement with the old game name (if you can't make money, sue somebody).
b. the licensee would have charged for a full extra license to just do HULK.
c. the design team just loves the HULK more than any other character.
d. while there are more Avenger movies on the horizon, there are no further HULK movies announced.
e. .......

After Hulk said "puny God" in the Avengers movie it was all over. Hulk's status as a superhero grew exponentially. That is why the Hulk LE will sell out quickly and distributors will hoard some.
Plus Hulk has been mainstream in more decades than any of the other main Avengers or XMEN character.

#448 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

WOZ will be done before WOF.

TF, ACDC, XM and Avengers will be done before we even see Hobbit PF art. Your point?

#449 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You can still do that on a moderate size LCD. No need for the big dorky LCD that takes up most of the backbox and eliminates a translite or backglass...

Agree it is not the size but how you use it (right ladies),but these dot matrix DMD's are 20 plus old technology. It is time to evolve. My phone has a better screen at 1/100 the price.

#450 11 years ago

Hmmm...was totally sold on wanting this game. But now it looks as if getting in on the pre-order list for Hobbit might be a better way to go. I was figuring on getting rid of Magneto LE for it, but now that does not look like such a great idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 940 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pics/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.