320538_10151278251839244_1428583736_n..jpg
photo.PNG
avLE4.jpg
avLE1.jpg
georgeblue.jpg
ruh-ROH.jpg
AvengersLE-Playfield.jpeg
Multi3.jpeg
There are 940 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.
#301 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I think a movie themed pin with custom call outs is VERY cool and I've heard the call outs and speech. It really makes a much better pinball then just some audio rip from a movie.

Yeah, if done right...but Stern usually isn't that great when it comes to custom voices. Batman = Terrible. Transformers = Terrible. Ironman kinda worked...you had movie quotes mixed with customs from a good Jarvis soundalike and Random McMilitaryDude. X-Men is partially good - but you've got ShittyBeast and ScreachyStorm in the mix. If the actors and writing is good, then yeah - custom can totally work. So - you think the soundalikes for the Avengers sounded like the real actors? Downey's tough to imitate, so I'd be impressed if they got it right. Is there a Sam Jackson voice?

Quoted from mechslave:

Maybe he means custom speech by the real actors, ala Rhys-Davies in LOTR. Now that would be a huge plus.

I just learned from a fellow Pinsider that the custom voices in LOTR & IJ were actually a Rhys-Davies soundalike!!! So, I guess it's possible to find good custom actors. I actually thought the Depp soundalike and Shrek soundalikes were good...so - hey, there's a shot they'll get this one right.

Quoted from vid1900:

No, this is cool.
Remember STTNG?

STTNG was the real actors from the show. This won't be the real actors from the movie.

#302 11 years ago

Regarding the 4 vs 6 ball: They mostly drain quick and your down to 3 or 2 quickly. I'm not hung up on this. I think the Pro looks solid and am getting tired of the cross over. I'd actually prefer my ACDC premium not have it cuz I'd like to choose weather or not to load the cannon. Definitely looking forward to some game play and seeing how the rules and speech are.

#303 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

No sir, i don't like it.
I thought competition was supposed to bring prices down, not up?

The market keeps supporting the price. They're looking for a ceiling. Obviously they are selling out so they'll keep going up until sales suffer.

#304 11 years ago

It looks like Loki is under the playfield in front of Hulk and gets smashed up and down by Hulk.
Love the targets that are tucked back on the right, and the ball lock too! Looks like a hell of a good pin to me.

#305 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Anyone know why they did different cab head styles?

cause jjp made something different. just joking... meh!

extra wood for extra money?

#306 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This won't be the real actors from the movie.

You have 100% confirmation on this, yes?

#307 11 years ago

I mentioned a while back it would have been cool to have Colson doing the custom speech. Stern hasn't paid an actual actor from the film/show of the game since Avatar.

#308 11 years ago

Voice actors in the Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes cartoon are really really good. They use those I think everyone will be happy. I know Ironman sounds quite a bit like RDJ, and the others either sound like the actors themselves, or much better imo.

#309 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is there a Sam Jackson voice?

Dave Chappelle will do the voice of Samuel Jackson.

#310 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You have 100% confirmation on this, yes?

Are you kidding me? You think Stern is going to get those guys to do custom call outs?

Vid, I thought you were smarter than that.

#311 11 years ago

I also remember Beast and Storm in X-men. But with X-men they could get away with it because it's not based on the movies, it was based off the broader comic theme. With Avengers it's the movie, so why go with a voice actor? When I hit Iron Man mode, I want to hear Robert Downey Jr's voice, just like in the Iron Man pin.

#312 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Are you kidding me? You think Stern is going to get those guys to do custom call outs?

OK, so no confirmation....

#313 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

why not take it from the movie? thats what they did (most of it) with lord of the rings. and the rest was from the original actors.

#314 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just learned from a fellow Pinsider that the custom voices in LOTR & IJ were actually a Rhys-Davies soundalike!!! So, I guess it's possible to find good custom actors. I actually thought the Depp soundalike and Shrek soundalikes were good...so - hey, there's a shot they'll get this one right.

Seriously? KEF confirm? That's outstanding soundalike work in LOTR then. I stand corrected then, doesn't matter who does it so long as its done well. But yeah, custom sound alike stuff hasn't been done very well on a few titles... Like you, I cringe at the thought of the SJ and RDJr sound alike work, but could be good stuff, never know. I didn't like Deppalike, but the Rhys-Daviesalike (if that's true) is wickedly good obviously because I was completely fooled.

#315 11 years ago

Many actors enjoy doing pinball voiceover work, just because it's pinball.

You read back in the Williams days about actors even giving suggestions and lines not on their scripts because they enjoyed the idea.

#316 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You read back in the Williams days about actors even giving suggestions and lines not on their scripts because they enjoyed the idea.

Ahhh the Williams days......those were the DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#317 11 years ago

Lol I know that hulk green color and I have it in stock. For those of you with pro's who want green let me know. Ill Do a group shoot of hulk LE green powder. image.jpgimage.jpg

#318 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

OK, so no confirmation....

With 99.9% certainty, I can say that Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hackeye, Capt Am will not have the real actors doing custom speech.

#319 11 years ago

How much more do you think it costs Stern to make the LE over the PRO version?

I understand charging a premium on an LE but $2600 more. Seems like gouging your best and most loyal customers.

What do the rest of you think?

#320 11 years ago

To early to judge. Can't wait to see some video and play it. Over all looks really nice.

#321 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They also enjoy it because it's the easiest paycheck they could ever ask for.

#322 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

With 99.9% certainty, I can say that Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hackeye, Capt Am will not have the real actors doing custom speech.

Still no confirmation though.

When you make a factual statement, you have to know 100%, not 99%.

You can hurt reputations and lose Stern business when you make a possibly false statement.

#323 11 years ago

I love how original the layout is. Infinitely more interesting than the snoozer WOZ layout. Hulk toy seems to have great potential. Art is a mixed bag. I'm very interested to see how this plays.

#324 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So you're saying' there's a chance.

#325 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

They also enjoy it because it's the easiest paycheck they could ever ask for.

Sure. Stephanie Rogers got $50 for her voice in BOP.

#326 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sure. Stephanie Rogers got $50 for her voice in BOP.

Who? lol

#327 11 years ago

Who? lol

Stephanie Rogers - singer, actress, MILF

artist-image-hm5.jpgartist-image-hm5.jpg

#328 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

thank you for saying what needed to be said
the avengers animated tv show has good voices, obv with such a big license i would have guessed taking movie clips was going to happen but if the custom voices sound good more power to them. that gimli "imitation" sounds fishy but if its true just goes to show how great custom actors can be!

#329 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Honestly the game is going to get beat to hell with the ball crossing the drop target path. The ball is going to stick there as well as chew that area up badly.

I was thinking the same thing. Can you say "drac trac"?

#330 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Ummm, no...not for me at least.

#332 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd certainly put my pinballs in her mou... Nevermind

#333 11 years ago

Dont like the theme, i dont find it a very good looking pin.

But i think gameplay wise this could be a winner. Many long shots, and some interesting shots.

If the code is ace this will be a very fun game i think.

#334 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Okay, well I was referring to actual movie stars, you know, the ones that make a living off of acting. They love voiceover work for video games and crap, takes them less than a day, and they make a decent chunk of change (a lot more than $50, lol).

#335 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

More like 1 in a million.

#336 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just learned from a fellow Pinsider that the custom voices in LOTR & IJ were actually a Rhys-Davies soundalike!!! So, I guess it's possible to find good custom actors.

STTNG was the real actors from the show. This won't be the real actors from the movie.

So ipdb is wrong and I've been mislead this whole time? I still think its truly Rhys-Davies especially in IJ, unless this can be truly confirmed.

As for Stern being cheap as hell with this sort of stuff, I think bad sound/voices will basically ruin Avengers for me. This pin should have voice clips from the movie, plus one hired actor from the movie doing custom pin call outs. I don't think Stern has done this since Avatar. Stephen Lang is pretty awesome in that pin.

#338 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

So ipdb is wrong and I've been mislead this whole time? I still think its truly Rhys-Davies especially in IJ, unless this can be truly confirmed.

man if thats not him it's pretty damn good!

#339 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ummm, no...not for me at least.

Take a chance, you might like women after all.

J/K

I bet she was something back in the 80s during the BOP days.

#340 11 years ago
Quoted from GameJunkie:

How much more do you think it costs Stern to make the LE over the PRO version?
I understand charging a premium on an LE but $2600 more. Seems like gouging your best and most loyal customers.
What do the rest of you think?

You're not paying for materials. You're paying for a collectible. They're making these games for people who spend $10k-$15k on restored MM and AFM. You're buying 1 of 250 limited machines...compared to those other games, it's a bargain!

That being said, of course we'd all love it if these games were cheaper...as crazy as it sounds, Avengers would be more of an "impulse buy" for me if it was priced like TFLE or Tron LE were (mid 5k) ...As it keeps climbing, I really have to play it first or see it in action in a video and see if it really speaks to me, ya know?

I kinda want a game w/ some toys/features that AREN'T a bash toy character. Especially a hero. Why am I bashing a hero? It was weird with Mick Jagger, Optimus Prime, X-Men, and now this. It's nice that he has lots of animated movement and has multiple aspects ( drop targets, saucer launch, magnet, lifts ramp). I'm ready for something ENTIRELY different though.

#341 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

hank527 said:

Honestly the game is going to get beat to hell with the ball crossing the drop target path. The ball is going to stick there as well as chew that area up badly.

Those drops have extended heads on them that make the bridge across the gap.

Think of the drop that blocks the multiball ramp in Space Shuttle. The balls don't get stuck in this very heavily traveled area because the drop is made for that kind of purpose.

#342 11 years ago

Bashing Hulk makes some sense, gotta make him angry!

#343 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Bashing Hulk makes some sense, gotta make him angry!

He's always angry.

#344 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

This pin should have voice clips from the movie, plus one hired actor from the movie doing custom pin call outs. I don't think Stern has done this since Avatar. Stephen Lang is pretty awesome in that pin.

They got THE REAL Steve Ritchie for AC/DC!!!!

#345 11 years ago

not bad for movie comic....but for that kind of money...and to be honest,,anything with a magnet gives me shivers.....its hard to shake off that feeling after xmen

#346 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As long as we don't find out it was a cover band!

#347 11 years ago

I've always been told it was Rhys and the kid that played Frodo who did the actual voice over for the LOTR, can't see how 'a pinsider told me' would change that to false. But for the avengers the call outs have to be good to make the pin work. The toys have to be durable but otherwise who cares when you're focused on the ball moving around? I think the key will be an approachable yet deep ruleset with a flow that feels smooth and intentional and not random or too tight. At least to be fun for ME lol How soon will we see one on location? I travel all over so I'm dying to see if I can find one soon (sure can't see SLC getting any on location soon )

#348 11 years ago

Actually, just comparing this to "The Pin"'s layout, they're almost the same.. placement of the spinning cube, placement of the changing lanes, the pop bumpers, the ball lock

lol!

I see what you did there, Gomez...

#349 11 years ago

Playfield artwork is dead. Get a shovel.

#350 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They should have got the real devil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 940 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pics/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.