Topic Stats

• 940 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gerry
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 42 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pin-Transformers-Top-01a.JPG
544054_10151288232689244_387422948_n.jpg
Avengers.png
Hulk.png
ww3.png
ww2.png
ww1.png
74222_10151280048424244_1872412836_n.png
320538_10151278251839244_1428583736_n..jpg
photo.PNG
avLE4.jpg
avLE1.jpg
georgeblue.jpg
ruh-ROH.jpg
AvengersLE-Playfield.jpeg
Multi3.jpeg

There are 940 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.
#901 6 years ago

They started boxing them up yesterday (monday) according to someone I talked to at Stern. Also confirmed that video was being shot today and tomorrow and we will get video at the end of the week if everything goes as planned. I guess we'll see!!

#902 6 years ago

shooting video

I think that is lighting from the apron

544054_10151288232689244_387422948_n.jpg

#903 6 years ago

Or a spotlight sticking up off the lane guide.

#904 6 years ago

Huge Hulk sized thanks to JJ . Got me number 5. Should be here Soon !

#905 6 years ago

Or inbuilt led spot lights /Strips mounted in the apron ?
Which would be a great way to throw more light on the PF .

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes, I think that is what it is. There is one on both sides of the apron, these replace the spots on the slings.

#907 6 years ago

Also heard from a distributor today that they should be getting their stock in late this week or early next week.

Lets get that video out now Stern so those of us on the fence can make up our minds, one way or the other, based on reasonable information.

#908 6 years ago

Hulk sound clip ?

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Also heard from a distributor today that they should be getting their stock in late this week or early next week.
Lets get that video out now Stern so those of us on the fence can make up our minds, one way or the other, based on reasonable information.

Agreed. I really want to hear the voice work.

#910 6 years ago

No luck so far. Looks like we have to be content with the picture of them videoing the game for today. Maybe Hulk tomorrow and video thursday or friday.

#911 6 years ago

Hulk should sound like this "Hulk Smash!!!!"

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Agreed. I really want to hear the voice work.

Yup. Me too. And get a feel for the flow and rules. I love the theme, and think the music sounds pretty good. Playfield layout looks different. Still not thrilled by the look of the playfield, but its ok.

Voices need to sound like the actors. If its like Batman DK, I would have some serious concerns. POTC quality would be aok with me. I think the voice actor who did J Depp in the POTC pin did a great job.

#913 6 years ago

They will want to do post production on the video. They will not release raw footage.

1 week later
#914 6 years ago

bump

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Hulk should sound like this "Hulk Smash!!!!"

It actually sounds like this. His voice overpowers the game during the Hulk multi ball. It's pretty impressive listening to him call out the jackpots.

On the LE...he really beats the ball up.

#916 6 years ago

I might be a little behind the threads here but, did they ever say if they (Stern) were going to fix/move the PRO PF's (Captain America/Hawkeye) inserts before release? Or is everyone stuck with the high placement?

#917 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

shooting video

I missed this.. They Installed lighting to function as spot lite in the apron to clean up the appearance on the LE's. No more spotlights blocking your views.

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I might be a little behind the threads here but, did they ever say if they (Stern) were going to fix/move the PRO PF's (Captain America/Hawkeye) inserts before release? Or is everyone stuck with the high placement?

I have been emailing GG about this and the placement is going to stay as is, he sent me a video from the perspective of the players eyes and you can see all 4 inserts but not the red arrow. He said that there is no intention of changing as a large production run was made as well as the art screens.

We are stuck with the high placement inserts.

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I missed this.. They Installed lighting to function as spot lite in the apron to clean up the appearance on the LE's. No more spotlights blocking your views.

I am getting a pro, I would be interested in a few photos of the front of the apron and under the apron next time anyone has these off to see how the LE's are wired in. Could be a good Pro Mod.

#920 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

We are stuck with the high placement inserts.

Thanks for the update Swinks.
Too bad it wasn't just a fluke on a couple of the test machines. *sigh*
Great job Stern!

#921 6 years ago

Oops wrong pic. The Tesserex and outlane through me off - sorry. Pin-Transformers-Top-01a.JPG

#922 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Oops wrong pic. The Tesserex and outlane through me off - sorry.

Having played this last friday i can say its plays good just looks like 500 bucks worth is all. But it does shoot good.

#923 6 years ago

I played a few games today and had an interesting mode start up, Hawkeye vs. Black Widow. The playfield went mostly dark and the Hawkeye and Black Widow shots were lit.
Unfortunately, I flailed around, hit some posts and drained

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Thanks for the update Swinks.
Too bad it wasn't just a fluke on a couple of the test machines. *sigh*
Great job Stern!

here is that video from GG

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I played a few games today and had an interesting mode start up, Hawkeye vs. Black Widow. The playfield went mostly dark and the Hawkeye and Black Widow shots were lit.
Unfortunately, I flailed around, hit some posts and drained

I got there. Flailed too. I also got capt. America versus Loki. Another flail! Have no idea what I should have done.

#926 6 years ago

Question regarding the Avengers General Illumination, Is this the same as X-Men?
As do they change colour etc? or just stay the same through out.

Thanks

#927 6 years ago

They change color. All green for hulk. Red for black widow...yellow and red for IM, etc. it's quite striking.

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

They change color. All green for hulk. Red for black widow...yellow and red for IM, etc. it's quite striking.

Thanks TFA, Not may Videos to watch atm, while waiting for my Avengers LE to arrive mid to late Jan.

#929 6 years ago

I tried to video my son playing a Hulk multiball but didn't get the iPad going in time. He was ecstatic. Literally hopping up and down screaming during what seemed to be a 5 ball multiball.

#930 6 years ago

I'm uploading 1.2 code today....I'll have my daughter video me playing and ill upload it.

#931 6 years ago

What is happening on you guys machine when you hit the captain america loop? Does it loop the ball all the way around to the right flipper or does it hit one of the posts on the right side of the playfield sending it into the sling area?

#932 6 years ago

Usually right flipper...and FAST...but slow shots occasionally do what you're saying.

#933 6 years ago

Usually right flipper...and FAST...but slow shots occasionally do what you're saying.

I may need to make some slight adjustment on my machine.

#934 6 years ago

Dcfan brought up balls out of the pops coming down, bouncing off the right sling and going straight to left outlane. That could definitely use an adjustment. Is your CA shot doing that?

#935 6 years ago

Dcfan brought up balls out of the pops coming down, bouncing off the right sling and going straight to left outlane. That could definitely use an adjustment. Is your CA shot doing that?

Yours does that as well, right? I think it is designed that way on purpose.
I moved the outlanes in and that has made the drains from the shooter not a big issue.

#936 6 years ago

Yeah, it happens. Now I give it a well timed push off the sling to combat it, but its ez to forget!

#937 6 years ago

Yeah, it happens. Now I give it a well timed push off the sling to combat it, but its ez to forget!

I think Stern shipped the game as a tournament ready beast. With the outlane posts moved in it is still a hard game.

#938 6 years ago

I've played all my games the way I got them...and usually the lanes are favourable to the player. Avengers is wide open and I'm going to leave it that way....so I'll be tournament ready!

#939 6 years ago

Did Gerry get his game? Where is his review?

#940 6 years ago

Not yet...

Tracking says tomarow, not sure what time it will hit town though...

The distributor chose R&L... their tracking info kinda sucks, so it anybodys guess...

My luck it will show in my town friday, but it will be too late to pick it up anyway, and i will have to wait till monday with it sitting less than 2 miles from the house...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Hill, TX
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woonsocket, RI
There are 940 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside