320538_10151278251839244_1428583736_n..jpg
photo.PNG
avLE4.jpg
avLE1.jpg
georgeblue.jpg
ruh-ROH.jpg
AvengersLE-Playfield.jpeg
Multi3.jpeg
There are 940 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 19.
#751 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Yeah,
I can see that happening.
Still, I'd like to think those blue versions will be hanging around for a while. Not to say that it's ugly or anything but, yeah- it kinda is. Especially with Loki's ginormous face at the very top! Kinda makes Alec Baldwin's mug look halfway decent, no?
A Chrome, candy red, or even a black nickel trim, would have jived much better with the art IMHO. The blue T-molding (like the green) being four to five shades lighter, looks out of place.
We haven't even seen the Premium translite yet...
Who knows what lurks in the hearts of Stern?

Now I have seen this, I like it even less

I do like Hulk but would have liked some other characters on the sides.

#752 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

We haven't even seen the Premium translite yet...
Who knows what lurks in the hearts of Stern?

Well, the Pro translite has Cap front and center...Avengers LE backglass has Thor in the front...Hulk obviously has Hulk lol ....I'm guessing the Premium would feature Ironman more prominently!

#753 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I do like Hulk but would have liked some other characters on the sides.

totally agree

also any one heard any rumours of a gameplay video - when?

#754 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

why does the tesseract have rivets showing? at least put a decal or something on that thing. To bad it doe snot light up or anything unless it does and we don't see it.

For the same reason ACDC's cannon is a bunch of riveted plastic rectangles with a low res pic of a cannon printed on them. I cannot see that its difficult to source a couple thousand plastic formed cubes.... I don't get it, and I won't even attempt to try to rationalize it.

#755 11 years ago

I think the common pre-order price on ACDC LE vs. Premium was ($6700/6200). My understanding is that the ACDC Premium is still selling for $6200-6300.

The cabinet art for the Premium is probably the same as the Pro version but that is a total guess. Following the price model of ACDC, the Avengers LE at around $7000 shipped would likely mean that the premium will be around $6300-6500 shipped.

POST EDITED to remove incorrect info about hardware colors on Premium.

#756 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think the common pre-order price on ACDC LE vs. Premium was ($6700/6200). My understanding is that the ACDC Premium is still selling for $6200-6300.
Regarding the Premium version of Avengers, I would guess that the rails and lockdown will be red to be consistent with the apron that is shown to be red in the product matrix. That would also be the same way they did it for ACDC Premium. The cabinet art for the Premium is probably the same as the Pro version but that is a total guess. Following the price model of ACDC, the Avengers LE at around $7000 shipped would likely mean that the premium will be around $6500 shipped.

The Matrix shows Powder coated black Rails and such.

#757 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

The Matrix shows Powder coated black Rails and such.

Thanks JJ. Another reason to be glad I ordered an LE/Hulk and not the Premium

#758 11 years ago

It sounds like the Avengers Premium is going to be the Avengers Pro cabinet/art, hardware, and backglass with the LE playfield lighting (except without the illuminated apron) and gameplay features and a red metal apron instead of plastic.

#759 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It sounds like the Avengers Premium is going to be the Avengers Pro cabinet/art, hardware, and backglass ...

According to the matrix, the premium will have a unique translite.

#760 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

According to the matrix, the premium will have a unique translite.

Yes just as AC/DC did...

#761 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Yes just as AC/DC did...

It sounds like it will be similar to what they did with AC/DC, except the premium hardware will have the same black powder coat as the pro. The button guards are an unknown at this point. AC/DC premium had them, but Avengers premium may not.

#762 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It sounds like it will be similar to what they did with AC/DC, except the premium hardware will have the same black powder coat as the pro. The button guards are an unknown at this point. AC/DC premium had them, but Avengers premium may not.

Still think it may feature IM and have red powder coat rails - just seems so obvious - to me anyway!

#763 11 years ago

Can someone send me a PM with the best price they have seen on an LE, including shipping?

Thanks

#764 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still think it may feature IM and have red powder coat rails - just seems so obvious - to me anyway!

It would be awesome if they surprised us with something cool like that, but I'm guessing it won't happen. The game would almost be perceived as another LE, and it would definitely piss off the people who pre-ordered the Hulk or the blue one. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. There is definitely no doubt in my mind, though, that Stern very strategically chose not to show any photos of the premium yet. They wouldn't want to do anything that could potentially hurt LE sales.

#765 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It would be awesome if they surprised us with something cool like that, but I'm guessing it won't happen. The game would almost be perceived as another LE, and it would definitely piss off the people who pre-ordered the Hulk or the blue one. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. There is definitely no doubt in my mind, though, that Stern very strategically chose not to show any photos of the premium yet. They wouldn't want to do anything that could potentially hurt LE sales.

Maybe the premium looks better than the blue one?

#766 11 years ago

I bet the premium will be awesome too. I always rush for the new. Can't help myself.

#767 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I always rush for the new ...

You don't say!

#768 11 years ago

Where are the locations of the electronic controlled gates and divertors on the playfield?

#769 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Where are the locations of the electronic controlled gates and divertors on the playfield?

There is definitely a gate near the upper right. It looks like if it's open the ball goes up the ramp, and if it's closed the ball is sent to the pops.

#770 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Isn't Austin Powers one of your favorites? That's essentially the same rules as MB

I had liked AP quite a bit...

Until one day I completely destroyed one on route (played 25 minutes on ONE ball, had to walk away for a movie). Killed any desire I had to get one. Having IM doesn't help matters any either.

The ruleset on AP is quite a bit different than MB too. I can appreciate some parts of MB, but the difficulty or lack thereof is not one part of it.

#771 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I lumped them together becuase they are examples of LE's that lost value over time vs ones that increased in value (TRON LE, BIBLE, LTBR, BSM).

While I'd agree with you about TFLE, Avatar was a different situation, as it came out MONTHS after the original game, and the LE features of it were... underwhelming. In fact, unlike most LEs, there are a decent number of people which dislike the Navi-Ball enough that if they got one, they would rather it not be the LE. I'm in that camp. I like Avatar quite a bit, but the standard, non-random ruleset would be my choice. This was the only game where the LE added this sort of "feature" to the game, it seemed like they listened to players and made the games just have more features after this.

TFLE has clearly had some issues catching on in the market.

X-Men the jury is out on right now. At this point in Tron LE's and BSMs life spans, both of them could be found easily for under the price that people bought them for new as they were being sold. A few months later is when those games really took off.

To really know what is going to happen with any game, you need to really give it probably a full year to see what happens. If Stern puts out an amazing code update for X-Men, it could easily be the next LOTR - the ruleset already has that level of depth to it. TFLE could get something to help it out. I don't think it will fully gain it's value back, but an upgrade could at least change the narrative some.

Stern at least seems to know that not making these games retain their value adversely affects their bottom line rather quickly, so I think as a bet while they aren't going to be making money most of the time, you have a decent shot of not losing money too.

#772 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is definitely a gate near the upper right. It looks like if it's open the ball goes up the ramp, and if it's closed the ball is sent to the pops.

I think for the LE one is at the upper right and one is at the left middle near the Hawkeye face.

#773 11 years ago

Some times a pinball machine is just a pinball machine.

#774 11 years ago

Anyone else notice the spot lights are missing on the LE model, but are visible on the pro. I asked George this question and he said that the spots come from the bottom arch. This conceals them and makes for a sleek clean look. Also the arch windows on the LE are lit. Very cool seeing changes like this and the new backbox design are exciting.

#775 11 years ago

My gut tells me that AV is gonna be incredible...

Gomez got his ass kicked with TF's...people questioning if he "still has it" etc...

and the bitching about code on TF's as well...

Not to mention the bitching about code with Sten machines in general, which is certailny deserved..

I think Gomez and Stern realize that this previous business model, cant be the norm anymore....

Looks to me Gomez went above and beyond as far as thinking out of the box on this PF...

I would be willing to bet that code is far more finished than previous attemps by Stern...

Gomez has somthing to prove over the TF's fiasco, and stern has something to prove about this code shit...

I feel you will see a pretty complete, and innovative product in this release...

I bet the PF does more cool shit than you can shkle a stick at.....and i think the ruleset possibilities are monumental....

Not to mention the theme ROCKS !

And I for one, am super glad it is based off the movie, as IM is...

If it was based off the comic book, i woulda passed...

Cant wait for the green dude to get here...Yeee Haaa !

#776 11 years ago

anybody figure out yet how the additional ramp on the LE is supposed to function? Is the hole to the left of the tesseract cube supposed to launch the ball at Hulk? I would think that thing would wear quickly with the ball constantly rolling over it

#777 11 years ago

lets hope Cliffy gets all over that one in short order...LOL

#778 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

My gut tells me that AV is gonna be incredible...
Gomez got his ass kicked with TF's...people questioning if he "still has it" etc...
and the bitching about code on TF's as well...
Not to mention the bitching about code with Sten machines in general, which is certailny deserved..
I think Gomez and Stern realize that this previous business model, cant be the norm anymore....
Looks to me Gomez went above and beyond as far as thinking out of the box on this PF...
I would be willing to bet that code is far more finished than previous attemps by Stern...
Gomez has somthing to prove over the TF's fiasco, and stern has something to prove about this code shit...
I feel you will see a pretty complete, and innovative product in this release...
I bet the PF does more cool shit than you can shkle a stick at.....and i think the ruleset possibilities are monumental....
Not to mention the theme ROCKS !
And I for one, am super glad it is based off the movie, as IM is...
If it was based off the comic book, i woulda passed...
Cant wait for the green dude to get here...Yeee Haaa !

So you don't think that Gomez had his hands full as V.P. of development with everything going on with "the pin", X-men problems, and other responsibilities at Stern that are above and beyond designing his own game? Borg and Ritchie only have to worry about designing. I'm just not convinced this is going to be a killer game.. nor do I think it's going to be a flop either... I just prefer to see for myself once the game is released, the initial honeymoon/hype phase is over- and how the game stands then before I jump.

I hear you on thinking the code will be more complete than other recent games, but I'm just not convinced it will be.

#779 11 years ago

If i was Gomez, and had to take all the public abuse and critisizm over TF's....i'd be on a mission on the next title...

Make NO mistake..every free minute i had would be consumed with the ideas and design possibilities, for my new rele,ase...

Kind of a OK Fu&%ers...I'll show you....

I wouldnt be able to sleep at night, thinking that the mass majority of the pin community felt i failed that badly, and dropped the ball....

Designers have huge ego's... no matter what they are designing..its in their nature....

He has, and had something to prove with this title for sure...and by the looks of this PF i think he put forth some serious effort.... Its unlike anything he has put forth so far...

If he was half assing it, it woulda been the standard Gomez fan layout... Its not....

What other PF have a design even close to this lay out....

I know the cube is similar to TOTAN, and the HULK is similar to the Genie's placment in TOTAN as well, but the rest is pretty freakin fresh as far as i'm concerned...

Stern cant afford to put out to many more half assed flop titles,with shit code... i think they gave Gomez a free leash to make a great game....

and my gut says he did.....

If you were gonna gamble on Sterns and Gomez's performance... now seems to be the time, in light of the things i have mentioned above....

#780 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

If i was Gomez, and had to take all the public abuse and critisizm over TF's....i'd be on a mission on the next title....

Shouldn't he have been on a mission with the last title? You'd think with Transformers (an absolute dream license that many begged for, for years!) he'd have been more motivated than ever. He was making his return to pinball, amid much fanfare and anticipation.

By the way, I'm not trashing TF, which while not all that it could've been or was promised to be is still a pretty fun machine. I'm just questioning why now he should be so much more motivated than he was upon his return to Stern with TF, one of the highest anticipated licenses in recent memory.

One of the major complaints with TF, apart from the ill-placed drop target and lack of transforming toys (and other broken promises), was the programming by Lonnie. Who is programming Avengers? Lonnie, right? Gomez may be more motivated than ever and it may not matter if they can't elevate the code on the game to the level which collectors have come to expect from NIB purchases. Many collectors began their NIB purchases with TSPP and LOTR, and that's the level of code they expect, anything less is considered second rate.

#781 11 years ago

True... as far a s your statements on Lonnie...

But for the very same reasons i equate with Gomez on this, i apply to him as well....

Lonnie is a code designer...and his code attempt at TF's is seemingly the most hated stern code to date... Outside of the hugely unfinished current status of XM..

I think Lonnie will step up to the plate as well, cause as a team George and Lonnie have something to prove as well....TF's was a mess...

If Lonnie keeps putting out shit code, how much longer will he have a job?

I'm sure Lonnie doesn't want to sit second fiddle to Lyman for ever..and now would be the time to buck up !

you need to do a good job to keep a job....

Even VP's can get fired !

#782 11 years ago

I may be wet, and all wrong here, but i gotta say....I think its gonna be a good one...

#783 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Lonnie is a code designer...and his code attempt at TF's is seemingly the most hated stern code to date...

Ya know, as much as I bag on TF - the code is pretty ambitious. The majority of my complaints are with the physical nature of the game and the custom voices. Lonnie did a lot of good stuff w/ the dual rulesets and lots of modes. The main flaw was the Multiball difficulty roadblocking you from getting to the halfway point...an easy change...and it will finally be coming. Sure, the mode rules could be better or more fun and the combo rules are barebones/useless ....just a little more tweaking and it would be solid enough - which would be fine, honestly. A good & solid game...while not as good as a GREAT game...is better than one w/ little bits of BS that only serve to annoy and drag the game down.

#784 11 years ago

Are there any magnets of the LE's

#785 11 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Are there any magnets of the LE's

I'm pretty sure both the LE and Pro have magnets in front of the Hulk toy.

#786 11 years ago

I am looking forward to this one. Lifelong comic fan, especially Marvel. Avengers looks fun and I love that each of the Avenger characters is represented.

However, just two flippers? All of my faves have at least three, including the two I own (JD and DH). Still, it is on my radar for purchase and I'm hoping it will be on display at the upcoming Snowball tourney in Howell, MI (wishful thinking, I know).

$2,600 seems like quite a premium for what is offered and I'm not sure about that diverter ramp right across the middle of the playfield. Weird.

However, it is a nice piece of art and would look great in the cave.

#787 11 years ago

Has anyone figured out why all the pics of the face area in the middle of the playfield seem to be blurry?

Was wondering if Stern would ever be ballsy enough to do something like a lenticular insert. (Jpop? Plz kthx.)

#788 11 years ago

The new pic on facebook today shows the H-U-L-K targets in front of HULK and a nice angle of the toy.

#789 11 years ago

Here ya go.....

photo.PNGphoto.PNG

#790 11 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Here ya go.....

Cool. Looks like there is a mini wiz mode for starting the avengers and a farther one for completing them.

#791 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Was wondering if Stern would ever be ballsy enough to do something like a lenticular insert. (Jpop? Plz kthx.)

While this has been discussed, one would think that since its never been done it would be on the feature list.

#792 11 years ago

QR code goes to www.sternpinball5.com

It is just parked at godaddy currently.

#793 11 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Here ya go.....

Awesome thanks, this looks real good.

#794 11 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Here ya go.....

That QR goes to www.sternpinball5.com. I was hoping it went to Area 52 instead!

(yeah... what he said...)

#795 11 years ago

Basically the same rules as monster bash. Very similar to X-men as well.

#796 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Looks like the stole The Cube, from The Pin.

Yeah I just noticed that fully today. Even the cube and the cheap assness of it. UGH that bugs the @#$# out of me. They charge $3k for "the pin", and $6k-8 for a "real" pin and they use the SAME cube/spinner?!?!? WTF put a real toy on the thing...@#$#@$

#797 11 years ago

I really like that it has a mini-wizard mode (Assault on the Helicarrier) and a main wizard mode (Battle for Earth). They even nicely tied them in to the two main action sequences in the movie. This could turn out to be a great game. Can't wait to play it!

#800 11 years ago

Holy triple post, Batman.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 940 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pics/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.