(Topic ID: 28154)

AVENGERS (pics of boxes at stern)

By tatman9999

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EmmaPeelandtheDaleks.jpg
    the-wiggles-pic.gif
    AV2.PNG
    AV.jpg
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Looks like it may be Avengers pics of boxes at stern.

AV.jpgAV.jpg AV2.PNGAV2.PNG

#2 11 years ago

Maybe peelix avengors is a French guy who works there.

#3 11 years ago

look at the smaller box on the bottom.

#4 11 years ago

Ha I wasn't serious! Yes, looks like the rumors may be true. Things will heat up for sure.

#5 11 years ago

At least they're not boxes of really weird sex toys.

#6 11 years ago

Bottom right of top pic was PEELL Avengers Material label on a box. Interesting.

#7 11 years ago

Damn, damn, damn!

I have NIB money & space but no desire for this theme.

Oh well, I will certainly enjoying playing one nonetheless I'm sure.

#8 11 years ago

Will be exciting to see. Must Save save save. Just in case

#9 11 years ago

Nice detective work. You should get 10k karma points. How was the rest of the tour? What were they making?

What is peelix?

#10 11 years ago

Peel = Emma Peel from the '60s TV series The Avengers

#11 11 years ago

No one mentoned it but about a 1/3 of the factory was blocked off by brand new tarps. I mean like freshly bought from home depot the night before. No dust on them. Our guide said that they were building more "offices". We were taken through the factory in groups of 10. On the bus ride back other groups said their tour guide could barely keep a straight face when trying to feed them the "offices" line. Oh yeah the tarps that covered the area where the offices would be going? Right where the truck docks currently sit.

#12 11 years ago

Based on what I see here, the topic should be changed to "AVENGORS (pics of boxes at stern)".

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

At least they're not boxes of really weird sex toys.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Based on what I see here, the topic should be changed to "AVENGORS (pics of boxes at stern)".

That's 'cuz it's pronounced "A-ven-horz"

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

But there is an english box on the bottom shelf

They should make alternate translites before hand.

#16 11 years ago

So what did stern have at their booth at expo this year? Xmen? Home models? I really thought they would have an announcement of some sort.

#17 11 years ago

Pic stealer!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Pic stealer!

He could have at least given credit where it's due

#19 11 years ago

...risked my life and freedom to get those...

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Next time watermark them

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from cdf12345:

No one mentoned it but about a 1/3 of the factory was blocked off by brand new tarps. I mean like freshly bought from home depot the night before. No dust on them. Our guide said that they were building more "offices". We were taken through the factory in groups of 10. On the bus ride back other groups said their tour guide could barely keep a straight face when trying to feed them the "offices" line. Oh yeah the tarps that covered the area where the offices would be going? Right where the truck docks currently sit.

Funny Gomez states what's behind there on this video shot in the last of days. He hints to green, red and blue ones also, which suggests avengers.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-ch-vid&v=vICBc71C5zg

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Peel = Emma Peel from the '60s TV series The Avengers

The producers were looking for lots of "Man Appeal" in the 60s show.

As they were working on the scripts the shorthand became M-appeal to mark sexy scenes.

As the scrips were finalized the female star's name became "Emma Peel"

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

This is yours! Im sorry I gave credit to op. You get 10K karma. Did they specifically say no pics?

#24 11 years ago

Hulk, Capt Amer and IM models?

#25 11 years ago

Great job getting the pic Forbelsop. Any chance these boxes could have been marked to dupe people? Thought I heard before that Stern has played games like that in the past.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Hulk, Capt Amer and IM models?

Can't be. Who in their right mind would want a Capt. America version over something like Thor or Loki. Hell, I'd take an agent coulson one over a captain one, lol.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Can't be. Who in their right mind would want a Capt. America version over something like Thor or Loki. Hell, I'd take an agent coulson one over a captain one, lol.

Hey Wolfy.............Speak for yourself, I would take Captain America any day.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Hey Wolfy.............Speak for yourself, I would take Captain America any day.

+1

#29 11 years ago

I'd go for Hulk, but wouldn't mind any of the four.

#30 11 years ago

I have nothing against an Avengers game, but I hope that was a red herring, just so things aren't so predictable.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

This is yours! Im sorry I gave credit to op. You get 10K karma. Did they specifically say no pics?

Maybe.

#32 11 years ago

How come everyone is thinking the two LE models would both be good guys? Especially after X-Men. Just curious. Thor and Captain America are sort of more minor characters, and Iron Man's been done. My personal guess/assumption is Hulk and Loki.

#34 11 years ago

Ugh...count me out.
    I cant imagine that selling as well. I think Good vs Evil is more balanced in TF and Xmen. Loki is not a strong balance. As a matter of fact he is kind of made to be laughable with the emphasis being on the team coming together. Those factors tend to create more interest in the Avenger Team then the good vs bad side thing.

#35 11 years ago

I would consider a Red Skull,Thor or a Cap but absolutely a hell no to Bucky

#36 11 years ago

Thor was the best super hero movie, Iron Man 1 a close second.

#37 11 years ago

If I wanted a superhero pin I'd have bought X-Men which they *only just released*.

Boring theme choice is boring.

#38 11 years ago

Now what Stern should have done was Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Capt America pins - leading up to Avengers like Marvel did. Yes, I know more super hero pins but maybe a break in licensing.

And I'll say it for the record. Wolverine and Magneto LE cabinets fall short to the pro model. Saw the pro's at Expo and THAT is Xmen. That was a miss that LEs cabinet lesser than pro.

#39 11 years ago

They could save even more money by making an unlicensed pin.

#40 11 years ago

Wouldn't it be better if the LE was the one that featured the whole Avengers and then the Pro/premium could be Hulk or Capt. America as the focus in an opposite manner to the way the XMen pin was produced?

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ugh...count me out.
    I cant imagine that selling as well. I think Good vs Evil is more balanced in TF and Xmen. Loki is not a strong balance. As a matter of fact he is kind of made to be laughable with the emphasis being on the team coming together. Those factors tend to create more interest in the Avenger Team then the good vs bad side thing.

I agree with this. No balance in a good vs. Evil Avengers game unless you dip into the individual movies...and even then no balance.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree with this. No balance in a good vs. Evil Avengers game unless you dip into the individual movies...and even then no balance.

That's why they should abandon the multiple LE BS. Just have an Avengers LE that features all the characters.

#43 11 years ago

Hulk for one. Entire team for other.

#44 11 years ago

I am so done with the whole supposed 'good -vs- evil' split. Lose the angst for some levity or a killer soundtrack.

Furthermore, how about investing that energy and expense into delivering on new, material features that differentiate the gameplay thereby warranting the significant premium paid on the LEs... as opposed to just some silly side-armor pattern -- blue vs red, or red vs purple, or green vs blue.

#45 11 years ago

Doesnt matter, bunch of tomfoolery, I found out from an insider its Fraggle Rock

#46 11 years ago

Doesnt matter, bunch of tomfoolery, I found out from an insider its Fraggle Rock

Whew, what a relief. I thought you were going to say the Wiggles

the-wiggles-pic.gifthe-wiggles-pic.gif

#47 11 years ago

The guy in yellow got kicked out of the wiggles, supposedly he was too sexy according to Australian housewives, so he wont appear on the cabinet or play field of the next JJP title

#49 11 years ago

Avengers is next, little is known about specific LE details.
    But it's supposed to be a different layout than the usual Gomez fan style. Dec/Jan

The Area 52 video suggests:
    Red -Thor
    Blue -Captain
    Green -Hulk

Either this is the last DMD or the introduction to the new bus system and small LCD. Time will tell.

#50 11 years ago

Man, I'd love to see something that isn't themed after a musical group or superheros...

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-pics-of-boxes-at-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.