Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AV mod updates 007.JPG
AV mod updates 002.JPG
Tesseract Mod 006.JPG
avengers blue le 006.jpg
avengers blue le 005.jpg
avengers blue le 004.jpg
avengers blue le 002.jpg
avengers blue le 001.jpg
ZDoorCube 007.jpg

#1 5 years ago

The stock tesseract cube on the Avengers looks like junk and I want to replace it. There are two great looking versions available. One is made by Pinside member Hook and the other by Pinball Refinery. Both look good. Without starting a war, which one did you buy and why? Hoping the feedback will help me make a decision.

Cheers,
Duane

#2 5 years ago

Mine came with a modded cube...I'm pretty sure it's the Refinery one - it's purrrrty.

#3 5 years ago

Get pinball refinerys. I love hooked's mods, but for the tesserect, it refinerys or bust.

#4 5 years ago

I have Pinball Refinery's in my Avengers Hulk and it is awesome... highly recommend it. Solid built and super bright blue LED flasher. Very happy with it...

#5 5 years ago

I am a big supporter of Hooked. He does awesome work and is a pleasure to deal with. But I bought my cube from Gio (Refinery), and I could not be more satisfied. His cube is "the balls" and makes the stock one look like a complete p.o.s. Gio's cube should be stock on all Avengers.

#6 5 years ago

Gio's. The first and the best.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mine came with a modded cube...I'm pretty sure it's the Refinery one - it's purrrrty.

Does it look like this?
No contest, this mod upstages The Hulk.

ZDoorCube 007.jpg

#8 5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. Everyone seems happy with the one from Pinball Refinery. Has anyone noticed a change in the speed of the cube? Is it noticeable and does it effect game play?

Thanks,
Duane

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Thanks for the feedback. Everyone seems happy with the one from Pinball Refinery. Has anyone noticed a change in the speed of the cube? Is it noticeable and does it effect game play?
Thanks,
Duane

My cube is the same before and after the upgrade. So no change.

#10 5 years ago

Gio's cube is the best in my opinion. I like Hooked mods very much and bought a lot of his mods but the Refinery cube is the best. I had the Refinery cube since the very beginning and finaly tried a mod last week. I was noticing maybe it was too heavy and not letting me enjoy the spinning as I should. I completely tried to remove all the spinning mechanism assembly to see if it was properly working. After seeing everything was good to go I removed the cube and tried to replace the tesseract with a huge capt america shield to maximize rotation and centrifuge force. I really started to rediscover that shot. It spins like crazy and noticing that spinning sound effect programmed in the game a lot. Sometimes now even after a drain since the shield is spinning with a lot of velocity the game as to wait until revolution is over before starting the next ball. Since Gio's cube is the best in my mind and complements the game nicely I relocated the cube on the diverter where the Quinjet plastic is. Will post pictures tomorrow but it really helped my game and since now it's a spinning disk it produce a very cool lighting effect too. That game is really cool cause it requires a lot of time and efforts to be properly dial but such a treath to try all kinds of mods I could think.

#11 5 years ago

pictures

You can see the capt america shield I have now to replace the cube.

Cube is now on the diverter still linked to the game and so is my Nick Fury action figure who is now linked to the Nick Fury shot cause even with the Loki relocation still though the red light to indicate his shot is available was not clearly visible. Now when bonus is available his rocket launcher blinks purple.

avengers blue le 001.jpg avengers blue le 002.jpg avengers blue le 004.jpg avengers blue le 005.jpg avengers blue le 006.jpg
#12 5 years ago

how hard is the wiring to do on the refinery cube? Is soldering required? Where is the connection made?

Thx

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

how hard is the wiring to do on the refinery cube? Is soldering required? Where is the connection made?
Thx

Can't really give up their recipe but very simple connection and you can either use alligator clips or splice the wires and solder them back together. A shrinking tube in the end for a clean job.

Very simple Gio and Steve instructions are very clear too.

#14 5 years ago

Where can you purchase either tesseract mod?

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Where can you purchase either tesseract mod?

www.PinballRefinery.com

#16 5 years ago

I dont have a website I sell direct just PM me.

Quick notes:
When I first saw the cube I thought it was over sized for the feature.
I redesigned the cube taking that in mind and making it as movie accurate as possible.
Gio is a friend and his cube looks great, mine is just different.

Specs:
My Cube is 1.75 inch slightly smaller bringing the solid weight to as close as I could to the hollow weight of the stock.
The cube is a solid custom USA made then polished cube mounted on a Cliffy made bracket.
Back lighting requires no soldering, uses clips rather than tapping wires.
Two color lighting lighting the cube depending on what is happening in the code. I tapped the "C" in cosmic for the blue and the other color lights with the red flasher under the cube platform.

Tesseract Mod 006.JPG

AV mod updates 002.JPG
AV mod updates 007.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside