Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by StevenP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Stern is making one or both if you believe the rumors. Which would you rather have and why? I can't decide because I really like IM and Wolverine both. Not that I will be able to get a new Stern anytime soon, but maybe a routed beater someday

#2 11 years ago

It's MIB. Come on man

#3 11 years ago

If x-men is based on the comics, then X-Men, definitely.

if they are both based off of the movies, then AVENGERS, by a mile.

whatever it is, if its awesome, i think i can figure out a way to get an NiB - my first and probably only. started saving when the rumors first popped up about Borg's next pin last year.

#4 11 years ago

Avengers,I like the characters better

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Avengers,I like the characters better

+ 0.5

I like Iron Man and Thor but the HULK is friken AWESOME!!!!

Id buy a HULK alone machine..big,bad and green

#6 11 years ago

Avengers.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

It's MIB. Come on man

Im with you on this. But I sure wish it was Avengers. Would make such a better pin.

If I was JJP this is the time to change direction. Avengers is huge. MIB not so huge but still good none the less.

#9 11 years ago

All signs are pointing to Xmen but Avengers makes more sense IMHO.

#10 11 years ago

Either one… I am getting it : )

MIB…I am out : (

#11 11 years ago

Avengers if based on the movie. I like the X-men but just doesn't do anything for me as a pinball theme for some reason.

#12 11 years ago

Avengers by far. Favorite comic growing up. Larger diversity of characters as they don't limit themselves to mutants.

Spider-man, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor can all be Avengers, but none of them could be X-men, and any X-men can become an Avenger. (Wolverine, Beast, etc..., have been in both groups)

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from johnkinkokomo:

Stern is making one or both if you believe the rumors. Which would you rather have and why? I can't decide because I really like IM and Wolverine both. Not that I will be able to get a new Stern anytime soon, but maybe a routed beater someday

Both? That would be sick. Like NASCAR and grand prix? Same pin with your choice of theme. Highly doubt it, but it would be cool.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Avengers by far. Favorite comic growing up. Larger diversity of characters as they don't limit themselves to mutants.
Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor can all be Avengers, but none of them could be X-men, and any X-men can become an Avenger. (Wolverine, Beast, etc..., have been in both groups)

Are you saying x-men discrimate based on race? They can get sued for that.

#15 11 years ago

I'll buy both but prefer Dos Equis.

#16 11 years ago

They have to get AC/DC out before they can get to anything else. Whatever os next will be way delayed.

#17 11 years ago

They are doing both!

#18 11 years ago

Don't say both. I can't handle that!

#19 11 years ago

X-men has been confirmed...

#20 11 years ago

Man you guys... For all you know they are taking ij4, redoing the sounds and graphics, and that's your new game. Then you're all in? Do you guys even play the games or just look at the theme? Why not get a few movie posters and save $4400? Otherwise, how about wait for the game and examine it for game play possibilities rather than just theme?

#21 11 years ago

I believe it is X-men as well. Either way I am in.

#22 11 years ago

Theme makes games fun for me.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Theme makes games fun for me.

Agreed. I will not get a game if I don't like the theme. Now, there will be themes I like but games I do not; but if I dislike the theme I would not buy the game period (obviously, I'd still play it).

#24 11 years ago

Avengers for me - movie only just released today in Aus. Based on the preview and all the single character movies - there is so much potential to do with it.

#25 11 years ago

Probably Avengers.

Only cool guy in X-Men is Wolverine.

You should add a poll.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 11 years ago

Hope it's neither because I don't feel like having to buy another machine right now. I can pass on the MIB theme, so hope that is the next title so I am not tempted and can take a break for a few months.

#27 11 years ago

Lol! I kinda hoped that too. Just to have a breather and that would mean our theme in the new platform.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Only cool guy in X-Men is Wolverine.

This is blasphemous. The Avengers are full of lame, B-list Marvel characters. X-Men is the bell cow of the Marvel stable of character teams. So many great characters - Nightcrawler, Colossus, Beast, Storm, Gambit....

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The Avengers are full of lame, B-list Marvel characters.

Would you call IM, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America B-list characters? I think not.

#30 11 years ago

Yes, I would. Because I read comics for years and years before those movies came around. Thor has been lame forever. Captain America only became relevant for the first time in 45 years when they killed him several years back. Iron Man was never cool until Robert Downey, Jr. did it better than it had ever been done in 40 years.

Hulk isn't B-List, but he wasn't ever ever really identified with the Avengers in the comic world. He is a stand alone character that was occasionally thrown in to help sell books on an otherwise lame title.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Would you call IM, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America B-list characters? I think not.

+10 Avengers movie is the right call right now. Hot, hot hot. Treatment of the big 4 is right on. X-Men comics are solid but Avengers movie versus X-Men comic - nah. Now, I still love X-Men and would grab one but Avengers for me.

BTW...Justice League I always preferred over X-Men. Just sayin.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Rascal_H said:Only cool guy in X-Men is Wolverine.
This is blasphemous. The Avengers are full of lame, B-list Marvel characters. X-Men is the bell cow of the Marvel stable of character teams. So many great characters - Nightcrawler, Colossus, Beast, Storm, Gambit....

+1

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yes, I would. Because I read comics for years and years before those movies came around. Thor has been lame forever. Captain America only became relevant for the first time in 45 years when they killed him several years back. Iron Man was never cool until Robert Downey, Jr. did it better than it had ever been done in 40 years.
Hulk isn't B-List, but he wasn't ever ever really identified with the Avengers in the comic world. He is a stand alone character that was occasionally thrown in to help sell books on an otherwise lame title.

Absolutely 100%

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

kwiKimart said:Would you call IM, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America B-list characters? I think not.
+10 Avengers movie is the right call right now. Hot, hot hot. Treatment of the big 4 is right on. X-Men comics are solid but Avengers movie versus X-Men comic - nah. Now, I still love X-Men and would grab one but Avengers for me.
BTW...Justice League I always preferred over X-Men. Just sayin.

Stern would not make a pin based on movie trailers. Simply not gonna happen, maybe when the Blu-Ray comes out in the fall it would be Gomez's game cycle in the timing of releases.

X-Men has been a requested title since the last few movies. AC/DC, Tron and Transformers were also fan requested.

#36 11 years ago

If they do go comics-based for X-Men, doesn't that imply they'd also have to do hand-drawn art, custom sounds and animations, etc.? No movie clip DMD captures and photoshopped actor art would be the big attraction for me. I'd have to seriously consider NIB.

#37 11 years ago

X-men...i don;t like any of the Avengers characters.

#38 11 years ago

MIB, no interest here. Avengers or X-men, then me likey So the backglass/translite will have Tommy Lee Jones wrinkled face and Will Smith plastered on it, will make me want to get 'jiggy" wit it! C'mon man seriously a MIB pin? The movie (MIB 3)will tank at the box office and sadly this pin will follow suit. you think with WOZ, BHZA you would think the Stern crew would come up with something more better to compete with. Oh well it pinball, if i see one i'll drop a few coins in a give it a shot!

#39 11 years ago

Either is cool with me. I heard some good things about Borg's next creation. Can't wait to see it.

#40 11 years ago

too bad they didn't do a Thor pin - would of looked great next to Iron Man

#41 11 years ago

I would suggest an arguement that in terms of "True A List" characters, Marvel only has the following (and I would argue they are A List in this order): Spider Man, Wolverine, and The Hulk (DC only has two true A Listers: Superman and Batman).

Marvel distances themselves with a plethara of B List characters (frankly too many to list) including the Fantastic Four, most of the other X-Men, most of the other Avengers (I would dare say Captain America is a past A Lister), silver surfer, etc. DC truely only has those characters that are in the Justice League as B Listers (Green Lantern, Wondern Women, etc.).

By the way, my definition of A Lister is someone who can sell there own comics, in large and steady numbers, toss out blockbuster movies or television, and be recognized world wide as an iconic character. I agree that Iron Man is surging in popularity and may reach that level (he is probably closest of the B Listers.

#42 11 years ago

Deadpool has been A-list caliber for a few years now. He sells a ton of titles by himself.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Deadpool has been A-list caliber for a few years now. He sells a ton of titles by himself.

Deadpool kicks butt, absolutly sells some comics. But can he hold down a movie or television show? How popular will he be outside of the US. I think the threshold to be a true A Lister is pretty high. In fact, I think some could argue The Hulk has more in common with former A Lister Captain America than he does with the other four A Lister comic guys (Spider Man, Wolverine, Superman, and Batman).

BTW, I'm with you 100% Gambit on XMen being better overall than Avengers.

#44 11 years ago

MIB could have some really interesting toys, but it just doesn't "feel" right.

X-Men should have a movie ready to go for the best use of the license. The next one isn't due until 2014, so that seems like a long shot. Using the comic characters straight up would be interesting, but I wonder what the licensing would be like for that right now. That's the tough thing about any of the Marvel stuff (with one exception), the licensing is even stranger than usual thanks to Disney now owning Marvel, but not owning a lot of the movie rights...

Avengers -- Hey, Disney owns the rights to this movie lock, stock and barrel, it comes out soon and is expected to be an amazing blockbuster. This seems to make all the sense in the world. Oh, and Stern did Tron, so the relationship may still be there with Disney.

Having said all that, I'm pretty certain that it's going to kick butt. I have a LOT of faith in John Borg lately

#45 11 years ago

x-men comic theme over avengers. Agree Thor, ironman, captain america lame for years in the comic world, just look how many x-men spinoff titles, wolverine best , incredible hulk seemed to hold his own,,

#46 11 years ago

X-Men. Way better characters and villains. Either film or comic. I'm sure the Avengers film will be fun, but if we're talking opinion, I'd be down for an X-Men pin in a heartbeat.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

X-Men is the bell cow of the Marvel stable of character teams.

The man speaketh the truth!
Sorry kwiKi, I have to agree with Jules... Robert Downey Jr.'s impeccable "Tony Stark" and Scarlett J's "skills" are the only things driving me to get excited about this film. I'm sure both machines will do well if made and I'll probably be picking one of them up if there is an interesting layout.

Deadpool would make a great standalone film too; (minus Ryan Reynolds ) I still have my #1-4 'The Circle Chase', still sealed after all these years.

Heck, even the Savage Dragon was more kick-ass/entertaining than the Avengers comics...

#48 11 years ago

B

Please tell me they are using Alex Ross' stuff. He is the greatest artist to ever draw a comic book. If they used his art it would be a must buy for me and would be an amazing coup for stern.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

B
mnpinball said:http://www.alexrossart.com/
mnpinball said:http://www.alexrossart.com/
Please tell me they are using Alex Ross' stuff. He is the greatest artist to ever draw a comic book. If they used his art it would be a must buy for me and would be an amazing coup for stern.

Still surprised if it is X-Men.

So many different sources confirmed Avengers as next pin so will be very strange if it isn't.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This is blasphemous. The Avengers are full of lame, B-list Marvel characters. X-Men is the bell cow of the Marvel stable of character teams. So many great characters - Nightcrawler, Colossus, Beast, Storm, Gambit...

Disagree-

Avengers > X-men

Maybe in the 90's, but that was last century. X-men were the bee's knees from 77- late 90's, but from the 60's to 77 Avengers sold more books, and the last 7-8 years Avengers are back on top. Any great story line from X-men is 20 years old: Age of Apocalypse, Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past: All old.

Avengers: Civil War, Skrull Invasion, everything the last 10 years- Avengers. Look who sells more books today, and has more books out. Wolverine is in more Avenger's books. Yes, X-man Wolverine. Avengers have a hit cartoon out now.

Really don't see this changing- Avengers, their tie-ins, and characters are what drive Marvel now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-or-x-men and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.