P1020559.JPG
P1020558.JPG
P1020556.JPG
P1020555.JPG
DSC06220.JPG
2013-01-16_14-22-30_54.jpg
photo_3.JPG
dddd.JPG
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 11 years ago

I thought someone would start a thread eventually but roughed up a couple of cards and thought it would be cool to have a thread where every one could list all different types of mods in relation with The Avengers here - starting with the most basic - Apron Cards

Avengers_Card_Hulk_-_Attitude_(Free_Pl.jpgAvengers_Card_Hulk_-_Attitude_(Free_Pl.jpg Avengers_Card_-_TEAM_(Free_Play)_-_col.jpgAvengers_Card_-_TEAM_(Free_Play)_-_col.jpg Avengers_Card_-_TEAM_(Free_Play)_-_blu.jpgAvengers_Card_-_TEAM_(Free_Play)_-_blu.jpg

2 weeks later
#2 11 years ago

another hulk free play

Avengers_Card_Hulk.jpgAvengers_Card_Hulk.jpg

#3 11 years ago

hulk flavoured Avengers Team rule card with Avenger font

Avengers_Card_Team_Rules.jpgAvengers_Card_Team_Rules.jpg

#4 11 years ago

Blue Avengers Team rule card with Avenger font

Avengers_Card_Team_Rules_(Blue).jpgAvengers_Card_Team_Rules_(Blue).jpg

#5 11 years ago

S.H.I.E.L.D rules card

Avengers_S.H.I.E.L.D._Rules_(White).jpgAvengers_S.H.I.E.L.D._Rules_(White).jpg

#6 11 years ago

Team Free Play card

Avengers_Team_Free_Play.jpgAvengers_Team_Free_Play.jpg

#8 11 years ago

Nice job swinks. Really like the instruction cards.

#9 11 years ago

nice work mate

#10 11 years ago

They look really really good. Love the rules cards. Would look awesome on our avengers when we get ours.

#11 11 years ago

I just bought a color printer. Any guidelines to print these?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Use glossy photo paper. Regular paper will not work.
I am not sure about the scaling without trying it myself.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Use glossy photo paper. Regular paper will not work.
I am not sure about the scaling without trying it myself.

Outside of photoshop, what else can be used to size these cards right? Every time I have tried printing cards they never come out the correct size.

#14 11 years ago

I think another Mod that should be done is a glowing Tesseract if someone creative can come up with a way to power it up without impeding the spinner. Even if not, make one that looks more real with no rivets or bolt heads in it.

Tesseract.jpgTesseract.jpg

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I think another Mod that should be done is a glowing Tesseract if someone creative can come up with a way to power it up without impeding the spinner. Even if not, make one that looks more real with no rivets or bolt heads in it.

I think a simple set of decals to cover the 6 sides would be a cheap mod to eliminate the rivets.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Battery inside, plus some sort of sensor to tell when it rotates (gyroscope might be overkill)? Could be pretty neat if it lit up from inside.

#17 11 years ago

Working on a couple of different versions of a replacement cube. Going to try 3-4 different materials to see what works best. Don't think I can pull off a light inside but trying different finishes and base materials to try and get the best reflective lighting effect.

#18 11 years ago

Maybe brushes below the spinner to make electrical contact? There are really cheap spinning lights out there that might be able to be disassembled or reverse engineered.

magic-spinning-ball-21043220650.jpgmagic-spinning-ball-21043220650.jpg

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I made these within illustrator as a 5.5" x 3" file, then hopefully you can drag into a new file in what ever program retaining the same size to print on glossy paper.

#20 11 years ago

Nice work. However, how about a Black Widow included shot?

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I made these within illustrator as a 5.5" x 3" file, then hopefully you can drag into a new file in what ever program retaining the same size to print on glossy paper.

Thanks!

#22 11 years ago

Nice Job on the cards Swinks. I think that a cube that glows like the movie would be very cool. Even if you have to change out the batteries every so often. LED dont use much energy but the added weight may be an issue. A brush connection may be the best if done right and does not slow the spin down much.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Nice work. However, how about a Black Widow included shot?

I will look into it, but also others can add to these. I am no graphic artist, just trying to help the cause.

#24 11 years ago

With the cube, i have been thinking about a simple 3d printed model out of a ABS plastic and when it spins it has a small bearing the shifts to complete a lighting circuit that can activate a led. The 3d printed model would be cheap to print and light weight and finished with the right colour design vinyl design.

Just have to wait to see how big the cube is on the machine and feel it can be slightly smaller as well.

#25 11 years ago

Not sure how you'd power an LED. A battery would be funky IMO. Going to try a few different things myself.

This is one idea but it will take the most effort... Pic is of a sphere but a cube version would be for the game. IT will reflect a ton of colors... globe_example.jpgglobe_example.jpg

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

How about one of those motion powered LED's like they have in Razor scooter and wheel chair wheels? Would that be enough to light it up? The fading in fading out as it spun might look cool too.

EDIT: So they arent motion powered they just close the contact when you move....gotcha. Hmm...really? That motion cant power a little ol LED?

Post edited by Chitownpinball : Explained

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Not sure how you'd power an LED. A battery would be funky IMO. Going to try a few different things myself.
This is one idea but it will take the most ... Pic is of a sphere but a cube version would be for the game. IT will reflect a ton of colors...

that would be cool

#28 11 years ago

My son has a Yoyo , when it starts to spin the LEDs light up , very basic and effective set up .
If someone can come up with a hatch that opens on a new translucent cube and incorporate the the Yoyo it would be the a great light show .The lights are on both sides of the Yoyo , so it would light up and down on to the playfield . Not sure if the cube maybe to large to house the Yoyo .

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Child-Red-LED-Light-Rolling-Yo-Yo-Ball-Playing-Toy-Gray-/330840318394?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Classic_Toys&hash=item4d079ea1ba&_uhb=1#ht_2049wt_1156

#30 11 years ago

We were talking about this on the bash. They have tire valve caps that glow when in motion... put one of those in the cube.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_9

You're welcome

#31 11 years ago

I'm all over it. Cube will be lit within two weeks of delivery ...now thats up to Stern when I get it.

I have the power source - switch- light here....just waiting on test boards and the inside of the cube specs.
Have est on replacement cube but I have to order 100 so that may not happen.
Biggest thing is keeping the cube balanced where it will not rotate forward due to added weight.
Valve caps are speed sensitive switches that will light once the cube is spinning. Down side to this is the cube has to be spinning fast and the leds would be pointed toward the center of the cube for the switch to work (IMO).

If it all works out mine will flash on impact and stay lit when spinning.

Another thought is to just light it once spinning no response to a straight shot....but that is plan B.

#32 11 years ago

Totally dig Ant's idea, that would look sick!

#33 11 years ago

Cards look great

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I'm all over it. Cube will be lit within two weeks of delivery ...now thats up to Stern when I get it.
I have the power source - switch- light here....just waiting on test boards and the inside of the cube specs.
Biggest thing is keeping the cube balanced where it will not rotate forward due to added weight.
Valve caps are speed sensitive switches that will light once the cube is spinning. Down side to this is the cube has to be spinning fast and the leds would be pointed toward the center of the cube for the switch to work (IMO).
Another thought is to just light it once spinning no response to a straight shot....but that is plan B.

That would be cool also. Going to play with some passive ideas using refractive light since there is LEDs in the spinning disc. But, would consider a lighted version too depending on what you come up with. Sounds like there will be a bunch of options quickly...

#35 11 years ago

great one Ant68, will have see what the spin speed is to light up.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Totally dig Ant's idea, that would look sick!

I'd love to see something like what Ant describes with the Whirlwind spinning disks.

Chris

#37 11 years ago

My Duncan Pulse runs off a small watch battery. It usually lasts about 3 months before I change it out.

It might be too bright for a mod though.

DP in action:

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

With the cube, i have been thinking about a simple 3d printed model out of a ABS plastic and when it spins it has a small bearing the shifts to complete a lighting circuit that can activate a led. The 3d printed model would be cheap to print and light weight and finished with the right colour design vinyl design.
Just have to wait to see how big the cube is on the machine and feel it can be slightly smaller as well.

Cards look fantastic. You should start doing alternate translites as well.

For the cosmic cube it would be way simpler to put a light behind it that shines through when the cube is spinning, rather than try and put a light inside. I would think a four color LED would be good, then constuct a clear cube that has two panels with reflective mirror coating on the insides. That way when it's spinning the four colors will bounce of the mirrored panels inside and shoot light everywhere.

#39 11 years ago

screen-capture-8.pngscreen-capture-8.png

thanks guys for the positive feedback on the cards guys, much appreciated - will do a BW one soon

I am also thinking a Capt. America shield mod on the back lane that either spins when you get all four lights up or a circle of leds (like the ufo pop bumper lights) under the shield that light up when you get all four lights up with the arrow flashing at the back of the playfield covering the ugly switch bracket. This would aid the function that on the pro you can't see the Capt. American last couple of inserts.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Won't this take away from the free movement of the cube?

#41 11 years ago

If you can maintain the same centre of gravity, the spin maybe ever so slowed down which I don't think will matter as it appears to spin very well.

#42 11 years ago

one Black Widow rules card

Avengers_BW_Rules_(White).jpgAvengers_BW_Rules_(White).jpg

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Won't this take away from the free movement of the cube?

If you keep it balanced even if not perfect - quick answer no wires will be fine or will not be made .

#44 11 years ago

just finished my artistic view of a Avengers Pro with Hulk Metallic Green Metal Trim (with button guards), Hinge and Legs. I did this I am getting a Pro.

What do you reckon?

I will do a blue and red trim to gives others a idea as well over the next week.

screen-capture-6.pngscreen-capture-6.png

#45 11 years ago

If you're doing all that may as well get a green xpin Dmd.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

If you're doing all that may as well get a green xpin Dmd.

good point, will have to look into it later.

#48 11 years ago

pinball decals mirrored buttons and flippers

avengersbuttons.JPGavengersbuttons.JPG avengers_side.JPGavengers_side.JPG

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

pinball decals mirrored buttons and flippers

Those look great. Thanks for posting the pic. I've got a set waiting here to go on my game when it arrives.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

How about one of those motion powered LED's like they have in Razor scooter and wheel chair wheels? Would that be enough to light it up? The fading in fading out as it spun might look cool too.

EDIT: So they arent motion powered they just close the contact when you move....gotcha. Hmm...really? That motion cant power a little ol LED?

I know of some that are motion powered. The spinning does power them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.