• Avengers LE 17 votes
    21%

(82 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (5).gif
100_0185 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Looking to add another pinball machine I have it narrowed down to two different machines. Played both can’t decide. This spot in my collection is the rotating spot 6 months to a year. Which one would you get and briefly why? Maybe someone’s feedback can help me decide.

#2 3 years ago

I prefer DP even the pro to Avengers LE. I could never get into Avengers.

#3 3 years ago

Deadpool Pro. Really fun to shoot. Arguably my favorite layout of any modern Stern.

#4 3 years ago

Deadpool pro- great audio/visual and a cool, unique layout. Lots of fun. Definitely regret selling mine

#6 3 years ago

I'm waiting to see if a-n-y-o-n-e says Avengers over DP!

#7 3 years ago

WTF??? Is this a real question or a joke?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

WTF??? Is this a real question or a joke?

Yes it is a real question. Do you always work with a closed mind or just make it a practice to criticize a different opinion? Maybe your question is just a joke?

#9 3 years ago

That was the best you could come up with?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Definitely not. But I’m eagerly looking forward to his follow up!

#11 3 years ago

Yes. Even my lol's are better than Avengers LE.

#12 3 years ago

The most (Under rated pinball) I have owned (fantastic) . IMO.

Unique design

Music sound track. It is excellent. There is one track that is full of great rock and roll with a solid bass and lead guitar that will make you head bang. Lots of cool sound effects. You can here HULK call out SMASH in the back ground as if he is a back-up singer.

Each character has there own sound track. The rules are solid. The unique play field lay out is very hard but refreshing. This is a very addicting pinball from the 4 different Skill shot. To the LED lighting that changes colors in each mode you are in. Awesome. Great multi-balls , and there are many. To collecting the different avengers. And going into a versus mode against the avengers you have collected is very hard and rewarding. It is one of the Best pinball's ever made IMO . And I have been collecting for 26 years.

100_0185 (resized).JPG100_0185 (resized).JPG
#13 3 years ago

So, it's DP for you too Rob?

#14 3 years ago

Haven't seen ya in awhile Rob, good to see ya!
I'm just givin OP shit dude cause the thread is slightly ridiculous. DP is so damn good. But honestly I don't have enough time on Avengers to know how bad it is. Just kidding. I do.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

#16 3 years ago

Deadpool pro is my choice.
I’ve owned a Hulk LE and I couldn’t tweak it enough to enjoy it. Trust me, I really, really, really wanted to like it.
I bought DP right when it came out and traded it when Munsters came out hoping it would be the better title. After the code matured on DP and it ultimately didn’t on Munsters (my opinion) I ended up trading it back with the same guy.
I still own it and I sold Maiden and JP over it!

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Scarlett Johansson crotch on the Playfield is all I need.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Scarlett Johansson crotch on the Playfield is all I need.

Good point. But the glass always gets in the way of my sniffing.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

The most (Under rated pinball) I have owned (fantastic) . IMO.
Unique design
Music sound track. It is excellent. There is one track that is full of great rock and roll with a solid bass and lead guitar that will make you head bang. Lots of cool sound effects. You can here HULK call out SMASH in the back ground as if he is a back-up singer.
Each character has there own sound track. The rules are solid. The unique play field lay out is very hard but refreshing. This is a very addicting pinball from the 4 different Skill shot. To the LED lighting that changes colors in each mode you are in. Awesome. Great multi-balls , and there are many. To collecting the different avengers. And going into a versus mode against the avengers you have collected is very hard and rewarding. It is one of the Best pinball's ever made IMO . And I have been collecting for 26 years.[quoted image]

Thanks for the feedback. How has reliability been for you that is my other concern. In the pinball community people have a ton of group think and it goes one way or another. Either it’s the best even or it’s the worst ever.

#20 3 years ago

How has reliability been for you that is my other concern.

It’s a SAM system so it has that going for it. SAM in my experience is solid as a rock

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Deadpool pro is my choice.
I’ve owned a Hulk LE and I couldn’t tweak it enough to enjoy it. Trust me, I really, really, really wanted to like it.
I bought DP right when it came out and traded it when Munsters came out hoping it would be the better title. After the code matured on DP and it ultimately didn’t on Munsters (my opinion) I ended up trading it back with the same guy.
I still own it and I sold Maiden and JP over it!

Thanks I have played a couple of Avengers maybe 30+ times never had an issue with gameplay. But it seems many have issues and that I see as a negative.

#22 3 years ago

Avengers for me too. Satisfying shots (some difficult), great theme integration, great looks. Color DMD is a must have on this one IMO. I've had mine since 2014 and never had an issue (after I repaired the problems caused by the original owner).

I don't have much time on Dead Pool Pro but my friend has a premium I've played a lot and I've played the pro a few times at shows. Its a fun game with good rules/objectives. Good toys and shot variety. I find some of the shots clunky and inconsistent (I know, many say the same about AVLE too). The multiball lock shot is the most frustrating, you need to hit it not too fast or too slow for it to make it through the labyrinth (this might be a premium only issue). The biggest non-starter for me is it is comic book/video game based and not movie based. This game would have been a must-have for me if Ryan Reynolds would have voiced it.

I think the clunkyness of a game varies from example to example. With tweaking, any game can shoot better and that is clearly the case for AVLE and many other recent titles like Dead Pool and Star Wars. The manufacturing variances of these hand assembled complex machines has made this a reality forever. A friend of mine loved playing my AVLE to the point they bought one of their own. Theirs played so frustrating different from mine that they sold it.

#23 3 years ago

Avengers LE is what got me back into pinball. There was one in the company office a few years back and it was tons of fun. However, I loved it because I was comparing Avengers LE to not playing pinball. After having experience most of the great games of the last decade, I'd take Deadpool over Avengers all day long.

Additionally, the one in the company office had THOR drop targets and a Hulk bridge that constantly had to be repaired, along with an almost impossible black widow shot.

Are they both fun? Yes! Is DP more fun and easier to maintain... yes!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24 3 years ago

Deadpool is really a top pin - any of the models. You lose a little with the Pro but not enough to pass on it. This is also coming from someone that could care less about the Deadpool theme. If you are a Deadpool fan, even better!

#25 3 years ago

If nothing else Deadpool will be easier to sell in 6 months or a year.

#26 3 years ago

Yes it is a real question. Do you always work with a closed mind or just make it a practice to criticize a different opinion? Maybe your question is just a joke?

Great, now that I know this isn’t a joke, let me give you my opinion, not from a close minded person, but from someone who enjoys both games. That being said, Deadpool is a winner by 5 miles. I owned an Avengers LE for about 1 year. Unlike many, I loved the game, thought the music was good, liked the art and enjoyed the tight shots. That being said, the game is clunky and there were a lot of new concepts that George struggled with on this game. The cross over ramp is awesome, but was not perfected and the spinner was oddly located.........I still love the shot. The right loop was way too tight and the bridge lifting is a train wreck, I disabled mine. In additional, many balls got trapped in the hulk and the cross over arrow is directly in the way of your view. If you buy one, be sure to defuse the light tube in the back box as the glare is brutal, also get the light mod for the spinning cube, makes it awesome. Regarding Deadpool, there is not doubt in my mind, George was obsessed with perfecting some of his thoughts on Avengers for Deadpool.........and he did! Deadpool is Avengers 2.0 x10 and it is simply a masterpiece. Unique shots, great coding, amazing art! In my opinion Deadpool is a top 5 game of all time. Avengers is a top 50. Good luck, you will love both either way.

#27 3 years ago

A properly working Avengers LE is underrated as heck. Surprisingly deep (8 multiballs) and has some very cool features with Hulk destroying the right ramp and the stainless steel Hawkeye ramp crossover. Not to forget the great coding of the 3 different color GI lighting.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

A properly working Avengers LE is underrated as heck. Surprisingly deep (8 multiballs) and has some very cool features with Hulk destroying the right ramp and the stainless steel Hawkeye ramp crossover. Not to forget the great coding of the 3 different color GI lighting.

Sure...I can agree with all that. But it's still not even in the same zip code as Deadpool.

#29 3 years ago

I actually think that they are both good games. I also think that avengers is underrated. Still, I would cast for DP. And if you do decide you're going to get an avengers, make sure you replace that ugly rainbow GI. Stock lighting on that game is like half pinball, half christmas tree.

#30 3 years ago

The thing that is REALLY attractive about an Avengers LE is the price. I remember seeing one sell here last year for like, 3800.
You guys got me wanting to play one now...

#31 3 years ago

But still, DP, all day everyday. SO GOOD!

#32 3 years ago

Avengers needs a LOT of tweaking to be good...and when you get it there, it’s a decent Monster Bash type game. It still has 2 fundamental problems:

-The sling switch holes are too small. Due to this, after a handful of games, the slings totally lose their sensitivity cuz the back part of the leaf switch gets bent.

- The game becomes easier the longer you play. Once you get into the Vs. modes, the game is non-stop multiball & it just becomes quite boring rather than feeling like you earned your way into a long game.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Avengers for me too. Satisfying shots (some difficult), great theme integration, great looks. Color DMD is a must have on this one IMO. I've had mine since 2014 and never had an issue (after I repaired the problems caused by the original owner).
I don't have much time on Dead Pool Pro but my friend has a premium I've played a lot and I've played the pro a few times at shows. Its a fun game with good rules/objectives. Good toys and shot variety. I find some of the shots clunky and inconsistent (I know, many say the same about AVLE too). The multiball lock shot is the most frustrating, you need to hit it not too fast or too slow for it to make it through the labyrinth (this might be a premium only issue). The biggest non-starter for me is it is comic book/video game based and not movie based. This game would have been a must-have for me if Ryan Reynolds would have voiced it.
I think the clunkyness of a game varies from example to example. With tweaking, any game can shoot better and that is clearly the case for AVLE and many other recent titles like Dead Pool and Star Wars. The manufacturing variances of these hand assembled complex machines has made this a reality forever. A friend of mine loved playing my AVLE to the point they bought one of their own. Theirs played so frustrating different from mine that they sold it.

Thanks for your opinion. I enjoy the challenge of Avengers and the relative depth of it for home. You are right Deadpool Ryan Reynolds i would not even consider Avengers. Have trouble relating to the comic style mixed with the 80’s/90’s video game sounds.

#34 3 years ago

What I really dig about Deadpool also is it has a lot of throwback sounds to an early 80s pin. I dont know of any other layout I can compare it to. It's like a remix of Blackout, plus ramps and totally juiced. Dig it!

#35 3 years ago

I have a DP local and that's why I won't let myself buy it. But DAMMIT JIM.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Great, now that I know this isn’t a joke, let me give you my opinion, not from a close minded person, but from someone who enjoys both games. That being said, Deadpool is a winner by 5 miles. I owned an Avengers LE for about 1 year. Unlike many, I loved the game, thought the music was good, liked the art and enjoyed the tight shots. That being said, the game is clunky and there were a lot of new concepts that George struggled with on this game. The cross over ramp is awesome, but was not perfected and the spinner was oddly located.........I still love the shot. The right loop was way too tight and the bridge lifting is a train wreck, I disabled mine. In additional, many balls got trapped in the hulk and the cross over arrow is directly in the way of your view. If you buy one, be sure to defuse the light tube in the back box as the glare is brutal, also get the light mod for the spinning cube, makes it awesome. Regarding Deadpool, there is not doubt in my mind, George was obsessed with perfecting some of his thoughts on Avengers for Deadpool.........and he did! Deadpool is Avengers 2.0 x10 and it is simply a masterpiece. Unique shots, great coding, amazing art! In my opinion Deadpool is a top 5 game of all time. Avengers is a top 50. Good luck, you will love both either way.

Thanks for the feedback. From reading Avengers not set up right/perfectly the game can be a real shit show that is my biggest fear. I am looking for a good, unique layout/features to go with my other Stern which is the more run of the mill fan layout.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

There is where difficulty in my decision because your statement about Avengers is why I like to play it so much. For home I like having a game that can be brutal but because of that it feels great to have a great game.

#38 3 years ago
tenor (5).giftenor (5).gif
#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

[quoted image]

Just personally 10K tied up in a couple of indoor toys is enough.

#40 3 years ago

If you can get that AV for 3500ish then you should try to get both man.

#41 3 years ago

I just swayed myself.
You should be able to get a REALLY good deal on AV so I would do that. You can always pick up a DP.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've actually swayed myself.
You should be able to get a REALLY good deal on AV so I would do that. You can always pick up a DP.

An Avengers LE for $3500? Most I have seen are 5000 to 6000. Most I have seen also are nicely modded color DMD and more.

#44 3 years ago

I actually like Avengers. Great theme. Interesting shots. Cool hulk toy.

That said, it's not even close! Deadpool wins.

#45 3 years ago

AV is DEF not worth 5-6k.
Do as thou wilt. Im done with your thread I'm gonna bump this shit all night tho lol

#46 3 years ago

Am I the only one that reads this as your mind is made up? If it’s rotating, seems you want avle so get it, play it then rotate for dp if your not convinced later. Either way your still playing pinball. Play what you want

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-vs-deadpool-pro?hl=tgr81dk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.