Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0774.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
#1 11 years ago

1) really hard to play…
2) ok, I got 40M finally, so one of 10 not bad…
3) ok, this is the only machine I own that I'm screaming at when I miss a shot and the final ball drains….Love it.

Can't decide if the music does it for me, but I like the call outs, just wish there was some humor in it.

Quality, getting better, but….

Issues:
1) Ball can't make it up the ramp from a plunger shot, but does on auto. Issue is "the plunger is off center, I'll have to remount it).
2) Ball gets stuck under hulk arm on left side then it searches lifts the bridge and bridge can sometimes stay stuck in the up position. I've also had it get stuck on the inside once as well.
Sends up two balls occasionally, once the ball slammed into the trough so hard that it pushed two balls on top of the coil and left one of the opts empty, leaving it to search endlessly for "missing pinball"
3) Left in lane not lighting, oops that's just me not seeing through the plastic (covered in other post). ... lighting loki is a challenge (it would be nice if easy mode left them on between balls…..hmmm, maybe too easy) same problem with upper right lane at top….exactly what does the plastic that covers it do??
4) at first, almost thought that it needs a post between flippers, but once I changed to not going to the hulk or tesseract shot, it was less of a problem.
5) Yes side drains are very open! still deciding if I want to make the mod (other post) on using the less hard position), but probably will or I'll be the only one it the family that plays it.
6) Still trying to figure out the lighting strategy of the top lanes...
7) Something buzzes, when I hit the hawk ramp like it's trying to move but doesn't, and I also hear flasher relay but nothing flashes.

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

Can't decide if the music does it for me, but I like the call outs, just wish there was some humor in it.

Not great humor but the callouts when you plunge the ball originally from each of the Avengers is pretty good.

Great game and only gets better the more you play.

#3 11 years ago

I think I figured out the plunger design problem. The new apron design has the playfield hangers spaced from the playfield by about half a centimeter. That distance puts the plunger tip that much farther from the ball which causes the plunger to not strike the ball solidly. One thing that helps is to remove the silver colored washer that is at the shooter handle.

Another problem with the shooter lane ramp is that the ramp itself can sit above the shooter lane slightly at the beginning of the ramp (the entrance prongs of the ramp) and cause the ball to jump. I was having some that would hit the right side and bounce hard to the left. Last night I was able to put some sticky tape stuff on the underside of the ramp to make sure the ramp stays down to the wood of the shooter.

http://www.amazon.com/Olympic-468MP-0-5in-Adhesive-Transfer/dp/B007Y7CYL0/ref=sr_1_2

#4 11 years ago

I'm even having problems on auto plunger. Sometimes the ball (very rarely) after being hit, jumps off the ramp and hits the glass. Very, very poor design in my opinion.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from redmamanora:

I'm even having problems on auto plunger. Sometimes the ball (very rarely) after being hit, jumps off the ramp and hits the glass. Very, very poor design in my opinion.

That is likely from the ramp not sitting flush with the wood at the entrance. The ramp entrance needs to be touching the wood firmly or the ball is going to hop when it gets to the ramp.
The adhesive should fix that for the most part.

http://www.amazon.com/Olympic-468MP-0-5in-Adhesive-Transfer/dp/B007Y7CYL0/ref=sr_1_2

#6 11 years ago

I will give that a good look. Thanks for offering your insight.

#7 11 years ago

Got this last night...two extra balls in the first ball. Also got Loki twice and Hulk once. Game is awesome. Both of my outlane posts are in the down position but I find the game dialed in perfectly.

Also, put some high end acrylic on your saucer hole. I've had ONE bounce out in like 50 times of rolling it up the BW ramp. It's definitely helped. Also, it really reels the little slow roller in because the hole is nice and hard around the edges.

Also, beware of the spinner coming loose. It will require the number 3 IKEA wrench in order to secure it back on. Just use the little wrench and your fingers to hold the post while you tighten. DO NOT try and use a wrench over the playfield as you may drop it on the playfield.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Got this last night...two extra balls in the first ball. Also got Loki twice and Hulk once. Game is awesome. Both of my outlane posts are in the down position but I find the game dialed in perfectly.
Also, put some high end acrylic on your saucer hole. I've had ONE bounce out in like 50 times of rolling it up the BW ramp. It's definitely helped. Also, it really reels the little slow roller in because the hole is nice and hard around the edges.
Also, beware of the spinner coming loose. It will require the number 3 IKEA wrench in order to secure it back on. Just use the little wrench and your fingers to hold the post while you tighten. DO NOT try and use a wrench over the playfield as you may drop it on the playfield.

Nice! Got my Avengers Blue last night! Your doing much better playing than me! Great game and thanks for the saucer hole tip!

#9 11 years ago

I put skinny posts at the minimum position of my outlanes. As for the hulk stuck balls, you have a problem with either your opto wheel or pressure plate switch. Check out this thread for more info on that.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulk-hangups-fix-easy

As with all new games in a collection, getting a grasp of the rules, layout, and dialing in the game equates to some pretty intense games. Such as this one I had....

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Whoa eskaybee , what a score .

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Can you expand on what you use and how you apply this?

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

+1. With pics, please!

#14 11 years ago

Since you may not be able to read it in the pictures it's called:

Sally Hansen
"No Chip"
Acrylic Top Coat

Got it on sale for $3.99 but it's usually $6.99 but well worth it.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Quoted from bemmett:

I apply it VERY carefully...you don't want it getting on the playfield. I apply it like I would if I was building a model as a kid with the glue. It's not as dramatic as that but I would just make sure you are sober with a good amount of light. Then it's easy. There is a brush but you can always to out and get a finer paint brush to make sure you are getting all the spots of the saucer.

Definitely works!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

7) Something buzzes, when I hit the hawk ramp like it's trying to move but doesn't, and I also hear flasher relay but nothing flashes.

there is a magnet diverter that directs the ball to the Loki lock or to the crossover ramp. That's the buzzing.

#16 11 years ago

Additionally, if you have Hawk Eye qualified, the Loki lock pin retracts as soon as the ball trips the optical sensor at the top of the ramp. That allows the ball to come straight down the ramp without a delay at the lock, so you can keep shooting the ramp quickly. It buzzes for several seconds while the ball roles down the ramp.

#17 11 years ago

Egbert had nail polish handy : )

#18 11 years ago

Seems like Avengers Blue has slightly more issues out of the box than Hulk? No reason they should be different, just a mental score I've been keeping.

Like the T-H-O-R drop targets reset issue, which is bad, was only seen in some guy's Avengers Blue video. Never seen it on a Hulk. Strange.

#19 11 years ago

Bridge damage to hulks fist. anybody else have the bridge not raise all the way and rest on hulks hand. seems random about 50% of the time.

IMG_0774.jpgIMG_0774.jpg

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

Bridge damage to hulks fist. anybody else have the bridge not raise all the way and rest on hulks hand. seems random about 50% of the time.

I'm really glad you posted this. After roughly 100 plays I have some slight scratching on Hulks right knuckle...they look like small paring knife scratches but nothing like yours.

It's a good thing that Stern is making more Hulk figures. I may buy a few extra because of this. Any ideas on how to protect Hulk's arm?

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

I have this also. My son noticed it the other day.

#22 11 years ago

Is the part that rests on hulks hand sharp?

If so, perhaps a mild wet sanding (with the grain already present) with super fine sandpaper to take the edge off?

This might help a bit....

#23 11 years ago

Maybe some Mylar on the back edge of the ramp would prevent it

#24 11 years ago

I have an Avengers Blue and have not had many issues at all. The bridge stuck up once because it was hitting the glass. I adjusted the plastic on it and viola! Hulk finds the stuck ball really fast without game delay to speak of. I did tighten my outlanes. I also changed my flasher bulbs to LEDs. Much better. Great game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-thoughts-and-out-of-the-box-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.