(Topic ID: 34151)

avengers le not using the voices of the actual actors is a huge letdown to me

By rockfantasyman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Post edited by rockfantasyman : was done my mistake

#2 11 years ago

No one form the movie wanted to do them their was nothing stern could do. I actually have a lot of play time on the game and love it and think the voices they went with are great. Put some mor eplaytime in on it. I have several friends that it bothered at first but then once you play awhile you can get a good feel for where they went with the voices and it actually is a really good package

#3 11 years ago

I'm mildy dissapointed. But the sound alikes are not that bad. Fury is indeed the "worst" of the bunch though.

#4 11 years ago

Yeah fury is the worst but the others sound good and hulk sounds real good. I think overall they did a good job; lets not forget the music too here guys. I know tron and iron man have greta music, but that was just copy and paste music; whereas Avengers is all original and is very something great
and special

#5 11 years ago

yea hopefully i will come around on this . but isn't this the first game based on a film that does not have actual soundbites ? it's early in the morning and i am trying to think

#6 11 years ago

Massive let down for me and it is the reason I pulled the plug on making my deposit for a LE, the fact that our stern distributor here is aus would not commit to deposit refunds before the videos were released was also very much in mind.

Why is this game a mish mash of movie based art and custom audio, dots etc?
It makes no sense to me at all, it should have been one way or the other.

#7 11 years ago

Aside from initial disappoint I now have no problem with it whatsoever. The more I play it the more satisfied I am for what it is. I think it would be awesome if Sam Jackson and RDjr were cracking wise. They're not, it's still a great machine.

#8 11 years ago

Haven't heard avengers but have heard XM. I'm okay with voice actors but they need to have some actual talent. XM is bad all around and sounds pretty amateurish.

#9 11 years ago

Yeah I thought the same thing with xmen sound wise; the whole package is killer on avengers compared to x men

#10 11 years ago

Custom speech is better, no doubt having actors actually do speech is awesome but not common. Just using tags from the movie is limiting. To maximize the pin custom speech is a must, but sounding right is key.

#11 11 years ago

If someone is going to let the lack of an actor talking to them get in the way of enjoying a great pinball machine, there is little hope for this community. We are such a bunch of ingrates and whiners.

#12 11 years ago

I have been saying it was a wicked ball drop and let down for a week and a half now

and then taking some crap from people about my opinion.... thinkin i'm nuts...

Get GOOD quality voice impersonators, they are around and dont cost 60k a track...

dont use the guy from the 7-11 up the street...after he just got done firing one up out behing the dumpster....

And no, i didnt let it make me cancel, so i wouldnt be able to enjoy what could be a great PF, and a potentially great game...

but i'm still not thrilled about the choice...

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If someone is going to let the lack of an actor talking to them get in the way of enjoying a great pinball machine

I agree, while it's really cool when done properly (LOTR, SM, TSPP) it really elevates the experience. But i never found a game bad because lack of the real actors not being featured. I can understand though that some will be bothered, and the experience will be less great for them. Depends on how big of a fan you are of the theme. I'm still heartbroken about Peter Cullen not doing custom speech on TF. That would have been the bomb for me!
But honestly? I doubt that i would have found the game better because of it. I really dig TF because the game is great for me, the custom speech would have just been extra gravy!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I have been saying it was a wicked ball drop and let down for a week and a half now
Get GOOD quality voice impersonators, they are around and dont cost 60k a track...
dont use the guy from the 7-11 up the street...after he just got done firing one up out behing the dumpster....
And no, i didnt let it make me cancel, so i wouldnt be able to enjoy what could be a great PF, and a potentially great game...

No one is against you for having an opinion. Unfortunately you don't have an opinion though because you've never seen the game.

#15 11 years ago

Real actors = best scenario... not happening they didnt want to...

rips from the movie = second best scenario.... didnt happen .. why ? who will ever know..not us !

Real quality voice impersonators, not very expensive, and super realistic most of the time, and not comic voice actors.. = 3rd best scenario....nope not that either....

The 7-11 guys and gals...doing costom voicing for us.... thats what we got...

In all seriousness, i heard audio on the vids, and was not impressed, as opposed to the audio quality we got in IM...

its a total bummer to know that in MY OPINON, i feel short changed a bit... the IM route woulda been theway to go for sure....

Audio in AV's is what it is...i really hope it is as good as it could be for the worst case scenario the gave us...

maybe i will appreciate it for just that..... that they did the best job they could with the worst materials possible, and it came out good...

thats the best i can say..

#16 11 years ago

It's Marvel's own voice talent, Gerry. Take your 7-11 silliness and stick it up your rectum. Stop bombing every thread with your stupid drivel. Broken record. Shut up already, gas bag.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It's Marvel's own voice talent, Gerry. Take your 7-11 silliness and stick it up your rectum. Stop bombing every thread with your stupid drivel. Broken record. Shut up already, gas bag.

Testy testy....

get ahold of your self, getting quite personal arent you ?

i bet Samuel Jackson would think it sucked Gambit Dong, dont you...

RDJr would probably throw up in his IM helmet if he heard the vid audio i listened to...

get somewhat realistic here dude....admit it is sub par for the theme opprotunity they had at their disposal.... ITS A "MOVIE BASED PIN" NOT A COMIC OR TOY BASED PIN...

they chose the worst of 4 options give ME a break...

I'm right, your wrong, thats pretty much how i see it now....

And BTW, Then Marvels talent sucks, just ask SLJ..... have a nice christmas

#18 11 years ago

And Gambit, apparently i'm not alone in my opinions...

Sorry to let ya down...

Cheers...

#19 11 years ago

Geez this forum is turning into the Real Housewives of Pinball.

#20 11 years ago

I don't really think Stern is to blame here. Marvel tells Stern who to use for voice actors on the games. It is their license, everything has to go through them.

#21 11 years ago

you can't blame anyone for this its way to expensive to get these actors. The ones they have are fine. VO actors are extremely expensive especially ones of this caliber.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Gerry, while I believe u r putting the cart before the horse here...you have put your money where your mouth is. Your concern is relative to your investment ... as opposed to being a nattering nabob of negatism whose ignorance of a game makes their opinions next to worthless.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

yea hopefully i will come around on this . but isn't this the first game based on a film that does not have actual soundbites ? it's early in the morning and i am trying to think

Pirates had zero from the movie. That being said, I think the Jack Sparrow soundalike was really well done. Others may disagree...but it's waaay closer to Johnny Depp than any of the BDK or most of the Avengers sound alikes are to their actors.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Gerry, while I believe u r putting the cart before the horse here...you have put your money where your mouth is. Your concern is relative to your investment ... as opposed to being a nattering nabob of negatism whose ignorance of a game makes their opinions next to worthless.

Pinball machines are not investments.

#25 11 years ago

Voice rips from a movie second best?...ok, uh, maybe...but I don't remember a whole lot of scintillating dialogue from The Avengers...maybe 2 or 3 laugh out loud lines tops. And we all know that vid rips suck ass in pinball and custom dots are WAY better! So.....if the actual MOVIE (vid rips) sucks in a pin...why do we have to get our panties in a bunch about the sound? Hmmmm?

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

Pinball machines are not investments.

He's vested to the tune of $7k in it...what's your point? He's invested in the entertainment of pinball, not to make a profit.

#27 11 years ago

i love the voice of hulk in it and thor sounds great too

#28 11 years ago

Ah-hah! Steve, are you coming around?!

#29 11 years ago

Having recently played IJ4, no simply using movie quotes isn't necessarily better.

If the acting is at the very least better than X-men, count your blessings.

Its all pale to STTNG anyway.

#30 11 years ago

after playing it this morningin an empty store and having some quiet time i actually think they did a great job with the voice overs the hulk sounds great ! trying to play it during in a busy retail shop . thor sounds great too ! yes i am coming around 360 . i actually tried to delete the post ! lol but could not figure out how too ! i truly apologize

#31 11 years ago

yea everyone that has given it a whirl at the rock fantasy concert shop simply loves the gameplay . stern has a real winner i think !

#32 11 years ago

yes i am coming around 360

I think you mean 180. With 360, you are at the same point you started.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Geez this forum is turning into the Real Housewives of Pinball.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

you can't blame anyone for this its way to expensive to get these actors. The ones they have are fine. VO actors are extremely expensive especially ones of this caliber.

Look all im sayin is that there are pics of the actors in a movie in the pin...

this pin is based on a movie....

IM was based on a movie, a marvel movie..IM's audio is NOT bested by many games, who knows maybe none... but again thats subjective as well....

Sega and B/W's used quality voice impersonators in pins for years, impersonating famous people and did it with great sucess...

And the sold those pins at the current market rate back then....mid to high 2's for NIB games...

Stern could have afforded it, no problem, at todays prices the cost of actors and pins should all be realative, as a matter of fact, the actors are probably cheaper in relation to inflation that the pins are at......

From what i heard on the vids posted so far, i'm not impressed, that could change, dont know i hope it does...

being a movie based pin, i think other options would have been a better choice to tie the movie and pin more into one another... again my opinion...

The movie had 2 hrs of funny and exciting dialog to choose from, to implement into the pin...

the IM scenario seems as though it woulda been a solid winner hands down by default...

i hope what they delivered will win me over..really i do... time will tell for me, thats all....

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

thats all....

We can only hope.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

We can only hope.

Ha!!!

#38 11 years ago

+1

#39 11 years ago

This is in part because pinball has lost the licensing talent of the 90's. Sharpe and Kaminkow. Those guys knew how to work with the studios, negotiate, schmooze, etc to get what they wanted from the title, or they'd simply pass.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

This is in part because pinball has lost the licensing talent of the 90's. Sharpe and Kaminkow. Those guys knew how to work with the studios, negotiate, schmooze, etc to get what they wanted from the title, or they'd simply pass.

+1

#41 11 years ago

did anyone actually think that Mark Ruffalo would sign on to do all the "Hulk Jackpot" call-outs?

#42 11 years ago

yes i am coming around 360

Quoted from goodgameslover:

I think you mean 180. With 360, you are at the same point you started.

#43 11 years ago

Getting one or two A-list actors geeky enough to do pinball voiceovers inexpensively is difficult, getting 12 to do it, probably impossible.

Back in the B/W days, you sold 12,000+ pins, you had a budget to fly your audio engineer out with a DAT recorder to capture the voice acting.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah fury is the worst but the others sound good and hulk sounds real good. I think overall they did a good job; lets not forget the music too here guys. I know tron and Iron Man have greta music, but that was just copy and paste music; whereas Avengers is all original and is very something great
and special

They aren't using the music either? Weak. Well, let's hope its still great as you say! Are you talking about the hero music pieces that were revealed by Stern? That's a bit too orchestral for me, but I need to play to find out for sure.

#45 11 years ago

On XMen I didn't mind them using non movie voices because the pin is themed on the comic, not the movie. I actually don't mind the voice acting EXCEPT for Beast. It's so awful and amateurish that it sticks out. The rest are fine, though.

The Avengers pin is clearly themed after the movie given all the movie likenesses. However the callouts (especially Hulk) are all from the comics. So that's a bit confusing, blending the two. The Avengers callouts I think are fine except for Nick Fury. Samuel L. Jackson has such a distinct voice, and given the movie you EXPECT to hear his voice as Nick Fury.

#46 11 years ago

I would MUCH rather have well done voice actors (what we got here) vs just movie rips. . I love hulk and Iron man and the bunch talking about PINBALL not about the movie!!!!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Pinball had a much larger production number back then, larger budgets and bigger chunks of money to give to the Studios. We are lucky we have pinball at all really. Thanks to the home Market(You Guys), Gary Stern and others pinball is still alive.. If pinball market was still arcades and Street locations like it was in the 1990 it would be OVER. Every time you guys buy a pinball you are doing a small piece of keeping pinball alive.. Every Part, every Bulb and so on.......

But lets quit bashing on Stern or JJP because that's not how it was done in 1990's because its not the same business any more.. Its a Home Recreation Business with a Coin Op Side.

#48 11 years ago

Amen JJ. By the way, check your email!

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

We are lucky we have pinball at all really. Thanks to the home Market(You Guys), Gary Stern and others pinball is still alive..

Not according to Gary. He still goes around telling another tale.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from dasmb:

Having recently played IJ4, no simply using movie quotes isn't necessarily better.
If the acting is at the very least better than X-men, count your blessings.
Its all pale to STTNG anyway.

IJ4 should not be used as a level for measuring anything, unless you are measuring just how much a perfect license can be under utilized in a pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-not-using-the-voices-of-the-actual-actors-is-a-huge-letdown-to-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.