• Thumbs SIDEWAYS 38 votes
    29%

(133 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-263.jpg
image-123.jpg
Avengers Tesseract Spinner Assembly.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 9 years ago

No recent Stern has escaped QC problems. AVLE had more than its fair share and got reamed for it. But all has been remedied and the game plays fun and fast. It's hard with an unconventional layout (go figure!). It it were named "Iron Maiden" it would be in the top 10.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Who cradles the ball for 2 minutes?

Stern transistors suck! Hardly unique to AV.

And the HE shot is "easy" until you need it to start Battle For Earth!

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I think it sucks how the inlane inserts are blocked by the plastics. How the F did they miss that?
Also it's a bummer the Thor targets are covered by plastics. Again, what an oversight.
The Teseract is a total dog turd of crappy plastic & pot metal so you have to mod it & repair it
The Loki plastic with the LEDs blocks your view on the right too. WTF gomez!
Man that plastic ship on the left... What a lame suck ass feature.
The ramps or whatever they are consist of thin bouncy sheets of plexi. Pretty shoddy
GI wedge bulbs are a bummer
Hulks hands are either scratched up or his arms are gone on almost every example I've ever seen
The blue should have came with a blue DMD. The green DMD is dim & lacking contrast. The hulk powdercoat is sorta 1970's too.
It sounds like I hate the game but I dont. The layout is awesome & fresh. I love the fundamentals of the game, I truly do but as they say the devil is in the details. It's often said the last 20% of every project takes 80% of total time (except for JJP where the last 20% takes 300% lol) & in this case Stern certainly pushed this thing out the door way too soon ignoring the 80/20 rule
At first I wanted one, badly. Soon I decided no matter how cheap the money is better put towards something else.

Well, I'd say your missing a great in-home game experience then, but to each his own. That cannon assembly on ACDC looks like ass too (so does the band but it's oh so quaint), but the game around it is great, just sayin'. You mod the cube, buy Hooked's clear inlane plastics and relocate Loki and you've just solved most of your problems.

With the game settings on easy, I can get to Battle For Earth when I'm locked in. And that is a very satisfying game of pinball when that happens.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Toughest game I have ever played.
Good players will get much pleasure out of it once tight shots are mastered.
Provided they are patient with Hulk's arms!

This is what happens when you play ACDC after owning AVLE:

image-123.jpgimage-123.jpg image-263.jpgimage-263.jpg
#62 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Black widow ramp too tight too many rejects.
Iron Man shot also tight.
Tesseract pointless.
Hulk ball hang ups.
Music gets old.
Game could have been very good, but it's flawed. Was rushed!

Saying the Tesseract is pointless is simply saying you don't know the rules of the game. Too bad for you.

Music gets old? Every Avenger has they're own original theme music, most of it pretty freaking rad. It's a pinball machine man, not a greatest hits album by a world class artist.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

A good point for sure ... plus there probabaly aren't that many NIB's left and even if there are they are probably selling for around that 5k mark.

A pinsider just posted some distributor prices he was quoted and he paid around $5,800 for his NIB, which was the LOWEST price he found. Shipped I believe. With the mods he bought he's well over $6k.

Mine is for sale and it's probably one of the best playing versions out there. Already has the tweaking done and the essential Tesseract mod plus some other nice stuff. Can save several hundred $ going the HUO route.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-known-issues?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.