• Thumbs UP 55 votes
    41%
  • Thumbs DOWN 40 votes
    30%
  • Thumbs SIDEWAYS 38 votes
    29%

(133 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-263.jpg
image-123.jpg
Avengers Tesseract Spinner Assembly.JPG

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

In this case you are probably better off buying a used one compared to new. That way it's more than likely dialed in and cheaper!

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

In this case you are probably better off buying a used one compared to new. That way it's more than likely dialed in and cheaper!

Ya think? Maybe so.
How do you like yours?

#53 4 years ago

As someone else stated, it is the most difficult and frustrating pin I have ever owned....thus the reason for selling it a few months ago. It became too much of a chore to get a get score so I had to say bye bye...

#54 4 years ago

The number 1 problem I had with the game was the BW shot. Very tight and lots of rejects if it's not perfect. Although the other shots are also tight, there's also no rejects as you'll hit the switch and it counts, maybe sometime a little rattle on IM. So I'd get into these "Vs" modes and have to hit BW and just miss and miss and miss and miss. That being said, it's extremely satisfying to actually make that shot. Scoring is also totally screwed up with bonus, but in the end you'll judge your game by how far you get toward Battle for Earth and not your score. Still a very fun game and glad I got it own it for a while. Great sound package and the tesseract mod with blue led looks amazing.

#55 4 years ago

I've found that super bands significantly improve ability to make shots in this game. Not sure why, but I used to barely be able to complete BW, now it's usually the first to complete.

#56 4 years ago

I had super bands on mine as well, and I could hit BW 3 or 4 shots in a row fairly frequently.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Ya think? Maybe so.
How do you like yours?

I love mine..last one to leave if I ever get out. Just have to dial it in and get the tesseract mod...I've been seeing them for sale between 4500 and 5000. Not sure what you said you were going to get it new in box for. Any of the tweaking is really minor. My annoyance was that I shouldn't have had to do some of the things like add washers for game I paid 6400 for.

#58 4 years ago

one of the downfalls for the LE was with the Hulk ramp being raised, you then couldn't collect BW during Hulk multiball
What a code stuff up.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

one of the downfalls for the LE was with the Hulk ramp being raised, you then couldn't collect BW during Hulk multiball
What a code stuff up.

I agree , but you can disable the bridge in the software settings. I did this and like the game better. For those few times the ball does get stuck behind Hulks' hands the ball clear function seems to initiate and clear the ball faster.

#60 4 years ago

Black widow ramp too tight too many rejects.

Iron man shot also tight.

Tesseract pointless.

Hulk ball hang ups.

Music gets old.

Game could have been very good, but it's flawed. Was rushed!

#61 4 years ago

I got a Hulk LE earlier this week and am really enjoying it. Wasn't sure what to think at first because I never played one, but it's a fun game.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Iron Man shot also tight.
Tesseract pointless.
Hulk ball hang ups.
Music gets old.

Saying the Tesseract is pointless is simply saying you don't know the rules of the game. Too bad for you.

Music gets old? Every Avenger has they're own original theme music, most of it pretty freaking rad. It's a pinball machine man, not a greatest hits album by a world class artist.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Iron Man shot also tight.
Tesseract pointless.
Hulk ball hang ups.
Music gets old.

Why did you wait until after selling yours last week to say this?

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Music gets old? Every Avenger has they're own original theme music, most of it pretty freaking rad. It's a pinball machine man, not a greatest hits album by a world class artist.

Yup, and set up with an external sub this game sounds friggin awesome.

#65 4 years ago

From everything I've read, it sounds like I would really enjoy this game. I played it a bit at the SFGE, but not enough to be comfortable with the shots.

I did like the ball action, and flow of the game.

Maybe one day...if I had $6000...

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

From everything I've read, it sounds like I would really enjoy this game. I played it a bit at the SFGE, but not enough to be comfortable with the shots.
I did like the ball action, and flow of the game.
Maybe one day...if I had $6000...

You don't need $6k to own AVLE Cody. They sell regularly for less than $5k.

#67 4 years ago

Im not saying Im a great player or anything, but I am top 20 in Illinois this year....

And I cant hit a damn thing on this game. The shots are tight and brutal. Hard games make you a better player for sure. If that sounds like your thing, then its a great time to get one. If you want to play a more casual game then I think there are plenty of other recent Stern games out there you would love.

#68 4 years ago

That was a joke referencing the '$6K budget' thread...I have zero pin cash for the foreseeable future.

Sigh...

Well, there's always the TWD giveaway!

Quoted from RobT:

You don't need $6k to own AVLE Cody. They sell regularly for less than $5k.

#69 4 years ago

How about this logic...If you bought used at say $4500-4700 and don't like it within the 1st 6 months how much of a loss are you realistically taking? Couple hundred for 6months of use maybe? NIB downside is as soon as you open the box it's HUO & you lost money instantly (If it's not a long term keeper).

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

How about this logic...If you bought used at say $4500-4700 and don't like it within the 1st 6 months how much of a loss are you realistically taking? Couple hundred for 6months of use maybe? NIB downside is as soon as you open the box it's HUO & you lost money instantly (If it's not a long term keeper).

A good point for sure ... plus there probabaly aren't that many NIB's left and even if there are they are probably selling for around that 5k mark.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

A good point for sure ... plus there probabaly aren't that many NIB's left and even if there are they are probably selling for around that 5k mark.

A pinsider just posted some distributor prices he was quoted and he paid around $5,800 for his NIB, which was the LOWEST price he found. Shipped I believe. With the mods he bought he's well over $6k.

Mine is for sale and it's probably one of the best playing versions out there. Already has the tweaking done and the essential Tesseract mod plus some other nice stuff. Can save several hundred $ going the HUO route.

#72 4 years ago

I still have a NIB HULK LE for sale. I have it advertised at $5800.

larry@flipnoutpinball.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ceresco, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 16.00
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside