Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from cmproductions:

I wouldn't go near a pro IMO.
/blockquote>

Uh, why is that? I have a pro and love it, fantastic game. Cross ramp does nothing or me. Loki is much better placed in the pro, and doesn't the hulk bridge slow things up? $2k+ for an LE over a pro? I'd avoid he LE at that difference.

#52 10 years ago

It's a fun game. I'm surprised how often I play it since the rules are so simple. Setting the character modes to easy makes it more fun since you get to the vs. modes more often. The layout is interesting and a code update could make it better. It just needs more variety in the rules/objectives.

#53 10 years ago

I'm kind of surprised this game isn't more popular. I know it has some issues, but it's a unique design and great theme. I also think it's difficulty makes it a perfect game for the home (going to take a long time to master). I've been tempted to pull the trigger on one if I can find one for the right price.

#54 10 years ago

I just played it tonight and it reiterated to me why it is my favorite contemporary Stern.

#55 10 years ago

I've put a few games on biglaw's AV Hulk.

I can definitely see the appeal:
tough shots, awesome led lighting, Tesseract! (super fun toy, great sound effects and lights). Call outs don't suck.

Seems like a winner to me,, but I prefer harder games, so...

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Fluke_Starbucker:

The arcade near me sold theirs off which was weird because they have older titles there.
Some guy at the arcade was chewing my ear about how it needed to be worked on all the time etc.
Prices seem low on it too.

For your reading enjoyment.....
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-fix-thread

#57 10 years ago

I backed out the screw that holds the hulk arms in place. There is a slight gap between his arm and his body on the left side of the table as I face it. This seems to also have improved the stuck balls as well.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

- Avengers is a shooters pin. A lot of people don't like it because they have a hard time accomplishing anything. I will say that I miss the pin. Everytime I played TAV a couple times and then played a different pin I would put up a new high score or have a great game. It just makes you a better player!

I had to dial mine in (HULK version) but once dialed in it played great...but there are things on the LE I just could not get past -Hulk traps and cross ramp obstruction. STLE was coming out so I sold HULK to great guy in FL.
Once Avengers was gone I quickly realized why I liked it (layout and great collection rules) so I started my quest to get it back. I went pro this time and love it again.

I quoted Chad on this because I agree 100%. Played one game on Avengers to warm up and stepped up to Avatar and got a top 4 score. Avengers layout - art- rules are just fine once you dial it in.

I would not have an LE again but my Pro will look like and play better (IMO) than an le when I am done with it.

#59 10 years ago

Played Avengers a while ago... didnt do anything for me. And i love the comics

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I had to dial mine in (HULK version) but once dialed in it played great...but there are things on the LE I just could not get past -Hulk traps and cross ramp obstruction. STLE was coming out so I sold HULK to great guy in FL.
Once Avengers was gone I quickly realized why I liked it (layout and great collection rules) so I started my quest to get it back. I went pro this time and love it again.
I quoted Chad on this because I agree 100%. Played one game on Avengers to warm up and stepped up to Avatar and got a top 4 score. Avengers layout - art- rules are just fine once you dial it in.
I would not have an LE again but my Pro will look like and play better (IMO) than an le when I am done with it.

When are you going to make clear plastic for the left side inlane?

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

When are you going to make clear plastic for the left side inlane?

Fear not....as soon as I can. They are driving me nuts. Played about 10 games since I got the pro and maybe played loki multi 4 of those games...nuts. Now those plastics was a clear screw up that could easily have been corrected by Stern.

Anyway hows Feb sound?

#62 10 years ago

Good to me, sooner the better, it's the last little thing I need to make the machine perfect!

#63 10 years ago

I owned a Hulk for a while. I spent a lot of time dialing it in- BW ramp, clear slings, Hulk plate, shooter lane, etc. The tesseract mod is awesome. I loved the LED colors, the music, and quirky call outs. But at the end of the day the code was very dry and repetitive to me... so it's gone.

#64 10 years ago

Does the pro have the same Hulk trapped ball problems as the le? I would assume so, but have never seen a pro in person.

#65 10 years ago

I get no ball traps in hulks arms on my pro. When I first got the machine it was happening, then it stopped. I think the code update may have fixed this. His arms seem to be a little higher and he is more sensitive.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

Does the pro have the same Hulk trapped ball problems as the le? I would assume so, but have never seen a pro in person.

Very few. The bridge mech is so tight on the LE it causes traps on both sides of Hulk. On the pro the right arm side is wide open. The left arm side its more open also....its seems as if they reverse engineered it from a pro to an LE.
The only ball trap I have gotten on Pro is Hulk pounding down on a ball...on the le the ball got stuck behind the arms.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-how-much-does-it-normally-cost/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.