5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

The arcade near me sold theirs off which was weird because they have older titles there.
Some guy at the arcade was chewing my ear about how it needed to be worked on all the time etc.
Prices seem low on it too.

#2 5 years ago

I have seen Le's sell around 5500 huo.

#3 5 years ago

there is one in ct right now for 5000 from eric bundy. i have been tempted on that one for the last few days.

thanks ed

#4 5 years ago

4800 to move one. Because that's what I'll pay.

#5 5 years ago

They are dropping weekly

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

They are dropping weekly

Then they'll all be gone....all the owners will tweak/mod so they look/play awesome....then a sweet update will hit...then people might get curious again...and it'll start gaining

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Then they'll all be gone....all the owners will tweak/mod so they look/play awesome....then a sweet update will hit...then people might get curious again...and it'll start gaining

Nah...Mustang, Hobbit, Predator, JPOPs machines, Full Throttle, and even TBL will drop and sink Avengers price like a rock! I'll be able to trade my JP straight up for it soon! LOL!

#8 5 years ago

Blue ones are worth less than Hulks, and I've seen Hulks move recently at $5500-5700.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Im somewhat amazed at the prices they sell for now, I really enjoy mine. Its a unique layout that is no where near anything else ever made, and people had a bitch fest about it, you know, those guys that have never produced a pinball

edit----vvvvvv exactly lol!

#10 5 years ago

Highly doubt these will ever go back up. Personally I can't stand the layout and way it plays. Too many hopefully great games coming out in next year or two for this to ever gain much interest and go up in value.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Highly doubt these will ever go back up. Personally I can't stand the layout and way it plays. Too many hopefully great games coming out in next year or two for this to ever gain much interest and go up in value.

This could be said with just about every title out right now.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

there is one in ct right now for 5000 from eric bundy. i have been tempted on that one for the last few days.
thanks ed

Offered to buy his at almost his asking price. Still would have to pay shipping though which made for a so so deal. He never bothered writing back despite numerous pm's. ;-/ bummer. Would have bought his...Fun pin. A lot of ball hang ups though and definitely not worth the 7k nib pricetag IMHO. Since moved on and buying a Star Trek Pro. A lot of better pins out there for less.

#13 5 years ago

$5000 - $5500 up here

#14 5 years ago

Seems like recently with all the newer games coming out the window for code updates is getting smaller and smaller. Take for example TF. Stern did release a nice final update with a lot of the wishes people hoped for, however it was too late and didn't increase the selling prices at all. X-MEN is heading down that path and it appears Avengers might be next. Not saying they are bad games and plenty of people enjoy them, but it just seems when these final code updates are released there is not enough buzz to cause a price increase since so many previous owners gave up and are bitter. I know games like SM, Tron, and AC/DC didn't take off until some of the later code updates were released however those owners were a little more patient. Maybe it was because Stern was the only option at the time and now there are other options to consider.

#15 5 years ago

They seem to pop up between $5,000 to $5,500 lately. All of those people who kept claiming that LEs would climb in value were apparently incorrect. A NIB Magneto LE was $5k near me. Even the once highly sought after ACDC premiums are less than $6k now.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

They seem to pop up between $5,000 to $5,500 lately. All of those people who kept claiming that LEs would climb in value were apparently incorrect. A NIB Magneto LE was $5k near me. Even the once highly sought after ACDC premiums are less than $6k now.

Rule #1 of Pinball Value Theory: If a game is still in production or NIB with distributors, it can't shoot up in value. Anyone hoping for a payday on these games has years and years to go. So, in the meantime just play and enjoy them.

#17 5 years ago

Avengers turned out to be somewhat of a dog in design. Nobody wants to have to "tweak" a game so much just to get it to play decent. I bought at a discount and now it looks like I bought high-lol. I see this title sitting low for some time. When Eric can list a HUO for $5k and it sits there-it is an indication of a really stale market. Also GE bought some and now they are having to blow them out. I wonder if Stern is holding back on releasing Premiums domestically because of surplus of LE's? Has anyone seen a Premium domestically?-Weird. It is the holidays and with all the new releases it was quite the year for sure. It is going to get interesting as more pinball machines are introduced and the number of people that can afford the new price tag decreases. Can you say "Yard Sale".

1 week later
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Avengers turned out to be somewhat of a dog in design. Nobody wants to have to "tweak" a game so much just to get it to play decent.

That's kind of what this guy was telling me.
The one I played a couple of times keep getting the ball stuck under the Hulks hands.
That happen to anyone else?

#19 5 years ago

Raise the back legs a bit...makes the game tougher and solves the common Hulk problem.

I had the Aveng Pro....and found it better playing than the LE, along with no cross ramp blocking your view.
But, I also sold it due to Stern's refusal to do a code update since they are so busy satisfying all the pissed off Metalica buyers with better code.

I like the title, deep ruleset, lots of old school shots...but I am in the minority. The general public hates the title.
The Tesseract shot is the biggest problem - too unpredictable...designed crappy...unreliable...and a drain monster.
LE's and Premiums will be going for $4,500 or less very soon...and the Pro's $3,500 or less.
Back to back comic theme failures for Stern (Xmen).

If Big Lebowski, Mustang, and Hobbit are all good pins....these prices will sink even further over 2014.

#20 5 years ago

I saw that same issue with the machine I played at an arcade. Ball would jam under Hulks hands.
Cant say I was crazy about the machine.

#21 5 years ago

Avenger's is a great game everyone who plays mine loves it.
I really don't care what it is worth since I don't plan on selling it.

#22 5 years ago

I love George Gomez, and I think that he has made great games (Lord of the Rings is a top 5 of all time, in my opinion), but The Avengers is a dog. He just missed the mark, and that's ok. I still think he's a talented designer, but I just feel like this game was a full on train wreck.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Raise the back legs a bit...makes the game tougher and solves the common Hulk problem.
I had the Aveng Pro....and found it better playing than the LE, along with no cross ramp blocking your view.
But, I also sold it due to Stern's refusal to do a code update since they are so busy satisfying all the pissed off Metalica buyers with better code.
I like the title, deep ruleset, lots of old school shots...but I am in the minority. The general public hates the title.
The Tesseract shot is the biggest problem - too unpredictable...designed crappy...unreliable...and a drain monster.
LE's and Premiums will be going for $4,500 or less very soon...and the Pro's $3,500 or less.
Back to back comic theme failures for Stern (Xmen).
If Big Lebowski, Mustang, and Hobbit are all good pins....these prices will sink even further over 2014.

Raising the back legs makes the BW ramp shot a brick, a lot of the problems with the game are caused by setting it up too steep.
Adjusting the trigger plate switch solves most of the Hulk problem increasing the pitch does nothing.
The only time I get a ball trapped is during multiball.
Some games like CV are very pitch sensitive, you have to set it up for the Juggler too steep and it won't function properly and it also causes problems with the High Wire ramp.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I love George Gomez, and I think that he has made great games(Lord of the Rings is a top 5 of all time, in my opinion), but The Avengers is a dog. He just missed the mark, and that's ok. I still think he's a talented designer, but I just feel like this game was a full on train wreck.

Well put. Being a songwriter, I'm all too familiar with failure in the creativity process. Sometimes you just have duds, but you never know for sure until you finish it.

#25 5 years ago

Are you asking about price or playability?

I enjoy the machine.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Fluke_Starbucker:

That's kind of what this guy was telling me.
The one I played a couple of times keep getting the ball stuck under the Hulks hands.
That happen to anyone else?

This is fixable....you have to adjust the sensitivity of the plate in front of Hulk. You can also adjust how low his arms are in resting position. A few tweaks and you'll rarely see a ball get stuck there.

#27 5 years ago

I enjoy the game very much. Yes some tweaks here and there, but overall I really like it. Don't listen to people on the forums saying a game is bad go play it and decide for yourself.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I enjoy the game very much. Yes some tweaks here and there, but overall I really like it. Don't listen to people on the forums saying a game is bad go play it and decide for yourself.

This is important. I really don't like the game, but it's the type of game that just seems to click with people randomly. It also seems that those who like it REALLY like it. So even though I'm not a fan at all, it might be one of your all time favorites given a chance.

And hey, I love DE Simpsons, so I have my own skeletons.

#29 5 years ago

all these replys just go to show how people never give a game a chance a little tweaking and the game is awesome how many of people on here have beat this game i know i have never made it to wizard mode and i keep coming back for more a cant just play 1 game and stop.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Fluke_Starbucker:

The arcade near me sold theirs off which was weird because they have older titles there.
Some guy at the arcade was chewing my ear about how it needed to be worked on all the time etc.
Prices seem low on it too.

Two main pinball locations here each had one and each of them already got rid of them. They have all the other newer Sterns, but Avengers is long gone. It was a terrible earner. The one location even had their's dialed in after weeks of tweaking...the other location's game played like crap. So at least locally here, even when dialed in, Avengers didn't earn. I didn't mind playing it, but didn't love it. Scoring is very unbalanced and it takes awhile to really get into the game. It is the kind of game I would much rather play at someone's house than pay $1.00 a game for.

#31 5 years ago

One of Stern's weaker efforts.

Compare ST to AV and it's like night and day.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Disagree. The cross ramp doesn't obstruct view one bit! Now iceman ramp on xmen, that blocks your view! The tesserect....is awesome!! Drain monster???? not the one I played (tracelifters) which I have approx 300 plays on. The tesserect is an awesome design and coded beautifully.

That said; I'm with shapeshifter. STLE has really raised the bar of what machines I'll allow in my collection now.

#33 5 years ago

I think the problem with Avengers is you have to tweak it, A LOT. So if you play it in the wild you will probably hate it, as I do, because it wasn't tweaked and the ball was getting stuck everywhere every 5 minutes. But people that have played it in home collections where the owner has done the correct tweaks love it almost unanimously. And of course owners of the title love it as well but that goes without saying or they wouldn't own it. I have never played a tweaked one so I can't give a proper unbiased opinion on this title until I do.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

agree! LOVE my ST le!!! but with the collection of games I have, Avengers fits in well and I enjoy the theme and overall ules and layout. Hulk arm ball stuck happens sometimes. I do wish they used different art for the playfield instead of the basic Avengers clip art, but....... its a fun game with a unique layout.

#35 5 years ago

Mine was dialed in by the master Hemi and it absolutely rocks! Very fun pin...

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

agree! LOVE my ST le!!! but with the collection of games I have, Avengers fits in well and I enjoy the theme and overall ules and layout. Hulk arm ball stuck happens sometimes. I do wish they used different art for the playfield instead of the basic Avengers clip art, but....... its a fun game with a unique layout.

DCFAN designed a plastic that completely resolves the Hulk problem I think.

#37 5 years ago

I used to have the hood up a lot, but now I just collect Avengers.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

DCFAN designed a plastic that completely resolves the Hulk problem I think.

If there is a good fix for the hulk arm I would like to know. I have tried adjusting his arms to be as high as possible, but it still sometimes gets stuck.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

If there is a good fix for the hulk arm I would like to know. I have tried adjusting his arms to be as high as possible, but it still sometimes gets stuck.

Take the coil stop off behind Hulk and bend it up slightly. I haven't got a ball stuck there in a year since I did this.

#40 5 years ago

ST is fun, but when I play it, I feel like I've been there many times before. AVLE is a truly unique experience.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Here is a link to the plastic he made. There is also a video of it working a few posts down. I don't know if he is selling them, he said he was going to.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-avengers-code-is-still-finished/page/2#post-1156195

#42 5 years ago

- Avengers is a shooters pin. A lot of people don't like it because they have a hard time accomplishing anything. I will say that I miss the pin. Everytime I played TAV a couple times and then played a different pin I would put up a new high score or have a great game. It just makes you a better player!

#43 5 years ago

My Brother has an Avengers LE. I personally really like the game, the layout is very different. The ball did get stuck at the hulk often but he has since fixed this and the plate switch. He has a Wizard of OZ ( which he really likes too) but he plays Avengers more. For him he is a comic guy and really likes those types of games. As others have mentioned go play the game if you can find one, that's the best way to tell. I had a love affair with Circus Voltaire, got caught up in it and found after a short time I really didn't like it much at all. It was the fastest game to leave I had ever owned. One man's junk is anothers treasure. That holds true for pinball as well.

#44 5 years ago

Here is a link to the plastic he made. There is also a video of it working a few posts down. I don't know if he is selling them, he said he was going to.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-avengers-code-is-still-finished/page/2#post-1156195

I did not sell the mod Hulk trigger plastic because there did not seem to be any interest. Also, the plastic requires some trial and error to get it to the right height which would vary from machine to machine. The trial and error involves putting one or two thin washers under the plastic where the plastic is mounted under the right post. The washer prevents the mod plastic from pressing the switch plate all the time, but if you have too much washer thickness then the ball will not trigger the switch plate when on the mod plastic.
I was able to get mine perfect after a couple minutes of adjustments and have not had to do anything on it for months.
I also installed the mod on a friend's game and it seemed to be working fairly reliable even though I did not get to spend a lot of time tuning it for washer thickness. The one problem I had on my friend's game was that his Hulk arm was not going all the way down so that took away from the purpose of the mod plate.

#45 5 years ago

I like mine, It's had it's problems, but so they all do. I think it's like most pinball machines, say it with me (preference preference preference) If we all loved the same machine, then we wouldn't get our hands on that one. I wouldn't go as for as to say it's my favorite or I just can't stay off of it. However, it's fun! I might trade it one day but for now I'll just play it and have fun. I remember when Avatar took a dump in price but it's starting to come back up. You just never know what's going to be hot and what's not. So, if you love the machine, keep it, play it and who cares what someone else thinks. There are some games, I would never own but some people just love them and that's a great thing.

#46 5 years ago

To sum it up for me. I really enjoy playing the machine as it is a pinball shooters game, however, I would never own the machine, mainly due to theme, art scheme, etc that really do not appeal to me personally.

#47 5 years ago

I have both STLE and Avengers and enjoy/love both games for different reasons!
SLTE is the better game to be sure but Avengers has a lot to love as well. The quality control team must have taken the month off or something when these games were being built because the amount of tweaks and adjustments out of the box to make the game playable were pretty annoying. After about 2-3 days of messing around I was able to dial mine in perfectly and it's a great game! Personally, I'd worry more about the game and if you'd enjoy it more than the price. at 5-5.5k that's a great "deal" for an LE. I wouldn't go near a pro IMO.

STLE is super fast and Avengers is just tough, kicks your ass fun! The balls times are considerably longer on the avengers. Not really sure what your style is but that's why we all have multiple games....to mix it up!

Great game...buy it!

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Adjust the arms so they strike the apex of the ball on the side and adjust the floorplate to a hair trigger.
Hulk will bash the ball rapidly from fist to fist then punch it SDTM.
Cracks me up every time he does it.
A lot of people when they play the game bash away at Hulk but Hulk and THOR are gimmies while you are trying to get control of the ball.
Shoot for IM and Hawkeye then BW the other 3 are easy to collect.
Very unusual game and way different than any other game in my lineup.
You get so close to AotH then blow it and it makes you want to try just one more time.
It gets the most play out of the games in my lineup, one of my buddies who is a B/W snob is addicted to it.

#49 5 years ago

I think the problem with Avengers is you have to tweak it, A LOT. So if you play it in the wild you will probably hate it, as I do, because it wasn't tweaked and the ball was getting stuck everywhere every 5 minutes. But people that have played it in home collections where the owner has done the correct tweaks love it almost unanimously. And of course owners of the title love it as well but that goes without saying or they wouldn't own it. I have never played a tweaked one so I can't give a proper unbiased opinion on this title until I do.

I totally agree with all this. It's unfortunate that it is not good out of the box. I've had comments on mine as well as to how much different it plays than other Avengers people have played out in the wild.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Avengers is a shooters pin. A lot of people don't like it because they have a hard time accomplishing anything. I will say that I miss the pin. Everytime I played TAV a couple times and then played a different pin I would put up a new high score or have a great game. It just makes you a better player!

you hit the nail right on the head! My feelings exactly! Still love playing mine and the ball hardly ever gets stuck under hulks arms. You just have to make some minor adjustments just like a lot of other people have suggested and you are good as gold. It is still the most difficult to score pinball machine I have played to date however. This is due to the tight shots and my low skill level...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside