IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0307.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg
Bridge_plastic.JPG
CIMG4507.JPG
CIMG4509.JPG
CIMG4508.JPG
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Starting a separate thread just to document what I am trying on my Hulk machine, to address the only issues I have right now - (1) limited view of the top right corner and rightmost drop trough and inserts; (2) totally obscured inlane inserts; (3) totally obscured Nick Fury target, blocked by LOKK Lock plastic.

#2 11 years ago

Started fiddling with the top right corner, and removed the plastic that sits on top of the diverter coil, and the attached plastic of thenAvengers jet. That did little to clear up any of the issue with limited sight line for the inserts at the drop through. And it exposed some really ugly mechanics that need to be covered. It does reduce the "busy" feeling in that corner. And I will likely look for some kind of mod that incorporates a smaller cover for that coil (like the bass drum on mod for ACdC LE/Premium).

#3 11 years ago

Keep us posted-anyway to adjust/move Loki Lock plastic?

#4 11 years ago

Stern's cheapened plastics need some support. Especially the Hawkeye ramp the ball really beats on that top plastic. On mine The Black widow hole plastic needed bent up a little as the ball could not eject from the saucer.

Other issues

hulks right hand is getting mangled by the ramp.

Missing Screw on widow ramp and blown flasher for pop bumpers

balls getting stuck under Hulks arms

Ball getting stuck in sling by movable ramp when ramp is down. - This requires glass to be removed

Loki plastic hitting the glass and balls flying and hitting the glass

Ramp plastic before hawkeye ramp already nicked

I love this game though fear a lot of the plastics are going to break and do not love the cheapened plastic ramps.

Oh and have fun if you need to replace a flasher or LED as it looks as if the entire ramp assembly and sub assembly needs to come off to change a flasher

#5 11 years ago

I completely removed my Loki Lock plastic and the 3 bulbs. Attached are pics of the sight lines now in the area, and it is MUCH better. You can actually see all 3 of the SHIELD targets now, and can make a calculated shot for Nick Fury, which is where you collect your random awards.

It also really de-clutters the PF. Anything that makes it feel a little less busy is a plus, IMO. The ball lock is physical on this machine, so you don't need a light to tell you how many balls are locked. They are literally right there under your nose on the right side, closer than the lock lights. The only drawback is that you won't have the bulbs flashing to indicate that Lock Is Lit. But there is a good bit of animation and a callout to alert you that it is lit. Also, once you light the lock, all 3 are lit and stay lit until you hit the Hawkeye ramp 3 times - therefore you don't have to light each ball lock in order to lock, like in LOTR. Light all 4 lane inserts, and you can lock all 3 balls.

There is room for a plastic and the light/s there, just not room for the huge Loki plastic, whose cape is totally blocking the Fury target. So, I will probably look for a clear plastic to re-rivet the lights onto, and install something less conspicuous and blocking in place.

// Error: Image 60686 not found // // Error: Image 60687 not found // // Error: Image 60688 not found // // Error: Image 60689 not found // // Error: Image 60690 not found // // Error: Image 60691 not found // image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 11 years ago

Sorry, I took these with my iPad, as I can't find where my wife put the camera. I will replace with better shots later.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

here is room for a plastic and the light/s there, just not room for the huge Loki plastic, whose cape is totally blocking the Fury target.

I think the pro has this plastic in top left corner? Is there any spot this can be placed? Thanks again for update. I love the playfield colors.

#8 11 years ago

Those Xs turned out nice ; )

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Those Xs turned out nice ; )

I had to delete them and reload. They were skewed weird.

#10 11 years ago

....what is a "and do not love the cheapened plastic ramps."? Just wondering? Jpop

#11 11 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside/collection

That is to stop any "Stern hater" rumors but...it saddens me that it seems that every game that comes out has this or that wrong with it or needing modded.

I wasn't in the hobby when the "great" Williams products were coming out in the 90's. Did they have the same problems? I honestly don't know. Not trying to start another Stern vs whoever thread jack.

Gambit, how does it play?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The ball lock is physical on this machine, so you don't need a light to tell you how many balls are locked.

Unless you are playing a multiplayer game and others are locking balls...

#13 11 years ago

I think the pro has this plastic in top left corner? Is there any spot this can be placed? Thanks again for update. I love the playfield colors.

Okay, I know what I am doing.....here is what the progression of photos below show...

That top left corner is no good b/c it obscures the backboard too much.....

It doesn't work where the Jet plastic is on the top right, b/c it is too tall.

The Helicarrier plastic is really only there to hide the diverter coil on the left. That is where I went to work. You have to bend the bracket on Loki plastic backwards, unscrew the rightmost post and place the bracket over the screw, and tighten the post back down. Voila! A new home for Loki Lock Plastic! Going to have to extend the wiring on the plastic and bulb assembly by a foot or so. Going to work on that now.....

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 11 years ago

More pics.....

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 11 years ago

More....

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 11 years ago

With Loki in that spot it seems like you get better visiblity into the Hawkeye orbit? That would be nice too.

#17 11 years ago

Okay, done. Spliced in a 2 foot extension of wire, and relocated Loki permanently. Love this position, far more. That corner is less busy, and the plastic doesn't block anything that wasn't already obscured by the Helicarrier.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Removing the Helicarrier makes it possible to see the Hawkeye insert at the top of his lane, too.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Removing the Helicarrier makes it possible to see the Hawkeye insert at the top of his lane, too.

So the Helicarrier is gone right-no place to put that I would guess.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

So the Helicarrier is gone right-no place to put that I would guess.

Yep, it is gone. There might be place for it elsewhere, but I have not looked.

#21 11 years ago

gambit, do you want me to rotate the pictures for you?

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

gambit, do you want me to rotate the pictures for you?

I do.

#23 11 years ago

Crap, I was just snapping and posting from my iPad, and they are rotated when I view it there. Yes Gweem, please rotate them if you can.

In the meantime, I found my camera, and have some better shots of the new location, the view of the SHIELD target area now, and the PF as a whole now....

AVENGERS_LE_001.jpgAVENGERS_LE_001.jpg AVENGERS_LE_002.jpgAVENGERS_LE_002.jpg AVENGERS_LE_003.jpgAVENGERS_LE_003.jpg

#24 11 years ago

More pics....

AVENGERS_LE_004.jpgAVENGERS_LE_004.jpg AVENGERS_LE_005.jpgAVENGERS_LE_005.jpg AVENGERS_LE_006.jpgAVENGERS_LE_006.jpg

#25 11 years ago

More...

AVENGERS_LE_007.jpgAVENGERS_LE_007.jpg AVENGERS_LE_008.jpgAVENGERS_LE_008.jpg AVENGERS_LE_009.jpgAVENGERS_LE_009.jpg AVENGERS_LE_010.jpgAVENGERS_LE_010.jpg

#26 11 years ago

Just leave it alone already

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

Just leave it alone already

????? What is it to you if I mod my game how I damned well please?

#28 11 years ago

Opens up the Iron Man shot too, looks great!

#29 11 years ago

The more I look at this, the better the game looks. Some interesting shots there for sure. Maybe someone will haul one out to TPF.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Awesome work Gambit. I will likely follow your lead with the Loki/Helicarrier when I have enough free time.

#31 11 years ago

The Pictures were rotated just fine for me... Since I turned my head sideways =)

#32 11 years ago

It would be nice if Stern would just modify the inlane plastics and send us new ones. They are seriously obstructing the view of the inlane inserts. Stern could easily make some new inserts with the art removed in the area of the view of the inserts. It would be difficult for us the buyers to make such a mod.
The same problem exists with the upper right plastics that have the blue printing. They obstruct the view of the two inserts at the far right above the pop bumper lanes. Those plastics should just be clear if they are necessary at all.

#33 11 years ago

Gambit, I think this upper printed plastic in the picture is all that needs to be removed to make visible the two inserts on the right above the pop bumper lanes.

It is a printed plastic that obstructs the view through the lower plastic that has a viewing window. Also it appears that this plastic has an identical clear plastic under it so it is not necessary.

See page b37 of the manual (Item #9, 830-6166-25)

IMG_0302.jpgIMG_0302.jpg

#34 11 years ago

edited to show the plastic:

Avengersplastic.JPGAvengersplastic.JPG

From the players position that purple outlined Hawkeye insert should be visible if the offending printed plastic is removed. Also the Black Widow insert above that hopefully will also be more visible. The printed plastic does not appear to have any function other than art since it has an identically shaped clear plastic underneath it.

#35 11 years ago

wow...huge improvement.

#36 11 years ago

When the outlane is narrowed on the right hand side, the space created is just big enough for the ball to get caught and wedged between the rubber on either side.

Easy solution: add another clear post and rubber to the empty hole, instead of moving the existing one. Narrows the outlane and avoids the space.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

edited to show the plastic:

From the players position that purple outlined Hawkeye insert should be visible if the offending printed plastic is removed. Also the Black Widow insert above that hopefully will also be more visible. The printed plastic does not appear to have any function other than art since it has an identically shaped clear plastic underneath it.

Removing the plastic identified in this post above does help visability of the rightmost inserts at the top of the right drop through. The plastics are double stacked, with a clear plastic and a redundant piece with art, stacked together. Removal required unscrewing the honeycomb looking ramp on the right, the rightmost screw on top of the arrow crossramp, and the back nut on the far back of the back right plastic assembly. The honeycombed ramp assembly will swing up, the arrow will swing down, and you can access the plastic below.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

When the outlane is narrowed on the right hand side, the space created is just big enough for the ball to get caught and wedged between the rubber on either side.
Easy solution: add another clear post and rubber to the empty hole, instead of moving the existing one. Narrows the outlane and avoids the space.

I think the parts that are needed for the empty hole are:

One plastic post: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=318
One 5/16 inch black rubber : http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=86
One lock nut and one machine screw of the appropriate size to fit through the post and playfield.

I will get an exact length/type for the screw in the next couple days and update this post.

#39 11 years ago

nice work gambit on detailing to us all.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

http://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside/collection
That is to stop any "Stern hater" rumors but...it saddens me that it seems that every game that comes out has this or that wrong with it or needing modded.
I wasn't in the hobby when the "great" Williams products were coming out in the 90's. Did they have the same problems? I honestly don't know. Not trying to start another Stern vs whoever thread jack.
Gambit, how does it play?

Wow we have the exact same collection TG,....Well until the 13th anyways. lol

#41 11 years ago

Pictures of THOR drop target plastic notched with dremel,I like it a lot more and I think it looks fine and have had no air balls like on the hulk drops

CIMG4506.JPGCIMG4506.JPG CIMG4507.JPGCIMG4507.JPG

#42 11 years ago

I also had 80% of my BW to Hulk eject hole shots pop out so I had to Dremel the hole in the plastic above the eject so the ball would drop a little sooner,works much better.Thank God for That wizzing wonder tool

CIMG4510.JPGCIMG4510.JPG

#43 11 years ago

I had the magnet throw a ball into the right side of the Hulk playfield behind the rubber ring,Glass off required,
I added a extra rubber ring to the area and hope this is good enough.The ball can also fall into the cabinet and it happened to me once,I am not postive where it fell through but I believe it was at this piont

CIMG4508.JPGCIMG4508.JPG CIMG4509.JPGCIMG4509.JPG

#44 11 years ago

I also adjusted the pressure plate switch so it is as sensitive as can be.The game is a lot of fun.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I wasn't in the hobby when the "great" Williams products were coming out in the 90's. Did they have the same problems?

Williams pins were much worse than Stern as far as the out of box experience.

#46 11 years ago

Ya the game need a little tweeking but I am a fixer and love working on games,I have a few hours into avenger le but it is playing very well now and is a ton of fun.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Ya the game need a little tweeking but I am a fixer and love working on games,I have a few hours into avenger le but it is playing very well now and is a ton of fun.

For the extra rubber next to Hulk, does the ball still have plenty of room to go through the first pop bumper lane? I also had a ball fall through the cabinet when Hulk smashed it through the rubber and was thinking that adding an additional rubber would prevent that problem.

#48 11 years ago

If the size of the rubber ring is the same as the
First,I have had no trouble

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I also had 80% of my BW to Hulk eject hole shots pop out so I had to Dremel the hole in the plastic above the eject so the ball would drop a little sooner,works much better.Thank God for That wizzing wonder tool

I'll have to pay attention to this. Thanks.

#50 11 years ago

I already mentioned this in CG's thread, but this is probably the more appropriate place. The ramp on my buddy's machine was getting stuck because the plastic was getting wedged against the playfield glass (see photo). Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you fix it? We decided just to remove the plastic, but we couldn't get the second screw off. How do you remove a screw that just keeps twisting but never gets looser? Also, do you guys think this plastic is important to game play? It seems like it's only purpose is to prevent a fast ball that hits the BW ramp from launching upward.

Bridge_plastic.JPGBridge_plastic.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-fix-thread?hl=y3ag3r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.