Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Excuse me.jpg
images-5-503.jpeg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I see a ton of these for sale in the marketplace. I like the game and wondered how you owners feel after some time has passed?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I see a ton of these for sale in the marketplace. I like the game and wondered how you owners feel after some time has passed?

I still love the game. Its starting to fall to my bottom slot / maybe sell machine as ST/ACDC/IM/MET and HSII play more the way I like.

My fist two games were HS and HSII next to each other and I could play them all night. Diversity does not seem to be my thing. Still have it and really like playing it though.

#3 5 years ago

It has two pretty satisfying shots, but the rest is just OK in my humble opinion. Art and call outs are nice and rules are just OK. I sold mine without any regrets. Star Trek is a much better game at Pro or LE level.

#4 5 years ago

still gets most of the play out of my machines and still kicks my butt....

#5 5 years ago

I like my Avengers LE, but I am not in love with it. I am a huge Marvel fan and really like the theme. Sometimes I will watch the movie just to refresh my enthusiasm. I had it for sale before because I am not happy with the design build. The plastic snap form ramps and Hulk hang-ups annoy me. I really like the unique layout and how challenging it is. It is a game that gets you hitting the start button over and over. Next thing you know an hour has passed. I am keeping mine for now but if I got the right offer I would sell it or trade it.

#6 5 years ago

Those that like it, like it alot. Those that don't post on Pinside LOL!

I'm one of the ones that likes it alot. It requires a bitch load of tweaking. No operator is going to do the tweaking. So if you play it in the wild, it's likely not going to be a great experience. Stern has earned the poor grade on this game, unfortunately. More time spent play testing and tweaking prior to full production would have improved the game immensely. Fortunately, for the home, you can tweak it and get it right. It's all documented on Pinside. They are going cheap and well worth the money. The LE is the only way to go in my opinion given the prices. I got my Blue LE for a great deal and I love it. Kids love it as well.

Cheers,
Duane

#7 5 years ago

Still gets play, but is probably on the bottom of my list. Love the game, but the constant stuck balls in Hulk's arms just kills it for me. Just can't seem to dial it in to stop it from happening. If that wasn't happening it would certainly be higher on my list.

#8 5 years ago

I love mine. I've been experimenting and removed Hulk's right arm. It drastically improves ball flow. I'm going to rotate the arm so it rests higher and doesn't actually catch the ball anymore. A friend of mine has already done this.

As stated above, no op is going to do stuff like this. Shame it wasn't tweaked inside Stern but what can you do. At least all the issues are fixable and the game itself is quite fun. I especially love playing with the sound loud.

#9 5 years ago

I am selling mine because I want to move on to something new and have realized well my wife and I have realized we like rock pins better than marvels. I would love to own the new Luci. But I would not be disappointed if my Avengers LE did not sell.

#10 5 years ago

My Hulk is being replaced by STLE.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I still love the game.

Ditto

#12 5 years ago

I still like the game, but i like STLE more.

#13 5 years ago

I'm still enjoying it...I thought I would have gotten bored by now, but I have to admit I do enjoy the "Monster Bash +" gameplay. It's a nice chance of pace from the more cerebral rules & style of other games. Sometimes it's as simple as I find myself wanting to hear the music so I hit start I had some "newbish" pin guests over the other night - they really loved Avengers...and Monster Bash! Hmmmm

#14 5 years ago

Still love mine (pro). I think judging it by the market place ads is not a good idea. Theirs just as many Trons going up for sale and we would agree Tron isn't a bad game.

I don't think their are to many people on this forum that keep a pin forever. I see more people as those wanting to keep things moving around thus why you see so many pins for sale.

There are just so many awesome games out right now it's hard to keep them all for financial and space reasons. I want a ST, MMr and the new Mustang pin. Space and $$$ don't allow me to buy them all though. I may sell something but it wont be AC/DC, AV, TF or BOP

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I love mine. I've been experimenting and removed Hulk's right arm. It drastically improves ball flow. I'm going to rotate the arm so it rests higher and doesn't actually catch the ball anymore. A friend of mine has already done this.
As stated above, no op is going to do stuff like this. Shame it wasn't tweaked inside Stern but what can you do. At least all the issues are fixable and the game itself is quite fun. I especially love playing with the sound loud.

You don't have to remove the arm, you can tweak the floorplate to where it rarely happens usually during multiball.
I have the tourney button wired in case it does but it rarely happens on my game.
I actually like the ramps, they can be stabilized so they don't flop around and I like the artwork on them and the RGB lighting.
I really didn't like the game when I got it, glad I put the time into it to get it to play properly I don't see it leaving anytime soon and it is still the game that gets the most play in my lineup.

#16 5 years ago

I will pay 4800 for one in Chicago. I liked it when I played it on location. But it is not a 5k game even for an LE.

#17 5 years ago

What is the price Hulks are getting?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

What is the price Hulks are getting?

I was offered 6K for mine, not ready to sell it yet.

#19 5 years ago

Don't own the game but I can drop 10 bucks in Avengers on location and love every second. Tough shots and the game kicks my ass.

#20 5 years ago

I loved the look of the AVLE Blue. I've played it a few times in the wild - unfortunately, each time I had a lot of hang ups on Hulk's arms. It was very frustrating, and I switched to playing other games each time. Still, if a tweaked version can eliminate those hang ups, I would think this would be a very fun pin.

I've never seen a Hulk in person, but they look pretty cool in the pictures.

#21 5 years ago

There's a couple Hulk LEs around here on location. I'd buy a Premium if it wasn't for the Hulk arm issue. That for me is a dealbreaker. Happens every other game.

#22 5 years ago

You can fix the hulk arm by wedging something under the bracket.

Its a great game that gets better the longer you own it as there is nothing that plays like it.

I still think the game feels cheap, but it plays great

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

You can fix the hulk arm by wedging something under the bracket.
Its a great game that gets better the longer you own it as there is nothing that plays like it.
I still think the game feels cheap, but it plays great

I was prepared to think the game was cheap, but when I first played it I had the opposite feeling. Sure there are some very plasticy areas of the game, but pretty much all the shots ride on metal - which gives it a nice feel when you're nailing shots. Hawkeye, Cap, Black Widow, and Iron Man are all "metal" shots & feel good.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was prepared to think the game was cheap, but when I first played it I had the opposite feeling. Sure there are some very plasticy areas of the game, but pretty much all the shots ride on metal - which gives it a nice feel when you're nailing shots. Hawkeye, Cap, Black Widow, and Iron Man are all "metal" shots & feel good.

I agree with that, but the plunge or auto plunge is where it gets cheap. Plus the saucer up kick usually hits the plastic. My complaint on this game is that the plasics should have been thicker. The bend way to easily and the game is a bear to change rubbers. I changed my black ones out for clear and that makes the game look awesome.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

You don't have to remove the arm, you can tweak the floorplate to where it rarely happens usually during multiball.
I have the tourney button wired in case it does but it rarely happens on my game.
I actually like the ramps, they can be stabilized so they don't flop around and I like the artwork on them and the RGB lighting.
I really didn't like the game when I got it, glad I put the time into it to get it to play properly I don't see it leaving anytime soon and it is still the game that gets the most play in my lineup.

I love the game but I cannot seem to perfect my B/W ramp. Can anyone verify that the entrance of the ramp, right at the curve/top of upslope has a visible bend? In other words, it's not a smooth ramp, but has a crease where the direction shifts? Mine does, which results in too many shots flying into the clear plastic and getting rejected. Starting to get pissed.

#26 5 years ago

Since I put the super bands on the BW shot is much more consistent

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Of all the fine tuning I've done to this pin, nothing has added more fun than green super bands.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

It's gotten into my head so bad that lately I've been considering that the Super Bands make it harder. Put more backspin on it or something. I used a hammer mod today that improved things somewhat.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I was offered 6K for mine, not ready to sell it yet.

Gex is offering up nib blue for $6400 shipped!!! That's pretty good.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

A lot of people don't want the blue, it is Hulk or nothing.
If I was ready to sell it I would have taken the offer but my son and I really like the game.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I love the game but I cannot seem to perfect my B/W ramp. Can anyone verify that the entrance of the ramp, right at the curve/top of upslope has a visible bend? In other words, it's not a smooth ramp, but has a crease where the direction shifts? Mine does, which results in too many shots flying into the clear plastic and getting rejected. Starting to get pissed.

There is no crease in mine just a smooth radius.
Does the bridge plane out with the end of the ramp?
I had to take a small Crescent wrench and bend the tab on the end of the ramp it was hitting the edge of the wall on the bridge and stalling the ball.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

A lot of people don't want the blue, it is Hulk or nothing.
If I was ready to sell it I would have taken the offer but my son and I really like the game.

I like the Blue much more than Hulk...but that's me They both have a nice sparkle to the metal color, though.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I like the Blue much more than Hulk...but that's me They both have a nice sparkle to the metal color, though.

I like the blue but they could have left the eyes off at the top of the BG, that kills it for me but others probably like it.
The powdercoat is nice on mine, I have the aftermarket blue on my TRON and it is uneven with stacking on the edges, bugs me but not enough to have the armor redone.

#34 5 years ago

Another thing you can try is take the plate off the arm and back off the screw that holds the arm to the shaft. This has made mine a far more sensitive and significantly decreased ball hang ups.

#35 5 years ago

I've been waiting for someone to make little Trex Arms for Hulk!

=)

JJ

#36 5 years ago

I still like it (LE that is, don't like the feel of the Pro). I also think the code is pretty decent as-is. It's fun getting into the various versus modes.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I liked it when I owned it, but in retrospect, it was all honey moon. The game had tremendous flaws/issues...............Gomez dropped the ball on that one big time. The sad part was it had some unique elements that could have made it exceptional, but those elements just didn't come together.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

There is no crease in mine just a smooth radius.
Does the bridge plane out with the end of the ramp?
I had to take a small Crescent wrench and bend the tab on the end of the ramp it was hitting the edge of the wall on the bridge and stalling the ball.

Yup. Thought so. Ramp is borked and has been from day one. Makes my 555M godlike!

And yes, the end of my bridge flairs as well. Can you explain the bending procedure a little more?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Gomez dropped the ball on that one big time.

It was you Gary, I coulda been a great game, I coulda had class.

#40 5 years ago

Maybe post a pic. The outer edge is a perfect curve, but the slope of the ramp is not. It's like 45 degrees up and then back flat again. I've wondered if this contributes to the balls smacking the clear plastics like you mentioned. Some shots were perfectly fast and smooth, but many were rejected by those cover plastics. In the end, I just decided I didn't want to play the whole game trying to hit the BW ramp. If only that ramp was wider at the entrance and more consistent.

#41 5 years ago

Can you explain the bending procedure a little more?

There is a tab on the end of the ramp after adjusting the bridge to the left if the ball is hitting the end of the back of the bridge bend that tab on the ramp a little towards you.
Put some electrical tape on the Crescent wrench, close the jaws and bend sliding the wrench in about 3/4".
Mine is about 1/32" in from the bridge and doesn't hit the end anymore.
Go easy and pull the wrench out a taste each time so you get a radius not a kink.

#42 5 years ago

AveLE, Blue = a very good game. Won't make the top 10 list, but addictive to play, partly because it is so difficult to master, and so it keeps pulling me in! Once you work on accuracy through the narrow gates to collect 4 of the Avengers it becomes quite a satisfying game. Will be every better if we get a code upgrade. Will last in popularity as more movies come out.

images-5-503.jpeg
#43 5 years ago

I don't remember my hulk having any issues. I only had it for two weeks though.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

When I picked up my STLE I was offered one for $5900 cash and carry! NIB I'm a buyer sub $5k.

#45 5 years ago

I sold my mint one with mods for $5200. I could not get a buyer at $5400.

#46 5 years ago

Just put 2 hours of play on my LE and couldn't believe I was playing for so long!!! I love it. A keeper for me for sure. Very rewarding and difficult shots. Modes are really intense and difficult. Difficult, difficult difficult. Oh, and the game is really hard too!! Ha ha ha. I'll never beat this one.

#47 5 years ago

Thanks to coasterguy for starting this thread. It inspired me to finally write my review (and current thoughts) of my HEP AVLE, which can be found here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-avle-from-high-end-pins-hep-a-review-and-so-much-more

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I sold my mint one with mods for $5200. I could not get a buyer at $5400.

You need to read TeeKee's book Selling Pins for Fun and Profit.
Chapter one Knowing Your Marketplace Do's and Don't's is worth the price alone.

#49 5 years ago

$5200 is a darn good deal.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

When I picked up my STLE I was offered one for $5900 cash and carry! NIB I'm a buyer sub $5k.

That would be loosing far to much $, I might as well just hold on to them for a couple of years they will sell slowly

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside