DSC08563.JPG
image.jpg
gorilla_has_to_pee.jpg
DSC08803.JPG
DSC08802.JPG
image.jpg
1323807518071_6363619_-_Copy.png
1323807518071_6363619_-_Copy.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 11 years ago

Happy for the Avengers owners . . . sad for us poor XMen owners that can't get an update.

#69 11 years ago

XMen is a great looking game with a really good shot layout, good music, great original dots and all kinds of good stuff going for it . . . other than the code.

I agree that this Avengers update probably bodes well for XMen . . . but who knows, there were still Avengers left unsold (and they have a premium coming) and XMen sold out and no premium is coming . . . so Stern may just be saying screw you XMen owners; we sold out we don't care. If that is the case I won't buy a Stern again . . . which sucks as I really want an AC/DC Premium.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Just try to buy the AC/DC premium as soon as you can. That way you can say you didn't know whether xmen owners would be screwed over or not in the end. You can get the game you want and retain your principles.
That's what I would do. Although I've pretty much got my pinball buying justification and reasoning down to an art form at this point. So I might not be the best guy to offer advice.

Haha! This post made me laugh. I had gotten my justification down to an art form too.

This is really giving me great pause though. Stern helped that XMen hype engine along. They are just as responsible for it as we were here at pinside . . . they owe us finished code. I just gotta say, I'm going to stick with my guns on this though . . . if XMen doesn't get a code update I am going to just continue to grow my collection through the used market of high end restored older games and botique makers like Predator.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

They are Still working on Xmen and I suspect they know they can't afford to release anything short of awesome.. Give em time

Well, you were great to deal with on the XMen transaction JJ and I'm your customer in the future if you have any product that I am willing to buy, but this XMen code issue has me really fed up at the moment and I've been one of the biggest defenders of the game on pinside.

I hope you are right and they deliver something awesome (as I really want an AC/DC Premium and know I will want future Stern releases) but this situation is actually pretty outragous (and I don't throw that word around that often).

Anyway, sorry to thread hyjack Avengers owners. One of my best friends just bought an Avengers last week and I'm enjoying the heck out of it and for him and the rest of you I am sure glad to see Stern is taking care of you guys with the code on this game.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

This Avengers update just shows clearly if you want a good LE, buy one that has a premium model associated with it. You apparently will get bi-weekly updates for the next year. Everybody else? They can just stare at their buggy ass games apparently...

This is what frightens me . . . if it is true I am done with Stern.

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nothing better than playing an awesome pinball on Friday night a d kicking its mother F*ing arse!!! Completed all the Avengers but Thor. I have all the Avengers on hard except ironman which is on easy. I have him on easy cause I hate that his shot drops the ball into the pops until he's assembled.

Eskaybee, you are a pretty amazing player . . . Avengers has been simply kicking my butt (only have about fifteen games on it, but man it is hard). Do you enter tournaments?

Quoted from centerflank:

I had my first bulb wiggle out under the slingshot, Im replacing with PBL ablaze4 as they come out (and the opposite side bulb to match). They seem to fit rather tight in the socket.

My buddy has lost about five GE bulbs . . . not sure why, they are just popping out. Haven't replaced them yet; need to help him do that as it is making the game darker.

#220 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just broke 75mill and knocked those silly GS initials down a peg

Alright, I need to watch some videos on this game for strategy. I only have 15 games on it but a poultry 11 mill is the best I could do. This is a pretty brutal game it seems; a very good game, but those are some tight tight shots in there. I find it hard to believe anyone can hit Black Widow consistently.

#231 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Not if you use these!

LMAO! Great comedy on here tonight!

Quoted from DCFAN:

All of the talk tonight of high scores from you all on this thread inspired me and guided me to understand the rules a little better. I played only one game tonight and scored 288 million. That is by far the best I have done before. I think the last bonus was 118 million and the bonus before that was around 48 million.
The key seems to be to go after the IM shot and the Shield bonus target as much as possible during multi-balls of any kind. It also obviously helps to get as many of the lane multipliers as you can get but that is a little tougher than the shield awards. Another thing that helps is to get the Vs. modes going as often as possible so go for the same shots until you get them. Additionally, anytime Loki or Hulk multi-ball is available late in the game it is a good idea to try to start it to extend the game even longer and then you can get more Hero shots that lead to Vs. modes and more Shield bonuses.
Also, you definitely need the Hold bonus to really rack up the bonus points with the multipliers.

This is helpful; I will need to spend some more time on this game. Only have about 15 games on it and it has torn me limb from limb each game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-14-out?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.