DSC08563.JPG
image.jpg
gorilla_has_to_pee.jpg
DSC08803.JPG
DSC08802.JPG
image.jpg
1323807518071_6363619_-_Copy.png
1323807518071_6363619_-_Copy.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

If I'm reading this clearly there's an option to allow the player to choose when to use the HE diverter ramp! Holy crap that's nuts awesome. Can someone confirm this?

#3 11 years ago

Thanks bro. I'm on my iPhone so can't copy+paste their text doc

#4 11 years ago

Dam I love non POWERpack updates. This looks tight.

#17 11 years ago

- added a right ramp diverter adjustment to control when the ball will be diverted.
WEIGHTED = game decides, WEIGHTED + OVERRIDE = game decision can be overridden by player, COMPETITION.

I want to know what this means. I hope it's not competition mode only.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

This looks to only be a Pro update. No LE.

No it's LE. Just played one game. AWESOME. You guys are gonna love the Loki super JP animation.
The Loki mb start is awesome. Finally!! I've been complaining about stern flashing every single light in the game for about a year now. Loki mb start is much much better.

I didn't get hulk mb but I did get my initials in first game. No vs mode yet. Gonna play more.

Other changes I didn't see in the patch notes:
-HE crossover ramp more interactive! I completed the HE JP during Loki mb and it quickly crossed over and I got a back to back BW shot JP.

Quoted from Butch2099:

What's an enemy bar?

Instead of X amount of hits to complete CA, it's now a health meter. More visual effect and looks way better!

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hey I just got it installed and was looking through the feature settings, not sure if it was this way before but options like 10-15 and 31-35 are the difficulty settings for each Avenger mode(easy, medium,hard) but it appears it has 2 sets of options for the same setting? If I change one, it doesn't change the other. Am I missing something here or can someone explain?

One is the assemble avenger difficulty, the other is the collect avenger difficulty.

#61 11 years ago

The synergy with call outs, music, and sound effects is much better now too. I like how it transitions between different avengers' music. Before, it just played the last avengers assembled; now it seems to know which avenger your shooting for and plays that music.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

They are Still working on Xmen and I suspect they know they can't afford to release anything short of awesome.. Give em time

Thanks for the reassurance JJ! I really hope they spend some well deserved attention on the xmen code. Any word on TF? Stern did say they were going to do a Xmas update for it did they not?

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, you were great to deal with on the XMen transaction JJ and I'm your customer in the future if you have any product that I am willing to buy, but this XMen code issue has me really fed up at the moment and I've been one of the biggest defenders of the game on pinside.
I hope you are right and they deliver something awesome (as I really want an AC/DC Premium and know I will want future Stern releases) but this situation is actually pretty outragous (and I don't throw that word around that often).
Anyway, sorry to thread hyjack Avengers owners. One of my best friends just bought an Avengers last week and I'm enjoying the heck out of it and for him and the rest of you I am sure glad to see Stern is taking care of you guys with the code on this game.

Yea the whole xmen and even TF now, is putting a sour taste in my mouth. One things for sure on my part, I'm not preordering ever again. Be patient, wait it out. There's tons of other good games out in the wild if you happen to miss a gem by not preordering.

I got 5 games on the new avengers code tonight and its something special, like ACDC. They owe it to their customers to put out an update like this for xmen and TF.

People are already trying to hype up the Star Trek preorder train. I'm doing my best to not buy into the hype. If stern doesn't deliver with xmen and TF, I'd rather sell them at a huge loss and pick up an old B/W A lister than preorder another potential heartache.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Thanks I will see but I don't think so.

Make sure pop up blocker is disabled or off. The sequence should go something like this:

Click on game codes library, select avengers.
A tiny window will pop up where you can choose pro code, pro readme, LE code, or LE readme. Select the code you want to download.
Then, a new window will open up followed by a download choice - depending on what version of IE your running. You should get a choice at the bottom of IE asking to run, save, or save as. Select save as. If save as isn't an option, there's should be a pull down arrow next to save. If neither, then click save.
Save the file to your documents. Should take 5-10 minutes. When finished, select "open folder". Then right click the zip file and select extract all or extract to here. It'll extract two files, the readme.txt and the .bin file.
Copy the .bin to a blank thumb drive.
Then open page 1 of your game manual for instructions on uploading the code on your pin.
Lastly, cross your fingers, do a 360 degree clockwise dance and a 360 counterclockwise dance and pray to the pin gods all goes smoothe jk, you'll have no problems

#94 11 years ago

Oh and don't worry xmen owners (I'm an owner too), our update is coming, and the readme file will look something like this:

-fixed issue with iceman ramp moving when it shouldn't
-fixed issue where inserts wouldn't light properly
-fixed issue where the wrong call outs would be made
-xmen code complete. Thank you drive thru

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I believe u also need to have Winzip to be able to open the file and have it read. It's a program you have to buy, someone please correct me if I I'm mistaken here. I used the trial version last update..my computer
doesn't recognize bin files otherwise..

Windows 7 will extract zip files. Just right click the file and click extract all.

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is what frightens me . . . if it is true I am done with Stern.

I believe it's true. Saw this last year after TFLE got a pathetic POWERpack update followed by an insanely killer ACDC update. At first I thought it was cause it was Lyman. Unfortunately, I did not grasp this concept and fell for the gravy train and Pre ordered xmen. After mos of no real update, and more ACDC love, I saw where all the attention goes and it makes sense, the premiums. There is no more money to be made from LE only runs, they sold them all so why focus countless hours on code? I didn't want to believe this, but its all too coincidental, especially now...one year later. I'm getting off the train and going to work my way back to a 4 pin lineup and enjoy my collection for awhile instead of spreading my legs open for stern to repeatedly kick me in the nuts.

I dig TFLE and xmen; but failed promises leave a bad taste in my mouth. Future owners of these titles won't have to live the pains we already endured and actually enjoy the gameplay for what it is....and get the game at a discount, a very generous discount.

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What is the widow skill shot?
The only three I am aware of is two at the top with full plunge (one is hands free, the other you can make by using flippers) and now the short plunge CA shot with the new code.

Hold the left flipper down and plunge. It'll activate the control gate by the roll overs sending the ball down CA to the left flipper and BW will be active for a skill shot. I haven't hit her yet, but I got the new CA skill shot and love the call out.

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I guess with the update for a premium less tron, this while theory just flew out the window..

Haha for the most part yes, on how I worded it. But, there's a high demand for pros so they can justify $ expense for code. How's the xmen and TF pro demand doing? ......

#144 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Things I have noticed:
Captain America speech seems more corny now
Less Hulk speech
Hulks arm is not hitting the bridge hinge
A lot less trapped balls by hulk
A lot more Loki speech
***Collected all the Avengers (Not completed ) but could NOT start "Battle for the Helicarrier"
What do you have to do to start the mini-wizard mode the Hellicarrier mode ?
It doesn't appear to be as pronounced.

Look at Lokis lock lights next time you assemble all the avengers. The shot should see, clear by the way those lights flash.

#145 11 years ago

Has anyone replaced their avengers backbox flashers with LEDs? I did tonight color for color with flat 89s and my head kinda hurts after an hour of play. Think ill switch back or try warm whites throughout.

Also, anyone notice thors backbox flash doesn't pulse any,ore when he's assembled?

#151 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You using the flat top flashers from PBL? You should never use those above the playfield in domes...they'll blind the shit out of you. They're great under inserts and sometimes plastics....but domes...fried eyeballs. Try the CT Super Flashers in there, they work better w/ the multi-directional LEDs.

They're the CT flats just as bemmett said. I'll try supers tonight and see how it goes. But yea, they're very blinding lol.

#166 11 years ago

Nothing better than playing an awesome pinball on Friday night a d kicking its mother F*ing arse!!! Completed all the avengers but Thor. I have all the avengers on hard except ironman which is on easy. I have him on easy cause I hate that his shot drops the ball into the pops until he's assembled. Anyway, got skinny posts on the outlanes min position and lemme tell you, the game ain't easy. I was just having one of those games where I hit every shot back to back. I collected all the avengers quick and completed AotHC. Must have done each players vs Mode 3 times except Thor, he was a bitch to start and only did it once. I also got the tesserect super JP and I don't know what was going on at the time but the cosmic started freaking out and making noises like I was in the movie tron. Next thing I notice is the dmd says tesserect super JP lit yet no shots were indicated so I kept hitting the tesserect but nothing. Then I hit BW a d the game freaked out....tesserect super jackpot!! 10.5 mil. Then the dmd displayed something like level#1 tesserect complete or something weird like that. Figure there's different level tier JPs or something. Anyway, here's something to drool on...oh yea, hold bonus and hold bonus X were awarded on my best ball for 2...count them TWO 140mil end of ball bonuses! Rofl. Loving this game. Wish I made it to the wizard mode

image.jpgimage.jpg

#171 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Holy crap Eskay, was that on 3ball? I hit 49 mill a few nights ago last code, I felt good until now
edit-but then again I just got it, I hear you retired and do nothing but play Avengers all day

Hahaha, avengers is my life now. Lol JK I have a 4 mo. Old at home now so when I tell the wife to watch the baby and that I'm gonna play ONE game, I gotta make it count rofl!

I didn't make it to the final wizard mode though, I was about 4 shots shy of completing Thor. Assault on the helicarrier, mini wiz mode, is much better than it was pre-patch. And Loki mb super JP has an awesome ending animation. Tough as nails to do though.

Quoted from centerflank:

At 245am here, my youngest comes down to the pin cave, "Daddy I cant sleep"
I say its really late and Im just up way past bedtime. I then tell her to get back to bed.
She says "Well, can I play a game of Hulk first?"

edit-just put Children of the Corn on netflix, Medusa pin right in the beginning!

Lol awesome!

#173 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

That Hulk pin looks really sharp... hope to get to play one some day.

Hulk is amazing in person. I hope to see an AV blue one day, but I think it won't be much different than my wolverine (which is a good thing).

#174 11 years ago

Oh I forgot to mention, during my epic 500 mil game, I actually had a 5 ball Loki mb. It was freakin cool. I had completed a vs mode then started another and got add a ball so I had 4 balls, then completed that vs mode and was playing 4 ball mb with the normal game board rules, how freaking cool is that?!?! Then I started Loki mb and had 5 balls going for it. Great times and a real nice change of rules deep into the game.

#176 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Like ACDC this will slowly continue to take off. Not because of pre hype but because folks will get to play them and see what an amazing game it really is.
These two are the ones!!

I know! And I still haven't updated my ACDC lol. Gotta get to that today...if I can pry myself away from avengers

#186 11 years ago
Quoted from CrazyGrady:

Since I upgraded... I have more problems. Right in the middle of a ball in play.... The flippers will stop working. When I do lose a ball... The game still thinks its in play and will not eject one for me to hit with the plunger... I need to turn it off. I will get multi ball (two balls total) for no reason right after I send the first ball into play. I'm thinking about going back to v1.2. The only reason I'm not at the moment is because v1.4 is suppose to fix hulks right hand from hitting the bridge. Has anyone has any or similar problems like the ones I have described?

Pretty much what Eggbert said. Check your trough for a bulb. Then reseat your opto sensor connectors for the trough (should be two). Also check to see if the optos are lined up right. Lastly check your trough switches. If nine of that works call or email tech support.

#207 11 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

I've had mine do something similar, but it was related to opening the coin door during a multiplayer game...usually to retrieve one of the bulbs which had fallen out of the sling shot. After closing the door, the game would resume and a few seconds later the flippers would stop. It would repeat that for each player. It would return to normal after cycling the power. It did that on 1.2. Haven't had the need to try it on 1.4 yet.

I have seen this in both 1.2 and 1.4

#232 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Love the update! Sounds, dots, the new skill shot. Game is even better than it was and was already very good.
Had my best game ever! Previous high score was right at 200k. Updated and still at 3 ball. Crushed my first ball for 200 million, which I've never done. Got a 95 million bonus and 125 million bonus in the game. Ill probably never do it again. Although I will have fun trying.

Awesome score zdoor! Got me beat by 32 mil damn you lol. How is your game set up? I'm pretty much all factory except two changes - skinny posts on the min outlanes and ironman set to easy. I nailed 350 mil tonight! Freaking epic game.

To answer a previous question on bonuses. They start racking up high as you collect avengers, get the 2X multiplier running, then go on an epic long ball with the multipliers active and keeping shield rolling.

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I scored 96 mil on 5 ball, but I can't get the big bonus, most I got was 14 mil. I had all Avengers completed except IM, multiple hulk and Loki MBs, but just couldn't get score up. I think the trick is to go after secrets of shield and NF, which boosts and holds bonus and can give extra ball if you can get the ball on the saucer. I think hitting the saucer is the toughest shot on the game.

You had 5 of the 6 avengers completed and only got 96 mil? How did you do on AotHC? Or did you only have them collected?

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just had my best game to date. 150 million! I got to, and completed the Attack on the Helicarry mode. My only complaint was I really didn't know what was left to finish the mode, and then hit the hawkeye shot which completed it. But it wasn't lit so I thought that was a little odd.
But I am absolutely loving this pin! Its fast, challenging, and if you can believe this, has kept me from touching my ACDC Premium for over a week! Didn't think that was possible!
For anyone that cares, I haven't moved any of the outlanes, that was on 3 ball, and I set all the Avengers to medium difficulty.

The final shot on AotHC will light Loki, not HE. It should be both though.

On the ACDC comment; it wasn't til yesterday that I finally updated my ACDC lol. Avengers keeps sucking me away from it. But I was flipping back and forth from ACDC and avengers, two great games next to each other cause of the unique play and rules of both.

1 year later
#271 9 years ago

In before the lock to educate Optimus. It's been a long while since I've played avengers. But from what I remember, when you collect the avengers (2nd time through) their shot is 2X for the remainder of the ball. The secret to scoring is getting a stack in of collecting 2-4 avengers in one ball, starting AOTHC and completing it. Don't forget to stack your bonus Xs. That should keep you busy for awhile and hopefully off pinside for a few months; your negative attitude isn't wanted here on pinside.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Decided last week that I would move the Avengers up to my apartment in the city.
So yesterday I loaded her up and bought her up. Set it up this morning.
Gave the playfield a good clean with Simple Green and adjusted the slings which were a bit lazy from the factory. Cleaned the glass and put it back on. Gave it a quick test game.
This ones for you Optimus.

It wasnt a particularly great game to be honest. No Avengers completed, only 5 started (no Thor) 3 Vs modes started, none completed. Last ball had 32m bonus. Nice.

image.jpg 201 KB

image-660.jpg 200 KB

Meh, 133 mil with the glass off isn't that impressive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-14-out?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.