DSC08563.JPG
image.jpg
gorilla_has_to_pee.jpg
DSC08803.JPG
DSC08802.JPG
image.jpg
1323807518071_6363619_-_Copy.png
1323807518071_6363619_-_Copy.png
There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 11 years ago
Quoted from CrazyGrady:

I just played another game and right in the middle of play.... The flippers died. I did notice that the balls do tend to stick on, or shake like crazy when passing on the plate right in front of hulk like if they were magnetized. Could this be the problem with the pinballs if they were magnetized?

I think you have a bad board but we need to narrow it down as to which one. My guess is the I/O.

#202 11 years ago
Quoted from CrazyGrady:

I just played another game and right in the middle of play.... The flippers died. I did notice that the balls do tend to stick on, or shake like crazy when passing on the plate right in front of hulk like if they were magnetized. Could this be the problem with the pinballs if they were magnetized?

The Hulk magnet is under the plate so that is the reason the ball acts crazy when it passes over that.

#203 11 years ago

I will give stern a call tomorrow. Thanks everyone for helping me out. Funny.... I just didn't have these problems until I upgraded to v1.4....

#204 11 years ago
Quoted from CrazyGrady:

I will give stern a call tomorrow. Thanks everyone for helping me out. Funny.... I just didn't have these problems until I upgraded to v1.4....

It happens. I had no issues with X-Men until I moved. Turns out...it was coincidental.

#205 11 years ago

I've had mine do something similar, but it was related to opening the coin door during a multiplayer game...usually to retrieve one of the bulbs which had fallen out of the sling shot. After closing the door, the game would resume and a few seconds later the flippers would stop. It would repeat that for each player. It would return to normal after cycling the power. It did that on 1.2. Haven't had the need to try it on 1.4 yet.

#206 11 years ago

You either have a bad I/O board, trough opto, or even both. At least, your symptoms sound that way! Its not your code.

#207 11 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

I've had mine do something similar, but it was related to opening the coin door during a multiplayer game...usually to retrieve one of the bulbs which had fallen out of the sling shot. After closing the door, the game would resume and a few seconds later the flippers would stop. It would repeat that for each player. It would return to normal after cycling the power. It did that on 1.2. Haven't had the need to try it on 1.4 yet.

I have seen this in both 1.2 and 1.4

#208 11 years ago

Love the update! Sounds, dots, the new skill shot. Game is even better than it was and was already very good.

Had my best game ever! Previous high score was right at 200k. Updated and still at 3 ball. Crushed my first ball for 200 million, which I've never done. Got a 95 million bonus and 125 million bonus in the game. Ill probably never do it again. Although I will have fun trying.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#209 11 years ago

nice one. The loki multiball is very cool with all the new callouts and loki giving you a hard time. Side note , i have no idea how the loki lock knows there is a ball there. I can't see an opto or anything. does it just rest against the post and hit a switch maybe?

#210 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

nice one. The loki multiball is very cool with all the new callouts and loki giving you a hard time. Side note , i have no idea how the loki lock knows there is a ball there. I can't see an opto or anything. does it just rest against the post and hit a switch maybe?

There are 3 sensors (optos?) right underneath where the balls stay (almost looks like screws). If you get the sticker from Stern to keep the balls from hanging up it's important not to cover them.

#211 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Got a 95 million bonus and 125 million bonus in the game

I am very interested in this game but I don't know if I like the huge scoring from bonuses. What are you doing to build them to that level?

#212 11 years ago

I have never gotten more than about 10 million for my end of ball bonus. Of course, my best game to date is like 80 million so clearly I'm not killing this pin yet. But getting better quickly!

#213 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Previous high score was right at 200k

So you went from 200k to 500mill, your a pinball hustler!

I just broke 75mill and knocked those silly GS initials down a peg

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You either have a bad I/O board, trough opto, or even both. At least, your symptoms sound that way! Its not your code.

Quoted from eggbert52:

I think you have a bad board but we need to narrow it down as to which one. My guess is the I/O.

No idea how you guys are jumping to "bad board" here. The symptoms don't support this in my opinion. If the problem is intermittent, it's probably the trough opto boards. Very common failure point in all sterns and these are the types of symptoms you get.

Reflowing the solder on those boards can often fix it. I always keep a spare set of these as again its a common failure point.

#215 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

No idea how you guys are jumping to "bad board" here. The symptoms don't support this in my opinion. If the problem is intermittent, it's probably the trough opto boards. Very common failure point in all sterns and these are the types of symptoms you get.
Reflowing the solder on those boards can often fix it. I always keep a spare set of these as again its a common failure point.

Markmon, I honestly wish I had your skills...I'm extremely envious because I'm not very good at soldering. I knew my X-Men game inside and out but on this one I may have jumped the gun a little.

Unfortunately, many of us are not as technically inclined as you are to fix our games so the easiest solution is to call Stern and request an additional part.

Anyway, good advice from you as always.

#216 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Markmon, I honestly wish I had your skills...I'm extremely envious because I'm not very good at soldering. I knew my X-Men game inside and out but on this one I may have jumped the gun a little.
Unfortunately, many of us are not as technically inclined as you are to fix our games so the easiest solution is to call Stern and request an additional part.

Soldering and especially reflowing solder is super easy. Maybe a local collector can give you a lesson? I never knew how to solder before, but when I started to collect arcade games - my friend walked me through my first monitor repair (cap kit) & taught me how to solder. Those skills came in handy when I got into pinball - and I've found that solder repairs are WAY easier on pins than on vids...mostly because the issues are more logical to diagnose.

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's too bad you're not closer because soldering isn't too hard and I'm confident that with the right iron and a little practice, you could quickly become a pro. If you really want to learn, you could even post an ad in your local Craigslist that says something like "need instruction on how to solder $50". If you have a steady hand you can learn. It's basically just holding a hot iron steady and not touching things you shouldn't with it. I got pretty good at soldering installing play station mod chips

#218 11 years ago

Thanks Markmon and Rarehero...good peeps!

I'll take a look at honing my soldering skills.

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nothing better than playing an awesome pinball on Friday night a d kicking its mother F*ing arse!!! Completed all the Avengers but Thor. I have all the Avengers on hard except ironman which is on easy. I have him on easy cause I hate that his shot drops the ball into the pops until he's assembled.

Eskaybee, you are a pretty amazing player . . . Avengers has been simply kicking my butt (only have about fifteen games on it, but man it is hard). Do you enter tournaments?

Quoted from centerflank:

I had my first bulb wiggle out under the slingshot, Im replacing with PBL ablaze4 as they come out (and the opposite side bulb to match). They seem to fit rather tight in the socket.

My buddy has lost about five GE bulbs . . . not sure why, they are just popping out. Haven't replaced them yet; need to help him do that as it is making the game darker.

#220 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just broke 75mill and knocked those silly GS initials down a peg

Alright, I need to watch some videos on this game for strategy. I only have 15 games on it but a poultry 11 mill is the best I could do. This is a pretty brutal game it seems; a very good game, but those are some tight tight shots in there. I find it hard to believe anyone can hit Black Widow consistently.

#221 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alright, I need to watch some videos on this game for strategy. I only have 15 games on it but a poultry 11 mill is the best I could do. This is a pretty brutal game it seems; a very good game, but those are some tight tight shots in there. I find it hard to believe anyone can hit Black Widow consistently.

I havent really read the rules much, as i never do cause I just like to playNshoot, but keeping the tesseract spinning really bumps scoring nicely.

#222 11 years ago

because of how often Hulk traps my balls, I can't ever get that far on tesseract since there is a timer involved. really pisses me off too.

#223 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You'll be fine. Most of my drains are when I let the ball bounce off of the inside of the flipper rather than trying to bat it into play like I would have when I was 7 years old. Tough game to control but once you learn the bounces it becomes more fun.

#224 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I havent really read the rules much, as i never do cause I just like to playNshoot, but keeping the tesseract spinning really bumps scoring nicely.

Yeah, but that's how you get most of the drains which is why the game will be a masterpiece.

#225 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yeah, but that's how you get most of the drains which is why the game will be a masterpiece.

or you can just shake the machine like a man to keep it away from the outlanes

#226 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

LMAO!!

#227 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No I meant the center drain...tough to shake it away from that.

#228 11 years ago

No I meant the center drain...tough to shake it away from that.

Not if you use these!

DSC08563.JPGDSC08563.JPG

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from jbrady65tv:

I am very interested in this game but I don't know if I like the huge scoring from bonuses. What are you doing to build them to that level?

Skill shot, ball time was long an earned multiple shield awards including hold bonus. Never got close to that score before.

#230 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Skill shot, ball time was long an earned multiple shield awards including hold bonus. Never got close to that score before.

All of the talk tonight of high scores from you all on this thread inspired me and guided me to understand the rules a little better. I played only one game tonight and scored 288 million. That is by far the best I have done before. I think the last bonus was 118 million and the bonus before that was around 48 million.

The key seems to be to go after the IM shot and the Shield bonus target as much as possible during multi-balls of any kind. It also obviously helps to get as many of the lane multipliers as you can get but that is a little tougher than the shield awards. Another thing that helps is to get the Vs. modes going as often as possible so go for the same shots until you get them. Additionally, anytime Loki or Hulk multi-ball is available late in the game it is a good idea to try to start it to extend the game even longer and then you can get more Hero shots that lead to Vs. modes and more Shield bonuses.

Also, you definitely need the Hold bonus to really rack up the bonus points with the multipliers.

#231 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Not if you use these!

LMAO! Great comedy on here tonight!

Quoted from DCFAN:

All of the talk tonight of high scores from you all on this thread inspired me and guided me to understand the rules a little better. I played only one game tonight and scored 288 million. That is by far the best I have done before. I think the last bonus was 118 million and the bonus before that was around 48 million.
The key seems to be to go after the IM shot and the Shield bonus target as much as possible during multi-balls of any kind. It also obviously helps to get as many of the lane multipliers as you can get but that is a little tougher than the shield awards. Another thing that helps is to get the Vs. modes going as often as possible so go for the same shots until you get them. Additionally, anytime Loki or Hulk multi-ball is available late in the game it is a good idea to try to start it to extend the game even longer and then you can get more Hero shots that lead to Vs. modes and more Shield bonuses.
Also, you definitely need the Hold bonus to really rack up the bonus points with the multipliers.

This is helpful; I will need to spend some more time on this game. Only have about 15 games on it and it has torn me limb from limb each game.

#232 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Love the update! Sounds, dots, the new skill shot. Game is even better than it was and was already very good.
Had my best game ever! Previous high score was right at 200k. Updated and still at 3 ball. Crushed my first ball for 200 million, which I've never done. Got a 95 million bonus and 125 million bonus in the game. Ill probably never do it again. Although I will have fun trying.

Awesome score zdoor! Got me beat by 32 mil damn you lol. How is your game set up? I'm pretty much all factory except two changes - skinny posts on the min outlanes and ironman set to easy. I nailed 350 mil tonight! Freaking epic game.

To answer a previous question on bonuses. They start racking up high as you collect avengers, get the 2X multiplier running, then go on an epic long ball with the multipliers active and keeping shield rolling.

#233 11 years ago

I'd like to make another humble request for some solid 1.4 video. It would be really nice to see the changes in action.

#234 11 years ago

I've got mine on 5 ball and haven't gotten over 100k yet. pathetic I know.

#235 11 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I've got mine on 5 ball and haven't gotten over 100k yet. pathetic I know.

Add me to the pathetic club...Still loving it though..I just never see myself getting to the 500mil club..especially not on 3ball..

#236 11 years ago

I scored 96 mil on 5 ball, but I can't get the big bonus, most I got was 14 mil. I had all avengers completed except IM, multiple hulk and Loki MBs, but just couldn't get score up. I think the trick is to go after secrets of shield and NF, which boosts and holds bonus and can give extra ball if you can get the ball on the saucer. I think hitting the saucer is the toughest shot on the game.

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I scored 96 mil on 5 ball, but I can't get the big bonus, most I got was 14 mil. I had all Avengers completed except IM, multiple hulk and Loki MBs, but just couldn't get score up. I think the trick is to go after secrets of shield and NF, which boosts and holds bonus and can give extra ball if you can get the ball on the saucer. I think hitting the saucer is the toughest shot on the game.

You had 5 of the 6 avengers completed and only got 96 mil? How did you do on AotHC? Or did you only have them collected?

#238 11 years ago

Sorry, COLLECTED, not completed.

#239 11 years ago

Just had my best game to date. 150 million! I got to, and completed the Attack on the Helicarry mode. My only complaint was I really didn't know what was left to finish the mode, and then hit the hawkeye shot which completed it. But it wasn't lit so I thought that was a little odd.

But I am absolutely loving this pin! Its fast, challenging, and if you can believe this, has kept me from touching my ACDC Premium for over a week! Didn't think that was possible!

For anyone that cares, I haven't moved any of the outlanes, that was on 3 ball, and I set all the avengers to medium difficulty.

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just had my best game to date. 150 million! I got to, and completed the Attack on the Helicarry mode. My only complaint was I really didn't know what was left to finish the mode, and then hit the hawkeye shot which completed it. But it wasn't lit so I thought that was a little odd.
But I am absolutely loving this pin! Its fast, challenging, and if you can believe this, has kept me from touching my ACDC Premium for over a week! Didn't think that was possible!
For anyone that cares, I haven't moved any of the outlanes, that was on 3 ball, and I set all the Avengers to medium difficulty.

The final shot on AotHC will light Loki, not HE. It should be both though.

On the ACDC comment; it wasn't til yesterday that I finally updated my ACDC lol. Avengers keeps sucking me away from it. But I was flipping back and forth from ACDC and avengers, two great games next to each other cause of the unique play and rules of both.

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

and if you can believe this,

I believe it. Avengers has supplanted SM as my current favorite game. I just need to find one closer than Pinballer22's house!

#242 11 years ago

Well maybe it lit Loki, the point was, I didn't notice what I was supposed to do next to finish it. Luckily I hit the shot. A lot of very cool call outs and DMD animation during that mode!

#243 11 years ago

When people say "lit Loki" does that refer to the Lock lights? I was at the last shot to win the Helicarrier mode last night and did not notice anything being lit but was not looking for the Loki lock lights because I was also one ball away from Loki multiball when I started Helicarrier, thus the Loki lock lights were already flashing the top light the last time I looked at them.

1 year later
#244 9 years ago

500 million my a.s, dont believe that for one second if i dont get to see it myself, for all i know you could have played with the glass of and made your own rules, seen alot of that

#245 9 years ago

It's defintely possible, my high is 343 mil on three ball, factory code settings, rubber flippers, right lane moved in one notch. It's all in the bonus.

#246 9 years ago

If anyone has a copy of old AVLE code (1.1, 1.2, etc), please PM me. I would like to try out my AVLE with old code.

Thanks!

#247 9 years ago

possible in one to an million maybe dude, im good at flipper and this game you just dont make that score on, i have the hulk le nr40 so i know, dont care what you say, as long as you dont have a recording on it its just a lie to me, thats it

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from optimus47:

possible in one to an million maybe dude, im good at flipper and this game you just dont make that score on, i have the hulk le nr40 so i know, dont care what you say, as long as you dont have a recording on it its just a lie to me, thats it

"Lighten up Francis". Only pinball, no need for a coronary.

I've got 390m on my Avengers LE. Total factory 3 ball settings.

It's a tough game. I think that particular game took around 45 minutes?

As the above poster said, your big points come from Bonus and Bonus X. Same as TOTAN.

In the 390m game, I had a bonus of 120m odd on the second ball. This is from spamming the Mystery shot every chance you get, to get bonus multipliers and hopefully bonus hold.

rd.

#249 9 years ago

good for you, but still dont believe it, sorry

#250 9 years ago

I had a friend get a 100 million bonus, with bonus hold, so on ball 3 he had already earned an additional 100 million before plunging the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-14-out/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.